12/23 Guile's Birthday Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

12/23 Guile's Birthday Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:59 AM

B5i_f7PCMAAR0Bo.jpg

Drops changes have been pushed to next week and will be expanded on.

• Angeling Loses its Apple Drop and gains a very good chance of dropping Ygg. berries
  • Aster Gains a meat drop
  • Coco gains increased chance to drop Hood [1] and Sandals [1]
  • Crab gains chance to drop meat and crystal blue
  • Elder Willow gains increased chance to drop Wooden Mail [1]
  • Horn gains a meat drop
  • Hydra gains monster's feed drop
  • Mandragora gains increased Spear[4] drop
  • Martin gains increase Jur[3] drop
  • Pecopeco gains a meat drop
  • Poporing's apple drop is moved away from card rates to something decent
  • Shellfish gains a meat drop
  • Snake's Katana [4] drop rate is increased
  • Spores will drop poison spores more often (was card rate)
  • Tarou gains meat drop and an apple drop
  • Vadon's Padded Armor [1] drop increased
  • Vocal's Guitar drop has been increased
  • Zombies gain a meat drop (ew) and a very low chance of dropping a main gauche.

We found two more unused event monsters in this week's drop update.

Double Monster Exp

There will be a powerful sorceror Matt "Roy" Shka outside of Geffen Tower who can temporarily open a portal to another dimension where it is said that the fabled dragon Nidhoggur makes it's nest. Adventurers level 80 and over can enter this tough instance. There is a 50k zeny reservation fee (paid by party leader) needed, and a 3 day cooldown. 

Event WoE's Start: No treasures can be gotten during this period. So have fun with it.

-For WoE 1 this week, the settings are no god items, no MVP cards and Renewal-style Emperiums (plant defense, reduced health)

-For WoE 2 this week, the settings are no god items, no MVP cards and no consumables. 

The NPCs for God Item creation will be turned off during this period. God item creation will return on January 7th. 

Guardians are having their damaged Halved for the event period to give it a try out time. Please post feedback.

#2 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:01 AM

Spoiler, yay!!!

And what is event woe?

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 19 December 2014 - 10:01 AM.

#3 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:07 AM

• Martin gains increase Jur[3] drop

how did you know what i wanted for christmas? who told you?! also liking the angeling change, i love beating that little punk up. not sure about apples, since they're really not that good, but meat drops! meat is good for new players, it's what can get you through wolves/etc.

#4 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:18 AM

challenge dungeon on 17!... liar :(

#5 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:22 AM

challenge dungeon on 17!... liar :(

To do the nidhoggurs instance we had to change the plans since we were using those monsters to do challenge dungeons. Since were finding unused event monsters we can use those for future challenge dungeons once we have enough.

#6 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:25 AM

Will there be an npc in town for nyd or what? Hopefully you are aware it's supposed to involve a long quest chain and addressed that..

#7 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

What on this server is what it was "supposed to be"?

Sounds like a waste of time

#8 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:54 AM

I don't understand the point of adding meat to a bunch of monsters and modifying the drop tables. Perhaps you can explain why?

This just makes the game so confusing because none of these changes are being kept track of as far as I know. None of the existing RO databases will be accurate and we don't have an official one. It's bad enough that the classic custom spawns are just things we are supposed to know, it's not documented in any place.

#9 Samias

Samias

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:22 PM

As far as I understand, meat is supposed to help new players with consumables as they hunt, as most MMOs have monsters that drop food for the purposes of recovery. It's one of the appealing features of hunting wolves... but wolves also give a ton more exp and have denser mobs than most maps so I don't think the extra dropped consumables are actually going to have much of an impact. It's not going to get players (or bots...) to stop hunting the two of the best exp-for-effort monsters in the game. Seriously, does anyone actually hunt asters or crabs when they have double to triple the HP of wolves but half the exp? Hell no! They don't even have good drops either!

Other than the change to main gauches, katana and jur drops these don't seem like anyone will notice or care.

#10 Skyelover

Skyelover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:28 PM

Irowiki should be updated, since the new gain and increase in drop rates in monster changed.

#11 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:29 PM

Losing track of some of the changes is a pretty big concern I have. Most of the current Classic stuff on irowikidb is all over the place. Besides that I'm glad you're going ahead with your plan to aid newer players, despite what some people were complaining about, making the early game more suitable for them is a great idea and I'm curious to see if you'll rebalance some monster stats/exp as well. It would be interesting to see a handful of places created to help out a variety of specs, splitting up melee/ranged/flee/vit/monster elements and giving them a roughly equal exp gain instead of spores -> wolves -> whatever. But again not having a proper DB or guidance for new players could make this go to waste.

Also will your event woes have any effect on 1.0 item creation or access to the dungeons to hunt for supplies?

