Too Mutch Disapointed :\ - Page 4 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Too Mutch Disapointed :\

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#76 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:01 AM

If that's a common rule, then they need to start frickin following it, because if I stay in the dungeon it's because I wasn't the last one in there, if I join and I see 4 people already I always automatically leave and continue to try and join another.

So, tell me why am I the first one kicked when I'm not the last one to join?

Forgot to add exception to the rule that I mention.

"5th person joined has to have the courtesy to leave as long as the group does not have a cleric, unless the 5th person is "useful" and there exist a "useless" class in the group, for which the kicked target will be swapped."

But, let's not call it a rule, because it isn't technically a rule, it's more like a community developed ways of playing dungeons. It is just like in a swimming pool, you are supposed to go forward on the right side and backward on the left side, and if your swimming speed exceed the average of the swimmer, either too slow or too fast, you have to have the courtesy to move to the other lines. None of these are actually rules, but more like a community developed ways of doing things.

You paid for entrance fee for swimming pool, does not mean you can swim in the line too slow or too fast, if you want to do that, go to the shallow pool.
Same thing for dungeons, you paid for entrance energy, does not mean you can stay because your scout is useless (sorry lol), if you want to play scouts in dungeons, do it with a group of friends.

The kick function has to stay, because if there is none, people will go afk which is not good. See in PvP games like CD, DP, where there is no kick option, and when you see people go afk, how disturbing it is to you?

It's more like the same thing we've wished for long, all sort of game arena whether PvP or PvM, there has to be some sort of reserved slot for clerics, because ROSE online is still a game that you need a cleric to proceed. (unless artisan class can finally do the buffing job)

#77 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

That's because it's a common rule, whoever enter the dungeons as 5th while leaving the group with no chance of getting a cleric, it is some sort of curtesy to leave by yourself, that's the reason why you get kicked.

That's not a rule, nor is it courteous. That's expecting someone to take a loss for no purpose. I've ran plenty of dungeons without a cleric at all. 

This was the first screen shot of proof I found.

Expecting someone to leave without the group even attempting to run through is arrogant. That's the type of typical foolish behavior that the game could do without, as it represents the lack of effort players have been trained to have, they want to hold out their hand, and have someone else fill it for them. 

-Btw, that's a BC. Incase you couldn't tell, we had only a few class buffs, and our self healing ability's / red potions to keep us alive, we did just fine- 

Edited by Feuer, 05 January 2015 - 08:08 AM.

#78 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:35 AM

That's not a rule, nor is it courteous. That's expecting someone to take a loss for no purpose. I've ran plenty of dungeons without a cleric at all. 

This was the first screen shot of proof I found.

Expecting someone to leave without the group even attempting to run through is arrogant. That's the type of typical foolish behavior that the game could do without, as it represents the lack of effort players have been trained to have, they want to hold out their hand, and have someone else fill it for them. 

-Btw, that's a BC. Incase you couldn't tell, we had only a few class buffs, and our self healing ability's / red potions to keep us alive, we did just fine- 

Well, here is what you can do.

Print screen the group of people that you join dungeons every single time. And if you do get kicked, whisper and trash talk to one of the people that was in the group.

"Who the -_- kick me?!" :angry:
"Did you guys know I can solo the whole dungeons by myself unbuff while you guys can sit and leech from me?!" :dunno:

But ...

Spoiler

So, are you really going to bother to educate the whole world about your philosophy of the morality of dungeoning?

Spoiler

Be my guest, just follow the expectation of the norm. Don't be like those people who find a job in hair, nail, spa and see a notice "hire woman only" and then go bla bla bla on CNN. Or like a female soldier in US army want to go to the frontlines to pew pew pew. :p_swt:

#79 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:45 AM

Kick function shouldnt be for this foolish things but yes for most afk, harass or no team cooperate, trang got kicked cuz he had buff pots and they asked for buffs like how he would give them? Giving pots to everyone? Lol no they should have them instead of asking, for be honest them attitude was rude, players like that shouldnt be playing, is them fault for 1st they dont bring hp pots or buff pots, 2nd cuz them raiders (not ofdending those who was already long time before more ppl became raider). But about the kick function it should be use for that, CoU can be cleared without cleric, and wow they had maybe 2 dual raiders ..... Jeez, clean the mobs, is not that hard

#80 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

kicking for someone who is leeching and the group disagree or being afk oke.

but for having buff potions and the rest not or not being a cleric: no way!

