Rantings, Melee, and Holiday Cheer - Page 3 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Rantings, Melee, and Holiday Cheer

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#51 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:14 AM

yes but who wins 1v1 commy vs defiler, commy wins 1v1 vs every class that is what they are good at. Most commys rush into groups and think they are warlords that can hush and root everyone but that is not how you play commy..This whole thread is about increasing dmg of "the class" if it isn't then what is it about.

what commy needs is group hush or root, not more dmg

#52 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:19 AM

heres a crazy idea - make AA attacks that use swords and blunts have a small aoe effect in front of player. (knucks excluded).

#53 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:31 AM

Its about Rantings, melee, and Holiday Cheer.  

To my knowledge no commy talking in this thread is asking for more damage.  I'm quite ok with mine.  Plus that wouldn't fix anything and would imbalance raids and other nonsense.  What I would like is less def and hp buffs from other classes/armors/items  that make a casters hp as high as a tanks or more resist/survivability for true tanks.  I didn't become a commie for DPS, there's another Turan class for that.  Im pretty sure Ninny was talking about being able to survive also.  No true tank plays an MMORPG and goes "Damn my damage so low tho" it kinda comes with the territory....  Plus wtf is more damage good for if you're dead in 3 seconds o.o?  You still have to be face to face with what you are killing.  Beamslash is our only pew pew remember?  And it has a pretty long cd even with maxed DNA.

Commie cannot beat Zerk one on one (it's actually impossible Smiley and I tested).  Commie cannot beat Prot one on one.  Commie cannot beat a GOOD sin one on one (they will just perma stun or slow and kite).  Even if the theory that commies COULD beat any class one on one were absolutely true how many times in a battle are you fighting only one person?  We'd be great at...Dueling...awesome...

I'm guessing you havent watched many of the FOC matches with commys in them lately.  Try it, or borrow a friends commie and go...  Very few commies ever have decent scores, and we who do is because we are geared out the butthole AND we don't just run into a group and sit there.  You have to be op just to make it TO the caster.

We needs more hush or root?  I agree, that's why I said it in the beginning statement where I did not say anything about needing more damage.

@Exile since they nerfed QA AA just would not be a great idea.  Also we have skills that add pretty widespread aoe but its not very viable.  It is a nice thought but the main problem is not our offense.  But commies repping brass knucks would for sure be badass ^^

Edited by BloodyHalo, 01 January 2015 - 02:37 AM.

#54 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Server:is unstable

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:47 AM

just bring back s1 and see how pvp experience changes

#55 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:52 AM

just bring back s1 and see how pvp experience changes

S1 was fun, but I don't think the radis would like me healing more than they do...

I WILL say this, and don't hate me too much for it.

Warp Support has become 500% better than in s1.  I remember a ticket not even being acknowledged for an entire month.  And even though everybody's experience with that may differ...

Good job fixing that mess Gravity, I really do appreciate it.

But Vanilla, Maybe S3 "Requiem: Apocalypse of the Fallen"  will yield better results :)

Edited by BloodyHalo, 01 January 2015 - 02:56 AM.

#56 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:55 AM

What I would like is less def and hp buffs from other classes/armors/items  that make a casters hp as high as a tanks or more resist/survivability for true tanks.  I didn't become a commie for DPS, there's another Turan class for that.  Im pretty sure Ninny was talking about being able to survive also.  No true tank plays an MMORPG and goes "Damn my damage so low tho" it kinda comes with the territory....  Plus wtf is more damage good for if you're dead in 3 seconds o.o?  You still have to be face to face with what you are killing.  

Commie cannot beat Zerk one on one (it's actually impossible Smiley and I tested).  Commie cannot beat Prot one on one.  Commie cannot beat a GOOD sin one on one (they will just perma stun or slow and kite).  Even if the theory that commies COULD beat any class one on one were absolutely true how many times in a battle are you fighting only one person?  We'd be great at...Dueling...awesome...

well you never actually said what you wanted until just now, how does sin permastun you with adamant mind? And no you are great at capping flags, roaming solo and picking off rads. You can't lose 40k hp in 3 secs unless you stand in every possible AoE and rush into 5+ casters. 

maybe change up your play style because ranting on forums gets nowhere with this type of development. Try waiting for a WL to hush everyone or defiler to Terms of Service everyone before rushing in.

