Strik3down

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:13 PM

Hey Guys,

I am from Germany and I already played the german Version of Dragon Saga for a long time.

My time with this Game was so awesome, that I´m going to play it again on this Server.

Can you tell me rather here are enough (active) players to have a good time?

Lg

Strik3down

Ps: I am sorry for my bad English and if this thread already exists, close this one and give me the link to the other.

#2 Mizuro75

Mizuro75

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationGermany (Hamburg)
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:05 PM

I started playing here 1 week ago. Came from german servers too. The activity is way better than on german servers (at the time I quit [2013]) and it's actually a lot of fun even if you have to start all over again.

Well, in my opinion, since this server has a such a big catchment area the amount of active players could be even higher but if I noticed it right there came many new players even in the week I am playing on this server so I guess there will be even more players in the future.

I'd just advice you to start here. I had my doubts first too but now it just feels like "the good old times".

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by Mizuro75, 28 December 2014 - 04:22 PM.

#3 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:07 AM

I started playing here 1 week ago. Came from german servers too. The activity is way better than on german servers (at the time I quit [2013]) and it's actually a lot of fun even if you have to start all over again.

Well, in my opinion, since this server has a such a big catchment area the amount of active players could be even higher but if I noticed it right there came many new players even in the week I am playing on this server so I guess there will be even more players in the future.

I'd just advice you to start here. I had my doubts first too but now it just feels like "the good old times".

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Well said  :p_smile:

Not much to add except I agree on everything just said.

I'm a migrated player myself (from EU) and since I started playing "again" on here (April 2014) I have seen the player base increasing more and more. At time being there are so many people playing I honestly never expected to be. There are many new players arriving daily, I've noticed that too and it makes me very happy.   :p_smile:

Welcome to this server and to the growing community!

Edited by Fliederduft78, 29 December 2014 - 01:58 AM.

#4 TINIxD

TINIxD

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:55 AM

Yeah! 

Yesterday two German friends from me started to play here too :)

Edited by TINIxD, 29 December 2014 - 12:55 AM.

#5 Strik3down

Strik3down

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:12 PM

OK thanks :) than i think i will be active on this server in the future!

I have already played one hour i your right, it´s really the "good old times feeling" :)

If you want to play with me, espaccialy if you are german (but english is also ok) wispher me ingame or write a Message here in the Forum.

Ingame-Name Strik3down

#6 NessaFace

NessaFace

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:47 AM

I also started this game just a few days ago (fresh catch from other MMOs :P ), and I noticed after joining my current guild and observing the general town communities, that a lot of EU players have migrated. Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me if there was a significant event that caused this player migration? 

I have played many MMOs in my time, but this is the first game I've encountered where a lot of cross-server players start over elsewhere. 

#7 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:33 AM

Let's say that striking Steam is somehow an event. :P

But they were already many players before. :)

Edited by 5143121023173906760, 02 January 2016 - 09:33 AM.

#8 NessaFace

NessaFace

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:48 AM

Let's say that striking Steam is somehow an event. :P

But they were already many players before. :)

Ah, so recent addition to the Steam database. Got it.

#9 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:58 AM

Actually... it may be more because of the closing of all the other official servers in the world. Dragon Saga US is, as far as I know, the last official Dragon Saga server.

These several shutdowns probably were reasons for quite a few players to join Warpportal's server.

#10 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 02 January 2016 - 10:55 AM

Actually... it may be more because of the closing of all the other official servers in the world. Dragon Saga US is, as far as I know, the last official Dragon Saga server.

These several shutdowns probably were reasons for quite a few players to join Warpportal's server.

The steam launch definitely gave the server more players than before. 

"Quite a few" is a bit understated if you remember how many players were on this servers right after the EU/SEA closing. Sadly - due to the name difference between Dragonica and Dragon Saga - not everyone found their way to here.

Homurasan, reading the negativity in your last post gives me the feeling that you're a bit sad that the playerbase on here is growing instead of being happy about it.

The amount of players is quite good, thinking that we had to resize the channels to manage more players than before. If Channels 1 & 2's sizes would have been kept as they were before, their capacity would have been exceeded right now.

#11 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:47 AM

I didn't see negativity in homurasans comment O.o And what they said is the truth, there are so many international players on this server because they fell in love with his game on their own servers and started here. Of course the steam launch gave a lot of new people, but that wasn't the question "5143121023173906760" had.

#12 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:49 AM

I didn't see negativity in homurasans comment O.o 

Then we interpret "quite a few" differently. ;)

#13 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:59 AM

This actually made me giggle.

"Quite a few"........uhu. :p_laugh:

I personally would at least say "several" - including steam and no steam players. Since I started playing here again, over a year ago,  the playerbase grew nearly on a daily basis. Yes, steam start is a great thing to happen, but even in the time before new players arrived to this server constantly.

I can remember I once asked Shaz the exact same question "How is the playerbase on this server"

His answer, long ago in the past, was " We do have a good handful of players".

I can say in pure happiness that this point in time is long gone and we exceeded all expectations.

To be completely honest, I even don't know if the word "several" is enough to count the current server population... :p_smile:

#14 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:06 PM

"Quite a few" means like a significant number

"Quite few" means a small number

Grammatically it's like this, should remember it to avoid future confusion #6

#15 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:13 PM

This can happen when you're not a native english speaker. You will always learn "few" at something low first. If you aren't aware about the difference this can happen.

Then I have to agree, that Homurasan's comment is not that negative as I thought. Sorry for that.

#16 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:18 PM

Giggle, still not enough to describe it.

I had loved to say "masses", but we aren't at that point (yet!).

One day...

I would say somewhat between quite a few and masses. :p_smile:

Like I said not even my "several" is matching..

#17 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:19 PM

This can happen when you're not a native english speaker. You will always learn "few" at something low first. If you aren't aware about the difference this can happen.

Then I have to agree, that Homurasan's comment is not that negative as I thought. Sorry for that.

Ye I know you are from Europe, just thought I'd point it out, since you are the gm and this difference can be pretty important sometimes. I'm from Finland and I don't think I knew this just a year ago. I hate the grammar police too!

#18 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:23 PM

Ye I know you are from Europe, just thought I'd point it out, since you are the gm and this difference can be pretty important sometimes. I'm from Finland and I don't think I knew this just a year ago. I hate the grammar police too!

First of all I am not a GM ;)

But however, I saw even native English speakers making mistakes like that here on the forums in the past. Even when I wasn't a VMod nor a staff member. We are all only humans which can make mistakes. The thing is to admit that one has made a mistake. And that I am able to. :)

And that you pointed it out it's totally okay to me because I learned a bit more.

#19 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:50 PM

Gm, Vm, staff member, support staff, they are all the same to me! :P

#20 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

Gm, Vm, staff member, support staff, they are all the same to me! :P

But there actually are some differences ;) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users