• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Zcar

Zcar

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:19 PM

I'm looking to be a hybrid PvP/PvE Trapper and was curious about my level 40 build, I was thinking of going something along the lines of:

http://dragonica.db....501000000000000

Now my question is (I didn't get it originally) the speed boost from rapid step really worth it?

And Mesmerize to me doesn't seam like it's worth getting because I'd have to evade an attack and from there, there's only a 20% chance to reflect?

Any comments on this would be great.

#2 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:07 AM

Well the only reason you'd max Mesmerize is simple! If for some reason the foe DOES hit, you will now have a decent chance of still not taking the damage. So it's like a fail safe - one that's especially useful for any type of PvP match and soloing situation.

Also, use this site instead of that outdated one okay thanks I love you bye bye: http://image-storage...000000000000000

The reason why I put Rocket Launcher to 2 is because it his 7 enemies, which is currently the max enemies the skills Arrow Rain and Wolf Rush can hit. Rising Arrow is level 4 because that's when the launch is at it's highest height. However, I might be getting this mixed up with a thief... Launch skills all basically look alike to me now. Just check the description in game! If it says the launch is higher, get level 4, if not, getting level 4 may still be a good idea since it's a very reliable and quick way to launch things. You can always opt to get rid of Mesmerize, but you should have more than enough points to go around - especially since you don't need any of those bombs for PvE. Their use in PvP is... Limited. On the count of everyone can clearly see where they are. A person would most likely run into them by accident by dashing around - which rarely happens(since they are normally CHASING you, not RUNNING from you) OR you'd have to push them into the bomb somehow - which rarely happens because Rangers aren't great "pushers" as it would seem. Laaaaastly, I got rid of Multi-Shot because it's useful and all(early on), but as an archer, you shouldn't even BE that close to an enemy if you can help it. The points can be used elsewhere.

Edited by Tundra, 16 November 2010 - 07:09 AM.

#3 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:12 PM

Mesmerize was used for Hlt PFs with BD..

#4 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:34 PM

I would go more for this for 40 and this for this.

Edited by iKnowMyABCs, 16 November 2010 - 12:36 PM.

#5 Zcar

Zcar

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:36 PM

I thought rocket launch needed to be at least level 3 before it launched a decent height?

As well I revised my original build to now look like this:

http://image-storage...115500515000000

#6 WolfinGanger

WolfinGanger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationRight behind you

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:18 PM

question why would you not use bow mastery?

#7 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

question why would you not use bow mastery?

90 dmg is hardly useful.

#8 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:49 PM

Mesmerize was used for Hlt PFs with BD..

So the pfs who take the least amount of damage use it? Interesting...

#9 LupinVII

LupinVII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:48 PM

Why max rapid step?

#10 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:48 AM

For movement speed. Go watch A pvp vid with Thuy in it. So hard to kill what you can't catch

#11 LupinVII

LupinVII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:05 AM

For movement speed. Go watch A pvp vid with Thuy in it. So hard to kill what you can't catch

is it good to max it early? like let's say level 27 rapid step is maxed?

#12 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:33 AM

is it good to max it early? like let's say level 27 rapid step is maxed?

It's pretty good if you use it with legend of combo, which you can get really easily at 27.

#13 LupinVII

LupinVII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:37 AM

It's pretty good if you use it with legend of combo, which you can get really easily at 27.

So where's a good place to achieve that and how? I only got till "energized" 'cause people always steal away my combos.

#14 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:20 AM

So where's a good place to achieve that and how? I only got till "energized" 'cause people always steal away my combos.

Just grab your level 1 bow or make a new archer to get one, and go to Jigsaw pinsers coast and arrow shower the razor crabbies. Just find an empty channel.

#15 LupinVII

LupinVII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:26 AM

Just grab your level 1 bow or make a new archer to get one, and go to Jigsaw pinsers coast and arrow shower the razor crabbies. Just find an empty channel.

oh, i see. thanks

#16 Solarak

Solarak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

Since I noticed that there hasn't been much discussion on the Hallucination/Mesmerize issue, let me give my opinion. Although they both SOUND really good, think about what's actually going on. Mesmerize, at MAX level, reflects almost double the damage back with a 20% chance. That alone sounds pretty good, but remember thats its ONLY when hallucination is active, which is for 15 seconds. Not only that, but if you are stacking evade and have hallucination on, the chance of your enemy actually hitting you is low (30% or whatever the cap is). So they now have a 30% chance to hit you (assuming you stacked some evade), and only a 20% chance that damage is reflected. All in all, it just doesn't seem likely that it would be effective. However, if you DIDN'T stack evade, and put hallucination at only level one, then it MIGHT be beneficial since the enemy would hit you nearly 100% of the time (assuming they have relatively high aim and you have low evade). But again, it's only for 15 seconds, so I still argue that the skill points should be used elsewhere.

TL;DR: I don't recommend putting SP into mesmerize.

As for the rapid step issue, I agree with StormHaven. I have pvped Thuy several times, and it is insane how fast he is. Although i will agree that it is less important than it was before since there seem to be so many items with movement speed now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users