Level 175 GX stat/skill build!? - Page 3 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Level 175 GX stat/skill build!?

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#51 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:09 AM

im torn between faw and hbp build... waaaaahh. 

for hbp and temporal agi bonus combo

str: 92

agi: 120

vit: 100

int: 1

dex: 90

luck: 90

remaining points: 1

(plus all the stats u get from job levels)

for faw bonuses

str: 100

agi: 120

vit: 100

int: 1

dex: 69 or 100

luck: 69 or 100

remaining points: 0

(plus all the stats u get from job levels, not to mention 69 is a sexy number  :heh: )

if you going for faw build, i think 69 dex is too low, are you going to be full crit or versatile woe build... Katar or DD?

Edited by RomeroMelo, 16 February 2015 - 07:10 AM.

#52 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:26 PM

i dont like how cross impact 3 sounds, and venom impression isnt worth it in my opinion... Please, dont f***cking put new poison research 5, it extends EDP duration, lvl 10 gives extra 30secs, it will be 1min and 30 sec with edp without having to stop for using it... please, put it 10... weapon blocking 4 is a waste too, if you going for katar, put it only lvl 1, and put CRS lvl 5, huuuuge damege, cant be underrated... I like this skill tree>> http://irowiki.org/~...dncBqseFrFeFcH1

Why no antidote?

Also why do u thinking venom impression is not worth it?

Also on my opinion i keep Poison research at lvl 5. yes i know it increase duration but for me it doesnt really matter much to me. i guess its for less poison bottle consumption to save more zenny and what not but lvl 5 is good enough for me for now. But please explian the two questions above.

Shalom!!

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 16 February 2015 - 03:30 PM.

#53 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:12 PM

I am afraid that I must argue on pure principle that 69 dex is the perfect amount, and indeed, all stats should be there-at. 

#54 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:38 PM

I am afraid that I must argue on pure principle that 69 dex is the perfect amount, and indeed, all stats should be there-at. 

if ur going to argue give reason for ur claim

#55 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:51 PM

Why no antidote?

Also why do u thinking venom impression is not worth it?

Also on my opinion i keep Poison research at lvl 5. yes i know it increase duration but for me it doesnt really matter much to me. i guess its for less poison bottle consumption to save more zenny and what not but lvl 5 is good enough for me for now. But please explian the two questions above.

Shalom!!

because like i said, when you have to use edp again you'll get some after cast delay, it can get you killed in woe ,if your edp ends in the middle of the fight, more time with edp means more time without after cast delay from it, antidote depends on you to go for or not, it is pretty usefull but i never needed it so i took it off and put one more in CI, it seemed more usefull to me... I'm not saying it is no good skill, yeah, it is a most GX must have, but i'm my personal build it wasnt that usefull to me, im always with my gx friend in woe, he have, i dont. The venom impression is a skill that can be a waste of time because it gives 50% more venom damage, but it is a 5 points skill, if you using it to mvp, is better to buy elemental converters, could be a little useful in pvp/woe but most people have elemental armors, dont know  5 skill points for 50% more poison damage, i dont like how it sound... But its a personal think man, if you think i'm wrong, please, tell me and make me see where i'm wrong, live and learn  :gawi:

Edited by RomeroMelo, 16 February 2015 - 05:00 PM.

#56 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:44 PM

if ur going to argue give reason for ur claim

Because despite being 30, I have the mind of a 14 year old.

[69 is a reference to a particular sexual position, and is a very commonly used joke -- similar to '420']

#57 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:55 PM

Looks like all the pros have a GX, hmmmm makes me wonder...

GX is super fun to play ^^

#58 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:58 PM

Because despite being 30, I have the mind of a 14 year old.

[69 is a reference to a particular sexual position, and is a very commonly used joke -- similar to '420']

hahaha, the best way to be, man, hi five o/

#59 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:13 PM

because like i said, when you have to use edp again you'll get some after cast delay, it can get you killed in woe ,if your edp ends in the middle of the fight, more time with edp means more time without after cast delay from it, antidote depends on you to go for or not, it is pretty usefull but i never needed it so i took it off and put one more in CI, it seemed more usefull to me... I'm not saying it is no good skill, yeah, it is a most GX must have, but i'm my personal build it wasnt that usefull to me, im always with my gx friend in woe, he have, i dont. The venom impression is a skill that can be a waste of time because it gives 50% more venom damage, but it is a 5 points skill, if you using it to mvp, is better to buy elemental converters, could be a little useful in pvp/woe but most people have elemental armors, dont know  5 skill points for 50% more poison damage, i dont like how it sound... But its a personal think man, if you think i'm wrong, please, tell me and make me see where i'm wrong, live and learn  :gawi:

I understand where ur comming from just means u have 1 min and 30 secs to fight before u run out of edp. and on my end i have about 1 min. u last 30 secs longer. but i dont think any gx would try to cast edp in a mob of woe people. wouldnt they back slide or cloak exceed to get away to re do edp and find another target?

