/nc /ns etc and Username field issues - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

/nc /ns etc and Username field issues

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:38 AM

I've noticed that when I run Classic, it forgets some of my preferences. Iirc, at one point, I had the /nc and /ns options stuck on in Classic (which I preferred.) And my hotkey bar in the lower right corner of my screen. However, after multi-clienting in Renewal a while back, (I had to shut off /nc and /ns to get one of the characters to auto-follow the other...) my Classic client "forgot" that I prefer /nc /ns on. And my hotkey bar loads up in the middle of my screen. I leave it in the top right on Renewal. I never have to move it.

On top of that, if I log into Classic, it'll auto-populate the username field with the last account I used on Renewal, even if I don't use that account on Classic. Even if I log into Classic on my main account, if I log out to character select screen, then click "cancel", it'll go back to the password screen with the same account (the last one I used on Renewal) in the username field again. I never have any of these problems with Chaos.

I've checked out the setup file for Classic (doesn't help, obviously) and have searched the forums, but couldn't find anything. Is there a way to get Classic to remember these things for me?

#2 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:41 AM

Might have to do with running as Admin.

Or maybe a patch/server restart force reset it?

Those are my best theories. x.x

#3 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:43 AM

the game saves whatever your most recent client settings are from my experience. so usually when i'm multiclienting i'll have effects off for all except the client i'm maining. but when i close my clients, if i close one of the clients w/ effects off last, the next time i boot up RO, the effects will be off by default. i assume it'll be the same case for other slash commands. this also holds true for party window setups (locked vs unlocked).

#4 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

the game saves whatever your most recent client settings are from my experience. so usually when i'm multiclienting i'll have effects off for all except the client i'm maining. but when i close my clients, if i close one of the clients w/ effects off last, the next time i boot up RO, the effects will be off by default. i assume it'll be the same case for other slash commands. this also holds true for party window setups (locked vs unlocked).

That's the thing, I rarely disable the no ctrl and no shift commands. I've done it maybe twice so far in Renewal (since I've started playing the Loki server), and I've never done it in Classic at all. I wasn't even in Classic at the time. I always play with /nc and /ns enabled. But Classic always starts with those disabled now.

And I figured that both servers were separate enough that one wouldn't be able to "detect" which account I logged into last on the other. If they are kind of tied together, how do I get Classic to remember the slash commands when I first log in?

#5 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

Might have to do with running as Admin.

Or maybe a patch/server restart force reset it?

Those are my best theories. x.x

I'm running Windows 7, and have my computer set to where whenever I patch either of the servers, they automatically run as admin. Also, those problems happen every time I log into Loki. Not just after a patch or server reset. But unless there's a rollback, even restarts and patches won't make your client "forget" settings, can it?

#6 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:48 PM

sounds like something that should be saving down is no longer doing so for classic. does renewal still save your settings down properly?

#7 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:38 PM

sounds like something that should be saving down is no longer doing so for classic. does renewal still save your settings down properly?

Yes. I have no issues at all with Renewal.

#8 MorseCoder

MorseCoder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:59 PM

When you go to the 'savedata' folder where you've installed RO on your computer, do you see a separate set of the files below for Classic vs. Renewal?

ChatWndInfo_U.lua

OptionInfo.lua

If you only see one set of these files, I'm guessing that both Classic and Renewal write to and read from the same files, but Classic vs. Renewal are not treated as distinct from one another.

Edited by MorseCoder, 13 January 2015 - 02:59 PM.

#9 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:12 PM

One set. Here's the complete contents of that folder:

ChatWndInfo_U.lua

OptionInfo.lua

UserKeys.lua

That's it.

#10 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:45 AM

I'm running Windows 7, and have my computer set to where whenever I patch either of the servers, they automatically run as admin. Also, those problems happen every time I log into Loki. Not just after a patch or server reset. But unless there's a rollback, even restarts and patches won't make your client "forget" settings, can it?

I'm not sure. Even if not, it's something to test and scratch off? :3

#11 MorseCoder

MorseCoder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:37 AM

The ChatWndInfo_U.lua and OptionInfo.lua are both present in the "savedata" and "data" directories. Couple of things to test:

- Do not have Renewal client open. When you run and exit Classic client, do those files get modified in either directory? (I know that Renewal writes to those files in the "savedata" directory.)

- Try changing the settings in the OptionInfo.lua file in the "data" directory.

Seems like an oversight of architecture, though. If my guess is right, Classic and Renewal write to and read from the same files, so the settings most recently used (regardless of client) will be in place the next time you run either client.

#12 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

This sounds like textbook UAC bull-_-. Unlike renewal client, classic has not been updated to correctly save settings on systems with UAC enabled. 

Make sure that both the patcher, AND the executable itself (clragexe I think?) are set to always run as admin - running everything related to RO as admin should fix it. Also, make sure RO isn't installed inside program files - that'll just introduce another layer of UAC confusion. 

One set. Here's the complete contents of that folder:

ChatWndInfo_U.lua

OptionInfo.lua

UserKeys.lua

That's it.

Those are only used by renewal - I'm pretty sure classic doesn't use the .lua setting files - that was added with renewal. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 14 January 2015 - 10:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users