#57 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:01 AM

well you never actually said what you wanted until just now, how does sin permastun you with adamant mind? And no you are great at capping flags, roaming solo and picking off rads. You can't lose 40k hp in 3 secs unless you stand in every possible AoE and rush into 5+ casters. 

maybe change up your play style because ranting on forums gets nowhere with this type of development. Try waiting for a WL to hush everyone or defiler to Terms of Service everyone before rushing in.

I said survivability, people can perceive that however they would like.  My play style speaks for itself.  

A few questions -

Do people vountarily walk into Terms of Service at every chance they get o.o?  Does a WL stun extend 50 feet to smart casters who stay distanced from the pack?

You do know that a sin's soccer kick poops on addy right?  

A class special made for capturing flags quickly?  Yay?

And now I also just have to ask what the hell kind of radi wonders around solo?  Are we talking about the same game here?

Finally, that's exactly what a rant is, not expecting anything to come of it.  People have lodged actual good suggestions and information, why should my opinion change anything the devs want to do.

You may want to learn the class on a post you're commenting on before commenting on it...becuase a lot of what you're saying doesn't make any sense from a commanders (Or solo healers?) perspective.  Especially that Sin comment...I actually choked on my tea at that one.

We rant on forums because this is Goddamn America.

Edited by BloodyHalo, 01 January 2015 - 03:11 AM.

#58 Jono

Jono

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:14 AM

i play with elementalist / druid classes, always i can win a duel versus others classes 1x1 but if i run infront alot players or get a gang i die in 3 second either... same a sin, theys will not scud anyone in group, theys will wait a nice chance to atack maybe commaders players need learn what better time to atack and run back to group.

#59 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:21 AM

i play with elementalist / druid classes, always i can win a duel versus others classes 1x1 but if i run infront alot players or get a gang i die in 3 second either... same a sin, theys will not scud anyone in group, theys will wait a nice chance to atack maybe commaders players need learn what better time to atack and run back to group.

Both ele and druid have ranged attacks.  Both are caster and they aren't meant to be tanks.  Well, maybe druid is tanky but not an ele.  Sins have stealth and attacks made special for one on one.  Commanders are not made to just single out people.  We are not supposed to lurk in the dark and stab someone and kill them.  That's kind of why they are called ASSASSINS and we are called commanders.  Lruking and striking is not really our thing.  

If you're playing an ele, you're supposed to die fast if you're trying to be a tank.  You can't say what another class should be doing based on what works for your own class.  That's like me telling you that you should be able to rack up a lot of points by tanking a moderate amount of damage, so go stand in someones aoe.  Especially if your class is meant for dps and mine is meant for taking dps...

However you are wrong about that sins not attacking people in a group thing, nowadays I see plenty of sins scudding someone in a group, because they know they have enough hp to get a kill or at least bother someone before they escape.

But, if you're an ele and make it a habit of getting in gangs when you have perfectly op ranged damage, I have to question your sanity more than your game skills.

Edited by BloodyHalo, 01 January 2015 - 03:27 AM.

#60 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:42 AM

Things that ruin pvp in requiem r 

Resistance items

Defence items and buffs

30+

#61 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:44 AM

you forgot +70% forge

#62 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:54 AM

you forgot +70% forge

should be no forge at all and no item mall stuff that helps reinforce

#63 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:40 AM

Its about Rantings, melee, and Holiday Cheer.  

To my knowledge no commy talking in this thread is asking for more damage.  I'm quite ok with mine.  Plus that wouldn't fix anything and would imbalance raids and other nonsense.  What I would like is less def and hp buffs from other classes/armors/items  that make a casters hp as high as a tanks or more resist/survivability for true tanks.  I didn't become a commie for DPS, there's another Turan class for that.  Im pretty sure Ninny was talking about being able to survive also.  No true tank plays an MMORPG and goes "Damn my damage so low tho" it kinda comes with the territory....  Plus wtf is more damage good for if you're dead in 3 seconds o.o?  You still have to be face to face with what you are killing.  Beamslash is our only pew pew remember?  And it has a pretty long cd even with maxed DNA.

I'm guessing you havent watched many of the FOC matches with commys in them lately.  Try it, or borrow a friends commie and go...  Very few commies ever have decent scores, and we who do is because we are geared out the butthole AND we don't just run into a group and sit there.  You have to be op just to make it TO the caster.

