FPS too low - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

FPS too low

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Reymi04

Reymi04

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:38 PM

Hello,

My FPS are really low. I can only hit around 15 FPS, and when there are a lot of animations it does down to around 8. I have a gaming PC, so this game should run at max FPS easily. I try to choose the Nvidia graphic card, but I dont see the option in the set up. I only see DIRECT3D or the Intel graphic card. I got an Nvidia 770M. I want more FPS please, help.

Thanks  :thx:

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:05 PM

Is the NVidia card actually active? It sounds like th

I know some gaming laptops default to only running with the intel one to reduce power consumption, unless you tell it to use the good one. I don't have a computer like that so I don't know the details. If it's done per program, make sure both setup and ragexe are set to use the good one.

Also - /aura greatly improves FPS in crowded places around lots of players.

#3 Reymi04

Reymi04

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:56 PM

Is the NVidia card actually active? It sounds like th

I know some gaming laptops default to only running with the intel one to reduce power consumption, unless you tell it to use the good one. I don't have a computer like that so I don't know the details. If it's done per program, make sure both setup and ragexe are set to use the good one.

Also - /aura greatly improves FPS in crowded places around lots of players.

As I said, I only have 4 options to choose, which are Intel HD Graphics 4600 (twice), DIRECT3D T&L HAL  and DIRECT3D HAL, I read somewhere that the DIRECT3D belong like to an old version or engine of Nvidia, something like that, since this game is very old. But still, the FPS are very low. I also use the Nvidia Panel Control, and choose the Nvidia GPU for the game, but it still lags. 

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:02 PM

As I said, I only have 4 options to choose, which are Intel HD Graphics 4600 (twice), DIRECT3D T&L HAL and DIRECT3D HAL, I read somewhere that the DIRECT3D belong like to an old version or engine of Nvidia, something like that, since this game is very old. But still, the FPS are very low. I also use the Nvidia Panel Control, and choose the Nvidia GPU for the game, but it still lags.

You need to choose the nvidia gpu for the setup program too, not just the game, so you can select it.

Also, you're not playing full screen on Windows 8 or later, are you? Full screen gives crap performance if it works at all on win 8+

#5 Kerbera

Kerbera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

can /weather be added? I hate to have to use /effect when I want to see the effects and hate the snow dropping my fps

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:02 AM

can /weather be added? I hate to have to use /effect when I want to see the effects and hate the snow dropping my fps

Would be nice. But the snow is over until next year so...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users