Does the game still worth playing? - Introductions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Does the game still worth playing?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DonyBoy

DonyBoy

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draco

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:30 PM

Hello guys, im a old player that use to play alot years ago with my irl friend but stopped for a while.

Now I really want to play back a mmorpg and I was wondering if it was a good idea to come back on rose.

I would go on Draconis. Does it worth it? Is there still dupers or hackers? hows the economy is? Is there enough people actif everywhere? 

Also, I remember that I leveled really fast with xp/buff pills that I was getting from free redemption codes or something, If anyone know a similar technique that I could do atm to get some stuff to lvl faster let me know :o

Appreciate verymuch all the time took to read and answer ^^

Have a good day.

Dark Passenger

#2 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:01 AM

well the community  which is active is small atm cuz of people study/work and the holidays. but in junon you can find shops/clerics and more to ask help.

lvling got slower but buffs from a cleric does help, also you can do quests.

dupers got less and hackers is sometimes happening but less chance to happen if you keep your account info to yourself.

#3 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:00 AM

It pretty worth. Dupers and hackers is already gonne forever. You may have no problem wit this anymore.

Leveing got a bit hard since some last updates. If you go for Draconis, you will find less players, anyway there's a lot of people who can help you.

I personally play only at Leonis atm, so you choose to play on Leonis, feel free to call me for help.

#4 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

I've only been here since May-June but I'm a long time Rose player and to me it's fun and relaxing. I've met a lot of really nice people here and every day I learn something new or see something I've never seen before. I always run into players on every map when I'm doing quests etc. Junon has lots of shops and people hanging out, talking trash ... sometimes dancing on their mounts :P

If you played pre-evo, be prepared for a lot of changes. Approach it all with an open mind and you'll be fine.This not the same Rose i grew up with, but it's exciting that there are new ways to gem and equip your characters and I an really enjoying figuring how all of it applies to me.

The very best way to figure out if Rose is for you is to log in and play. I'm also on Draconis so feel free to whisper to me on HoneyBuns or Sulky and if I can, I'll be happy to help you out with buffs.

Hope to see you in-game soon!

#5 DonyBoy

DonyBoy

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:29 PM

Ok thanks you very much everyone ^^

Last question :o

I made 3 char on rose in past, soldier, mage and raider. I always wanted to make an artisan but never did. Would it be a good choice :o? I mostly want to enjoy the pvm and parties etc. And I remember I did not like the pvp gameplay very much... So I was thinking about making an artisan and craft stuff :o

#6 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:16 PM

There'll soon be some changes on Artisan class which is around Feb or March I think.

Currently they're not favorable in PvP as well as PvM.

Crafting now is not better as well, not many people craft, vend low level equipments,

The normal scene is several SEN crafter make level 0 items with max stats (prefered by the community)

& set their shop in City of Junon Polis. Rather than this, there's not much crafting activities around.

As after recent patch, sen crafter (in addition to con crafter) perform really badly at crafting high level equipments, as their success rate was decreased a lot.

For example originally you have crafting the lv200 backpack with 100% success rate with around 500-600 con (average for a sen crafter) but now it's down to

33-35%, fail a lot.

Making an artisan is not a bad choice but's not really favorable at the moment. Still you can make money from selling items with max stats now.

I'm one of those who like this class. ^^

>Brace yourself, wait for better comments.

#7 DonyBoy

DonyBoy

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:20 PM

Ok thx

Does anyone have a nice site that show all crafting items possible, materials required and where you can find them? 

Cuz I have no idea of what your limited to in crafting :(

I think ill make both artisan and bourgeois o.O It's gonna be slow play but maybe awesome

Edited by DonyBoy, 16 December 2014 - 10:53 PM.

#8 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:10 PM

I know there are changes coming for the artisan class but there is no firm timetable on that so I see no reason why someone shouldn't make an artisan if they want to. thetrangdamvn is right about many shops now being filled with low level items that are being sold for the stats but that's actually a good thing for a new dealer.  Everyone can get lucky and craft something with good stats so they can make some easy money that way. You should save this to your favorites  http://rose.irowiki.org/wiki/Stats

That's the list of every possible stat from appraising or crafting. Obviously people who are looking for stats will only want the best but there are also many players who might settle for a not- perfect stat if the price is right. The wiki is a good place to check for information in general.

As for drops, it's a bit different now than it was in the past. Now drops are tiered, and the classification of the monster determines the drop possibilities. The closer you are in level to the mob, the better your chances but I can still get drops in Adv Plains with my lvl 230 raider. Here is a better explanation of the new system  http://forums.warppo...-help-requests/  Be sure to read the whole thread so you can see what other people asked and what the answers were. Best advice is to pick up every drop- stuff that isn't used for crafting can always be sold to the npc and zulie drops are back so that's like pennies on the ground.

The other thing I'd suggest is to make a cleric to level along with your fighters. It can be a hassle at times but having your own cleric is worth the effort imo. You'll find plenty of people willing to help you out with buffs (myself included) but it's also nice when you have your own buffs for those times when there is no one available to help out. Charm is what's needed now for strong buffs, yes I said charm lol. Int is secondary to charm now for a full support cleric.

We can talk more in-game so be sure to whisper to me :)

#9 DonyBoy

DonyBoy

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:00 AM

Your absolutly right honey about making a cleric. This is exactly what I will do. Rush a cleric as main to lvl easier and more fun with all my others characts. I also like clerics :o. I will start tomorrow, get lvl 10 and then I will contact and add everyone that left their IGN =)

TYVM again for all those information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users