01/21 Classic Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

01/21 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

Event

Double Exp will continue for the forseeable future as part of our Classic recruiting event

Jumping Janeway enhancements:

-Daggers and Huumas added to Janeway

-Fast access to Janeway from the newbie starting area

-Janeway will now give potions to start you off so you don't have to run through the training grounds first

There are more suggestions I have to improve the quest, like putting in more information on who can use the Janeway gear, and the monsters. 

Quests

Working on more TI quests to complement Abyss Lake, please suggest alternatives for next week!

Fix to Stonecutters quest to give the award properly

Increased duration and power of New Year's Quest stat reward

Monsters

Going to be returning to the monster spawn change project, looking to increase monster spawns in the Janeway areas for this week and making more changes starting next week!

This Thursday we'll be posting up a roadmap for Classic going forward in 2015 and our projects to improve the quality of life as well as to address the issues that players have brought up. 

Some Janeway monster spawns increased

Added 20 Thief Bugs to Prontera Field 5 map

Added 30 Boas to Payon Field 2 map

Added 15 Archer Skeletons (instant) to Payon dungeon 2

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

Working on more TI quests to complement Abyss Lake, please suggest alternatives for next week!

Juperos

Ice Titans

Bio 3 (fix kathy please too)

#3 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

Juperos

Ice Titans

What kind of kill numbers would be fair for these, 30, 40, 50, 100, 300?

#4 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:49 PM

I did Janeway the other night on a Archer -> Bard and while it was okay there were definitely some improvements. Getting sent straight to the entrance of Culverts was nice, but having to go and do the "quest" to get in was silly, I'm sure anyone not actually familiar with it may have just got confused. Giving out potions is a BIG deal, I didnt give myself anything more than some elemental arrows to level with (fire, silver and wind) and by the time I got to Archer Skels I was out of potions, had no new gear and was just incapable of getting it done. You actually have more gear as a novice than you do after you change, because none of your novice gear can be worn. Consider letting it be equippable as a first class and give out new gear (from janeway) for second classes thats slightly better or uses the card stuff we were talking about a week or two ago.

It was fairly straightforward until I got to Skel Archers though, there isnt really enough of them in Payon 2 right now because they're on a respawn timer and there was a couple of bot groups and a sin walking around killing them and it would probably have taken a long time to get it done even if I had potions or gear for it.

I liked the Thara Frogs, there's a good opportunity to teach players about elemental attributes there. If you send them down there with a short term endow and give them some quest text explaining that they're going to fight water dudes wind is strong against them etc.

The last two tiers of Skel Archer/Gargoyle I feel are a bit tough, I'm not sure what you'd really swap them out for but given the current system its not actually possible for a player to complete those two steps alone (or probably even in a group) due to the difficulty of those monsters vs what a player has by that point.

Also ADVERTISE IT. I made a post in the saving classic thread over in suggestions, you guys need to let players know what was going on. I was just speaking to someone who had no idea we were even on double experience, not everyone's sitting here F5ing the Classic forum for new patch notes like some of us.

Second edit: Consider putting go-to things for the job change quests, new players are going to have no idea what to do next and may not even realise that they can change (especially hitting job 50 at level 50). Also consider making some of the job changes clearer, I'd probably have given up on doing the Bard job change if I didnt have the iROWIki guide. Co-ordinates for npcs or more specific quest text is definitely going to be a big help. I would suggest changing/removing things but people hate when things get changed and they'd have to be tracked/updated at various places so people dont have incorrect information.

Here is my usual list of things, nothing new this week:

