Classic January 7th Maintenance Thread - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic January 7th Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

• WoE castles are reverted
  • Event WoE turns off
  • God Item Creation Turns On
  • New Year New Quest - Quest  We just started to receive the New Years event data from kRO last night unfortunately it won't be ready this week. Instead it will be ready next week. So we will be updating Boxter instead. As a taste for the quest subject it is the year of the sheep so expect something like a sheep's hat.
  • Next week we are looking at starting a jump event for the classic server. To encourage users to give it a try and hop on in. What would be community thoughts on a combination of a Jumping Janeway (to lvl 50 or higher) type NPC in combination with a reduced amount of EXP required to level?
  • Double Exp continues until next week
  • The Abyss Lake TI quest will be in for a while, a place for people to level as we prep additional quests/events that people can do instead. 

#2 queenmastersmith

queenmastersmith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

May I repost those choobs stats here without fear of deletion? c:

#3 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

in all honesty you should just greatly decrease the exp needed for pretrans in general since for most people the game begins at trans (parties, woe, instances, gears) 

#4 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:37 PM

May I repost those choobs stats here without fear of deletion? c:

Those Choobs stats are kind of invalid as they are the outcome of event WoEs.

#5 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:39 PM

Perhaps you need to explain jumping janeway to us non-adaptables.

Jumping Janeway jumps users up level tiers for finishing kill quests at their current level. Usually in chunks of 10-20 base levels. She also gives basic none tradeable gear away for the appropriate class.

#6 queenmastersmith

queenmastersmith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:39 PM

in all honesty you should just greatly decrease the exp needed for pretrans in general since for most people the game begins at trans (parties, woe, instances, gears) 

^ what she said

Those Choobs stats are kind of invalid as they are the outcome of event WoEs.

Sooooo you knew from the beginning that those WoEs would be pointless and participation would be slim to nil? Just an FYI even with normal WoEs returning, there's a good chance the major players won't be returning along with it.

#7 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:41 PM

^ what she said

Sooooo you knew from the beginning that those WoEs would be pointless and participation would be slim to nil? Just an FYI even with normal WoEs returning, there's a good chance the major players won't be returning along with it.

We tend to do event WoEs during the holiday season so users can spend time with their families instead of feeling that they MUST log in to defend their castles. We will be monitoring the upcoming WoEs and see what happens their.

The Castles are reverting to their pre event WoE ownership def/econ

#8 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:44 PM

50 is irrelevant on Classic, 80 might be a better goal.

80-90 tho is where the struggle begins. If you paired this up with a decent quest to get to say 95, it might be worth it.

The idea behind base level 50 is to get users to the point where they have more abilities than stabbing everything with the Novi Dagger so that they are able to at least play.

Castles being reverted, I'm sorry but the castles were changed on a tues and being reverted on a weds, We're losing a day of treasure from significant econ. Will we be compensated?

Yes

#9 queenmastersmith

queenmastersmith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:48 PM

Event WoEs are still somewhat indicative of the population though. WoEs such as these without any stakes are excellent for newcomers to the WoE scene and players that just want to fight. It allows them to participate without feeling as though anything is on the line.

Instead you get one alliance bullying everyone and holding everything. The smaller guilds were just like "nope" and didn't even try.

#10 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

The idea of a fast leveling npc, especially one that requires quests that would be effective to do in groups doesn't bother me.  Leveling is trivial for established players anyway, so it doesn't have any real effect on them.

#11 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

Event WoEs are still somewhat indicative of the population though. WoEs such as these without any stakes are excellent for newcomers to the WoE scene and players that just want to fight. It allows them to participate without feeling as though anything is on the line.

Instead you get one alliance bullying everyone and holding everything. The smaller guilds were just like "nope" and didn't even try.

Don't be ridiculous, our "alliance" had between 10 and 19 players online during the event woes, saying that "smaller" guilds didn't try or that we were "bullying" anyone is simply disingenuous.  Most people simply chose not to participate, for whatever reasons they may have, and those that did participate clearly weren't interested in the spirit of the events.  We spent more time fighting rebirthed characters people recalled into forts with our novices on saturday woe than we did fighting other novices, and in both woe2s there simply wern't any participants.

