12/10 Ralph Baer Memorial Maintenance. Level Cap Increase - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

12/10 Ralph Baer Memorial Maintenance. Level Cap Increase

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
716 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:46 PM

POPULAR

We will be starting the maintenance earlier and ending the maintenance later to give us more time to test. The hours of this week's maintenance will be 8am-2pm PDT. 

Greetings Everyone!

This week we are honoring a major pioneer of video games as we know them, inventor of the first home console game machine, which became the Magnavox Odyssey. Of Jewish heritage, Baer's family fled Europe as persecution grew and grew up working with machines and electronics. He came up with the idea and hardware for playing a game on a television screen while working at a defense contractor firm in Massachusetts in the late 1960s. This led to the development of the "Brown Box", the prototype which would be licensed to the Magnavox company as the Odyssey. If that wasn't enough, Baer also created the first light gun/game and the famous electronic memory quiz toy Simon. He passed away on December 6th, and we salute him here today. 

That being said I wanted to mention something in advance for our users who play Kagerou, Oboro, and Super Duper Novices (lv 99+ Super Novices).

Currently the level cap increase increases the max level for the 3-1 and 3-2 Classes to 175/60

For Kagerou, Oboro, and Super Novices their cap become 160/50. We are currently requesting that kRO increase the level cap for these expanded classes to 175/60 to keep them current with the rest of the user base. 

Notes for this week's maintenance: 

level-175-update.png

Additional unique skills unlock for third classes as well as a new skill [Full Throttle] that can be learned by all 3rd classes.

Scaraba Challenge Dungeon is active!

[Prerequisites] You need the Ring of Ancient King and completed up to step 7 of Doha's Secret Orders quest. 

To speak with the Dirty Vigilante, please purchase 6 Scaraba Purfumes from the Curious Sapha vendor. The vigilante will then let you enter the Scaraba Nightmare Dungeon.  I'll have a page up for this soon with details on the monsters. 

Accessory Card-Gold Scaraba Card ATK +20, MHP -1%
Headgear Card-Gold Queen Scaraba Card Decrease damage from insect enemies by 10%. When equip is refined to +9, damage is decreased by an additional 5%.

Jumping Janeway event returns! Speak with Janeway in Izlude to do quick leveling quests to get to 70!

Mesmerist will be appearing in the Eden Group to offer a one time free skill/stat reset 

2014 Holiday Quest coming in 

New 300 kp Lucky Box

The lower costume headgears in the box will be enchantable. 

The Turn Ins will not be changing this week. 

Lighthalzen Spotlight is still in

#2 ChenChen12

ChenChen12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:48 PM

#3 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:48 PM

tumblr_inline_mknk9oPHdI1qz4rgp.gif

#4 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:49 PM

an extra 10 job levels would be sick...

#5 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

an extra 10 job levels would be sick...

We are a lot more worried about the base level tbh. Skill points matter but not as much as the extra stats and base level difference calculations. 

#6 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

my actual concern is with a skill change i heard about... making it so pure soul is canceled when you receive damage... that would be very detrimental to the ninja classes...

#7 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:02 PM

the hp mods for expanded classes are pretty rough though so anything that helps even the playing field is welcomed.

still no love for viri though :(

#8 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

Greetings Everyone!

I am sure that Oda will eventually edit this post to include a bit of history for our weekly maintenance lesson. That being said I wanted to mention something in advance for our users who play Kagerou, Oboro, and Super Duper Novices (lv 99+ Super Novices).

Currently the level cap increase increases the max level for the 3-1 and 3-2 Classes to 175/60

For Kagerou, Oboro, and Super Novices their cap become 160/50. We are currently requesting that kRO increase the level cap for these expanded classes to 175/60 to keep them current with the rest of the user base. 

Oda will eventually post the normal patch notes.

Can you ask them to increase the cap for the other expanded classes too? D:

Linker/TKM

Gunslinger

Just the base level even...!

#9 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:06 PM

That would be great, because it would be sad if the job with the most versatile skill set, and one of the coolest characters to play, became vastly underpowered, because Kagerou/Oboro couldn't lv upto the real lv cap, thus lacking a insane amount of stat points to allocate.

