wont stop updating - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

wont stop updating

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MEGALION11

MEGALION11

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:26 PM

I start the patch for ragnarok 1 and it says its updating from 2011! and ive been playing for years but this is the first time this has happened how do I fix it cause its been going on for hours?

#2 HaroldKaren

HaroldKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

download the new installer and patch it again, it will start from october. 2014

or download the new installer and manually download all patch here : ftp://ropatch2.gravityus.com/patch/

start from "2014-10-01data_gm_desc_r" to present.

Edited by HaroldKaren, 29 December 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#3 MEGALION11

MEGALION11

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:50 PM

I'm not seeing options for a download on any of them

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:03 PM

Ugh. This happens when the client gets a response when it requests the list of patches, but the response is not valid (this will happen if you're, say, in starbucks, and haven't clicked through the wifi access page when you run the patcher. The patcher asks for list of patches, but it gets the starbucks wifi terms and conditions) - the patcher reacts to this by writing a 0 to patch.inf, indicating that the most recent patch applied was patch 0 (since there are 0 patches in the "list" it got. Then when it next successfully gets the list of patches, it will think that it has to apply every one of them, since it thinks it's on patch 0.

If you caught it when it first happened, and canceled immediately, it can be fixed easily. Open patch2.txt, and you'll see each line has a file with a date on it. Pick the last line that you *know* is dated to *before* the last successful patch. Go to http://choobs.org/stuff/patch.php (thanks Ren) and enter the number, and it'll give you a patch.inf. Delete the patch.inf in your RO folder and put this one in it's place, and it's fixed.

Since you let it apply some of those patches, however, you're screwed, because by now it has overwritten new, up-to-date stuff with old stuff. You need to let it either finish (so that old stuff is once again replaced with the up-to-date content), or reinstall RO.

Edited by DrAzzy, 29 December 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#5 HaroldKaren

HaroldKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:11 PM

just clicked the name it self in order to download the patch.

follow Dr.azzy's instruction 1st he got a lot of experience compared to me :D

if you can't fix it using DR.azzy's method, you may need to re install the client.

and for me, its better to download patches manually since its easy and you also don't need worry about missing patches :D
and also you can use them for future purpose (ex: installing iRO on other computer)

Edited by HaroldKaren, 29 December 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#6 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:34 PM

old installer always have problem (the after that LONG patch , multiple problem awaits in or out of the game I join in this game in 2013 only)

try to download new patch in warportal website its zero problem.....

Ive been try to fix my old patch from 2013 (I do alot of thread of help & fix it bit by bit then i decided to give-up fixing it and delete it.. when I download new patch in 2014 its move so smooth like a sweet green phlegm in your throat :heh: )

my only regret is my laziness in downloading client (oct 2014) put me to continue to fixing that 2013 client patch (it gives me alot of stress, never fix it in the end).

http://www.playragna...ntdownload.aspx (oct 2014)

Edited by Ward20th, 29 December 2014 - 03:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users