#12 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:59 PM

I assume level 50 includes Job 50 so we don't get people Job changing too early? Though I personally think level 70/40-95/50 second Job may be better for people giving the game a try than 50/50 ever will be.

As in extend it about 20-45 levels.

Edited by HikariYari, 05 January 2015 - 06:00 PM.

#13 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

I'm still salty you closed god item creation over Christmas with virtually no warning. Then adding santa for free resets with a large portion of our characters in quest limbo.

That said I did have some fun in event woes it's a shame not many people decided to participate, it could have actually been a lot of fun. Maybe next time consider giving players some incentive to participate or focus them into a smaller number of forts.

Here is my list of things:

• New World - and all that goes with it
  • KVM - properly implemented with no bugs or exploits and a promise of no badges available from boxes
  • DG - fix the incarnations drop rate 0.02 is not cool
  • Bio3 - just give us the default spawns with wizards and all
  • BGs - do something to make Tierra worth playing
  • Gemstones - just put yellow/reds in the mail annex please, you take an annoying semi-time consuming step out of getting them
  • MVP variance - i'd like to see some rebalancing of it slightly, having a 60 minute MVP with the same variance as a 12 hour seems really weird. It's annoying killing a bunch of short spawn MVPs and the long spawns are impossible to find because its the same group/person just killing it all week
  • GD spawn rates - would be cool to balance these I think Payon needs a 20-25% spawn boost and Geffen needs....something (probably a huge boost like 75-100%?)
  • Remove stuff from the boxes - can we stop getting the unbound boxes? It's annoying having to explain to people and seems like a fairly simple fix, just replace them on the drop table
  • Place to meet - lets get a proper eden replacement where you can sit down and meet people, buffer/kafra/bounty board (maybe south pront is a good place to consider?)
  • Short term VIP - I dont always have an account VIP'd and someone mentioned trying short VIPs in a suggestion thread months ago, I'm sure lots of people play in short bursts (especially around exp/drops events) and I'm sure more people would be willing to regularly VIP if they had more control over it even at a higher cost than 30/90 days etc

Edited by Themes, 05 January 2015 - 06:02 PM.

#14 queenmastersmith

queenmastersmith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:06 PM

• KVM - properly implemented with no bugs or exploits and a promise of no badges available from boxes
  • Gemstones - just put yellow/reds in the mail annex please, you take an annoying semi-time consuming step out of getting them
  • MVP variance - i'd like to see some rebalancing of it slightly, having a 60 minute MVP with the same variance as a 12 hour seems really weird. It's annoying killing a bunch of short spawn MVPs and the long spawns are impossible to find because its the same group/person just killing it all week
  • GD spawn rates - would be cool to balance these I think Payon needs a 20-25% spawn boost and Geffen needs....something (probably a huge boost like 75-100%?)
  • Remove stuff from the boxes - can we stop getting the unbound boxes? It's annoying having to explain to people and seems like a fairly simple fix, just replace them on the drop table
  • Place to meet - lets get a proper eden replacement where you can sit down and meet people, buffer/kafra/bounty board (maybe south pront is a good place to consider?)
  • Short term VIP - I dont always have an account VIP'd and someone mentioned trying short VIPs in a suggestion thread months ago, I'm sure lots of people play in short bursts (especially around exp/drops events) and I'm sure more people would be willing to regularly VIP if they had more control over it even at a higher cost than 30/90 days etc

Yes to all of those except KVM because KVM weapons are -_-ing OP as -_- and break every server they're implemented on.

#15 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:07 PM

all of this plz

#16 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:08 PM

For reducing exp I think maybe 95/50 to get to trans or reduce exp to 99. The event woes are a more casual environment for training new recruits or new guilds into woe without pressure of well it's gonna cost us xx amount to participate. And we need to recoup atleast y to make it worth out effort plus there's more zany or odd things u will see happen then in normal woes. Woe is ment to be fun but without becoming a chore or needing to make a super serious roster were not getting paid to take it that seriously. Which is why ull never see valk with a preset roster.