#60 KudanSeishirou

KudanSeishirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:45 PM

I understand where ur comming from just means u have 1 min and 30 secs to fight before u run out of edp. and on my end i have about 1 min. u last 30 secs longer. but i dont think any gx would try to cast edp in a mob of woe people. wouldnt they back slide or cloak exceed to get away to re do edp and find another target?

This. what kind of GX that EDP inside of a mob of enemy ?????????

it's a common sense for GX already if their EDP runs out, swap to CK+shield, come back to precast and EDP there. and NOT keeping katar EDP inside a mob of enemy.  :wah:

also are you going to give advice on WoE GX or PVM GX ?? coz woe GX doesn't need poison research at 10, if it were me, i'd go for hallu walk and poison cloud. and of course antidote. (i find GX wo antidote is fail)

for PVM only you can go without poison cloud, coz it is useless. so you can get 10 on poison research.

#61 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:50 PM

i dont like how cross impact 3 sounds, and venom impression isnt worth it in my opinion... Please, dont f***cking put new poison research 5, it extends EDP duration, lvl 10 gives extra 30secs, it will be 1min and 30 sec with edp without having to stop for using it... please, put it 10... weapon blocking 4 is a waste too, if you going for katar, put it only lvl 1, and put CRS lvl 5, huuuuge damege, cant be underrated... I like this skill tree>> http://irowiki.org/~...dncBqseFrFeFcH1

Now, that I took a closer look to that skill build, it's obvious that you don't know how to play a GX, I mean...look closely.

Cloaking 6? You need it to be at 3 only.
No Antidote so if you get poisoned or your guild mates gets poisoned you're all messed up!
Nobody ever use Cross Impact so why get it maxed?
Why you get Venom Pressure maxed when nobody ever use that skill?
Also, your Poisonous Smoke is only level 1 so why would you get all the pre-req just to leave it at 1?

Edited by MegaEdge, 16 February 2015 - 07:51 PM.

#62 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:55 PM

back slide always save asses, but cloaking wont help, a good opponet will have MP or anything... A gx need to cast edp, Hallu walk, go to the middle and rc like a btch, CRS a ranger just to make shure, things like that, need to have cold blood to now when is time to retreat or go forward

#63 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:48 PM

it's a common sense for GX already if their EDP runs out, swap to CK+shield, come back to precast and EDP there. and NOT keeping katar EDP inside a mob of enemy.  :wah:

also are you going to give advice on WoE GX or PVM GX ?? coz woe GX doesn't need poison research at 10, if it were me, i'd go for hallu walk and poison cloud. and of course antidote. (i find GX wo antidote is fail)

for PVM only you can go without poison cloud, coz it is useless. so you can get 10 on poison research.

yeah, about the shield, i use a +9valk(thara), would a immune be the best or valk because of elemental resist? dont know, i like poison research 10, hallu 5 is a must have and i dont know if poison cloud 1 or 5 yet, now that we have 10 more skill pts, when i use to play it was job lvl 50 only...

And about CI, yeah i use it alot and it tends to me HK with a Guillotine Katar +12 with Samurai card... Wish i had a Thanatos  :sob: , btw how much cost a thana GX katar now?

#64 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:52 PM

well i do all three actuall woe, mvp, pvm. Also im not good at telling people how to play their classess. what ever fits them is fine i say. poison cloud lvl 1 is usefull if ur going ET solo and dont want to deal with high tier mobs that can hit lock u and u go boom. all the gx skills has a use i wouldnt call them useless. well thats my opinion. Also with out antidote its still viable like the person said above if there is another gx with u like a pair. u never know what combos u can do if a gx pair fights together.

Shalom on to u !

Now, that I took a closer look to that skill build, it's obvious that you don't know how to play a GX, I mean...look closely.

Cloaking 6? You need it to be at 3 only.
No Antidote so if you get poisoned or your guild mates gets poisoned you're all messed up!
Nobody ever use Cross Impact so why get it maxed?
Why you get Venom Pressure maxed when nobody ever use that skill?
Also, your Poisonous Smoke is only level 1 so why would you get all the pre-req just to leave it at 1?

Again anyone can play a class how they see fit. i have cross impact max my self and i can do about 80k damage agaisnt some monsters. some go as high as 110k so i understand if some people max it. Now if u talk about woe, ive seen suras drop to a double cast CI so its pretty viable at lvl 5 i say. also venom pressur max is pretty good since i get 95% to poison ur targets. Ive not tried it yet but i believe with 95% u can almost poison all ur foes except oblivion curse. *needs testing*

And lvl 1 poison smoke is still good wither u increase it to 5 or just one will give same effect only difference is time so its cool at lvl 1.

