Classic January 7th Maintenance Thread - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic January 7th Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#26 queenmastersmith

queenmastersmith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:05 PM

I'm amazed someone got a Cursed Hand to drop. Seen maybe 4 Skins of Ventus so far despite people being in there farming it every day. So few DRings they're almost a myth. Absolutely no Diab Mants at all.

On the fence as to whether it's a good thing. Stuff like DRings are crazy good so it's probably for the best to keep them rare, but I also want some DG gear for myself. Server stability or personal gain... hmm.

#27 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:14 PM

i think they should fix the drop rates for them the rings are supposed to be 0.05 on 1x right?

#28 Samias

Samias

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

I like the idea of a gear event but I really just want to see all the monsters kind of equalized out so you can realistically pick anywhere to level. Once you hit level 80-ish and get decent gear you have a lot of places to pick from but euuurgghhhh I mean I just leveled a merchant to job 50 off of orc warriors and while the orc ladies are pretty fine, the orc warrior bexp/jexp ratio is so wacky that I hit base 67 before job 50. Also there wasn't really any maps that were nearly as efficient that also weren't bot havens.

I actually had a thought about doing something cool with the Labyrinth since otherwise there's not much a reason to check it out unless you want to MVP Baphomet. Can we spruce that up with something too?

#29 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

I don't know about the experience rate 1-50, but i'm sure the reason why people play pserver is due to the super fast exp rate.

Also, this is classic server thus I don't want it to be like renewal (like super fast to level).

My proposal will be like this (source taken from irowiki classic) for non trans:

Current exp rate for non trans

Level             Exp to next level              Rise %

90                  9,738,720                      28.10%

91                 11,649,960                     19.60%

92                 13,643,520                     17.10%

93                 18,339,300                     34.40%

94                  23,836,800                    30.00%

95                  35,658,000                    49.60%

96                  48,687,000                    36.50%

97                  58,135,000                    19.40%

98                  99,999,998                    72.00%

Proposed exp rate for non-trans (just a proposal, I'm so lazy so I just take 10% and increase to 50% going to 99)

Level             Exp to next level             Rise %

90                    8,235,234                    10.00%

91                    9,058,757                    10.00%

92                    9,964,633                    10.00%

93                    10,961,096                  10.00%

94                    12,057,206                  10.00%

95                    14,468,647                  20.00%

96                    18,809,242                  30.00%

97                    26,332,938                  40.00%

98                    39,499,407                  50.00%

After all, life begins at 40 trans

Edited by AmericanPie, 05 January 2015 - 10:59 PM.

#30 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:43 PM

i think they should fix the drop rates for them the rings are supposed to be 0.05 on 1x right?

They should be 0.04 with the exception of DRing which should be 0.06. Which is why it's crazy that it's 0.02, I'm not even sure if thats 0.02 before server modifiers or not. However I get the feeling that it isnt.

Exp stuff

I definitely like the concept of this, some napkin math made that look like roughly 40% of the exp required for those last nine levels. When it comes down to it making a change like this doesnt have any great effect on experienced/hardcore players as they're going to be using VIP/BMs and more efficient leveling methods. But players who are less experienced and just want to play the game are going to notice it almost immediately.

One thing to keep in mind when making a change like this is that modifying the pre-trans experience pool also means the expanded classes are going to be sharing the same exp pool, I'm not sure how these are taken care of in Aegis but I get the feeling they all share a single table. You've also got the problem with how efficient it could make botting, there's already a few trans bots here and there, but this could make it explode.

I also like the idea of "creating" some new leveling spots (via changes to spawns, exp:hp ratios etc). It'd be really nice to have 2-3 options for your standard spec/roles (melee/ranged/magic/vit mobber/agi autoattack etc) it would also give you interesting spotlight maps to rotate through and let people feel like they have a choice about where to go or what to do.

For this to work however, you would need to probably decide on a standard leveling speed, exactly how fast you expect a regular player to be leveling and using that as a baseline for creating new areas. You could look at a few different ratios, levels/hour, exp/hour. Also stuff like how much further ahead to you let mobbing specs get? Is there room for support players also? Maybe I'm overthinking it and it's as easy to create new options as throwing two different maps ontop of each other and you end up with Heims Batholians.

