• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Strill

Strill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:33 AM

I really don't get why I was able to run Aion with no trouble at all, yet in Dragonica the game gets choppy (1/2 second screen freezes) whenever anyone uses an AoE skill on more than 5 enemies at once. This is with fullscreen, all background programs off, most recent video card drivers, and lowest in-game graphics settings. I notice the game only uses one CPU core for some reason.

I'm using
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+
4GB RAM
XP Home 32-bit
GeForce 8600GT

I honestly wouldn't care, but the game lowers your character's attack speed if your FPS goes down which is idiotic in and of itself.

Edited by Strill, 15 November 2010 - 08:37 AM.

#2 Jinsukiji

Jinsukiji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:50 PM

I really don't get why I was able to run Aion with no trouble at all, yet in Dragonica the game gets choppy (1/2 second screen freezes) whenever anyone uses an AoE skill on more than 5 enemies at once. This is with fullscreen, all background programs off, most recent video card drivers, and lowest in-game graphics settings. I notice the game only uses one CPU core for some reason.

I'm using
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+
4GB RAM
XP Home 32-bit
GeForce 8600GT

I honestly wouldn't care, but the game lowers your character's attack speed if your FPS goes down which is idiotic in and of itself.

It depends on your graphics cards I think, my friend using a GTX 400 series card is playing it fine and a 9800 GT is too. I'm playing on a Nvidia GTX 260 and I seem to get the lminiature lags when there is too much AoE. The trick is to modify some settings in your Nvidia Control Panel.
*Try changing your PhysX Processor to your GPU.
*Manage 3D Settings -> Dragonica.exe -> Power Management Mode: Set to Maximum Performance.
*Modify anything else to optimize performance in the 3D settings.

All I did was force 16xAA (necessary, HA NO.), change a few quality settings to highest, and tune it to maximum performance + change the PhysX processor which has reduced the lag a bit. I still get a TINY bit of lag which I'm trying to change by removing the frame rate cap but I'll be sure to update if it helps. Also, try updating your graphic cards drivers if they're not up-to-date, highly doubtful it'll help but you never know.

Edit: Oh yeah, forcing 16xAA and increasing quality settings will not help your Dragonica, ehehe.. I don't know why I mentioned I did that when it wouldn't help your FPS. >_> Eh, who knows. The main thing is the processor/power management/FPS cap.

Edited by Jinsukiji, 16 November 2010 - 10:53 PM.

#3 Coldbrand

Coldbrand

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:59 PM

What the Hell? How am I getting a framerate of around 28 when I have a Nvidia 480 and a 6 core processor and 4 gigs of DDR3 Ram? I set all the stuff to be beefy like the above post recommended in the nvidia settings. Just how poorly optimized is this game when I get a much better framerate in CRYSIS than Dragon Saga?

#4 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:56 AM

What the Hell? How am I getting a framerate of around 28 when I have a Nvidia 480 and a 6 core processor and 4 gigs of DDR3 Ram? I set all the stuff to be beefy like the above post recommended in the nvidia settings. Just how poorly optimized is this game when I get a much better framerate in CRYSIS than Dragon Saga?

You're not the only one. Crysis makes use of the gpu while lthis game doesn't.

#5 Kimimaro

Kimimaro

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:24 AM

I'm using GTX 460's (OC'd) SLI and still lag at some point which is quite ridiculous since it murder games like BFBC2 and MafiaII (NO FRAME DIPS WHATSOEVER). Whoever did the scripting for this game should get fired, it's just horrible and a huge slap in the face for all the enthusiasts.

#6 Coldbrand

Coldbrand

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:22 AM

Is this game only utilizing one of my six cores or something then? And what the Hell is their excuse? FFXI can argue that it's always been that way since it started off as a PS2 game. This is a modern, PC only game. Why on EARTH would you not use people's graphics cards? Can we get a mod reply?

Have they talked about any intentions to implement this "feature"? (Ugh.)

Edited by Coldbrand, 18 February 2011 - 10:27 AM.

#7 Coldbrand

Coldbrand

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

Bump before this falls off the main page. I'd really like an official answer.

#8 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

The moderators wouldn't know. WarpPortal does not develop the game, only publish it. We can ask or send the question over. We cannot guarantee a response.

#9 Coldbrand

Coldbrand

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:03 AM

The moderators wouldn't know. WarpPortal does not develop the game, only publish it. We can ask or send the question over. We cannot guarantee a response.

Please do then, there's a serious issue if the game doesn't utilize the part of a computer meant to handle graphics, for graphics. It might make sense for some net cafe in Korea, but that's obviously not the userbase here. Let me know where you'd post a potential response.

Also if you don't mind besides asking for integrating GPU support, ask what's up with multicore processor support. And maybe better control of the game's visual elements in general in the options menu.

Thanks.

Edited by Coldbrand, 21 February 2011 - 11:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users