Shalom on to you !

back slide always save asses, but cloaking wont help, a good opponet will have MP or anything... A gx need to cast edp, Hallu walk, go to the middle and rc like a btch, CRS a ranger just to make shure, things like that, need to have cold blood to now when is time to retreat or go forward

Even with MP cloak exceed keeps u hiddin for about 7 hits prob so u can still get away from other people for a time. Not everyone in woe has MP. *Tested*

yeah, about the shield, i use a +9valk(thara), would a immune be the best or valk because of elemental resist? dont know, i like poison research 10, hallu 5 is a must have and i dont know if poison cloud 1 or 5 yet, now that we have 10 more skill pts, when i use to play it was job lvl 50 only...

And about CI, yeah i use it alot and it tends to me HK with a Guillotine Katar +12 with Samurai card... Wish i had a Thanatos  :sob: , btw how much cost a thana GX katar now?

I say immune because gx are mainly waiting for rangers or melee classes to attk from what i see. and TT GK katar is about 100+bill. i have lvl 4 h walk since i want lvl 5 venom impress and poison smoke lvl 1. it works for me but maybe some advice is in order if possible ^.^

Shalom on to you !

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 16 February 2015 - 09:00 PM.

#65 kengtot

kengtot

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, California
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:07 PM

if you going for faw build, i think 69 dex is too low, are you going to be full crit or versatile woe build... Katar or DD?

prolly around 80/80 on dex and luck huh... i want a hybrid type one that can pvp mvp pvm woe and can use both katar and DD.. is that too much to ask for hahahah  :rice:  :rice:

#66 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:07 PM

well i do all three actuall woe, mvp, pvm. Also im not good at telling people how to play their classess. what ever fits them is fine i say. poison cloud lvl 1 is usefull if ur going ET solo and dont want to deal with high tier mobs that can hit lock u and u go boom. all the gx skills has a use i wouldnt call them useless. well thats my opinion. Also with out antidote its still viable like the person said above if there is another gx with u like a pair. u never know what combos u can do if a gx pair fights together.

Shalom on to u !

Again anyone can play a class how they see fit. i have cross impact max my self and i can do about 80k damage agaisnt some monsters. some go as high as 110k so i understand if some people max it. Now if u talk about woe, ive seen suras drop to a double cast CI so its pretty viable at lvl 5 i say. also venom pressur max is pretty good since i get 95% to poison ur targets. Ive not tried it yet but i believe with 95% u can almost poison all ur foes except oblivion curse. *needs testing*

And lvl 1 poison smoke is still good wither u increase it to 5 or just one will give same effect only difference is time so its cool at lvl 1.

Shalom on to you !

Even with MP cloak exceed keeps u hiddin for about 7 hits prob so u can still get away from other people for a time. Not everyone in woe has MP. *Tested*

I say immune because gx are mainly waiting for rangers or melee classes to attk from what i see. and TT GK katar is about 100+bill. i have lvl 4 h walk since i want lvl 5 venom impress and poison smoke lvl 1. it works for me but maybe some advice is in order if possible ^.^

Shalom on to you !

Poison smoke 1 works for me too, using it in recallers muhaha, i dont have a immune for i expended all my money on my katar, but for now valk is saving me for i still have a GR... yeah, and GX is a versatile class, so good to know how many possibilities you have to build, every build is a new one i like that kind of thing.. And again the shield thing, so a immune with GTB would be the GODlike shield.. cant afford it for now and gtb is so hunted i pitty him haha Thank you man

#67 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:10 PM

prolly around 80/80 on dex and luck huh... i want a hybrid type one that can pvp mvp pvm woe and can use both katar and DD.. is that too much to ask for hahahah  :rice:  :rice:

80/80 will give a nice hit and nice crit with Sharp enchants, its not too much to ask, gx is a versatile class as i see it, i'm creating now a DDcrit, it seems to be soo fun...

#68 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:22 PM

Its possible but very expensive ^.^ Look up the first guide in the thief forums :)

Shalom on to you!

Poison smoke 1 works for me too, using it in recallers muhaha, i dont have a immune for i expended all my money on my katar, but for now valk is saving me for i still have a GR... yeah, and GX is a versatile class, so good to know how many possibilities you have to build, every build is a new one i like that kind of thing.. And again the shield thing, so a immune with GTB would be the GODlike shield.. cant afford it for now and gtb is so hunted i pitty him haha Thank you man

Yup out of all the classess in game the Thief class kept  its versatility through out the game play while the others fell into the 2 way street of game play. Im glad im a main GK user ^.^

Shalom on to you!

#69 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:28 PM

Its possible but very expensive ^.^ Look up the first guide in the thief forums :)

Shalom on to you!

