[Classic] PvP Event Insight 2015! (ROCS formatting help) - Page 4 - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Classic] PvP Event Insight 2015! (ROCS formatting help)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#76 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:46 PM

Carts will be disabled for that reason. It's either no carts or consumables allowed. There is no way around it. Was a tough call, but no consumables was more important. You can still participate with a master smith and provide utility with repairs or damage with mammo. It won't be the same, I understand.

#77 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:10 PM

Carts will be disabled for that reason. It's either no carts or consumables allowed. There is no way around it. Was a tough call, but no consumables was more important. You can still participate with a master smith and provide utility with repairs or damage with mammo. It won't be the same, I understand.

That isn't really fair at all for a master smith player in the least.  Should just let them use their cart but force them to put 8000 weight of junk items in it.

#78 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:00 PM

That isn't really fair at all for a master smith player in the least. Should just let them use their cart but force them to put 8000 weight of junk items in it.

I agree that it's not fair. I might have a solution for it. Force a vend before match begins with 8k flowers in it or something along those lines. Would have to test for potential abuse, but that won't take me long once maps up.

#79 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:22 AM

Then you need to disable kafra cards in that map.

#80 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:38 AM

Weren't they able to make a no consumables event woe? Surely they could do the same with the map...

#81 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:19 PM

Then you need to disable kafra cards in that map.

Yup. I have a list of hundreds of things to be disabled. Should have every possible thing and I will be doing extensive testing as well to see how much I can "break" the map. I'm pretty amazing at it and it should be perfect for the go live.

Part of it will be on the players and since it is going to be a long tournament "messing up" and getting kicked from it will cost people the chance of winning MVP cards and things on that "tier". So there is that if something passes by me/us. 

Weren't they able to make a no consumables event woe? Surely they could do the same with the map...

Yes and I wasn't able to participate/test during it. From my understanding there were things that got by. All info I have is directly based off of what Camp has told me and that is what I have to work with. 

#82 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:01 AM

Keep poking him

#83 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:10 AM

MhNRwT1.gif

#84 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:36 AM

Yes and I wasn't able to participate/test during it. From my understanding there were things that got by. All info I have is directly based off of what Camp has told me and that is what I have to work with. 

I think they forgot to disable % recovery consumables(seeds/berries...) in that event woe so you may want to double check that.

#85 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:58 AM

You guys don't need to worry about the items and stuff. Between my testing/abusing the map and updates to map to counter that... It should all be taken care of by the time it goes live. There will be a couple of things that will just be easy to bypass (amount of edp bottles and acids), but that will be so easy to catch it's not even funny. I am not going to mention, here, how that will be able to be done but I'll have my eyes peeled for it :)

Here is an example of a few of the things disabled.

MVP cards to disable...

Spoiler

Mini Boss cards to disable

Spoiler

God items to disable

Spoiler

Consumables (HP) to disable

Spoiler

Consumables (non hp) to disable

Spoiler

Skills blocked/alternatives

Spoiler

What I would like to know is...

1. As a spectator what do you want to see?

2. As a participant would you want to do this once a month and how interested are you in seeing all of the stats afterwards. For example having continuing Kill/Death ratios, amount of healing done, amount of damage done ect ect. I would love to get really into the stats and have everything track-able (via my own doing) which would be a lot of fun as the "season" goes on to talk about different teams with hard numbers. I do not know if this would be discouraging to anybody or if people could careless. I just don't want to offend anybody.

#86 Macrocosmus

Macrocosmus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:02 AM

Are you going to watch replays and count every heal cast to accumulate those stats?

#87 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:10 AM

Are you going to watch replays and count every heal cast to accumulate those stats?

Yup. I have plenty of free time at my internship and it is a nice break from building databases :)

It doesn't take quite as long as it seems. I've done it in practice 1v1's, it would just require watching the fight 6 times over at half speed. Again, it is a nice break from building /spin.

#88 Macrocosmus

Macrocosmus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:17 AM

Excellent. Can we have counts of all skills used as to not alienate classes used?

#89 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:53 AM

Possibly. The biggest things I'd want to track is...

Team wise I'd want to keep track of kills/deaths/damage dealt/damage received/healing done

Player wise I'd want to do kills/deaths/damage dealt/damage received/healing done

I was struggling to come up with an idea on how to reward classes such as (FS) scholars for example. They really wont deal damage or heal, however it would be tough to measure "assists".

