Rantings, Melee, and Holiday Cheer - Page 2 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Rantings, Melee, and Holiday Cheer

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#26 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:47 PM

The problem is always the -_- reinforce system that let casters get same hp and defense of melee classes! They should half all bonuses u get from reinforce...

#27 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:49 PM

well, 30 kills is very good for CON set just imagine how much you would get by picking people off with a SCAD set and not rushing into a group of mystics. Basically if you want more dmg then switch to SCAD set and enchants otherwise make a WL they have better crowd control and dps. Commy is more of a tank and 1v1 King

Edited by explicid17, 30 December 2014 - 07:39 PM.

#28 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:51 PM

They complain about melees, what about domis and druids lol T_T

#29 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:53 PM

They complain about melees, what about domis and druids lol T_T

druids are completely useless now... where u at son??

Edited by sonemere, 29 December 2014 - 11:53 PM.

#30 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:54 PM

I mean they are useless, that s the why we should complain about them.

#31 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:55 PM

druid is good if you know how to play it, just rush in, stun AoE and dash out. They may not have as much dmg as elem now but they are better for mobility and stuns. Yes, domi suck compared to commy they are lucky if they get 1 kill a match.

#32 Jono

Jono

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:28 AM

i think u need first learn play ur classe, try do a lvl 69 foc and spend some time there... then go to 90 foc if u think that is a nice classe.

#33 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:30 AM

And that my friend Ninny is why I called it ranting.  Because theyve never done and probably will never do anything about it...it just feels nice to vent sometimes.  But yes this crazy hp/def/dps combo is insane, and we survived through the Russian hacker craze.  There just should be no reason why, at close proximity, melee is more afraid of a caster than a caster is of  the melee.  And thank you for pointing out that trampling comment because that really is the case.  

I dont know a person I cant kill one on one (besides a maxed +30 zerk...((if reflect is on,)) and ofc some prots)...but it just takes SO long on some of the maxed +30 you spend too much time trying and when you've finally got him in the red some caster comes by and kills him with one pew.

Like  a sucker punch to the gonads :)

So I apologize to the people with lower gear we crush on past, but after 5 years or w/e it is now of beating our heads against the wall, your quick deaths come as a huge relaxer.  

It's like a girl saying yes to that first asked out date vs 534252345235 repeated rejections. 

But like Ninny said. My +30 full carus armor and rings are not nearly as scary as a defiler's, who can wipe out sections of a playing feild in under 3 seconds WHILE tanking my damage.

#34 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:40 AM

well, 30 kills is very good for CON set just imagine how much you would get by picking people off with a CAD set and not rushing into a group of mystics. Basically if you want more dmg then switch to CAD set and enchants otherwise make a WL they have better crowd control and dps. Commy is more of a tank and 1v1 King

True, but anyone brave enough to wear a cad set as a commie isnt going to last long enough to get off 3 attacks in todays req.  I know everyone has their own idea of what to use as their set and builds but when I get hit for 3k wearing what I have on you really don't have another option.  Also in tb as you all know theres very few instances of 1vs1, and if you do meet the person traveling solo its because they are op enough to (normally).  Also with how strong casters/zerks are now and sins slows/dps/stuns, I think we have dropped a lvl in the requiem food chain.  

Edited by BloodyHalo, 30 December 2014 - 12:43 AM.

#35 Skid

Skid

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Server:Warframe/Smite

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:25 AM

Like someone said before, these mallhoe stuff made classes irrelevant, commie,domi, ele....w/e.
At the moment there are 2 classes:
1. mallhoes ( +30 everything, you can heal+tank+dps/solo anything, and after qq for balance)
2. freebies ( aka meatshields - if any left)

PS: now before some smartass jumps in and says:
"you can buy all that crap with lant"
It's still mall stuff, regardless you didn't spent a dime on it, someone did!