Yup out of all the classess in game the Thief class kept  its versatility through out the game play while the others fell into the 2 way street of game play. Im glad im a main GK user ^.^

Shalom on to you!

i saw that guide, that why i liked that, a DDcrit for MvPing and my Katar for woe, etc... GK? Gipsy Kiss? haha

#70 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:38 PM

Same idea i like his guide and i use it as a base for my daggers as well but im mainly a katar user and would use dagger when the needs arise type of thing. only problem i have now is my stats dex vs luk

#71 SkyFire

SkyFire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:06 AM

So I'm reading this post, and I don't really see a problem with any of these builds. If you fought one another, You would notice that it's not really a matter of builds but more a difference in styles.

Here's a thought for fellow GXs. I use a gx with 1 agi on it for pvp/woe/and leveling. I don't use crits or rolling cutter as a style and I'm not sure how much I like it yet. I rely on dancing, immobilizing, and swords for this character. I wonder if there's any way to improve him hmm.

The basic stats at the moment are 120vit, 120str, 1agi, some int, some luck. I'm around level 160.

Main skills used are chained cross impacts, and venom pressure combos.

What could I be not considering which may improve this gx?

Edited by SkyFire, 17 February 2015 - 08:44 AM.

#72 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:40 AM

For a starter GX, what build would you recommend?

#73 KudanSeishirou

KudanSeishirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:21 AM

valk probably a better shield atm, since it reduce both DB element. i personally have the immune shield, in case they give us the buff later  :sob: . you just need poison cloud at 1 imo. and yes, thana GX katar is most desired katar for GX  :rice:

poison cloud lvl 1 is usefull if ur going ET solo and dont want to deal with high tier mobs that can hit lock u and u go boom. 

you actually use poison in pvm ?? the only moment i use poison in PVM that i can remember and still using till now is during nid run. i just LE all of his guardian and go waiting at the portal. well i don't play my GX that much anymore.  :heh:

#74 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

So I'm reading this post, and I don't really see a problem with any of these builds. If you fought one another, You would notice that it's not really a matter of builds but more a difference in styles.

Here's a thought for fellow GXs. I use a gx with 1 agi on it for pvp/woe/and leveling. I don't use crits or rolling cutter as a style and I'm not sure how much I like it yet. I rely on dancing, immobilizing, and swords for this character. I wonder if there's any way to improve him hmm.

The basic stats at the moment are 120vit, 120str, 1agi, some int, some luck. I'm around level 160.

Main skills used are chained cross impacts, and venom pressure combos.

What could I be not considering which may improve this gx?

Have u tried using counter skills on ur gx?

For a starter GX, what build would you recommend?

Depends what kind of GX you would like to be. First look at the skills and pick which skills u could see ur self using most of all and u can figure it out from there. ^.^

valk probably a better shield atm, since it reduce both DB element. i personally have the immune shield, in case they give us the buff later  :sob: . you just need poison cloud at 1 imo. and yes, thana GX katar is most desired katar for GX  :rice:

you actually use poison in pvm ?? the only moment i use poison in PVM that i can remember and still using till now is during nid run. i just LE all of his guardian and go waiting at the portal. well i don't play my GX that much anymore.  :heh:

Yes a thana GK Katar is the most sough after MVP card right now to get. But few ever get it. Then again the Thana isn't the only Card or GK the only katar to do beautiful damage. ^.^

And yes i use Poison skills outside of woe,pvm. I dont see why not to be honest. Everything is speed kill this and that like its a race. A well placed poison on a monster and i can sit and make some +10 food with my cook book as it dies ya know. Even gives me time to think about what next thing to do instead of mindlessly hacking at monsters and spamming the f keys for potting my self to survive. Let the poison do the work for you and relax. Got nothing to loos from that and everything to gain. ^.^

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 17 February 2015 - 10:51 AM.

#75 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

Have u tried using counter skills on ur gx?

Depends what kind of GX you would like to be. First look at the skills and pick which skills u could see ur self using most of all and u can figure it out from there. ^.^

Yes a thana GK Katar is the most sough after MVP card right now to get. But few ever get it. Then again the Thana isn't the only Card or GK the only katar to do beautiful damage. ^.^

And yes i use Poison skills outside of woe,pvm. I dont see why not to be honest. Everything is speed kill this and that like its a race. A well placed poison on a monster and i can sit and make some +10 food with my cook book as it dies ya know. Even gives me time to think about what next thing to do instead of mindlessly hacking at monsters and spamming the f keys for potting my self to survive. Let the poison do the work for you and relax. Got nothing to loos from that and everything to gain. ^.^

yeah, a GX katar with Samurai do a pretty good dmg, despite thana is the best, but if it really is 100b, i'll take if off my purchase lista hahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users