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

Linker/TKM
Gunslinger

it's really just the tk tree since hopefully Camp/Oda are including rebellions as part of the 175/60 request. since it doesn't look like ninjas will be able to go beyond 99 gunslingers probably won't be either until rebellions come in and they job change.

#11 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:10 PM

Linker/TKM

Gunslinger

We looked into that and its built into the exe so we need kRO for this. However we do have a tentative delivery time period on Rebellion for 3rd Quarter 2015 (may change).

#12 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

3Q15? some people would like to exercise their 2nd amendment rights in the new world a little earlier than that...

#13 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

it's really just the tk tree since hopefully Camp/Oda are including rebellions as part of the 175/60 request. since it doesn't look like ninjas will be able to go beyond 99 gunslingers probably won't be either until rebellions come in and they job change.

oda already answer this in the 12/3 thread. gunslinger 2nd class tentatively for 3Q.

#14 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:19 PM

yeah i know that, i was responding to something in viri's post.

#15 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

We looked into that and its built into the exe so we need kRO for this. However we do have a tentative delivery time period on Rebellion for 3rd Quarter 2015 (may change).

That's far off, but It's big news if kRO actually gave a suspected ETA on it, so unlike many things we may never get, I suppose atleast people should be glad, that it is coming.

Personally I think It's a crappy job, but hey, there's plenty of people looking forward to it(This is a MMO after all)

#16 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:23 PM

10 months is a long time for rebellion, could let them get going on base levels too for sure then!

#17 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

Greetings Everyone!

I am sure that Oda will eventually edit this post to include a bit of history for our weekly maintenance lesson. That being said I wanted to mention something in advance for our users who play Kagerou, Oboro, and Super Duper Novices (lv 99+ Super Novices).

Oda will eventually post the normal patch notes.

Can you push them to give you guys info on Clock Tower Nightmare, and Scaraba Nightmare? They're basically using same map, just have npc warp to same map on seperated server, with just different monster data. Its insane that they're planning on releasing 160+ dungeons and instances on q2.

You can use this to track how scattered their plan is. 

Edited by CharAznable, 04 December 2014 - 04:33 PM.

#18 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:35 PM

Can you push them to give you guys info on Clock Tower Nightmare, and Scaraba Nightmare? They're basically using same map, just have npc warp to same map on seperated server, with just different monster data. Its insane that they're planning on releasing 160+ dungeons and instances on q2.

You can use this to track how scattered their plan is. 

Only thing were missing for Scaraba Nightmare is the card data for the Scarabas and their queen. Which we requested yesterday.

#19 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

Only thing were missing for Scaraba Nightmare is the card data for the Scarabas and their queen. Which we requested yesterday.

Card can wait!!!! we're missing many other cards already. You can ask about http://ro.gnjoy.com/...q=136&curpage=2 this one.

#20 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:37 PM

3Q15? some people would like to exercise their 2nd amendment rights in the new world a little earlier than that...

#MURICA

#21 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:39 PM

Oh ok awesome, so you'll be implementing that Nightmare Dungeon, once they send the card data then?

#22 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

Think I won't be leveling till at least nightmare clock tower is here (hopefully the lvl req to enter is 150+), we simply don't have monsters available that wouldn't get their exp nerfed by level range past 150+ except mvps...

#23 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:47 PM

the only way to reach 175 faster is using medals and BB. hell with our current state, all monsters exp will be penalized pas 160, makes 175-ing even slower.

#24 kriZchan

kriZchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

can i ask what update will include the slotting and enchanting of the same temporal boots at the same time?

#25 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:56 PM

Think I won't be leveling till at least nightmare clock tower is here (hopefully the lvl req to enter is 150+), we simply don't have monsters available that wouldn't get their exp nerfed by level range past 150+ except mvps...

Scaraba Nightmare was supposed to be fillercap between 150~160. along with Faceworm instances and other stuff. I doubt that they need to lower it when we're going to have scaraba most likely. Im just worrying about monster spawn rate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users