2015 New Renewal War of Emperium Times - Page 5 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

2015 New Renewal War of Emperium Times

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
173 replies to this topic

#101 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Offline

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:20 AM

Any day is fine as long as you guys don't change to the time to something else. 7 PM server time is perfect for me.

#102 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:49 AM

Why not have woe1 or woe2 on sunday? or atleast push them to 8 or 9pm pst? I'd like to woe but by the time i get home from work its like 10pm est.

Edited by Easly, 13 January 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#103 gon404

gon404

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

I like the new sched for WoE as for WoE TE they should really remove the MVP's thats why its called WoE "TRAINING EDITION" not WoE RMT "that" MVP EDITION. The reason why RO is loosing players is because the new up coming player's cannot reach what the older players have already reached. The training edition should help new players to get ready for the WoE1/WoE2 and not get discouraged by TE and  I hope the GM's realize that... Oh wait its been too long..... Also adding classic server really is a ball drop to this iRO server dividing the low number that we already have in the game then now Classic server is dead. POTA EDI WOW!

Edited by gon404, 13 January 2015 - 11:20 AM.

#104 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

Curious as to what MVPs actually are a game changer or at the very least make a impact in TE. Only thing I can think of is FBH but all that really does considering how easy it is to get elemental resist and mdef is allow for a damage dealing HW to actually exist. GTB doesn't work, LK card doesn't work, most SS and TTs on the server can't be equipped by SInXes anyways, Tao mostly only makes Ninja's a usable class but they are still extremely fragile. With all the stun resist gear or 100 vit being a viable and easy to get option in renewal, Orc Hero doesn't matter much. Bee card doesn't make much of a difference considering you can get no variable cast in TE with no sacrifices at all, Kiels might make a class a little better when outside strings but any class that could benefit from it still has a ridiculous fixed cast time. Aside from a few exceptions (like Tao ninjas), MVP cards just make for a simple build, not a overpowered one. They certainly shouldn't turn anyone off from TE.

If anything, enchantable gears cause a much larger gap than any MVP card does in TE. Which mostly relates to how much a player is willing to spend money on, not how long they have played and farmed.

Edited by Toxn, 13 January 2015 - 12:17 PM.

#105 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:11 PM

Tao and FBH are the only really goofy ones. Tao is pretty bad though. I do wonder what capped out killing stroke damage looks like on a 99 ninja though.It was killing me on my soul linker with 15k hp and max reductions occasionally though.

EDIT: never had a chance to test in renewal though. Is it truly forced neutral? Or is it like all the other skills that can be endowed vs % reductions(DR makes you take more for example) but still gets reduced by GR.

Edited by Viri, 13 January 2015 - 01:13 PM.

#106 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:01 PM

Ok so we have tried a lot of different times to see how they worked. One thing we have not tried is moving woe times later. i mean it's worth a shot for a few months to try out no need to try and change days I think those are fine.

We would be able to get people from west coast involved in the equation. I'm pretty sure we have a huge population located there and would get a lot more people on.

As far as Europe their is no good time for you sorry Asia from what I saw in previous post would still be a good time.

Move woe wed. 6-8/7-9
Move sat to 6-8/7-9
Move woe te sun. 8-9/9-10

Edited by miliardo, 13 January 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#107 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

A lot of people seems to be in favor of WOE TE time being pushed 1 hour behind on a Sunday, and when they did that for the first WOE TE implemented there was still a decent amount of guilds that showed up to WOE. Is this something to be considered still? If there was more than one Asian/ Europe region guild competing in the WOE TE Scene we'd see more reasons for WOE TE to cater towards their time, but as it stands not many people are in favor of the Friday evening time. If it must be on Friday evening, at least push it later after 7pm because Rush hours for Californian region workers are a pain to deal with too. And it will be Saturday time for Asians as well.

#108 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:25 PM

The difficulty in having a game with territories all over the world is definitely having times that will please everyone. It looked like the old valkyrie times weren't pleasing ANYONE so looking at alternatives...

WoE 1: Tuesday 5-7pm

WoE 2: Saturday 4-6pm

WoE TE: Friday 6-7pm?

I know these times will be brutal on Europeans, but better for people in the Pacific. Please comment, the times are not final. 

I would love to have this schedule.

#109 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:39 PM

I preffered the idea of having 2.0 during the week and 1.0 on weekends.  The time slots are good though. 

I also prefer the idea of having the old valk times, ie. 1.0 on the weekends 2.0 during the week. Smaller guilds prefer 1.0 thats the way the valk server ran, when you changed guilds you disadvantaged them, many just stopped woeing.

#110 Narzziza

Narzziza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:15 AM

I know this might sound really heartless but the European players still have an official RO server they can play on. WoE times should focus on catering to players that do not have such readily available alternatives, such as NA (obviously), certain parts of Asia and all of Oceania.

Only if there was a way to transfer to that server. And I know Europeans playing iRO would never go there voluntary, as it is far worse than iRO or even when euRO closed.

Well, I don't want to interfer in your server. Do as you please, and I bet these planned time changes won't only hurt Europeans. Excited to see the WoE-Scene in 1 month after the new times...

