Level 175 GX stat/skill build!? - Page 6 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Level 175 GX stat/skill build!?

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#126 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:42 AM

Ah cool thanks!

I'm really annoyed I'll never be able to go DD crit, it just looks awesome.

Don't worry bud, there is new equipment coming sometime for katars. Also dd crit is expensive. Very expensive. So I would suggest making a bunch of money with your current gx and then make a second one with that in mind.

#127 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:53 AM

What is it that makes DD better? More damage or something else?

I'll never remake, there would be 0 entertainment value in doing the whole thing again sadly.

#128 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:14 AM

What is it that makes DD better? More damage or something else?

I'll never remake, there would be 0 entertainment value in doing the whole thing again sadly.

DD crit is only better dor single target kills. For mobbing katars is way better as the damage will be much higher.

The reason dd crit can potentially do more dmg than katars is because of the daggers. They have a bunch of slots compare to katars. You have essentially 4 slots available vs 1 or 2 on katars.

For skills katars is better because of RC. While DD crit can also RC they cant so as much dmg as we so because they need katar mastery and advance katar mastery which they dont have. They need double attack for those skills and, the whole reason of changing at 42 job is to prevent double attack, so you can see how their dmg will be lower.

I persobally prefer katars, and I can still use daggers just not the crit part. You will have very high damage still as a dagger gx.

You also have the option of going crit katar and Double attack dagger(hybrid).

GX is pretty awesome, lots of variations. DD crit is a specialized build for sure.

Some enjoy it but If I had to remake my GX I would still be going full katars with the option of double attack daggers.

#129 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:24 AM

MVP is all about single target damage though isn't it, and from what I see that's what end-game play will be about for me. WoE isn't an option so that leaves smashing up bosses.

#130 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:43 AM

MVP is all about single target damage though isn't it, and from what I see that's what end-game play will be about for me. WoE isn't an option so that leaves smashing up bosses.

End game is whatever makes you have fun, MVPs, party with friend and do stuff, WOE, Instances, going to impossible places like Bio3 and proving you can do things others can't, help newbies, craft items, create a guild, buy a bunch of BB and kill them all, going into PvP, making a bunch of zeny, etc. the more stuff u can do with your char, the more versatile it is the more fun you will potentially have.

P.S: excuse my spelling and grammar. Typing really fast from my iPhone.

Edited by MoyuZ777, 05 July 2015 - 07:46 AM.

#131 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

Sure, but you can single target quite effectively with katars. RC is a perfectly viable way to kill many bosses, and you can DD many bosses without crits. 

For example, when doing OGH I use dual-daggers despite the lack of crit cards (aunoe, fatal faw, etc.) and only 70 crit. This is primarily because some bosses get absolutely destroyed when you put an ice-pick into the equation. Obviously, a thanatos card will make nearly any weapon as good if not better than an icepick, but with daggers you can have the effect for 30 or so mil instead of say billllions of zenny that the card would cost. 

The combination of EDP + elemental converter + dark claw + occult impaction effect is super fun to mess with. 

Edited by mikayel, 05 July 2015 - 10:21 AM.

#132 iannsong87

iannsong87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

Sure, but you can single target quite effectively with katars. RC is a perfectly viable way to kill many bosses, and you can DD many bosses without crits. 

For example, when doing OGH I use dual-daggers despite the lack of crit cards (aunoe, fatal faw, etc.) and only 70 crit. This is primarily because some bosses get absolutely destroyed when you put an ice-pick into the equation. Obviously, a thanatos card will make nearly any weapon as good if not better than an icepick, but with daggers you can have the effect for 30 or so mil instead of say billllions of zenny that the card would cost. 

The combination of EDP + elemental converter + dark claw + occult impaction effect is super fun to mess with. 

i'll have to agree with this, eventho im more to katar, high def mvp gonna die faster with ice pick xD

#133 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:00 AM

Which card costs billions? o.O

#134 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:09 AM

Memory of Thanatos card (MVP), gives the slotted weapon 'occult impaction' style damage, which the ice pick has built into it. 

#135 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:54 AM

Oh okay, I thought you meant the katar not the card!

#136 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:54 PM

Oh okay, I thought you meant the katar not the card!

but you said

Which card costs billions? o.O

o.O

#137 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:19 AM

Did you just come to troll?

It was in reference to his first post.

#138 kengtot

kengtot

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, California
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:26 PM

out of topic which card is best for a +12 Chakram FS7/7 paired with Sincuff??  x2 Aunoe or x2 AK (for bosses)!!?? just to make sure lol. thxx

edit: Aunoe vs Abysmal Knight on Chakram+sincuff found it lol. nvm ^_^

Edited by kengtot, 19 July 2015 - 12:37 PM.

