Renewal January 7th Maintenance Thread - Page 9 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal January 7th Maintenance Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic

#201 SaintMichael

SaintMichael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:25 AM

If you think RO is in bad shape then you seriously need to go play a real pay to play game and maybe you'd understand that RO isn't to bad all things considered, ever heard of happy wars? Yeah I wouldn't mind more content, as well as re-mastering the visuals in HD, and to revamp the combat to an action skill based format opposed to a point and click MMO, but that is honestly just a bonus at this point.  Have you seen how much Gravity's share is worth? I also never said it was subscription quality lol, in fact I clearly said that it wasn't that great. Then again most MMO's weren't that great back then because the standard was low, or at least the majorities standards were low, your standards for an old school grind fest seem a bit high to me lol.

Customer? Whoa bro I haven't spent a cent on this game since I started playing Renewal, I'm a player who has played quite a few Korean MMO's and every single one of them that I have played has never been fully up-to-date with the official Korean server, even the new ones. Mind you the updates always came in about a 12 month period opposed to the 2-4 year periods that it normally takes for RO to receive one.

Edited by SaintMichael, 12 January 2015 - 10:34 AM.

#202 PyroPenguin

PyroPenguin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:52 AM

If you think RO is in bad shape then you seriously need to go play a real pay to play game and maybe you'd understand that RO isn't to bad all things considered, ever heard of happy wars? Yeah I wouldn't mind more content, as well as re-mastering the visuals in HD, and to revamp the combat to an action skill based format opposed to a point and click MMO, but that is honestly just a bonus at this point.  Have you seen how much Gravity's share is worth? I also never said it was subscription quality lol, in fact I clearly said that it wasn't that great. Then again most MMO's weren't that great back then because the standard was low, or at least the majorities standards were low, your standards for an old school grind fest seem a bit high to me lol.

Customer? Whoa bro I haven't spent a cent on this game since I started playing Renewal, I'm a player who has played quite a few Korean MMO's and every single one of them that I have played has never been fully up-to-date with the official Korean server, even the new ones. Mind you the updates always came in about a 12 month period opposed to the 2-4 year periods that it normally takes for RO to receive one.

first off i have played other mmo's( ultima online, everquest,wow, ddo, lotro, just to name a few)........i'm alot older than most on this forum so i have seen more than most, while i know you are going to say that it is like comparing apples to oranges, that is  5 mmo's that i have previously played, and hell ultima is pretty much the FIRST mmo......and you should also look up the word customer.......you do not have to purchase anything to be a customer when free service is offered, the fact that you accept the free service makes you a customer of this company

as for your comment about gravity's share, yes most of us have seen it, people always post gravity's financial reports on the forums......and you know what, the fact that their shares are worth next to nothing, is the fault of the dev team

#203 SaintMichael

SaintMichael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:27 PM

first off i have played other mmo's( ultima online, everquest,wow, ddo, lotro, just to name a few)........i'm alot older than most on this forum so i have seen more than most, while i know you are going to say that it is like comparing apples to oranges, that is  5 mmo's that i have previously played, and hell ultima is pretty much the FIRST mmo......and you should also look up the word customer.......you do not have to purchase anything to be a customer when free service is offered, the fact that you accept the free service makes you a customer of this company

as for your comment about gravity's share, yes most of us have seen it, people always post gravity's financial reports on the forums......and you know what, the fact that their shares are worth next to nothing, is the fault of the dev team

Any game that is a next generation MMO that doesn't have the whole grind fest module, isn't comparable to RO(apples and oranges). Since you've played Ultima you should understand that the standards really weren't that high back then, that really is a prime example. You need to go look up the word player, because this isn't a 711 for god sakes this a video game lol. What service am I using? This is a game made for entertainment not consumption.

Your missing the point when a company doesn't have funds it can't improve upon it's projects, in this case Gravity is doing the bare minimum just to stay alive. Expecting Gravity to provide as much content as a block buster MMO like WOW is like expecting constant rain in a desert because rain forests have constant rain.

Edited by SaintMichael, 12 January 2015 - 01:27 PM.

#204 PyroPenguin

PyroPenguin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

Since you've played Ultima you should understand that the standards really weren't that high back then, that really is a prime example.

you definitely didn't play UO.......the devs were constantly trying to out do their previous work with each new expansion they came out with  

#205 SaintMichael

SaintMichael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

you definitely didn't play UO.......the devs were constantly trying to out do their previous work with each new expansion they came out with  

The gameplay was slow paced and quite dull, yeah I didn't really play it because I found it boring to begin with.

#206 Klik06

Klik06

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:27 PM

Please fix the Spiritual Potion Creation Glitch for Bottle Grenades.  Thank You....

#207 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

there's a new maint thread, although you would probably get a quicker response posting in the tiki tues thread and raising a support ticket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users