Here is my list of things:

New World - and all that goes with it, Nyd
KVM - properly implemented with no bugs or exploits and a promise of no badges available from boxes
DG - fix the incarnations drop rate 0.02 is not cool
Bio3 - just give us the default spawns with wizards and all
BGs - do something to make Tierra worth playing
Gemstones - just put yellow/reds on NPCs please, you take an annoying semi-time consuming step out of getting them
MVP variance - i'd like to see some rebalancing of it slightly, having a 60 minute MVP with the same variance as a 12 hour seems really weird. It's annoying killing a bunch of short spawn MVPs and the long spawns are impossible to find because its the same group/person just killing it all week

As for your challenging challenge dungeon Undying, how many people do you want it aimed towards? Because that's the key here I think, pick a group size and propose something themed maybe they'll implement it for you.

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

Please make all GDs public access for the duration of the event WoEs. Allow guilds to hunt and the like. Also what of god creation? I assume that's going to be turned off since many guilds won't get full attendance the next few weeks and/or are put off by the concept of event WoEs? This isn't really ideal but we need to know.

To do the nidhoggurs instance we had to change the plans since we were using those monsters to do challenge dungeons. Since were finding unused event monsters we can use those for future challenge dungeons once we have enough.

This is a little upsetting, some of us were looking forward to the challenge dungeon as it would close the gap between those who were active when the last challenge dungeon was and now. Yggseeds are a big deal if they're not freely supplied on both sides.

But we knew it would be the case if nyd/new world came in. I just hope all those users who haven't even logged in for previous content they cried for are worth it.

Would it be possible to see a list of the identified unused monsters thus far so we can see the progress?

Edited by Campitor, 19 December 2014 - 01:27 PM.

#13 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:21 PM

time do do away with having to explain this:

pM3z5Qm.png

#14 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:31 PM

You're not very Azzylike anymore, Xellie.

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:31 PM

Good.

#16 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

34 bots removed from Payon Field Wolf Map. 

#17 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:38 PM

Dunked

#18 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:39 PM

Let me ask again. It's a little less than ideal to have to go through every single posting of the patch notes to keep track of the changes this server has had. Would some sort of official documentation of all the changes be possible, perhaps on the main website itself? iROwiki's data is understandably quite outdated and there are more changes than any person can just remember off the top of their head. Classic has sufficiently deviated from pre-renewal RO such that the older DBs are not so useful.

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM

don't you have access to the wiki db?

#20 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

Let me ask again. It's a little less than ideal to have to go through every single posting of the patch notes to keep track of the changes this server has had. Would some sort of official documentation of all the changes be possible, perhaps on the main website itself? iROwiki's data is understandably quite outdated and there are more changes than any person can just remember off the top of their head. Classic has sufficiently deviated from pre-renewal RO such that the older DBs are not so useful.

don't you have access to the wiki db?

Oda has been willing in the past help provide the data needed to build a DB. If you need this information please contact him and he should be willing to help.

#21 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

What is this event woe and where can we find information about it. Sounds fun.

@themes, my ideal dung wouldn't work on this server until population is drastically higher. Although "guild" oriented things is a great idea.

My concern is challenge dung will be easy to solo on any character with minimal gears needed. I would want one that requires minimum if 3 players (not characters) but still rewards for large parties as well. The entire idea of a challenge dung, IMHO, would promote later game parties and be a challenge to "new" and vet players. I can point out many vets who are responsible for supplying most of the end game gears in game and their problem is nothing is challenging. Same mobs/MVPs that they camped for years and years.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 19 December 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#22 Samias

Samias

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

34 bots removed from Payon Field Wolf Map. 

These are the kinds of nice head's up I like to see. I do hope that the you and the db team can come together to put together an accurate database. Ever since I returned it's a bit of a toss up of whether or not I'm going to the right map to hunt anything as the maps are seemingly split between Classic pre-Amatsu like spawns and what we had pre-Renewal.

(side note if you could clean up the literal bot parties in Louyang too that would be much appreciated... there are literal guilds leveling there.... kind of annoying watching assassin and alchemist bots steal enemies right off my firewalls)

Edited by Samias, 19 December 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#23 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:28 PM

These are the kinds of nice head's up I like to see. I do hope that the you and the db team can come together to put together an accurate database. Ever since I returned it's a bit of a toss up of whether or not I'm going to the right map to hunt anything as the maps are seemingly split between Classic pre-Amatsu like spawns and what we had pre-Renewal.

Agreed. It took me forever to find scorpions a while back, lol. Welcome back to RO Xyra.  <3 

#24 Samias

Samias

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:07 PM

Agreed. It took me forever to find scorpions a while back, lol. Welcome back to RO Xyra.  <3 

It's good to be back! I'm playing with Finrod too so we're remaking all of our old characters just like they used to be.

#25 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:43 PM

Disagree on monster drop changes.

But if you insist then please change in Wiki database too. Or we can't rely on any source anymore.

Edited by Kebtung, 19 December 2014 - 07:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users