Skill casting could be measured, however that doesn't mean quite so much. I am thinking along the lines of "successful" skill casting might be more important to track. Maybe label this as "plays made". An example of this, again using the FS scholar, would be if a scholar was spamming spell break on a high wizard. I could honestly care less if they cast it 100 times, I am more interested in seeing how many spells they successfully broke.

So for a player "card", it might look something like this after each week.

Name: Undying

Class: Gunslinger

Team: Rocket

Wins: 3 out of 4 (75%)

Kills: 7

Deaths: 1

Damage Dealt: 59,046

Damage Received: 10,358

Healing Done: 0

Play making: 3

Same type of thing for team. This would make announcing very interesting and bring raw numbers to the table. This could also make "big" match ups on paper. For example, "out of the 8 teams participating team Rocket has Undying with the highest Damage Dealt in the ROCS so far facing off against team Hot Pocket who has Hiroshima with the second highest Damage Dealt in the ROCS so far! The deciding factor might come down to the support classes which team Hot Pocket has Risorsk with the highest healing done in the ROCS. Should be a great match up for our main event!...."

Thoughts?

#90 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

Awesome idea!

Persistent stats really open up the community to events like this. It'll be fun tracking each person's stats, making bets on outcomes/dream teams (if the event really kicks off), trying to improve oneself in the case of tracking your own stats, and tons of other things. Measuring contribution beyond simple KD ratios is also great for recognizing the "unsung heroes" of teamplay, the support classes, and would give them more incentive to pick such a role instead of going full damage dealer.

+1 I'd love to see this happen.

#91 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:13 AM

MhNRwT1.gif

That is actually so sad. :/

RIP Spock. Please piss on the west pro baptist church from heaven when they try to crash your funeral.

#92 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:04 PM

Maybe the cards and stats need to be classed based for class comparison

#93 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:26 PM

I have a few requests.

• No rental items. Don't want people getting rental CKs for infinite SP and so forth.
  • No amp scrolls. I noticed they weren't specifically disallowed. They need to be.
  • Limit on gems and cobwebs. Can't be too low of course but skills with these catalysts shouldn't be spammed 100 times a match either. 20 seems fine.

Also a question. Will converters and elemental stones (for Endow skills) be allowed?

#94 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:51 PM

Endows and converters should be in.

Rental gear should be in. Gives newer players a chance to participate and the sp wont be too big of an issue with moonies out there. 

Not going to limit gems/combwebs/crystal frags/ninja catalysts ect ect. 

Amp scrolls could go either way. Probably disabled.

#95 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:55 PM

Ugh I feel like Scholars are going to be pretty imba for this tourney.

#96 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:24 PM

If they are int, it will be impossible for stun immunity and 5 second stun is plenty of time to kill them. If they go vit, they wont be able to kill anything and they will drop eventually. If a scholar is picked for support then I doubt we will see a HP, so the heals will be limited (2 supports and only 1 killer will be tough to kill certain other comps).

Anyways, a sidenote for something amazing but not possible.

Ideally I would like to see it setup on a USRC server and have each person fill up an "account" of characters. There would be no limitations on anything like bgems, bombs, edps, cobwebs ect (still no healing/sp items/gods/stuff). Each team would have 3 players and no characters selected. No duplicate classes on a team.

Team A would ban 1 class, if they want to

Team B would ban 1 class, if they want to

Team A would pick 2 characters for their team (team b would be informed)

Team B would pick 3 characters for their team (team a would be informed)

Team A would pick final character for their team

Match would be held ect

That would be -_-ing amazing to see and broadcast. It would make teams have "roles" and allows for "counter picks" ect. For example if Team A picked a HW then Team B picks up a Scholar. Would make things very interesting in that sense. It would also reward the teams/players for being able to play what is needed and knowledge about many classes.

It is not possible here, but would be -_-ing amazing.

#97 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:28 PM

Makes you wonder if they should put up a server with like five maps and two zones, give people accounts full of premades and dedicate it to balanced PvP.

One of the things that makes RO awesome is PvP, specifically the regulated stuff with finite supplies like RWC. Catering to a huge chunk of gamers with something like that.

Imagine being "the official with the 24/7 RWC-style PvP server" /slur

Cue random poster kRO used for the 2009 RWC.

OgBUQ5h.jpg

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 06 March 2015 - 02:18 AM.

#98 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:51 PM

*poke*

#99 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:54 AM

*poke*

No news to me about when maps will be out. I am ready to rock and roll once it's possible lol.

#100 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:02 AM

I need to know which format you're doing when for production

PM me