• New World - and all that goes with it
  • KVM - properly implemented with no bugs or exploits and a promise of no badges available from boxes
  • DG - fix the incarnations drop rate 0.02 is not cool, if you're against the Rings being obtainable at all, at least consider buffing the D Mant, Ventus and Cursed Hand drop rates.
  • Bio3 - just give us the default spawns with wizards and all
  • BGs - do something to make Tierra worth playing, equalise the badge gain, its far more interesting and will help get more people interested regularly
  • Gemstones - just put yellow/reds in the mail annex please, you take an annoying semi-time consuming step out of getting them
  • MVP variance - i'd like to see some rebalancing of it slightly, having a 60 minute MVP with the same variance as a 12 hour seems really weird. It's annoying killing a bunch of short spawn MVPs and the long spawns are impossible to find because its the same group/person just killing it all week
  • GD spawn rates - would be cool to balance these I think Payon needs a 20-25% spawn boost and Geffen needs....something (probably a huge boost like 75-100%?)
  • Remove stuff from the boxes - can we stop getting the unbound boxes? It's annoying having to explain to people and seems like a fairly simple fix, just replace them on the drop table
  • Place to meet - lets get a proper eden replacement where you can sit down and meet people, buffer/kafra/bounty board (maybe south pront is a good place to consider?)
  • Short term VIP - I dont always have an account VIP'd and someone mentioned trying short VIPs in a suggestion thread months ago, I'm sure lots of people play in short bursts (especially around exp/drops events) and I'm sure more people would be willing to regularly VIP if they had more control over it even at a higher cost than 30/90 days etc
  • Blue Twin - please consider adding 10 atk to the Blue Twin, the Red Twins are in super high demand and the Blues are very difficult to sell, they're same drop rate from the same boss.

Edited by Themes, 20 January 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:08 PM

What kind of kill numbers would be fair for these, 30, 40, 50, 100, 300?

Juperos

100 x 4 venatu

Bio2 and Bio3

100x 6 each monster.

Titans

150/300. Option to dump all into job or base for VIP.

Remember to split the exp into chunks.

Sidenote:

Job exp to skeggiolds please! It is a trans map and the absence of job exp makes zero sense.

#6 rudiculous

rudiculous

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

What happened to the challenge dungeon? It was mentioned we were supposed to get it back?

As a newer player, that dungeon was invaluable. It enabled me to obtain levels, join groups and parties, and acquire some decent zeny. 

On any given day the dungeon was occupied and outside of the War of Emperium that was the most people I'd seen on any non-town map.

The drops from the dungeon funded my first gear purchases and the people I met created an environment that I could learn in and be a part of.

Will we be getting that dungeon back?

#7 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:47 PM

Hopefully a similar one based on bio 4 xD

#8 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

Event

Double Exp will continue for the forseeable future as part of our Classic recruiting event

Awesome!

#9 Sushi

Sushi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

My thoughts about Janeway. Its a great improvement, so well done. You easily get to 50/50 if you know where to go. It would be nice of course to increase the spawn, specially archers.

Some problems I noticed are... In the job quest thingy, it doesnt appear how many monsters you need to kill. It happened that I thought I was over but I wasnt, hence waste of time.

Problem is after Thara's, Sk archers are tough if mixed with Skeleton Soldiers. Not even talk about Gargoyles, that mission is nearly impossible for new players, or any experienced player but new to server. Maybe change to sohees, i dont know.

What about making the weapons account bounded and not char bounded?

I feel its very important to give out as well some kind of equipment, like Eden's on renewal.

#10 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:00 PM

i just wanted to come echo some concerns about Janeway, namely archer skels and gargoyles. i've streamed janeway the past few times i've streamed, and these two seem a bit off. archer skels don't really come in the numbers required to make the turn in go smoothly, and gargoyles are either incredibly easy (hey there, i brought an aco class who knows how to pneuma!) to oh god i need gear and pots (no pneu).

also for TI quests, maybe look at some underutilized dungeons? i dunno if people go to places like kunlun dungeon, niffleheim (field maps sorta, but whatever), or louyang, but those seem like they could use some loving.

#11 TsubasaWingz

TsubasaWingz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

I do agree that the Gargoyles kill count quest given by Janeway for level 60 characters is a bit too tough for newbies to handle, however I did manage to get some feedbacks from some of the new players. They said it is indeed difficult but is managable with another newbie Acolyte in the party. Lower level Janeway quests may be completed solo but as it progresses to Archer Skeletons and Gargoyles, the newbies are suppose to learn how to make friends, join parties or look for guilds, Classic is not suppose to be a solo game (unlike Renewal), so yeah... I think the GMs are doing it right.