We needs more hush or root?  I agree, that's why I said it in the beginning statement where I did not say anything about needing more damage.

@Exile since they nerfed QA AA just would not be a great idea.  Also we have skills that add pretty widespread aoe but its not very viable.  It is a nice thought but the main problem is not our offense.  But commies repping brass knucks would for sure be badass ^^

For YEARS now I have been writing long essays, to the amusement or irritation of everyone, probably building the image of a complete lunatic.

Perhaps a select few actually understand or have a CLUE about classes, about roles, actually about what the BLOODY FECK gaming, real gaming, and REAL RPGs are about. Maybe a few "oldies" that have actually PLAYED games with RULES based on LOGIC, and not what is the "current fashion" or what "feels good and easy", so hey, fookitall, just make that one super easymode so every "brainless" player (well, I am sorry) can play, and by investing a bit, can also feel a "little god".

This isn't the privilege  of Requiem alone, but is widespread to virtually most MMOs out there, most of them having "balance issues", forever they do. Well they do, because in order to please the "want it now easy" crowd they will just fookup everything by not following LOGICAL rules, that already exist for decades.

After that, it just becomes a pointless Odyssey trying either to explain or to reach a point of compromise or agreement.

No, absolutely not, FFS NO, no one playing a Commander, let me put it in nice bold and coloured letters for you again, A FREAKING TANK CLASS (!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and I don't care how much you object and say, "bollocks, they are a dps PvP class", stop that crap already, you ARE talking bollocks yourself.

Commander comes from DEFENDER (care to look the word in a dictionary?) and like it or not THIS is the role, the additional perk being that they are also quite capable in combat having decent dps and being able to function in combat situation by giving, and receiving, damage. You might want to stop a second and think again about the receiving part.

While The Protector class, is all about receiving, and little about giving, being the absolute, total, unparalleled masters in this role. They should be, this is the very definition. As long as we have real classes, and not something that The Elder Scrolls allow, meaning, mix this and that, make what you please, even very weird and funky combos, but HEY, even there some rules still exist.

No one in their right mind would expect or ask for a Commander to be able to annihilate groups of opponents in their own capacity, especially rushing head first into the fray. Who told you that? Perhaps they are not even 1 to 1 masters in combat, maybe they excel in some situations but not in all (probably The Assassin is best suited in this role).

What I have been saying for god damn long years, and will keep saying till this Forum ceases to exist is THIS. The survivability of The Commander should be HIGH, like... very high. Probably second only to the Protector. It should be nowhere near any, and I mean ANY dps Caster. A dps Caster should DIE, if the situation is such as they find themselves unprotected, uncovered, in the front line, and engaged in combat with melee, heavily arnoured and physically strong characters. End of story. I don't give a flying pink elephant if the said Caster is all +30 or whatnot. Being in combat with an equally (or almost) equipped melee character should guarantee their death in 99 out of 100 situations.

And this, my friends, is what is NOT happening. In Requiem we have the opposite. Because quite simply a freaking fooking rotten Caster should NEVER be allowed, to MATCH stats like physical strength (i.e. HPs) or defense values to a melee character like a Commander. I don't care about +30 or +100. The moment you have 35k Casters with "maxed" defense, the game is already over, because the game is simply not fair. Perhaps the game would be "even" if said casters had half or 1/3rd of those stats.

You don't like the idea eh? I know you don't. Too much time has passed with this happening, it is considered the "norm". Uber Casters should have like 10-15k HPs max, and 1k def absolutely max. You compensate for those with ultra super high wow damage, looks quite enough to me. Do your job as you should, play your ROLE, deal your damage when you can, and do not fooking expect to play god-mode standing in the middle of festivities without batting an eye lid.

And it doesn't matter to me if you spent your pretty Dollar to +30 your toon, because I spent twice that Dollar, I really did. And by doing so, I still can not feel I am at a remotely even level. So, something is really rotten there.

Everyone will cry and moan and call names and everything, seen that for years now, it means nothing. "Kids" are too attached to their powerful toys to give them up, and THINK logically. It really doesn't matter.

And it doesn't matter because whatever chance this game had, it is gone since years. Nothing will save it now, no "class changes" and complete horsepoop. Its very foundations are rotten, because there is hardly any LOGIC there.