#17 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:13 PM

Yes to all of those except KVM because KVM weapons are -_-ing OP as -_- and break every server they're implemented on.

If they're put in exchangeable for other currencies yes. But the rate at which you're supposed to earn badges will mean at most the average player will be earning a weapon or two a year on minimal gameplay. People have done the math in other threads and I think the overall opinion was that it was fine it it was implemented without bugs/cheats and no form of cash shop buyins.

KVM gives PVP players a long term goal to be working towards, rewarding them for hanging around and playing outside of woe hours. This is a good thing.

Edit: Cant really weigh in on the Janeway thing until you give us some more information about what it is or how it works, if you have a link to some details in the wiki or on the forums is fine. I'm all for streamlining gameplay for the lower levels as long as they're being taught what they need to know and not just thrown in the deep end.

Edited by Themes, 05 January 2015 - 06:17 PM.

#18 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:18 PM

KVM will just = me saying "I told you so".

Thank Odin that the event WoE's are over. The one last year was so much better. Sadly QueenMastersmith is right though, I think the event WoE's were just an example of what is to come of WoE. 

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 05 January 2015 - 06:18 PM.

#19 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:21 PM

Please don't stop posting this. People can throw their 2 cents at it and nitpick things out, don't listen to them and stick to your guns. 100% right. Through and through.

#20 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:49 PM

jump event=trascendent=you can woe/mvp/fun stuff

this way banned/retired players can return and make their class again..the fun doesnt start on non trascendent classes.. with no population and as a new player, hardly you ll find a party to level.. still it wont matter if you keep letting exploits/buggs to happen..like the incident of few weeks ago

#21 CaliJin

CaliJin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationIrvine Ca
  • Server:Classic :/

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

• WoE castles are reverted
  • Event WoE turns off
  • God Item Creation Turns On
  • New Year New Quest - Quest
  • Next week we are looking at starting a jump event for the classic server. To encourage users to give it a try and hop on in. What would be community thoughts on a combination of a Jumping Janeway (to lvl 50) type NPC in combination with a reduced amount of EXP required to level?

hmm the granny boxter? :questionmark: :p_omg:

#22 CaliJin

CaliJin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationIrvine Ca
  • Server:Classic :/

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:00 PM

We tend to do event WoEs during the holiday season so users can spend time with their families instead of feeling that they MUST log in to defend their castles. We will be monitoring the upcoming WoEs and see what happens their.

The Castles are reverting to their pre event WoE ownership def/econ

:no1: :p_cry: :thumb2:

#23 Jayalphy

Jayalphy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:57 PM

There is something Seriously wrong with the DG Drop Rates, Instead of changing poring drop rates you guys must look into DG, I've Spent 80 - 100 He Gums, and killed More than 3k Monsters of Each Incarnation, The best drop so far was only a Cursed Hand [1], Do Diabolus Manteau and Ring even drops? There wasn't even a Skin of Ventus Drop! Please Look Into This! -_-

#24 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

the ring and mant drop the ring is 0.02 more rare then mvp card  i gave up at dg after i wasted 10k kp in he gum there.

#25 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:38 PM

hmm the granny boxter? :questionmark: :p_omg:

:( One day.....

There is something Seriously wrong with the DG Drop Rates, Instead of changing poring drop rates you guys must look into DG, I've Spent 80 - 100 He Gums, and killed More than 3k Monsters of Each Incarnation, The best drop so far was only a Cursed Hand [1], Do Diabolus Manteau and Ring even drops? There wasn't even a Skin of Ventus Drop! Please Look Into This! -_-

I've told my sob story here. There's no reason these items need to be as rare as they are. If you're going to increase card drop rates across the board I cant think of anything that should genuinely be rarer than that. If you want them to be rare sure, set them to current card rate, but having them be 0.02 is silly. They're valuable end game gear and should be attainable in-line with other comparable gear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users