The only problem (a minor one) I find with the quest is that the quest window does not indicate how many targets you're suppose to hunt, kinda not so good for players with poor memory. Character bound weapons aren't such a problem, they are supposed to be for the use of the particular character only, I'm sure when a new player intends to make more characters, they are less likely to be making more characters with the same job class again (this is usually done by not-so-much newbie players), and therefore reducing the likelihood of using the same weapons again. If the newbies are established enough, they won't even need the Janeway weapons anymore.

On a different note, please make it so that either the Kafra Stacker or Grandma Boxter stacks the Consumable Items gotten from the Lucky Box or Groove Packs. I can't even purchase more of the luxury boxes if each Battle Manual is taking up one slot of my limited 100 individual items in my inventory.

Items of interest:

12208.png Battle Manual

12312.png Thick Battle Manual

12411.png HE Battle Manual

14545.png Battle Manual X3

14592.png Job Battle Manual

Thanks please GMs.

#12 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:27 PM

I do agree that the Gargoyles kill count quest given by Janeway for level 60 characters is a bit too tough for newbies to handle, however I did manage to get some feedbacks from some of the new players. They said it is indeed difficult but is managable with another newbie Acolyte in the party. Lower level Janeway quests may be completed solo but as it progresses to Archer Skeletons and Gargoyles, the newbies are suppose to learn how to make friends, join parties or look for guilds, Classic is not suppose to be a solo game (unlike Renewal), so yeah... I think the GMs are doing it right.

I agree that there should be more challenging options and encourage people to play together. But there needs to be other people there to group with if you're going to design things around requiring more than one person. Janeway is off to the side in Izlude and the only people you're going to run into are other people doing it, which is fine, but what if the GMs created a more general purpose area where people could meet up and find groups/friends, it had some go-Terms of Service for the various kill count/turnin (goats etc) quests we already have and lets players know where the big turnin of the month is (dragons etc).

People need a place to go that's specifically for finding new pals, you could repurpose eden or players could start spending time in there looking for groups or something, it doesnt have to be a 100% GM created thing. We just have to find somewhere and agree on it. I had my novice logged out in south pront and would sit around or alt tab on it sometimes hoping I'd be able to make some new friends, but I never saw anyone :(

edit: lol at the censor i think that was supposed to be go to location

Edited by Themes, 20 January 2015 - 07:28 PM.

#13 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

Juperos
100 x 4 venatu

Bio2 and Bio3
100x 6 each monster.

Titans

Sidenote:
Job exp to skeggiolds please! It is a trans map and the absence of job exp makes zero sense.

there are 4 kinds of venatus and 6 kinds of bio3 monsters.it is a hard work for oda to stack the kill count.

my opinion :

——jupeos
do u remember the quest of jupeos. we collect special piecea break 3 switches clean up the guards and finally reach the bottom and defeat the vesper. ——what a nice script.

so what we gonna do now is
1.put a visable npc to warp ppl who has done the quest and wanna go to bottom directly instead of the invisable one come out a talk when we reach the point.

2. we will get new quests when we reach the special position of the maps in jupeos.it is a mark of the process of the quest.

3.we will kill some monsters with specially name as if we are investiging.

4.semon a versper with 10min life time.we will get full reward if we defeat it.we get half if not.

——bio3
its a good way to farm gsb there now.but only gsb is not enough to make ppls to go there.

1.increase the drop rate of la'gma stick spe jur dragon killer and falcon blitze.

2.remove or decrease the number of LV99 mini boss. or something good drop from it.

——thanatos tower
a very good quest.just increase the drop rate or make high level TI in upper floor will make it very interesting

1.increase the drop rate of aca in the slaves of thanatos.

2.make them instant respawn.

3.make the angels and devils as TI monsters.and the stuff drop from them can be submit as TI stuff.

——Endless Tower

reduce the cool down so we can organize a ET party easily. i want to go ET with my pro friends because i can reach high level and get the better reward. but i also want to make another party for fun and make friends.

1.CD 7days -- 3days / 1days / twice a week

i think we should focus on high level event/quest. most of the RO classic players are pro enough.

Edited by kruim21, 21 January 2015 - 04:08 AM.