#36 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:47 AM

druid is good if you know how to play it, just rush in, stun AoE and dash out. They may not have as much dmg as elem now but they are better for mobility and stuns. Yes, domi suck compared to commy they are lucky if they get 1 kill a match.

challenge accepted
I will get 30 kills with a domi

#37 War87

War87

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:29 PM

Cad set huh...
Knock knock...

I was speaking about a Commander... Level 87..

+14 to +11 Glorious set 4/8 < all enchanted with block %

+20 Reinf Bijou set  some parts 6/6 FoC 0.5% enchants some failed 1 step.
+15 Neck and Belt are Rare parts +15 (those that give higher cad than the other rare ones)

Titan RH Bludgeon (just for cad and pve...) + Titan RH Shield both +15

13K hp....

Someone said to camp the NM mobs, yes, that's the theory but in my case as in many others, I can't spend the whole day sitting here watching my watch and check 3 spots for ONE MOB to spawn and kill (if noone ks the -_- out of it ofc)

They -_- up Quick Attack... Guess what? No more CAD fun... I dont like Swords for Autoattacking... And I'm not gonna spend 10 skill points on new Quick attack to get -0.5 attack speed...  < This is a "GO skill spamming -_-er or GTFO" call on someone like me...

I'll try to get 79 set (in Nova server which is almost death and I think only 1 or 2 guilds can actually run ET)

Thanks to FloorMatt's job here comparing armors... and showing a bit of light at the end of ReQQ's tunnel..

His armor comparing image : http://farm8.staticf...b924d4a1e_k.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forgot to quote so I paste it here: "u can get more than 13k hp with just +0 glacial khrentium and jewels u know 0 MALL... a 65/75 foc armor set can be just as good as 85 set. compound vendor enchants put 3 in armors. wallah better s-crit."

That was a nice advice and thanks for the kind intention of helping someone out. Shame I gotta break some of those dreams...

-_-

But you're telling me this:

Frozen_Hook_Upper_30.png

Versus:

Sacred-pattern-upper-1.png

Twiguard-upper-30.png

Titan_Ruinhorn%27s_Fierce_Upper.png

And here's FoC 85 set... yeah... close to an 85... º_º

Foc-adsilyon-upper-1.png

I'm sorry but it is pointless...

Best I could get if luck would be a +10 79 set (no idea about enchants)

Build for AoEs and farming -_- like TD (daily) or NM map.
Soloing ST or ET needs self heals and $$$

Btw, tried FoC. Blinked and got two HUGE skills straight on my face for a 2 hit kill... So

Good luck farming around 17k FoC points just to "buy" FoC set (which doesnt have resistances...).

#38 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

meant SCAD, yeah after this event everyone is +30 85 or 89 from foc points GL free player, i would suggest stick to TB or sell carus hearts for wp

65 set is great for casters, there is a lv 70 elem in 90 FoC getting more kills than most lv 90s  

Edited by explicid17, 30 December 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#39 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:19 PM

P.S.

Of course, the issue has always been one and the same: the upgrade system, +30s and "mall w*****g".

However, the issue within the issue is that even if you go and compare two disgustingly "mall w****d" perfect +30 8/8 characters with the very best there is out there, one being a Caster and the other being a Melee, the Caster wins hands down in 99 out of 100 situations. They can even win on 1 vs 1 where, supposedly, melee classes are the strongest.

As for "crowd situations" there is simply no chance whatsoever, doesn't matter if you have 50k or make it 100k HPs and absolutely capped resistances. The insane churning sea of aoes will burn you to a crisp in a few seconds. I have not even played lately to know exactly to what ridiculously insane levels the Casters' dps have advanced, but what I do know very well, when I was around (no carus hearts, no bla bla bla, best there was 85 Tyrant sets, Nightmare jewelry, Trinity weapons and "classic" enchants) is that I could be easily hit for 2-2.5k per tick aoes from fire skills, while having  a ridiculously high fire resistance myself (way over the 80% max, because of, yeah, Tyrant armour pieces too ^^), just to "compensate" for all those debuffs (would still have max resis!).

