Buff Bots - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Buff Bots

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#51 hamster

hamster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1090 posts
  • Twitter:hamstereclipse
  • LocationTAMPA, FL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO Chaos

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

the GM's could easily make an NPC in town that buff's and heal's  :hmm:

#52 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:53 PM

That would be Primo d'Buffer.

#53 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Thor

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:53 PM

the GM's could easily make an NPC in town that buff's and heal's  :hmm:

^Honestly I would rather prefer that rather than buff bots. For me, I play an AB and its very annoying when i get spammed pms & public chat for buffs because they instantly assume I'm a buff bot. Like seriously it's very annoying.  :p_err:

#54 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:55 PM

Looks like my post was deleted. I guess the truth hurts.

#55 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

I noticed the buff bot in PvP Pront was gone... Was slightly disappointed when I was making my poison bottles, not gonna lie. :P

... oops  :p_idea:

#56 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

the innkeep gives u full heal for 5k and also tosses in a bless. in izlude, the trainee aco gives you agi 10. it's not too hard to get the buffs you need :3

#57 rachelderp

rachelderp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:21 PM

Hi guys!

I'm the author of the buffplease plugin and maintainer of Fiolina. Through the years, a few people have asked me if they could run their own buff bots and even fewer could actually figure it out once I explained how. Despite being open source, I can list all of the people running my plugin on one hand.

The buff bots in Izlude are being maintained by my friend and if anyone has any concerns or thinks there are too many bots, please PM me and we can talk about it!

Thanks,

Rachel <3

#58 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:29 PM

Hi guys!

I'm the author of the buffplease plugin and maintainer of Fiolina. Through the years, a few people have asked me if they could run their own buff bots and even fewer could actually figure it out once I explained how. Despite being open source, I can list all of the people running my plugin on one hand.

The buff bots in Izlude are being maintained by my friend and if anyone has any concerns or thinks there are too many bots, please PM me and we can talk about it!

Thanks,

Rachel <3

While I imagine it's probably not too hard to find this information via google, I don't think it's very smart to just give this information away to anyone who asks for it.

Just one or two buff bots is ok, but once the info is out there it has the potential to spread from botter to botter like a virus, to the point where there are buff bots on every map.

I really hope GM's nip this in the bud while they still can. 

#59 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:08 PM

Hi guys!

Thanks,
Rachel <3

hai Rachel
i appreciate your helpings in providing buffs to help players. but somehow it is too much now since so many buff bots placed on city and somehow people use it for their own benefit.
and it gives the impression that iRO is bot friendly. i ask you to control the amount of them being placed.
thank you

#60 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

I think just having the buff bot in Prontera is enough. I agree about having too much buff bots making the game look bad.

Thanks!

Edited by Exuro, 15 December 2014 - 06:17 PM.

#61 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

Besides, I don't think you can party with the buff bots in Prontera, right?

Actually, you can. That's how you can get Magnificat and other party buffs. And I've seen them in South Pront, so I'm assuming that you can still request they follow you. But I wasn't talking about Rachelderp's bots in Prontera. I was talking about the ones in Izlude. I figured they were created by someone random...up until I saw this post:

Hi guys!

Thanks,

Rachel <3

Which bots in Izlude are the ones your friend is maintaining? I've seen at least one near Janeway (which is okay while that event is going on) and also some near Kafra. If they're all being maintained by your friend, I'd suggest asking they all be taken out once the event is over. There's just so many, and I was under the impression random people started making their own, especially after the warp bot has been spotted last week...

#62 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:36 AM

So... bots are acceptable now?

#63 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:25 AM

I think just having the buff bot in Prontera is enough. I agree about having too much buff bots making the game look bad.

I don't think buff bots are necessary. iRO could easily add NPCs to give the same buffs.

So... bots are acceptable now?

No.

#64 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:23 AM

I don't think buff bots are necessary. iRO could easily add NPCs to give the same buffs.

No.

Yeah, that's true. But if it's already there under agreement I wouldn't really mind.

@Kebtung
Backread my posts here...

Edited by Exuro, 16 December 2014 - 02:24 AM.

#65 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:33 AM

Even though I'm ok with buff bots, I agree. I have no idea why so many people are asking for buffs. It's not like they all are preparing to kill MVPs or something. So I think, most of us are ok with buff bots, just because people stopped bothering everyone with "buffs please" (and it's not even always "please").

#66 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:45 AM

Even though I'm ok with buff bots, I agree. I have no idea why so many people are asking for buffs. It's not like they all are preparing to kill MVPs or something. So I think, most of us are ok with buff bots, just because people stopped bothering everyone with "buffs please" (and it's not even always "please").

Just you wait, if you think it was bad before, now everyone is just going to assume every HP is a buff bot. It'll get even worse.

#67 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:49 AM

We can simply just ignore those impolite people (do not give them buff) instead of making an illegal thing legal.

If today we accept this kind of bot. Tomorrow it will be more than this. People are never enough.

#68 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:16 AM

Tomorrow it will be more than this. People are never enough.

Well, like I said before, it would be right if we had ~0 bots before. But for Iro that "tomorrow" happened long time ago.

#69 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:51 PM

i see no action taken since then, they also offer free warp bot today. zzz

viva botters! you wont get caught, no need to hide.

#70 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 25 December 2014 - 02:39 PM

What's so hard about pushing alt tab? >_> Why would anyone need to automate?

#71 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:46 PM

That would be VIP d'Buffer.

Fixed that for you.

#72 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:13 AM

Honestly speaking it is like kicking the hard work of real diligent priest players in the butt

#73 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:21 AM

With stilettos c:

#74 RecaIIer

RecaIIer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1227 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:00 AM

Its Pretty Funny when Fiolina served iRO for long time as a BOT BUFF for everyone.

Should Have ban her at the First Place.

Remember a Bot is a BOT lol

#75 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:54 AM

Its Pretty Funny when Fiolina served iRO for long time as a BOT BUFF for everyone.

Should Have ban her at the First Place.

Remember a Bot is a BOT lol

Please do tell me your RO gaming story without using Ragial :rice:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users