#31 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:22 AM

Edit: Cant really weigh in on the Janeway thing until you give us some more information about what it is or how it works, if you have a link to some details in the wiki or on the forums is fine. I'm all for streamlining gameplay for the lower levels as long as they're being taught what they need to know and not just thrown in the deep end.

Basically, the way it's worked on Renewal is, if a novice talks to Janeway, she gives you a quest to kill 5 porings. Once you do that, your given a few levels and job levels (nearly enough to change to first class). She then tells you to come back as a first class for more quests. Sucks for those making supernovices, BTW.

Once you change to your first class, she gives you about 5 job levels for free. Then she has you kill 10 skeletons and zombies iirc. After that, you'll get some levels and job levels. Then she tells you to kill 25 or so elder willows iirc. If you kill them, she'll give you several base and job levels. Then she has you kill 50 orcs and 25 orc ladies. After that, she'll give you enough levels that your at 55/40 at this point.

There's been two different versions of Janeway in Renewal, so they differ from this point. The Orc quest left you at level 55/40. The first time she came in, if you stopped there and hunted for the last 50 levels, then you'd be able to change to second class and take the 100 savages quest to get to a max of 70/50. If you did the savages right after orcs, you were stuck at 70/1 as second class. After grinding the last 29 levels and rebirthing, you'd be able to do the quests again, and achieve a trans class of 70/50. (70/1 if you did it wrong.)

The second variation was to go straight to Savages, then change to second class, then do the 100 Kaphas. After this, she left you at 99/50 (some discrepancies have happened that I've noticed with expanded classes.) You can not do the quests again after rebirthing this time.

After some part of doing this quest (skeleton/zombies, maybe?) she gave the most basic Eden gear. The good part was that after rebirthing, you could then start on the Eden group equipment quests.

I know that there have been discussions about gear, but I haven't noticed any solid word on it. Janeway, I assume, would give some. But what about if it were decided that just a jump even were the way we were to go? I mean, with the best gears in the NPC shops, I went to hunt orcs to do the quest to get the faux boss hat. At level 50-something, I was dying quite a bit. I was only there to try and get the hat to improve my gear, but...what about these people who are going to be grinding less, and therefor get less drops? Either way, you can't afford anything, really. And Janeway would need to give at minimum "decent" gear for the level she dumps you at. Otherwise, no exp event would be better...

#32 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:07 AM

in all honesty you should just greatly decrease the exp needed for pretrans in general since for most people the game begins at trans (parties, woe, instances, gears) 

I agree with this.

#33 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:21 AM

There's been two different versions of Janeway in Renewal, so they differ from this point. The Orc quest left you at level 55/40. The first time she came in, if you stopped there and hunted for the last 50 levels, then you'd be able to change to second class and take the 100 savages quest to get to a max of 70/50. If you did the savages right after orcs, you were stuck at 70/1 as second class. After grinding the last 29 levels and rebirthing, you'd be able to do the quests again, and achieve a trans class of 70/50. (70/1 if you did it wrong.)

the first time janeway was in, you could just go back and talk to her to get to 70/50 as a trans 2nd class, which is why people accidentally ended up with level 70 trans first class chars or even trans novice. you didn't need to kill any monsters the 2nd time around. imo the first iteration of janeway was more op because you could get a 70/50 trans char after grinding from 70-99 on a pretrans char which is super easy anyway. however, the current iteration of janeway is pretty baller for SN since you end up with a 99/95 SN at the end of it if you started from scratch (with like 95% into job 95 as well).

#34 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:31 AM

What are you a GM? Facts related to server health can't be addressed if we hide from them all the time by refusing to acknowledge things by calling it "Drama".

3 guilds are allied vs 1.

There are 4 guilds in WoE 2.

Incase this is difficult math for anyone, just know that it's outright wrong.

ya i'm not a GM but they claimed to be enacting a strict no guild drama policy on their updates threads. i'm not the one that makes up the rules, so...yeah. i'm the wrong person to be taking up the issue with.

aurora consists of 4-5 people who woe on a semi regular basis. WOW soooooo scary. we must really be that pro if we're garnering this much attention.

valk seems like they can barely even get 10 people to log in for woe. there was one woe 1 a little while back where they had like 5 or 6 people at the start of woe lol. the horror!!!

the days i've woed AnO seemed to be fairing better with attendance, they average 10-15.

