All Game and Websites down 1am-3am 11/16. - Page 2 - WarpPortal Technical - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

All Game and Websites down 1am-3am 11/16.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#26 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:27 AM

The game was up, but the Firewall needed a little kicking to let others in. Its open to everyone now.

And regarding the outcome of the ISP maintenance.

They checked our connection from the ISP out, and the hardware was fine, but the signal is still weaker than desired. This means the problem is further away from our servers, and first our IDC will be checking it, and our ISP will then also check it further outside the area.

We did get the out of game time thing cleared up, so that is something, and we also know where a potential problem isn't. We got fresh tubes and such put in for our connection, so who knows maybe just that is enough for a betterment.

#27 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:28 AM

wheres our guild?

#28 Akabane

Akabane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:32 AM

My guild is also gone :lol:

#29 Dagnabb1t

Dagnabb1t

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:18 AM

FIW - I am seeing a dramatic decrease in position lag since the servers came back up. Also the screens are loading much faster. Good Job guys!!! Keep up the good work.

#30 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:26 AM

The game was up, but the Firewall needed a little kicking to let others in. Its open to everyone now. We got fresh tubes and such put in for our connection, so who knows maybe just that is enough for a betterment.

When the hell do you guys sleep? :lol:

#31 Hell1990

Hell1990

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationYour Closet

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:56 AM

They dont :lol: all good players/ GMs/ Admins don't sleep

#32 Bash88

Bash88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:19 AM

yeah the game runs great...until you run into spam bots or xp bots. then slowdown occurs...and those guys are everywhere :lol: its painful...killin all my stuff!!! i wind up trying to kill steal if i see nothing but bots everywhere after a minute...just to have something to kill.

isnt there a way to account ban or ban an IP to get rid of them pests??? People should be leveling and grinding their own characters! not paying real money for it!!! whats not earned, is therefore LAME.

#33 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:44 PM

The game was up, but the Firewall needed a little kicking to let others in. Its open to everyone now.

And regarding the outcome of the ISP maintenance.

They checked our connection from the ISP out, and the hardware was fine, but the signal is still weaker than desired. This means the problem is further away from our servers, and first our IDC will be checking it, and our ISP will then also check it further outside the area.

We did get the out of game time thing cleared up, so that is something, and we also know where a potential problem isn't. We got fresh tubes and such put in for our connection, so who knows maybe just that is enough for a betterment.

Man how much do you pay these guys? Seems like their ISP service is pretty goofed up. Do most ISPs have this many problems and the general public just aren't lucky enough to have a GM team/client representative tell them everything that's happening? I find it fascinating. It's like a cell phone that you buy, and it all looks good, and it even works good for a month, then you just want to mash the damn thing into a paper shredder because it's so screwed up and costing so much money.

I'm just saying...you guys better be getting only Yes Sirs or Thank you Sirs every single time you talk to them because with downtime like they have it's amazing they're still up and chuggin.

Edited by Ultimate, 16 November 2010 - 05:45 PM.

#34 Jinsukiji

Jinsukiji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

As a part of our ongoing efforts to alleviate the connection problems and latency troubles that everyone has been experiencing to some degree; we will be having a complete maintenance Tuesday Morning November 16th from 1am - 3am.

During this maintenance all website, forums, and games will be inaccessible.

The reason this maintenance is occuring now, is we have been performing extensive testing and optimizations to our network. During the network optimization on November 15, it was discovered that there is a likely problem with our Fiber Optic connection from our ISP to us. Briefly Fiber Optic shoots light rather than electricity down the line, and the light is the data between the 2 connections. Normally the light is very bright (when you look at its "beacon"), however when the light is dim it could mean the line or the fasteners have a flaw or damage in them. It was noticed during the thorough checking over this afternoon that our connection light is suspiciously dimmer than optimal (not under the minimum necessary to function though). If the transmission is weaker than optimal it can cause packet loss, which for web traffic is fine, but for game traffic it causes latency.

To thoroughly check the line and connections it must be completely disconnected and run through a battery of tests that our ISP technicians will need to perform. This tests will take 1-2 hours to complete, and during those tests the lines and connections will be swapped with known good connections. If the problem is local to the Techs that should fix the problem. However it is possible the problem is further up the optical line, meaning further detective work will need to be performed by our ISP and us. This set of tests must be performed first before any sort of further action would be possible, and it also carries a moderate chance of fixing at least one of the problems right then; this is why we are opting for a morning time black out to facilitate this fixing to expedite the end of the problems.

I know that many of you are eagerly hoping for a expedited fix to the problems, we are working towards that goal as well. Thank you for support and understanding while these events are being sorted out.

This better fix the lag in PVP. :lol:

#35 darkmess

darkmess

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

is it over yet because i cant for some reason that it wont let me enter the game and the massage kept saying fail to connect to the server

#36 ChiKittie

ChiKittie

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

I know I cannot get on either...are they still patching??

#37 Dagnabb1t

Dagnabb1t

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:25 PM

Sadly I must retract my last post....the Position lag is as bad as ever today. I hope your ISP has a plan to fix the problems quickly!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users