#81 Nura

Nura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationIn my Gigi's heart

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

Does really nobody know anything about the invisible shielding trick created by stealth/cloaked/camouflaged characters?

Next time, if you see a invisible character walk towards the subboss while ignoring the group, catch them up from behind, keep a 15-20m distance, you will be basically un-harmed.

Here is the explanation, it's been like that for however long these invisible skills existed. the so called "stealth/cloaked/camouflaged" isn't exactly work as "mobs do not see them at all". They actually see them, but the mobs just do not attack them, their aggro has been pre-determined once the hawker walk pass and their aggro gets locked onto the hawker but they don't just won't attack. This is why, if you keep a distance behind an invisible hawker, you are basically walking through with an invisible shielding.

Hi Destiny,

Tried this method in COU today with my raider. Yes it works and good to know that it does. But the said distance was difficult to maintain to be honest but not impossible. Needs some communication and coordination though. I hope more people playing raider/scout class who likes to go stealth mode most of the time in dungeons will take note of this and be aware that they can actually contribute far more in a group than they think they are capable of. 

Nura

#82 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:14 PM

Destiny, I've never once been kicked from a Dungeon. Because I buff, and start killing things immediately on most cases. 

#83 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:22 PM

Hi Destiny,

Tried this method in COU today with my raider. Yes it works and good to know that it does. But the said distance was difficult to maintain to be honest but not impossible. Needs some communication and coordination though. I hope more people playing raider/scout class who likes to go stealth mode most of the time in dungeons will take note of this and be aware that they can actually contribute far more in a group than they think they are capable of. 

Nura

Hi Nura,

I honestly cannot wait for server merge to meet some new awesome people like you, so we can play in the same server and make good friends XD. :handshake:

Destiny

#84 Nura

Nura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:38 PM

Hi Nura,

I honestly cannot wait for server merge to meet some new awesome people like you, so we can play in the same server and make good friends XD. :handshake:

Destiny

Hi Destiny,

Thank you very much and that would be a pleasure indeed :) looking forward to meet you and to reconnect back with Leonis server again :)

Nura

#85 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:44 PM

Hi Destiny,

Nura

Sounds more like a bug that needs to be corrected before people start getting used to exploiting it, like you're hoping they will. 

#86 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:03 AM

Sounds more like a bug that needs to be corrected before people start getting used to exploiting it, like you're hoping they will.

How can it be exploiting if we don't know its a bug...

#87 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:15 AM

Pretty obvious that it's not intentional Angel.... 

#88 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:59 AM

Pretty obvious that it's not intentional Angel....

If its obvious why did the other clan rep came with it in the first place. Obvious you're the only one who thinks its obviously a bug.

#89 Nura

Nura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:24 AM

Well if you think its a bug, intentional or otherwise then something should be done about it as the description for the skills says nothing about shielding people who runs closely after the person who is in stealth mode in front. This is the very first time i have heard anything about it. If you think that i am hoping that people will actually start abusing this 'bug' that I have never even heard of before .... what can i say ??

I think I don't have to clarify my intentions more as anyone who has actually read what I have written will have the sensibility to comprehend. It is quite dissapointing though, that while we are all trying to discuss positively of ways to better things in dungeons, you have turned it into something so negative by saying that we are looking to abuse/exploit.... 

#90 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:41 AM

I wasn't talking to you Nura.

Angel, just because Destiny is a class rep, doesn't mean she has good intentions. I know of several class reps who abuse bugs and refuse to report them. One of the reasons why I left. 