please stop this diatribe that you care about small guilds. when aurora was a fledgling guild and ID and Los Hijos allied against us when we had no allies and way outnumbered us (especially in terms of gears), where was your concern for us? oh right, you had none lol. when wrecking crew threatened us and told us we'd never get a castle because we let other guilds use our GD, where was your concern for us? the only thing you're concerned about is your own guild and keeping guilds besides your own as weak as possible. everyone knows you have a dumb grudge against valk, that's why you are pushing for changes to the current woe situation. the situation that exists in woe has happened because the CM's here have failed to take action and fix massively broken parts of the game. the situation that exists right now is the result of constant rule breaking gone unpunished, whether it's botting, RMT, or flat out cheating in woe. i would hate to see iRO go under, but unless there are substantial improvements made, i don't see this server improving. BUT GUESS WHAT XELLIE, even if the CM's do intervene and get rid of alliances or whatever it is that you want them to do, this server will still be an absolute mess of RMTing, botting, and rule breaking. so quite honestly i question your priorities. and i guess a guild of 9 people hoarding 8 megs and lord knows whatever else isn't a problem if we're really going to be talking about balance and difficult math, amirite?

User has been put on probation for this post. 

Edited by Oda, 06 January 2015 - 10:59 AM.

#35 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:53 AM

Let's see the bans for drama!

#36 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:05 AM

http://forums.warppo...read/?p=2009189

Calling others stupid and strongly trying to discredit the hard work of a guild/alliance is not drama provoking? I just want to read patch notes and talk about the server, could careless for your personal vendetta's. Should take that into PM's, fan sites, or another thread. The useless spam and spreading of rumors or calling others stupid among other things looks really great for the server well we are all working hard to increase the population. 

Just please take your drama provoking stuff elsewhere. If the "conversation" needs to happen then wouldn't it make sense to do it elsewhere? Oda did say that this isn't the thread for that and hopefully they follow through with trying to enforce "anti-drama" bans. I think it should include in game accounts as well to get the point across of "drop it" and move on. 

User has been put on probation for this post. Users in question have been told to put each other on ignore previously. 

Edited by Oda, 06 January 2015 - 11:20 AM.

#37 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:07 AM

Janeway description.

Cool thanks for summing it up.

Yeah I can get behind this, as long as the players are awarded level appropriate (probably character bound) gear and possibly zeny for potions so that they're not left with nothing when they're done with the event. My only concern would be what happens to players when they're done. They've got a level xx/xx dude where do they go now? Who do they play with? What do they need to keep playing? As long as these questions are answered it could work out really well.

#38 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:12 AM

Thank you for editing it out of your post, long after my post. I feel much better having a couple of the direct personal insults removed, however it is still extremely drama provoking and not needed here. This should be a place for server discussions. If arguing against rival guilds is really what you want, do it in your own thread. Nobody wants to see the pointless spam here, I am speaking for myself and others that have messaged me concerned about your actions. Take it elsewhere, please.

#39 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:14 AM

I'd like to propose we define small guild or inexperienced guild. Valhalla even with less than 10 people is never classed as "small". Why?

I offered you an alliance (asking you to drop valk) so you didn't get caught up in all that mess. But you seemed to think I had some agenda.

My agenda was AND STILL IS  this

nobody to play vs = no reason to have guild = may as well play another game.

My concern for Aurora was that we had nobody to fight except valk. Aurora members had expressed concern (fear) that we would come and stomp their econ. I said I had no reason to do so unless valk were defending it because if they did... then we would have nobody to fight and nothing to do.

If you had told me WC had threatened you I would have helped you!

nvm I remember this, it was stupid of you to get involved with such a highly charged situation.

I have helped lots of small guilds and it's not a bad thing to accept help from a stronger one. I constantly ally smaller guilds on the basis that it would be *gasp* immoral to fight them based on Valhalla's size/items/experience.

ID and hijos allied because AnO were in your fort. This is what happens, one guild allies and then others ally in retaliation. Look, I offered you the benefit of my experience, I'm doing *something* right as a guildleader and I started with only 3 people on an established server with gods and mvps all over the place. Part of my thing was to not get involved in the big guild stuff, they had their reasons and picking a side just meant getting bullied. Rather stay vs people my own size and actually learn and grow.

Valk is teen attendance, AnO was mid 20s often recently. Tell me why either of those needed alliances vs my small guild? All of us running teen attendance against eachother would be so much more fun than 30+ vs a single teen guild.