So, yep, go figure.

#40 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:00 AM

As for "crowd situations" there is simply no chance whatsoever, doesn't matter if you have 50k or make it 100k HPs and absolutely capped resistances. The insane churning sea of aoes will burn you to a crisp in a few seconds. I have not even played lately to know exactly to what ridiculously insane levels the Casters' dps have advanced, but what I do know very well, when I was around (no carus hearts, no bla bla bla, best there was 85 Tyrant sets, Nightmare jewelry, Trinity weapons and "classic" enchants) is that I could be easily hit for 2-2.5k per tick aoes from fire skills, while having  a ridiculously high fire resistance myself (way over the 80% max, because of, yeah, Tyrant armour pieces too ^^), just to "compensate" for all those debuffs (would still have max resis!).

I've done some dumb experiments to roughly calculate that. My opinion of the hardest hitting defis/mystics/temps I can last about 3-4 seconds when there are around 4-5 of them tagging me at the same time with aoes (I don't count pew pews becuase they don't hurt all THAT bad unless the entire team is hitting you at once.  That is with absolute full resists along with extra just for kicks and giggles.  No it would not matter if I had more hp becuase by that time becuase this does not include any more ticks, but when I did hit 40k hp with an extra buff form some wl I think it was I lasted barely any longer.  

BUT  I dont' usually take it upon myself to charge into a cloud of +30 aoes becuase if a prot with maxed defences cant take it then I'm not going to pretend that I can.  

Also unfortuantely for us the hearts do not help nearly as much as they benefit casters.  Int of course adds a bit of SCAD but str is pretty pointless and the extra hp really does not help when you're getting hit for 2-3k each hit.  

Of course I'm not saying I should be able to tank an entire team of top people continuously without fail forever and ever.  But I should at least feel like a tank.  I've honestly seen some sins (and ofc casters) take as much damage as I do.  And if they have 25-30khp and near maxed defenses (including a heal), also being able to hit targets from far away + aoes...Why would any person play a melee besides just a love of the class?

The hit and run approach obviously works at times.  But it's not really "Commander" feel.  And if rage/safe zones are a factor, then just go take a seat somewhere cuz you won't be doing anything.

Edited by BloodyHalo, 31 December 2014 - 10:05 AM.

#41 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

Btw, tried FoC. Blinked and got two HUGE skills straight on my face for a 2 hit kill... So

Good luck farming around 17k FoC points just to "buy" FoC set (which doesnt have resistances...).

In your defense I would absolutely not try FOC unless you have several +30 items even if they aren't that good.  Full resists are not as important for free casters (since melee usually target you first and if you step into an aoe of another caster youre dead anyways) but if you don't have that hp I or somebody else will blow you into smithereens in literally .5 seconds.  I've seen lvl 90 prots go in and get wiped out in under 5 seconds.

And lets honestly just say that as a free player you have no chance, let's stop this illusion that in some 50 years you'll be as strong as a mall ho.  Please, it's just as unfair as the melee vs caster dilemma and only an idiot/troll would disagree, but if there were no players paying then I doubt there would be any game at all.  I haven't been one to buy ridiculous amounts of stuff in game, and now with everything maxed i have even less desire too, but I can see why being free would be absolutely no fun whatsoever unless you literally spend your life inside the game.

I don't have as much time since I work and have a wife who does not like me wasting time on my pc unless I am coding or doing business work, so my game time goes down and I don't have no problem admitting sometimes you gotta just spend that money!

Edited by BloodyHalo, 31 December 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#42 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Server:is unstable

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:55 AM

when u join foc with 10+ gear and u fight 30+ players u feel like youre lvl 1 player fighting those with max lvl

#43 War87

War87

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:59 AM

Lol... Thanks for the advice.