I don't get it anyway, why not move only WoE TE? Let it stay on the same day and move it to 9-10 pm/10-11 pm/11-12 pm or whatever? I guess Oda doesn't want to ruin the family time breakfast on Sundays  :hmm:

E: Oh, and I think S h i t t ter is from Switzerland (Redemptions TE Leader)? Well, I think he will like the new WoE TE times (SARCASM!! HE WON'T LIKE IT)  :p_sleep:

Edited by Narzziza, 14 January 2015 - 02:18 AM.

#111 Jen1oak

Jen1oak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4736 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:21 AM

don't change the time and leave it as it was Oda.

Woe1 Sat 4-6

Woe2 Tues 4-6

Woe TE 3-4 or 4-5 or 5-6 (no later)

than having different time schedule. because others are actually making arrangements just to woe.

Or Just keep the original woe Sched.

Woe1 wed 4-6

Woe2 sat 4-6

Just make sure to change WOE TE to friday until 6pm latest.

Edited by Jen1oak, 14 January 2015 - 08:23 AM.

#112 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:59 AM

TE should really be changed to a later time. I get out of the office at 6pm Eastern time, however have about a 45-50min commute depending on traffic. That is pretty much the duration of the whole TE WoE. I'm sure this also effects West Coast players too that work regular hours.

Edited by Chrispy, 14 January 2015 - 09:01 AM.

#113 Aze27

Aze27

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:07 AM

The difficulty in having a game with territories all over the world is definitely having times that will please everyone. It looked like the old valkyrie times weren't pleasing ANYONE so looking at alternatives...

I know these times will be brutal on Europeans, but better for people in the Pacific. Please comment, the times are not final. 

:thumb:  :thumb: Good. Much Better.

#114 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

Best option in my opinion would be to keep the same days and move woe back by 2 hours. This would enable people that get out of work late a chance to woe without hindering the people who work regular hours. Having woe finish at midnight EST would be the best for

Having woe 4-6pm PST would probably be the stupidest decision. This effectively keeps out everyone that works regular 9-5 hours.

A 4-6PM schedule would mean that:

On the west coast it would start before people even got out of work

In the central states it would start right when they get out of work leaving no time for supplying and everyone would likely show up an hour into it due to their commute, if at all.

East coast states would have the best of this -_-ty situation due to the fact that it starts at 6PM, But a lot of people still wouldnt show up since people like to eat dinner between 6-7PM

Edited by Easly, 14 January 2015 - 12:50 PM.

#115 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

Why would you move TE times? Why can't you just let it stay on Sunday 10-11 AM PST. I think that works for everyone :/

Put WoE 1.0 on Friday, replacing the new suggested TE times, and keep 2.0 as is.

#116 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:48 PM

It's not brutal, its just plain impossible for anyone who has a job to attend.

#117 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:53 PM

QQ, i was too hurry, used a alt account

carry yourself like an adult dude. since when was it ever a race? if you're gonna be a little 2 year old and post "first", how about you post something in relation to the thread? i can only imagine you sitting there WAITING for that thread to even be released, JUST so you can be the first one to say "first". you're ridiculous.

people like you make the world more retarded :\

#118 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:01 PM

I know this might sound really heartless but the European players still have an official RO server they can play on. WoE times should focus on catering to players that do not have such readily available alternatives, such as NA (obviously), certain parts of Asia and all of Oceania.

I know this might sound really heartless but I do not have account in euRO, in stead I have a almost 3 years old account in iRO. =D

Basically there can't be a time that suits everyone. Maybe current time it the best....? If make it earlier for 1-2 hours that would sound great. Because basically 2-4am is =D

Edited by Althes, 14 January 2015 - 01:11 PM.

#119 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

I know this might sound really heartless but I do not have account in euRO, in stead I have a almost 3 years old account in iRO. =D

Basically there can't be a time that suits everyone. Maybe current time it the best....? If make it earlier for 1-2 hours that would sound great. Because basically 2-4am is =D

Making it 2 hours earlier would mean woe starts while a majority of the U.S is in work/school

#120 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

this please and just 1 question, why not move woe 1 to sunday? or make it 6-8, at 5-7 are  stillworking hours for some people..

#121 Acowlyte

Acowlyte

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Server:Forum Player

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

>not making WoE 24/7 so guilds would need to have a lot more members, do serious schedules plans and more complex attack/defense strategies

j/k (but would be epic if done properly)

Please ignore this post.

Edited by Acowlyte, 14 January 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#122 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:50 PM

TE should really be changed to a later time. I get out of the office at 6pm Eastern time, however have about a 45-50min commute depending on traffic. That is pretty much the duration of the whole TE WoE. I'm sure this also effects West Coast players too that work regular hours.

6-7pm server time would be 9-10pm your time

#123 elfiepie

elfiepie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

That woe times you gave is really brutal for europeans and I hate it Oda. :pif:

#124 Jen1oak

Jen1oak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4736 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:58 PM

6-7pm server time would be 9-10pm your time

please leave it at 3-4pm.. or anything until 6pm latest..

#125 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

Or leave it sunday but just 2 hours later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users