Also can we talk about the insane number of MVP cards in Valk? For that reason alone they shouldn't require an alliance. They also need to look at the server and balance hibrams because seriously a single card like that doing so much damage AOE is retardedly strong (with no drawback behind a portal) and with THREE in one guild (along with 2 bio3 MVP cards) there are some serious balance issues to look at.

God items are different. You can prevent the acquisition of those.

sidenote: my guild recruitment is up like 1000% atm. I may actually have to close recruitment. I'm not sure how this will bear on the woe situation if we decide to take part in SE (still on the fence about that as there is literally no reason to)

it was your member trolling that started this disucssion in the first place. you can drop the victim card. i clarified with your member that she (i'm assuming she's a she) was adamant in another thread that there wouldn't be any sort of discussion of guild drama. you felt the need to jump in as well for whatever reason. in all honesty this would be better moved to another thread, which is why i think the CM's wanted to stop guild drama discussion from clogging update threads. if they want to ban me that's fine, lol.

gurl ID allied los hijos AGES before aurora allied valk and ano lol. either way they did it first and my point still stands that that was perfectly okay with you then. if your idea of "helping" small guilds is threatening and coercing them, you have a really interesting definition of "helping" haha.

my point in mentioning numbers is that the aurora/valk/ano alliance is far smaller than people make it out to be. you keep throwing the word "three guilds vs one" and when the majority of the players in those guilds dual or triple client. or probably even quadruple client. and as i said aurora consists of like 5 people who woe. you make us sound like this massive entity when it wasn't that long ago that you were woeing in/with WC.

Edited by Ecclesio, 06 January 2015 - 10:17 AM.

#40 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:17 AM

God items and MVP cards are 1 and the same in the competitive aspect of this game they each have pros/cons KVM was purely created as the equalizer to guilds with lots of gods/Mvps and to help newer ones gain a foot hold in woe. If you moving for hibram to be nerfed /not used in woe I will second they do that for gtb as well. But then we would be no different then that new pserver and of its going that route we should just setup shop there.

#41 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:22 AM

What are you a GM? Facts related to server health can't be addressed if we hide from them all the time by refusing to acknowledge things by calling it "Drama".

3 guilds are allied vs 1.

There are 4 guilds in WoE 2.

Incase this is difficult math for anyone, just know that it's outright wrong.

How is 3 guilds allied against 1 is wrong? Iro woe has never been even, and guilds have the ability to get stronger to deal with these type of issues. It will balance out in time. Its not really a GM issue.

The lack of population in woe is a huge problem and a GM issue. I know a lot of people would come back to woe if supplies could be earned from battlegrounds and if there was better server performance.

Edited by TheSputnik, 06 January 2015 - 10:23 AM.

#42 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:34 AM

In the past those outnumbered guilds had alternative compeititon.

Here we're talking about farming the server. Which btw, if allowed to happen will shut down any possible recovery for classic.

Nobody will want to play vs those farmed guilds. It will never balance out.

The guilds that are actively getting meg forts have hardly any god items and I wouldn't call that farming. By them making god items, it will actually make the server better in the long run by balancing the ratios of god items in all guilds. 

Edited by TheSputnik, 06 January 2015 - 10:35 AM.

#43 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:45 AM

We really can't have every single maintenance thread being Undying vs Xellie. 

If you have a suggestion for things to be improved on I would recommend the format of 

X needs to be worked on, my recommendations are Y

You don't need to respond to other people's suggestions to tell them they are wrong, bad posters, stirring up drama, etc. If you have something to say that is guild/WoE related I want to see detailed, reasonable suggestions.

Leave the things that people said that you don't like in 2014. 

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

The guilds that are actively getting meg forts have hardly any god items and I wouldn't call that farming. By them making god items, it will actually make the server better in the long run by balancing the ratios of god items in all guilds. 

WHAT GUILDS?! VS WHO?! VALHALLA DOESN'T DO WOE 2! ID HAS A BRIS AND A HAMMER! DAFUQ DO PEOPLE NEED MEGS FOR VS THEM?

I'm not talking about FE! And even then, they have MORE THAN 10 GOD SETS SITTING IN STORAGE!

More megs do not balance megs. It creates a oneshot retardfest.

