Janeway Issues? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Janeway Issues?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Apolly

Apolly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk, now Chaos.

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:53 PM

Hey everyone, as you know the Jumping Janeway event has been going on for some time now, and I wanted to bring two issues I found with it to light. Perhaps these are intentional, and if so you can disregard this post.

First, I am sure most of the players are aware that when a Normal Class begins certain Janeway Quests, they are awarded Eden Gear for their level. For instance, when I ran my Hunter through Janeway, I was given Eden Gear for starting the quest "Janeway's Request 2." However, this Eden Gear does not seem to be awarded to Expanded Classes like Ninjas or Gunslingers. I ran two Ninjas and one Gunslinger through Janeway and had to complete the normal Eden Group gear quests to obtain Eden Gear.

Second, I encountered a problem when I was attempting to create a Super Novice through Janeway. Janeway would not allow a Novice class character to begin "Janeway's Request 2" because they had not selected a job. Perhaps this was intentional, however I would like some clarification if so.

Third, if you are reading this, congratulations! You made it through my wall of text unharmed. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Apolly, 28 December 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:22 AM

you need to change to SN before janeway will let you do her quests, so you'd need to get to 45 first on your novice. it's annoying but worth it imo, especially since janeway can get you anywhere from like 85 to 90+ job levels. on a non-vip account i've gotten a novice to 42 over a few days of on off grinding, either slaving it with a priest or dragging it around on my GX completing bounty board counts for it to turn in. it's not too rough. don't do mass turn ins for the novice until it's in the 30s at least or it'll lose exp due to overflow.

as for the gear for expanded classes i'm pretty sure that's a bug, you can ask them about it in the live stream threads (maui mondays or tiki tuesdays, i don't see one for 12/29 yet).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users