Guess I'll either farm lants from time to time, in order to buy FOC points in Nova (LMAO)

or Find that 79 set and make it +10 with some guildsmen's reinf tool (glad that -_- aint bound on acquire) 

Off: Anyone got 79 set parts but helm in Nova server? XD PM me xD lmao

#44 KraizerReziark

KraizerReziark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:The one that works

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:00 PM

Look at the armor sets, weapons and class skills. It's mostly the same thing, just a couple of variations. There's no diversity in these classes whatsoever. There's almost no benefit in choosing one over another. Just +30 and go farm/pvp. The new skill update wont solve anything. Gear stats need to accompany these changes or it's wasted effort.

#45 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:03 PM

Lol... Thanks for the advice.

Guess I'll either farm lants from time to time, in order to buy FOC points in Nova (LMAO)

Also you can ask any foc regulars if they don't mind helping you out with armor.  I know I give discount/free armor to guildieswho need it becuase I foc just for fun.  Rarely need the points.

This may sound like leeching but I know some of the people who have been playing for 5+ years don't really care about money so much anymore.

"Look at the armor sets, weapons and class skills. It's mostly the same thing, just a couple of variations. There's no diversity in these classes whatsoever. There's almost no benefit in choosing one over another. Just +30 and go farm/pvp. The new skill update wont solve anything. Gear stats need to accompany these changes or it's wasted effort."  - There is much benefit in NOT choosing some melee characters right now.

Edited by BloodyHalo, 31 December 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#46 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

better go mystic and spam instant cast aoe 5k damage every 2 sec, dont need anything more

#47 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:34 PM

There's nothing I like better than killing a mystic camping in his aoes.

Correction: Except a skinny lil elf trying to run away from me.

#48 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:53 AM

There's nothing I like better than killing a mystic camping in his aoes.

Correction: Except a skinny lil elf trying to run away from me.

There is no way im able to kill u, u have 40k hp max res crit me for 6k, disable my skills slow me dash to me and i have 10k hp 600 def i crit u for 1k and cant even stun you cause of adament mind

#49 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:09 AM

There is no way im able to kill u, u have 40k hp max res crit me for 6k, disable my skills slow me dash to me and i have 10k hp 600 def i crit u for 1k and cant even stun you cause of adament mind

exactly xD and he asks for more dmg lool he wants to be superman i think. Dash into group of casters and slaughter everyone um no

#50 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:58 AM

exactly xD and he asks for more dmg lool he wants to be superman i think. Dash into group of casters and slaughter everyone um no

Vanilla does not have +30 gear.  And no I don't want to "rush into a group of casters and slaughter everyone um no"

If he had +30 gear would I be able to do a 6k hit on him?  Absolutely not.  If you disagree, go ask some of the top defilers.  It takes work to get their hp down.  

If we are talking about who is more op then I never said I wasn't.  I'm saying The CLASS.  Let me say that again for those who missed it...somehow...

THE CLASS.

And once more, just in case.

THE damn CLASS.

If a caster can have as much hp, def, and MORE dmg than me with capped lvl and gear, then there is something wrong.  I don't give a flying fuz about addy mind becuase it does not desplace one single bit of damage.

No one with inferior gear is going to to beat someone with capped gear unless that person is just stoopid.

If you read where he said he had 600 def and 10khp...What do you think a zerk will hit him for with my HALF of my lvl of gear? 

THE CLASS  <--- I threw this one in there for free.

So to Ninja, if you think I hit hard I welcome you to stand in a defiler or mystics aoe rain.  By my calculations your 600 def is roughly 17.6% of the 3400 cap.  This is not perfect math ofc but itll give you a theoretical idea... If I get hit for near 3k from casters with MAX resists, then lets see...I'd be at 6k hit with even 50% resists...so if I had as lil resist as you had def...you do the math.  In short,  Id be getting lit the XX up.

To Explicid - You know better, don't compare non geared to geared.  Angelic can kill him in like 3 hits and he's lvl 70 o.O.  Also, where anywhere did I ask for more dmg?

Now hurry up all and lodge your complaints/agreements I only have a few hours of this new day to rant! ^^

Edited by BloodyHalo, 01 January 2015 - 02:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users