So all is good and well. Here I will end my long "rant" and tiresome essay too, people will have their laugh and "facepalms", and we move on as we have been doing for years. Hooray!

#64 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:54 AM

90% of the Developer - Time going into producing new Cash Shop Items

or drops that are bound to the Blacksmith / Cash Shop System

sry. they are to busy earning Money.

#65 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:01 AM

No, absolutely not, FFS NO, no one playing a Commander, let me put it in nice bold and coloured letters for you again, A FREAKING TANK CLASS (!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and I don't care how much you object and say, "bollocks, they are a dps PvP class", stop that crap already, you ARE talking bollocks yourself.

Commander comes from DEFENDER (care to look the word in a dictionary?) and like it or not THIS is the role, the additional perk being that they are also quite capable in combat having decent dps and being able to function in combat situation by giving, and receiving, damage. You might want to stop a second and think again about the receiving part.

While The Protector class, is all about receiving, and little about giving, being the absolute, total, unparalleled masters in this role. They should be, this is the very definition. As long as we have real classes, and not something that The Elder Scrolls allow, meaning, mix this and that, make what you please, even very weird and funky combos, but HEY, even there some rules still exist.

A dps Caster should DIE

I like this last part especially lol.  There is a reason they are called GLASS cannons. I don't know where people keep getting the "we want to rush into everything and destroy everything",

Seriously, stop, nobody thinks that.  Nobody.

I rarely, RARELY rush into a group, and with my amount of hp and resists I still get rocked if I'm not extremely careful.  And when I do it's a suicide mission to take out or stun the rad.  I don't plan to be coming back.  

Can we stop this "Commies should learn how to play their class" thing?  We know how to play the "class" we have been given (some of us).  If you have any objections go look at the scores.  

It's not about how to play the class its about being a commander vs being a weaker, slower, more visible version of an assassin.  But I  should never have to watch a fellow commie (no matter how stupid he is) run foward and get 3 hitted by a caster, respawn, make it to that same caster only to hack away at it's high hp before being 3 shotted again.  At least give him a tiny bow so he can get off a few shots before he dies.

Lastly, about that money part,  absolutely true.  I'd show you all some of my outrageous receipts but I'd be a bit ashamed xD.  One time they gave me a readout for a refund and we'd found out that I'd spent over 11000 malls to fix ONE item.  It's a good thing I'm too dark to turn red.

But hey, at one time it felt worth it.  And whens you makes too much money sometimes it goes to req o.O

Edited by BloodyHalo, 01 January 2015 - 05:16 AM.

#66 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

You do know that a sin's soccer kick poops on addy right?  

A class special made for capturing flags quickly?  Yay?

And now I also just have to ask what the hell kind of radi wonders around solo?  Are we talking about the same game here?

you do know home thrust is 3 seconds and cannot permanent stun you right xD Yes people actually go for the flags in this game to WIN its not suppose to be only about kills except for in FOC. I never said rad walks around solo. Hush rad, stun rad, kill rad with addy mind easily

your QQing about one of the best classes in game, done trying to help -.-

#67 War87

War87

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:40 AM

you do know home thrust is 3 seconds and cannot permanent stun you right xD Yes people actually go for the flags in this game to WIN its not suppose to be only about kills except for in FOC. I never said rad walks around solo. Hush rad, stun rad, kill rad with addy mind easily

your QQing about one of the best classes in game, done trying to help -.-

Sin:   Kick > Thrust > No weapon dmg > Eternal slow > Back to steal.... 

> Scud (remember AM on CD? want a link to wikia description? u know just in case) > Cut ya into pieces > HThrust just in case = Commy dead..

Want it like that or should I ask a pro Sin to show you a video? ._.
Do you even play commander? And it seems you do not get the point...

And TBH I don't mind it you know? Sins are made for that, it's annoying, it's frustrating, bla bla bla, but that's their ONLY REAL STRONG POINT in game...

piss off SOMEONE, just ONE.... Their farming sucks, leveling sucks, before decent gear HP sucks... So yeah... leave em like that...

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

What we are talking about is the fact CASTERS get to upgrade SAME ADVANTAGES of MELEE fighters...

With the outstanding damage they do as all nukers are meant to, AND HEALS FOR -_-S SAKE -_-ING HEALS!!!

