#1 Snorlitax

Snorlitax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:18 AM

Hello! So, I would very much appreciate some advice on priorities to improve my Sorc's gear and life =)

She is level 105 and has:

Gear:

Headgear: +9 Skull Cap (aiming to get a Kathryne Keyron card)
Mid: Just a Robo-Eye (see question 3 on Ungoliant card)

Bottom: nothing.

Armor: Orleans's Gown (uncarded)
Garment: +9 Immune FAW, Spell 19 

Weapon: +9 TSoD, currently Spell 2/4

Footgear: Enhanced Variant Shoes (uncarded - what can I put in here?)

Accesories: she's still using her Green Apple Ring and the Healing Nile Rose she used as a Sage/Scholar

Stats: INT 113, DEX 80, VIT 40. Aiming for INT 120, DEX 100 and VIT 100 someday in a distant future.

Economy: I have less than 1 billion, so I can't afford everything at the same time, thus need to set priorities. 

Questions:

1) Is her stat build ok? How should I go on? I was thinking of finishing INT first, but I'm not sure.

2) Gear wise, which should be my priorities?
      - Getting the KK card?
      - Upping the weapon?  Improving its spells? (I don't really know/understand what the best spells for TSoD are).
      - Getting mid and bottom headgears?
      - Upping and carding the shoes? Which card?

- Getting decent accesories? Shield?

- Other

3) I have an Ungoliant card in storage, and I'd like to put it somewhere. Which would be the best headgear to do so?

To whoever might help me, thanks a lot in advance  :p_hi:

#2 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:52 AM

Im assuming this is for PVM

1. Yes, debatable. int would give you more damages. hit harder. There are 2 ways to get faster cast. Dex *2 + int = 530, or through gears/strings. perfect strings would give you 50%. Or you can choose not to rely on strings, and get 100% variable cast reduction. Stats and equip cast time are multiplicative, meaning you can never achieve instantcast through both means, (a decimal multiplied by another decimal will never reach 1.0) so the more gear you have to decrease cast time, the lower you can drop your dex, and vice versa. Stats is more expensive to upkeep though. 

2. Things look fine. I'd recommend getting RWC pendants (spell 3/3/int3 best roll) with scaraba cards (not gold scaraba) for more damage. The pendants would give you (max 32%) cast reduction, FAW would give you another 30, TSOD+ SC combo would give you another 30%-40%~. What i recommend is getting a pair of Temporal Int shoes with Spell 5/Runaway magic. They're amazing for sorcerers. that gear setup would put you at 100% variable cast time and you would hit like a tank everytime the shoes proc. (+200 int proc would double your damage at least) After that, Then its just simple fine tuning, KK for the Skull cap, +10 for the headgear, +10 or higher for the TSOD. (my tsod is Spell4/int5 because i can get away with only needing one spell enchant) If you manage it well enough, you can actually afford to lose ALL your dex, if you have over 100% variable cast time reduction, (I get around 115-120% variable cast time reduction so i can default an orleans gown and still maintain instantcast with 1 dex). Shield i'd say a valk hodremlin for all around, or a set of racial reduction valk shields. After that, i'd try to stack int for more damages. lower headgear: love balloons. Mid headgear: ESL BFG. ESL BFG is the most int you can get in a mid headgear, (+4) iirc.

* a lot of people are against low dex/no dex builds because they make the arguement that every 5 dex = 1 matk, but int is more of a factor in sorc damage formulas than matk. (its a direct multiplier, while matk i believe is additive in the formula)

If you're dead set on using the enhanced variants, then i'd put in a firelock (for universal usage,) or green ferus, cause you don't need the STR. 

3. Why do you need an ungoliant. You have indulge.

out of the 8 (caster) sorcs i have, The one i'm leveling now has a stat build of 125 int, 120 vit, 50 str, 50 agi, 30 luk 1dex (its like lvl 160)

#3 Snorlitax

Snorlitax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

Thank you very much, Lapphy  :p_hi:

Well, the Ungoliant card might be useful for other chars, maybe, so I'd like to know where to slot it. My Sorc, atm, shares her gear with my Gene; she's supposedly my main, so I buy stuff for her, not the Gene; meanwhile, as he has no gear, he borrows hers. Better than Eden I suppose  :heh: 

Thank you very much for the explanation on how cast time reductions work.

What about those Sound Amplifiers that seem to be in fashion now?