#139 kengtot

kengtot

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:27 AM

bumping this up so people can see and discuss further!

#140 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:35 AM

Kengtot, are you still rocking the build you posted a few pages back?

I was aiming to go with that same build after I hit 175.

What are your thoughts on it?

#141 FenrirV01

FenrirV01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:13 PM

my stats as of the moment, Lv150/50

Str~90

Agi~94

Vit~90

Int~1

Dex~80

Luk~90

my path is of the RC/CRS, Crit Katar. upon becoming 175/60 i will be investing some Vit for stun immunity,make my Agi to 120 and if the rest probably to Luk or Str. is this build sufficient enough to do some MVP and instances. as of the moment i can solo most instances while potting like a mad man due to lack of leech gears or with the help of my AB

#142 kengtot

kengtot

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:33 AM

Kengtot, are you still rocking the build you posted a few pages back?

I was aiming to go with that same build after I hit 175.

What are your thoughts on it?

yeah its good for starters without billions of zennies for equips. HBP is a cheaper version of the FAW so every1 can definitely buy it. i have alot of changes but regarding stats im not changing it coz i PVP and WoE with that build ^_^, aspd version lmao. 

#143 kengtot

kengtot

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:34 AM

try to invest for a vanargand or rwh and a lifesteal katar. i suggest that u do ghost palace instance and farm your thanatos if u wanna save some zennies and put a hunterfly card on it.

#144 8009140726100100840

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:38 AM

im at 160 now my stats is

113str
110agi
70vit
90dex
60luk

please no bashers. i know im noob

#145 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 March 2016 - 04:41 PM

yeah its good for starters without billions of zennies for equips. HBP is a cheaper version of the FAW so every1 can definitely buy it. i have alot of changes but regarding stats im not changing it coz i PVP and WoE with that build ^_^, aspd version lmao. 

Cool, I am 172 and looking forward to reach 175 and then reset my stats =)

#146 kengtot

kengtot

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:24 AM

if u want a really hard hitting gx on pvp or woe 120 str and get a temp boots of str fs7 atk delay and +12 white drooping and fs faw. your rc will kill anyone specially when the gbr procs. :rice:

note: mine's tailored for MVP(critical katar or dualdagger doubleattack + aspd193), WOE (RC+CRS) and PVP (RC+CRS/CI) so im not changing it.

i do decent on all these categories. katar or dd.

Edited by kengtot, 07 March 2016 - 07:37 AM.

#147 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:41 PM

Thanks Kengtot. I am now 173 and reset my stats :)

I will be adding 100 to my str instead of my vit since I am more PVM/MVP oriented.

Edit: I did OGH run with it and the build feels much much better. 191 asdp and I am not fully buffed. I can easily reach 193 when fully buffed but it is buff dependant and want to reduce the amount of supplies I am using.

I will post my OGH run here. Not sure if it is worth doing a walkthrough commentary, I've seen Havenn walkthrough but no other ones.

Edited by MoyuZ777, 10 March 2016 - 08:12 AM.

#148 kengtot

kengtot

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:47 AM

Thanks Kengtot. I am now 173 and reset my stats :)

I will be adding 100 to my str instead of my vit since I am more PVM/MVP oriented.

Edit: I did OGH run with it and the build feels much much better. 191 asdp and I am not fully buffed. I easily reach 193 when fully buffed but it is buff dependant and want tk reduce the amount of supplies I am using.

I post my OGH run here. Not sure if it is worth doing a walkthrough commentary, I've seen Havenn walkthrough but no other ones.

yeah u can post that on the gx mvp videos. no worries every1 will like it  :p_hi:

#149 xMLGzus

xMLGzus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1117 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:33 AM

RC Build GX Solo OGH Run 

Gears/ Stats/ 

Damage with/without EDP,Leo Crown, Converters :) 

Hope you enjoy 

#150 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:54 PM

if u want a really hard hitting gx on pvp or woe 120 str and get a temp boots of str fs7 atk delay and +12 white drooping and fs faw. your rc will kill anyone specially when the gbr procs. :rice:

note: mine's tailored for MVP(critical katar or dualdagger doubleattack + aspd193), WOE (RC+CRS) and PVP (RC+CRS/CI) so im not changing it.

i do decent on all these categories. katar or dd.

Dont you think a +12 CEB is better for woe/pvp purpose? Midium bonus dmg/def all the time, might be better then a chance to get a huge dmg in this case. But it will only be a real question til july, when Dead men's graveyard helm comes out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users