Account banned,ticket being ignored - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Account banned,ticket being ignored

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Anakron

Anakron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:13 AM

I know I am not supposed to post on this here but my ticket is being ignored, my main account with everything of value I have accumulated over nearly 13 years of off and on play has been blocked for 5 years and I can't even get an answer as to what I did to deserve this action. I don't want to turn my back on ro after so long but this hurts,badly and i need to know what I can do to reverse this or if it was done in mistake or what and I'm not even being given a response to my tickets! Help ,please!

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

Reply to your ticket to ask what's up. They typically respond to tickets on the weekdays so if you don't get an answer today, you'll have to wait until Monday.

#3 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:19 AM

so are you saying it hasn't been responded to in 5 years, or are you just coming back and it's been blocked for 5 years? when did you raise your ticket? if it's still in active status and no one has replied, you can pm warnhal with the ticket number and he can check it out.

#4 Anakron

Anakron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:21 AM

No, the account has been blocked for a 5 year time, it happened a day ago and i am not ever being told what i did wrong

#5 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:22 AM

Please send a pm to Warnhal with your ticket number, he should be able to assist you.

#6 Anakron

Anakron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:26 AM

I just did, thank you so much for stopping to let me know to pm him guys, i love you for this. This must've taken a dozen years off my life already ;.;

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

It's not a 5 year ban, it's a perm-until-you-sort-things-out with the GMs ban. Usually 2020 bans aren't that hard to get lifted. The other date they use (2037 was it?) is much worse news. 

#8 Anakron

Anakron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:51 AM

I can't even get an explanation as to what I did and I would certainly love to sort it out with 5b or so tied to that account and 13 years of playing to get to that point with my lifestyle.. I feel like trash being tossed aside after my purpose was expunged from me.

Edited by Anakron, 09 January 2015 - 09:51 AM.

#9 Shuji

Shuji

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:38 AM

The same has occurred to me, came to the forums for help. Thanks DrAzzy (also for the neat HomAI) and Cinnamon.

Had a hard time getting the Super Novice up and running, would be a pain in the ass if I lost all that progress.

#10 Anakron

Anakron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:39 AM

I LOVE YOU CAMPITOR! Thank you so much for resolving this, and i will never respond to bot mails in fury again x.x I appreciate all of you taking time out to talk to me with this, I think my love for this community is rekindled. Thank you!

#11 Shuji

Shuji

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:47 AM

I LOVE YOU CAMPITOR! Thank you so much for resolving this, and i will never respond to bot mails in fury again x.x I appreciate all of you taking time out to talk to me with this, I think my love for this community is rekindled. Thank you!

HECK, That's what I did, too :/

So you get banned for responding to bots? Damnit.

#12 Anakron

Anakron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:49 AM

haha yeah, they hammered me with mail for 2 days straight and i could read pretty much NOTHING in parties or pms in the chat log due to it and i got mad and hit return on all of them hoping i'd flood the bot our or piss the person off enough to stop somehow, instead the gold seller reported me as the offender ;.; that is horribly messed up. It's impossible to ignore mails though since i blocked the name and it still came through.

#13 MorseCoder

MorseCoder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:55 AM

Glad it was resolved in a timely manner, less than three hours. Sometimes it can take a day or two to have a precautionary ban lifted. Apparently a number of people have been temporarily banned for responding, provoking, or antagonizing bots/spammers.

I haven't tried this yet, but I wonder if turning off everything except Whisper/Party chat in the chat options would prevent the mail notifications from appearing. My guess is no.

Edited by MorseCoder, 09 January 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#14 Shuji

Shuji

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:00 AM

Basically, that was the same for me, too. Sitting in Izlude for an hour? 30 Mails. GREAT :D All spam. I even spent zeny to look after my mail. And then all I got was this crap.

Something should be done against that. But what?

I can't see any way the GMs could make this situation any better for the players :/ Ban one bot and in its place three others pop up.

But now actual players get banned for, really, one PM/Mail/Whatsoever while the Bots flame us with everything they got?

That's not cool. Really not cool. We are treated as the bad guys. q_q

#15 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

it's shoddy investigation on the GMs part but they do need to read and check out every ticket raised to them.

Camp/Oda have been deleting spam mails in large batches while they work with kRO on a longer term solution. In the meantime basically don't put yourself in a position where the spammers can get your account banned, even temporarily.

When i'm in town or in eden, i just /exall and don't bother with the mail spams since i don't expect mails from people in the first place, and I usually chat with friends/other players in guild or via external programs like ventrilo.

#16 Anakron

Anakron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:25 AM

It's not their fault,this happened in wow for ages too,scammers would send cod mails and hit the unwary for 1k+ fold on a stack of potions with a name similar to someone they were seen talking to in the area chat. It happens but yeah, thank you for sorting this out today, i was starting to fear i was damned in the situation already and tomorrow is saturday. Would've been a twitchy.withdrawn mind addled nervous wreck by Monday if it hadn't.

#17 Anakron

Anakron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

I think they fixed it by adding a toggle requiring mail consent for people not on your friend list in the settings and locking it below a certain level and on unpayed accounts.

#18 djvc

djvc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

Same here. my ticket has not been answered and i sent it yesterday.
i also sent a message to Oda and it still has not been resolved. 
I would REALLY like to get this fixed, seeing that the account that was banned was my VIP account.

they are seriously wasting my VIP on this issue.

Oda, Capitor, GOD!!
someone, resolve this issue please!!

#19 djvc

djvc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

SWEET!! my ticket has been resolved.

Thank you Oda

#20 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:12 PM

Do you know that the guy reported you? 

I think it's most likely that they semi-automatically blocked all the people who'd been sending spam-like mail.... but by returning all those messages, it now looked like you'd been one of the ones sending messages and got caught in the net for that reason. 

#21 Lazymanback

Lazymanback

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:48 PM

I have exactly the same issue, banned until 2020-12-31!!! 

However, my ticket is not resolved (submited 2 tickets already), and I'm still banned.   Its been 2 days already, and I got no replies. 

I need help!!!  My Vip is expired soon, I want to play!!!!!

#22 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

Submitting multiple tickets about the same issue makes it take longer for the GMs to resolve it.

#23 baO603

baO603

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:24 AM

Hi there, appreciate if you can help me with my ticket as well. I've done something similar to OP by returning 4 pages of spam mails, and 3 mails each on 2 other occasions. LOL, I was 'that' bored.

#24 Lazymanback

Lazymanback

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:49 PM

This is the 3rd day, and my tickets still being ignored.  I even send message to Oda and Warnhal, but no one read it.  

My account still banned, I can't log in.   I'm in a bad mood now.

I learned my lesson, I will not return any spam mails anymore.

I WANT TO PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!

#25 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:15 PM

Returning spam mail will flag your account and get it suspended so avoid that please. Meanwhile it is weekend so please have patience, if you are not getting any reply wait till Monday PST.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users