Buff Bots - Page 10 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Buff Bots

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#226 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

or..

Or....

OR....

have a slave mercenary that heals and buffs

but then again i guess that would just encourage solo playing and kill partying

the population in iRO is really dying and i really dont know how to get it to be like in the past

i used to be able to enter a quest map and find loads of ppl setting up chats and looking for partys, now no more T.T

Isnt that a great thing? :p_swt:

#227 BobbyLenard

BobbyLenard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

Actually try to and kill the bots, and disable multi-clienting.
There, done, group play is valuable again.

You're welcome WP.

Thar would make friend and guildie account share more

#228 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

I disagree that a WP made system would rely on a bot as Window Shopper Catalogs seem to pull data out of somewhere and I don't see Window Shopper Catalog bots running around anywhere but it is a legitimate worry that kRO will sit on this for a ridiculous amount of time before doing anything.

Window shopper catalogues rely on a kRO-provided interface that requires you not only to be connected to the same zone server as the shops for which you want to search, but to be on the same map as well. To make use of this interface, you need to have something connected to every server that someone might want to search, which implies the use of a bot, just like ragial. However, it's horribly inefficient and there are severe limitations to its use--so in the end you would have a system that performs far worse than ragial, and you wouldn't even have managed to shed the dependence on bots.

#229 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:40 PM

Window shopper catalogues rely on a kRO-provided interface that requires you not only to be connected to the same zone server as the shops for which you want to search, but to be on the same map as well. To make use of this interface, you need to have something connected to every server that someone might want to search, which implies the use of a bot, just like ragial. However, it's horribly inefficient and there are severe limitations to its use--so in the end you would have a system that performs far worse than ragial, and you wouldn't even have managed to shed the dependence on bots.

Doesn't ragial only check Prontera though?

And I still don't get how it'll need a bot like ragial.

#230 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:57 PM

Doesn't ragial only check Prontera though?

It checks Payon and Eden 2F too.

#231 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

It should check all towns if its for the good of ragnarok

#232 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

What other towns do people vend in? Every other town in RO is practically dead.

#233 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

It checks Payon and Eden 2F too.

Ah ok.

Definitely.

What other towns do people vend in? Every other town in RO is practically dead.

I heard things are like that now.

#234 queenmastersmith

queenmastersmith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:12 PM

The reason no one vends in other towns is because Ragial only checks a few areas. A few people have a monopoly in specific towns though, since they have no competition (like that Geneticist in Rachel).

Edited by queenmastersmith, 01 January 2015 - 08:12 PM.

#235 gozaru

gozaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Locationassassin house
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:53 PM

goodbye buff scroll

#236 papaneko

papaneko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:59 PM

The reason no one vends in other towns is because Ragial only checks a few areas. A few people have a monopoly in specific towns though, since they have no competition (like that Geneticist in Rachel).

Is she a real person? I've always wondered. She's never not on.

#237 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:40 AM

To use the window shopper catalogues, you send data to a zone server, the server searches its in-memory data structures, and then you get a response. This means you have to be logged in and connected to the server... which means you need a bot if you want any automation. It's not the same as, say, the character database (stored persistently in a mssql db) or the monster skill AI database (text file as of a few years ago, although I don't know if this is still the case), both of which can be externally queried without going through a server.

The reason no one vends in other towns is because Ragial only checks a few areas.chel).

If this were true, people wouldn't have bothered to vend in Eden and Payon in large numbers back when ragial covered only Prontera. In fact, ragial expanded to those areas precisely because they developed sizable populations. In contrast, no one vends in classic payon even though ragial has been going there almost since the beginning of the server. Meanwhile, places like Aldeberan and Morroc didn't experience significant changes in shop and population density after ragial came into being, and waned only when game updates eliminated compelling reasons to visit.

Edited by renouille, 02 January 2015 - 12:55 AM.

#238 Potatold

Potatold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:01 AM

Is she a real person? I've always wondered. She's never not on.

Yes it's a real person, she talks a lot sometimes.

And she's a he. 

#239 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:59 AM

Thar would make friend and guildie account share more

Isn't that "illegal", just as bots are?

Don't you think that if WP really enforced the rules, the game would be better?

If you can't multiclient your buffer, can't bot your buffer and can't account share, wouldn't you actually look for people to play the game with you? Assuming you really like the game and wouldn't quit it for something more modern and better managed.

#240 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:26 AM

Assuming you really like the game and wouldn't quit it for something more modern and better managed.

The reason these bots were created in the first place was the fact that most of the active community isn't hanging around in town.
In 2005 I would have agreed that these buff bots had no place in the game, as all of the cities (not just Prontera) were buzzing with life. Fast-forward to 2015, and good luck finding anyone not vending or AFK in even the most populated place in the game (Prontera).

#241 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

To use the window shopper catalogues, you send data to a zone server, the server searches its in-memory data structures, and then you get a response. This means you have to be logged in and connected to the server... which means you need a bot if you want any automation. It's not the same as, say, the character database (stored persistently in a mssql db) or the monster skill AI database (text file as of a few years ago, although I don't know if this is still the case), both of which can be externally queried without going through a server.

Are you saying that Window Shopper Catalogues use a bot in some way or are you saying you need a bot to be able to check a system if you're not logged in? In most MMOs you have to be logged in to see the marketplace...

#242 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:53 PM

If you can't multiclient your buffer, can't bot your buffer and can't account share, wouldn't you actually look for people to play the game with you? Assuming you really like the game and wouldn't quit it for something more modern and better managed.

That's possible. But you wouldn't be able to have a vend slave either while logged in. And the way it is, some people don't want to run their computers 24-7, so they only vend when logged in. You'd effectively trash the economy.

#243 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• 2448 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:27 PM

are you saying you need a bot to be able to check a system if you're not logged in? In most MMOs you have to be logged in to see the marketplace...

Are you saying you knew that a WP-made system wouldn't be able to build on what kRO has provided without the use of a bot, yet you made the argument that it could anyway?

I disagree that a WP made system would rely on a bot as Window Shopper Catalogs seem to pull data out of somewhere and I don't see Window Shopper Catalog bots running around anywhere but it is a legitimate worry that kRO will sit on this for a ridiculous amount of time before doing anything.

#244 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:19 PM

Are you saying you knew that a WP-made system wouldn't be able to build on what kRO has provided without the use of a bot, yet you made the argument that it could anyway?

I'm saying that I think it wouldn't need a bot and I think you're saying it would need a bot but I'm not 100% sure what you're saying.

#245 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:53 PM

I'm saying that I think it wouldn't need a bot and I think you're saying it would need a bot but I'm not 100% sure what you're saying.

Because with the way RO works, it would still need something like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users