2015 New Renewal War of Emperium Times - Page 4 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

2015 New Renewal War of Emperium Times

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
173 replies to this topic

#76 queenmastersmith

queenmastersmith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:32 PM

Well overall that works out great for Australian players!

But having said that, it seems the general agreement from American players is that it needs to be later. This would also suit Australian players, as it could be 6 hours later and still suit us!
So it looks like no matter what happens you have at least made Australian players happy.

SE is in the middle of a working day x_X

Not that SE is any good atm XD

#77 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:48 AM

Could we get an official response as to what the times are going to be? As much as I am hoping for them to stay the same (as many others) it'd be nice to know if there is going to be a change or if it will remain the same(please!)

#78 lumnia223

lumnia223

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

Why are the days for WoE being changed from weekends (when most people have off) to weekdays (when most people are at work or school)? If anything this is a step in the opposite direction of attempts to raise the WoE attendance. Why not just change the times? Especially for WoE 2 which is the most popular WoE of the week, on a Saturday, to now a weekday Tuesday?.... It doesn't make sense.

#79 Zane41

Zane41

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

Personally WoE Times for TE is horrible and not good. For India its again in the early Moring to 4 am and europe kinda midnight and others at working time.

Please keep it to sunday and maby shift it juist +1 hour!!

I think that would serve best for most pepole and not having to WoE on horrible times.

Thanks... or at least let the community Vote on a better time :(

I don see the use of making new Times for WoE TE when those participating cant even have a say in it !?

I agree

WoE TE time is terrible, Its better if everyone has a good chance to attend 

and the best time would be +1hr from the original WoE TE time

#80 6661140101052632250

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:32 PM

WoE TE timing is -_-ted up, what were u thinking before changing time.

Asian players will NEVER be able to WOE TE, until unless they dont sleep entire night.

So bad decision, i wasted my 3 months gearing my char for WoE TE now it is -_-ted.

#81 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:25 AM

Hmm nice to see a once decent WoE te time being change. Why not just move it a hour like people wanted?

#82 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:13 PM

please listen to the people who actually WoE! The TE day/time is terrible. As I said before, an overwhelming majority of us like TE on Sunday, just move it a bit later please or not at all.

#83 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:18 AM

-snip-

I would kindly ask of you to seize posting that picture around forums, it is not respectful and not productive.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 10 January 2015 - 11:17 PM.
Removing picture, warning.

#84 2637140131190422163

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGonruyn

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:43 PM

I'm a little sad because on those new times, i can only join

the saturdays WoE, and I wouldnt be able to play WoE TE anymore

because at that time im still working :(

Dear GMs, please reconsider the times for WoE, because WoE is the most important event in the whole game,

thats why we create, lvl and equip our beloved characters <3

#85 Thalxis

Thalxis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Location米国
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:56 AM

If anything regarding the TE choice, I'd think shifting it to a later time on Friday might work better for a lot of people.  As it stands the proposed new time is early for a lot of people in Asia and during work for a number of people on the west coast of the Americas.

Friday seems better than Sunday also, as it's over the weekend for everyone.  With Sunday times, it cuts into Monday morning for a lot of Asia and Australia.

#86 Schitter

Schitter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1071 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:41 AM

If you moove it lateron on Friday that will the point where i would be quitting WoE TE and where it wont make any sence in organizing it.

Hence i would be having too many core members wich couldnt join this Event and wich wouldnt be making sence to host.

Meaning you will end up with a WoE where 3 guilds are allied up and 2 other fighting nonallied wich would kill off WoE TE as it is now.

#87 Trance3D2Y

Trance3D2Y

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:55 AM

The case for people GMT+8 and up, TE starts at midnight (or later), and it's already MONDAY.

I'm GMT+8 btw, so WoE TE is really a pain cause it's already Monday and that's the start of school and work. This is the sacrifice GMT+8 and up pay just to be able to attend WoE TE. Well, if there's little people from GMT+8 and up then it's not a problem, but I think that's not the case, right? Esp. if you're from Japan-Australia time line, then I can imagine how much of a hassle is it to stay super late / wake super early just to attend TE.

Well, then again, I do understand that this is an international server and you can't please everybody. But what I'm asking, and maybe most people here, is to have a sound reasoning on the changes of sched, not a hocus-pocus decision.