#91 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:49 AM

Angel, just because Destiny is a class rep, doesn't mean she has good intentions. I know of several class reps who abuse bugs and refuse to report them. One of the reasons why I left. 

when you started about exploiting the bug you did quote her post and not mine and i was just defending the people who start to use the option of shielding since those people didn't know its a bug obviously.

Also i agree with Nura you turned a post about turning dungeons into more teamwork and such into abusing things, that was never the intention. Beside that i know Nura she will never abuse/exploit any bug so .

Edited by angeltje, 06 January 2015 - 03:51 AM.

#92 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:23 AM

I did not bring up that bug, as you stated Destiny did, so blame her for providing a topic OTHER then the OP. While I did quote Nura, I was having a conversation with you about the blatancy of it being a bug. The only reason I even quoted Nura, was to prove the fact that even class reps can spread the abuse of bugs, and support them being exploited; which is where Nura's comment comes into context as it visually demonstrates how spreading the method of usage of a bug, enables more people to use it. In the end, they become accustomed to it being there and develop a sense of dependence on it. The whole situation is a cluster and is exactly why ROSE has gone in such a weird and at times useless direction. Simply admitting it's a bug and having it fixed will provide incentive enough for Stealth classes to help clear a path for Support chars. You don't have to exploit the bug when both streets end at the same result, one of which has better coding mechanics and provides a better gaming environment. 

Edited by Feuer, 06 January 2015 - 04:24 AM.

#93 Nura

Nura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:40 AM

Likewise....

#94 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:57 AM

That wasn't entirely juvenile. nope... 

#95 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:14 AM

1st we dont rlly know if is rlly a bug or not soo stop complaining if we will exploit it or not; 2nd that "bug" or w/e u can call what u want is already here for years and u just say nw? Like i noticed toons of times but it doesnt seems a bug cause wen i pass by the raider stealthed with my cleric i got atacked and i die; 3rd everyone stop complaining here, i didnt made this post for almost trash talk to everyone or blaming others but yes talking most about raiders; 4th everyone chill the -_- out and take a beer :/ (jking but stop with this fights); 5th feuer, there's many things than many players abuse, some dont report cuz they thing is smthing than devs gived, like that ks bug, we atm dont know if that's rlly a bug but if is than we will report, but for me everytime i do DGs i mostly do with nura nowadays than others players

#96 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:20 AM

I wasn't aware of it until now Filip, and I'm sure many others aren't either. The facts are
1: The skill says nothing about cloaking others

2: It's never been replicated en masse before. 

3: I'm assuming a very small amount of players are aware it exists.

4: With the MANY times Cloak, Camo and Stealth have been discussed both publicly and privately with developers, that aspect was never mentioned.

It's not an assumption that this is a "bug", it's very obvious. And I don't cater my opinion to those who would rather keep a bug, then fix the bug and find a proper solution to the problem they're exploiting it for. 

And the fix doesn't require developer intervention, it requires people not being selfish and cloaking the entire DG until they're at a boss. It's also not intended for you to skip 50% of the dungeon to rush the kings and exit. The reason there are so many mobs is to increase the chance you get stopped, stuck, assaulted or aggro too many for attempting that method. 

Simply put, if people were team orientated and not so lazy, Dungeons would be a significantly more engaging and enjoyable feature. 

#97 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:13 AM

I personally feel that it is a bug too, and as such should be reported.

Edited by pdfisher, 06 January 2015 - 08:14 AM.

#98 NoobMeister

NoobMeister

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNear Storage
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

I'm in agreement that it's a bug, which should and will be reported to the right people. The stealth skill shouldn't cloak other because that's not what it is meant for, it is meant for the individual who has that particular skill. If they wanted other characters to cloak, they would have left Stealth Potions in the game.

#99 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:31 AM

Well than we are already reporting in this post xD now it just let a dev check the post

#100 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:55 AM

Actually, I'll be submitting a direct bug report over the issue. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users