#14 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

I think the Janeway event is pretty neat for getting re-acquainted with Classic RO, and it's probably a welcome addition for new players looking to try Classic. No need to voice my concerns there, I feel; everyone else has pretty much said what I would say. I do wonder though if anything should be done for new players once Janeway's gone; maybe there could be a short quest chain post-Training Grounds to help get players set up once they get their 1st job.

People need a place to go that's specifically for finding new pals, you could repurpose eden or players could start spending time in there looking for groups or something, it doesnt have to be a 100% GM created thing. We just have to find somewhere and agree on it. I had my novice logged out in south pront and would sit around or alt tab on it sometimes hoping I'd be able to make some new friends, but I never saw anyone :(

edit: lol at the censor i think that was supposed to be go to location

I can get behind this. Eden seems ideal as a common meeting grounds. It's kinda surprising how sparse Eden HQ is on Classic compared to Renewal; it'd be nice to see it expanded. I'm thinking you could add the lobby map like on Renewal and use that as a meeting place, move the buff and VIP Services NPCs here for easy access along with the bounty board, and then have the current Eden map as a 2nd level with the item mall and smiths.

i just wanted to come echo some concerns about Janeway, namely archer skels and gargoyles. i've streamed janeway the past few times i've streamed, and these two seem a bit off. archer skels don't really come in the numbers required to make the turn in go smoothly, and gargoyles are either incredibly easy (hey there, i brought an aco class who knows how to pneuma!) to oh god i need gear and pots (no pneu).

Yeah, Archers need a bump in spawns, but I think the Gargoyles part is the one that needs to be rethought. Besides being hard to find unless you're already aware of where to go (the lack of teleport like the other maps doesn't help here), Gargoyles are Wind-property ranged attackers, which typically translates to a mob that's hard to hit in melee and hard to dodge, even as a Thief class, so you're limited to taking magic classes or a Hunter, or needing a triple-Ancient weapon of some kind, as well as a priest or potions.

#15 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:16 AM

Juperos

Ice Titans

That it.

Juperos

100 x 4 venatu

Bio2 and Bio3

100x 6 each monster.

Titans

Sidenote:

And this.

Any predictions for deploying Bi Frost?

#16 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:03 AM

Bio 3 TI pls. I can help my guildies to lvl up, rise guild exp and also farm gsb. Yeay

#17 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:55 AM

Bio 3 isn't that good w/ current spawns. Bring back good ol' Bio 3 please.

#18 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:24 AM

I'd like to see a jupero or bio event. Anything better than dragons for job exp, really.

#19 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

I wish we could have the option of hunting a 1000 of a mob for a ti. :<

#20 lyriell84

lyriell84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

——Endless Tower

reduce the cool down so we can organize a ET party easily. i want to go ET with my pro friends because i can reach high level and get the better reward. but i also want to make another party for fun and make friends.

1.CD 7days -- 3days / 1days / twice a week

i think we should focus on high level event/quest. most of the RO classic players are pro enough.

Don't reduce the CD please. Instead give us ET 2.0 with the remaining MVP's and maybe another Naght Sieger on the top (or something else like Satan Morroc or such)

#21 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

Servers are up!

#22 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:07 PM

Et too would be nice has the gm team looked over this ? Something that can make ro active again and gives newer guilds a way to get balanced gear that's on par with Mvps/God items http://ro.doddlercon.com/home/?p=32

#23 Sushi

Sushi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

Why renewal gets awesome effects Hat, and we get a plain Sheep Hat? xD that is unupgradeable, and untradeable?

#24 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:13 PM

Why renewal gets awesome effects Hat, and we get a plain Sheep Hat? xD that is unupgradeable, and untradeable?

Because less OP junk is better for the server.

I think it's kinda cool to get Cash Shop hats for free in-game tbh. Need more of that.

#25 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

Some Janeway monster spawns increased

Added 20 Thief Bugs to Prontera Field 5 map

Added 30 Boas to Payon Field 2 map

Added 15 Archer Skeletons (instant) to Payon dungeon 2

So there's now:

20 Thief Bugs on Pront05

60 Boas on Payon02

15 instant spawn Archer Skels and 30 on a 5 minute delay in Payon Dun02?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users