Holy crap, we want new guilds to not join the server and see all the forts being 80+ econ and 1 guild and their ally owning everything. Its that much to ask?

You should read what I'm saying before just posting things you think will spite my guild.

How will there being 1 or 2 saturated guilds help the server gain more players/guilds?

Truthfully. Who is going to look at classic in a months time and say "OH WOW! THIS ONE GUILD OWNS LIKE ALL THE ITEMS AND NOBODY FIGHTS VS THEM! I'LL MAKE A GUILD FROM SCRATCH AND BEAT THEM YEAAAAAAAH!"

User has been put on probation for this post.

Edited by Oda, 06 January 2015 - 11:01 AM.

#45 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:51 AM

How is 3 guilds allied against 1 is wrong? Iro woe has never been even, and guilds have the ability to get stronger to deal with these type of issues. It will balance out in time. Its not really a GM issue.

The lack of population in woe is a huge problem and a GM issue. I know a lot of people would come back to woe if supplies could be earned from battlegrounds and if there was better server performance.

The thing is our attendances have been consistent. We usually have 14-17 players on, AnO may have 15-20 and Aurora have ~5-7. These numbers have been pretty much the same for the last few months, there was one siege where we broke 25 and AnO had a little more than that at a couple of occasions.

It was fine when the two other groups of players (I say groups because there were generally more than one guild in each of those two guilds) were pulling 35-40. But now that they've lost interest/quit or whatever reason they're using to take a break this time it's suddenly a problem. Why do we have to be punished for keeping our players interested enough to keep showing up every week? We managed to outlast months of nothing but two much larger guilds inside our forts and now that they've grown tired of it suddenly we're being told we have to do this or have to do that.

Was typing that before Odas appeared, I'm happy to take discussion somewhere else if someone wants to make a thread.

Edited by Themes, 06 January 2015 - 10:52 AM.

#46 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

Properly built champs/Sam spec sin x can 1shot most chars without gods altho mind you it takes a great deal of planing/time investment to get there. And for the record a few gliepnirs that were left from guilds that quit/banned were sold in the last 6 months. Altho obviously not for in game stuff.

#47 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:54 AM

tbh the players in those guilds were trying to push guildcaps pretty hard themselves to have a forced limit on number of players

maybe the gms can make it so if theres more members than xx value inside a castle they automatically get warped out and if an alliance member enters the castle they also get warped out. only way i can think of doing it without source mods. btw can we have a ban for the person that comes to all these threads to provoke a thread full of drama? would be nice to see.

Edited by needmorezleep, 06 January 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#48 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

tbh the players in those guilds were trying to push guildcaps pretty hard themselves to have a forced limit on number of players
maybe the gms can make it so if theres more members than xx value inside a castle they automatically get warped out and if an alliance member enters the castle they also get warped out. only way i can think of doing it without source mods.

. I would support something like this if it could be pulled off though scripts as the dev team here is limited in what can be change and what those guilds wanted to happen was hard coded into the game which kro won't release.

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

So what's the probo for? Posting at the same time as oda and not seeing the warning or busting the caps key? Perhaps it was the red text or maybe it was the hard hitting frightening truth that something needs to change.

Help me out here, because apparently something there is equal to constant harassment.

Or is it that I'm in Valhalla and we're not allowed an opinion on WoE? Just how we were told about not being allowed an opinion on the god quest because we were one group (despite being the only group to do it?)

#50 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

During the summer of 2014 a kind "numbers" game was put into effect. Two guilds were absorbing players because each guild thought the other had more ect ect. It turned out to be quite ridiculous to play in/with simply because both sides were just trying to absorb and it did nothing good or productive. 

To avoid this we tried (aka started from me trolling vrypwrfl but then turned into some of us making it happen) to set guild limits among ourselves. A few issues still came up, such as we still had to "trust" our opponents. The other issue was remaking a guild to have minimum number of levels in guild extension so that the guild itself would only hold so many, but again the cleverness of RO players (tribals) kind of killed this idea... Plus nobody wanted to level a guild again.

The only other issue and a rather large one when we were trying to do "organized woe's" was the actual limit. We could set the limit but nobody felt right about having to turn people away. Both sides didn't want to do that because both sides wanted people to play the server and have good WoE's. 

Anyways, we did try our best for 6 weeks to keep everything as "even" as possible (end of the year 2014). Still wont work unless they do something server side, but doubt they can. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users