... C'mon are you playing dumb on purpose?

or just trolling around trying to go against a point that is evident and clearly there as obvious as the difference between

male and female xeona(?) oh wait... xD

C'mon, why would you need a radiant in ET with 3 or 4 well trained/geared Mystics (+30 ofc) ?

I see DonJose soloing Juggernut... aint that a PARTY boss? is not that -_-ing thing something so damn powerful

and nasty and evil and -_- enough as to call A TANK, HEALER, DPS, DEbuffers and so on?...

Protector in Magic Jewelry is almost the same, I've seen some soloing Jugger just cuz their self heals. Yes, they are meant to survive,

they are meant to digest massive amount of dmg,... BUT WHEN ON EARTH IS A TANK'S PURPOSE TO SOLO BOSSES WITHOUT

THE AID OF OTHERS?

+30 -_-ed up raids mate, -_-ed up PvP and -_-ed up pretty much all in this game...

Again simple foruma: 

Melee= High phys dmg/def + hp <  If you give this... the nukes of the other... -_- gets even worst...

Mage = High Magic  Dmg/Resistance + huge mana to nuke for evah... < BUT THESE -_-ERS GOT THE HP AND DEFENSE OF THE MELEE ONES

PLUS ALL THEIR OTHER ADVANTAGES1!!!!

Got it? Understood? Clear? Entediste?  o lo quieres con manzanitas? < u got it? or want an explanation with apples? ._.

#68 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:53 AM

lol all the commys mad now, welcome to reQQ

#69 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

1v1 commie will rape casters. The problem becomes when it's no longer 1v1. -_- even 1 mystic that already has his heal totem up will cause trouble for commie. But the real problem is in mass pvp. The commander is supposed to be able to rush in and cause havoc. Not just do 3 hits and plop.
now as for everyone saying 3k on cap from casters, which caster is doing 3k on cap, runs cap defense and massive hp? None. Because at the end for that massive damage you need to sacrifice something. Atm yes my defiler is running cap and cap stacked defense, but even when I'm done with all my enchants I'll be hitting max 2.3 on cap. And with a -_-ty 25k hp because I had to use scales instead of hearts. Now sure I made a dps set for when I'm not getting abused by sins or commies, but then my defense drops to 1.3k sure my cap dmg goes to 2.8 but first my hp doesn't move still 25k but now after srdd5 I get eaten. Mix between the sets I can do 2k defense 2.5k cap but still 25k hp. Because if I went con jewels and went for 30k or higher hp I'd have -_- damage.

#70 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

Commander is focuses on the offensive while protector focused on defensive.
They are already too good, especially in pvp.
The problem are the +30 items that let a caster get same defensive stats of a melee.
Until you fix that, melees will be always weaker.
I think this 2 classes shouldn't get any changes, they are already perfect and suit their role.
Some caster should be nerfed, especially mystic...but as I said, the main problem are the +30 items!

#71 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

+30 89 caster gear gives you 1.7k defense
+30 89 protector gear gives 4k defense

I don't seem to see the same defense. If anything what I see is that a caster needs to enchant defense while commie can go full hearts and still cap defense np

#72 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:31 AM

Commander is focuses on the offensive while protector focused on defensive.
They are already too good, especially in pvp.
The problem are the +30 items that let a caster get same defensive stats of a melee.
Until you fix that, melees will be always weaker.
I think this 2 classes shouldn't get any changes, they are already perfect and suit their role.

thats the point I'm trying to make haha and yes increase cap defense or change Rad and prot buff to single target, or increase CAD buffs ect many solutions to the defense problem.

Requiem pvp has changed since the introduction of 85 CON armors/jewels, and commanders/zerker/sin  have to change their play style to adapt and work as a team. Some people just dont get it..

#73 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:07 PM

thats the point I'm trying to make haha and yes increase cap defense or change Rad and prot buff to single target, or increase CAD buffs ect many solutions to the defense problem.

change defense buffs to not be stackable. Only 1 defense buff at a time. Also reduce their effect in pvp by 50% for the party.

#74 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

Requiem pvp has changed since the introduction of 85 CON armors/jewels, and commanders/zerker/sin  have to change their play style to adapt and work as a team. Some people just dont get it..

so "commanders/zerker/sin" has to work as a team when mystiics just run around and -_- aoes xD

#75 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

I think we all agree on nerfing mystic :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users