#4 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

sorcs can't wear em

#5 Snorlitax

Snorlitax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:53 PM

Ohh, I see. Thanks a lot <3

#6 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

Important thing, dont forget your kahii slave...back on topic i think you have other option either. you can also reach for the instant variable cast and rely on temporal dex, so you will need to get 120 dex (maybe for later) the big thing about the temporal dex is that you get 0.5s reduction on fixed cast time, so think about this, you have 100% variable cast time reduced by gear as Lapphy told you, and also had 0.5s from the fixed from all your spells, that is basically 0.2 seconds on PW with any summon out, so you can play with your elements and have a 0.2 PW endowed with fire/water/wind without had to be worried about the cast time.

Thats of course maybe a more higer bet and maybe you need more level to try to achieve that, but is pretty fun, i dont have as many sorcs, only two, but i prefer the dex over the int ones, because gives me more versatility. Oh also, i use two boots, one with the runaway magic (that gives you 200 int proc) and ones with firelock because even if the 200 int proc is awesome, is not that practical to leveling with for example kahii, because your SP goes down too fast, thats works wonders for me anyway, and i can solo a lot of places without having to use a single white or supply (well maybe some ygg leafs to resu my linker xD) and i can solo some low tiers mvps as well tanking with kahii.

This is just a suggestion that in no way deny what lapphy said, is just another option. Oh and good luck with your sorc, is a super fun class, you will enjoy.

#7 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:46 PM

Dex boots are awesome, yes, But my arguement is, with variable reduction on gear, (since thats what you're trying to gear towards from Original post,) is that it takes less levels to do higher damage, because, when you level initially, your stats are what, 99dex, 99 int, 25 vit? cookie cutter scholar? once you get the initial levels, your damage won't be as high if you were able to pump int first. I think i went dex, vit, int in order to survive and not get stunned so int was really low to start off cause i had used the free reset to immediately get 110~ dex.

The reason i have so many sorcs is because its indefinitely cheaper to level using kaahi, TIs, than it is to reset to test builds, so dex boots, int boots, 2x stats instant, Plus i have a sorc in all levels of TI, then a baby. 

#8 Snorlitax

Snorlitax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:23 AM

Haha, you guys are Sorc pros. Thank you very much <3
Lapphy, I've just noticed your signature is a Sorc with a ... TSoD? and a Skull Cap. Sweeet, he looks cuuute!!  :p_laugh:

Well, I went the INT way so far, I think... because my INT is currently 113. I should probably give her a bit more VIT because she's a complete flan.

As for the Kaahi way: I was Kaahied once and it was awesome, but how many Linkers do I need for that? I have one recently made Linker that I made with Janeway with the intention to use her for my potter. The consequence of Janeway is that, unless they're classes that you know in advance, you can end up with a 99/50 char of a class you know nothing about. I have no clue of which stats she should have or anything. I need to search the Expanded Classes forum.

Edited by Snorlitax, 13 January 2015 - 02:23 AM.

#9 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:26 AM

1 linker. Marry yourself to the linker. Get kaahi. Win.

#10 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:32 AM

Yeah statwise is better at the begining use int boots, maybe later you can change to dex boots, lets say on 13x or something, of course an int based sorc will do more dmg because of the formula on spells. Anyway you only need one linker, just marry him and thats it, if not, you will need 2 of them one to soul link the linker so the other can give you kahii. And about the vit, is important because of what Lapphy said, 100 total vit is equal to (of course more hp) but also stun immunity, and that when you are soloing is super important. Beside of that and outside turn in maps over 100+ you can level anywhere with kahii, because basically you will level supply free.

#11 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

i do carry sp and hp pots, because when the boots proc, you lose SP on top of kaahi, and instead of spending 1/2 the time indulging, i'll just seed or blue, kill mob, then when the proc wears off, Indulge it back up again. 

#12 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:27 PM

yeah thats what im saying, i prefer use ones with no proc for leveling purposes, when i do something that i require a lot of dmg i use the runaway ones so i can use berrys or something like that, for example when i mvp something i prefer dmg over supplies, so i use those damage wise, but imho i think there is nothing that you cant kill in like 1 or 2 cycles.

#13 Snorlitax

Snorlitax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

Thank you very much!! And sadly, my Sorc is engaged to my bf's Sura XD
I'll have to make a 2nd linker. Meanwhile I can get the shoes you guys told me. Thanks! =D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users