#88 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

The difficulty in having a game with territories all over the world is definitely having times that will please everyone. It looked like the old valkyrie times weren't pleasing ANYONE so looking at alternatives...

WoE 1: Tuesday 5-7pm

WoE 2: Saturday 4-6pm

WoE TE: Friday 6-7pm?

I know these times will be brutal on Europeans, but better for people in the Pacific. Please comment, the times are not final. 

#89 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:36 PM

May i ask what the strong desire to change the time on Currently WoE 1/TE is?  Constantly changing the schedules for WoEs just ends up hurting the WoE scene. In my opinion, WoE should stay the way it is with the exception of TE(sunday 1-2 hours than what it is at). Most people end up changing their schedules to make it to woe and if it's going to keep changing there is low motivation to keep attending, at least from my perspective. Leveling up characters and investing in gear to end up not using it because of a time change seems a waste of time/money (WPE) for players.  In order to encourage people to woe, which is what i assume the purpose of the woe time change is, GMs (opinion!) should focus on making changes to WoE in terms of allies/guild sizes/ or the suggestions that were made in the Current state of woe thread, but they should leave the times where they are at. 

A WoE time change is basicaly a purge. It singles out those who cannot attend in exchange for a chance to increase the population. 

Edited by Braska, 12 January 2015 - 02:58 PM.

#90 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:03 PM

Of course the old Valk times aren't pleasing anyone. Every single Valk server guild who wanted those times post merge quit because the new times that were actually chosen didn't work for them.

To me, if TE were to stay on a Sunday (which I would actually prefer thinking about it) I would say it should be at 10-11am. 9-10 is pretty insignificant at offering new players to join in if that is what the GMs want. Though I am aware that it makes the times worse in the early mornings of Monday for some current players. Kind of goes both ways.

TE is pretty amazing at allowing guilds to start up compared to WoE1 and WoE2 (Cheap NPC potions for the poor start ups and plenty of WSS from getting castles). It is pretty sad there is almost no new guilds are joining in.

Edited by Toxn, 12 January 2015 - 04:29 PM.

#91 Sirolrex

Sirolrex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:17 PM

The difficulty in having a game with territories all over the world is definitely having times that will please everyone. It looked like the old valkyrie times weren't pleasing ANYONE so looking at alternatives...

I know these times will be brutal on Europeans, but better for people in the Pacific. Please comment, the times are not final. 

I preffered the idea of having 2.0 during the week and 1.0 on weekends.  The time slots are good though. 

#92 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:46 AM

please take into consideration GMT+8 people because iRO took over the load of mRO where the playerbase is in southeast asia at GMT+8

#93 RecaIIer

RecaIIer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1227 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:46 AM

WoE 1 & 2 is Perfect!

Im Suggesting WoE TE time would be 11pm Friday! ( Since No Work next day, so its ok)

[WoE-TE] Friday 11pm(American time) = 6am for European Players 
                                                              = 1pm for Asia (Saturday for them)

why? cause 6-7pm American Time would be 2am for euro players, Thats a Disaster for them

Edited by RecaIIer, 13 January 2015 - 04:52 AM.

#94 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:28 AM

you realize that the US has more than one time zone right? if it's 11 PM PST it'll be 2 AM on the east coast.

#95 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:35 AM

LOL, the WOE time currently has already brutal enough to Europe players. Maybe something like 10pm PST? That is like 7am, and I think it is a little better than 1-3am. =C

#96 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:36 AM

then it's still 1 am for US East coast. no time is going to make everyone happy; people live in too many damn time zones.

#97 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:58 AM

I know this might sound really heartless but the European players still have an official RO server they can play on. WoE times should focus on catering to players that do not have such readily available alternatives, such as NA (obviously), certain parts of Asia and all of Oceania.

#98 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:01 AM

http://www.timeandda...ck/meeting.html

#99 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:23 AM

Meh, I don't feel like doing woe til 11 pm, but it is doable, but the australian guy in my guild will have to go completely without sleep if he would want to continue staying up real late for woe's :(

#100 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:31 AM

I guess it'll be USA only woe from now, it's already late enough as it is, this makes it impossible for Europe/Australia.

Hopefully it works out and you don't lose MORE players than you'll gain from doing this. It's not that the state of woe can get any worse I guess.

Edited by meli, 13 January 2015 - 06:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users