01/21 Classic Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

01/21 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#26 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

So there's now:

20 Thief Bugs on Pront05

60 Boas on Payon02

15 instant spawn Archer Skels and 30 on a 5 minute delay in Payon Dun02?

30 Thief Bugs, there were 10 spawning on that map before.

#27 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

Ok thanks.

#28 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

Please note that those spawns are tied into janeway and when she goes away they do as well...

#29 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

Ok, let me write that down somewhere. I'll try remind you guys if/when you go to remove it.

#30 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:40 PM

Ok, let me write that down somewhere. I'll try remind you guys if/when you go to remove it.

Its setup so when Janeway retires it will as well.

#31 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

ziiing!

#32 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

I've posted that in the proposition thread I really wish It would be seen by CM. I've took time to write it. Also Oda can you look my PM its about an error that was made while scripting janeway quest (Infinite weapons rewards - its not really an exploit but I really dont want to see this on stuff that might be one)

What I wish we would have on Iro Classic.

Healthy competition based on fun. And not on hate. Event woes like super novice was cool even tho not many people were participating. I believe people in community have the wrong state of mind since a long time. And this is why there is so much cheating. Trying to manage a war based on hate, is something I wouldn’t do if I was GM. I would just remove the whole woe at this point. This is just bad for any people playing as they will become more agressive on the long term, and agressive people just do anything, they are out of range.  Finding a solution to that, is quite hard, I feel like ennemies should just play together to have a common goal or something and understand that in fact everyone just want to have a good time in game. Playing with this state of mind would definely be good for the server future

In order to have fun in an old game you need to relearn the game on a new perspective.

Why only Woe is challenging. GM you have the power to bring interesting stuff in the game. You can make challenge dungeons you can create map. It would be fairly easy to bring some new challenge in game just by adding stuff that exist already in the game. Nude Challenge dungeon ? All gears disabled, only consumables work. Instanced dungeon for newbie with some stuff like vocal/vagabond wolf ? You could even take example on the old izlude arena I think it was good stuff. 

If you can’t recreate instance stuff maybe you could just re-use scripts like for a BG waiting room. Or just make like 4-5 map of the same thing. Im pretty sure you can manage to come up with something.

Instanced Nightmare dungeons (no mean of resurection / teleport) Could just take every existing dungeon with an MVP and put that in, with some basic changes. Example : Payon Dungeon nightmare instance, 1st floor, you put some zombie master and hyeguns, second floor you put ragged zombie and skeleton general, 3rd floor, ragged zombie, zombie slaughter, 4st 1 Ghostring, Necromancer, penomena, Banshee. Last floor Moonlight flower, and a bit of everything. Then once the quest is over you give some special reward. Maybe you could even put that people must kill all monsters in order to proceed to next level. (If you do so, you disable dead branch, bloody branch, hocus pocus, and polymorph).

Class specific Area, why not doing a whole place that only super novice can enter, and need to party.
The Janeway event could have send player to new maps with the current monster they needed to kill, with a possibility to bring a party with him. (like an option on the npc to join your team leader or something). That would have probably make people participate a lot more into helping those newbies. Or even see a group of newbie helping each other. 

The weapons reward from Janeway event is not good enough, people have all the same problem when they finish those quests, they have a good level but they are gearless and don’t know really how to make zeny. à GSB alter-effect. Of course there is rental gears in kafra shop but if you compare what a Vali manteau worth compared to an immunised rental muffler, It would be a lot more cheap for the new player to sell KP and buy a Vali manteau. That stuff should be available for them already through the janeway event. New player are not interested to spend cash in the game when they first arrive in. Keep them on the server for a long time and they will spend some.

Some basic stuff I feel that should be possible rewards for new players in quests and with a degree of difficulty : Celebrant Mittens (easy), Pantie (Easy), Undershirt (easy), Vali Manteau (medium), Fricco Shoes (medium), Unslotted Glove/Brooch (Medium), Apple Of archer (Medium), Goibne Set (Medium-Hard). Elemental Weapons (medium).

Point out direction to newbies where they could go after level 70, if all those newbie would know they can get some gears in battleground at level 70. It would be really great for them.

Put KVM on and remove weapons rewards and ring reward for now. For the delay make it happen when you click the npc at the end of the match (no screen loading delaying to bypass delay). For the room bug just remove one room and make all player go on the same room. This way people won’t abuse the commit suicide bug in KVM. And will need to actually kill people to get reward. Then wait until we find a fix for other possible bug I dont know myself. Dont forget to reset kvm medal on people if there is some abnormal issue. Just checking out often each week how many medal there is would be already fine I think.

And please remove those OP guardian from flavius, it is the only reason why people dont want to fight each other both team have to put effort to kill guardians because they are too long to kill and too strong. Talking for those new players there. Or you can just completely remove flavius and let people do tierra.

Make tierra give more medal than flavius.

Improving BG to make it more active im pretty sure, you can improve the reward based on the amount of player dying and the amount of time spent into a fight. It might a bit of work but it would be a really cool thing. Or even better, make a BG room with no MVP/Miniboss card / God item use and no consumables.

Improve rewards on most of quests. About 90% of quests in ragnarok doesn’t worth the time and effort. Would be nothing to make some hugel medals rewards and put them tradable. Or make another kind of points system if you think bot are gonna exploit this.

There is some event quest you could leave in. I liked the pirate treasure thing. And it wasn’t game breaking.

Bring new enchant to the game that can improve current gears so you can create a bit more rarity, something like additive enchant with a chance to break. +10 HP per enchant or +1 atk or other stuff. Make lower stuff easier to enchant and high stuff harder
Organised pvp, its being prepared I think, hopefully community will respond well to this.

Incentive for player to make videos, and maybe put a weekly Ragnarok video on main warpportal website ? Im not experienced into advertising stuf but im pretty sure something can be work out

Put a way to purchase :1 day – 1 week VIP. Many people are interested in that.

#33 lyriell84

lyriell84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:54 AM

Also:

Is there any chance you can make Hocus Pocus viable again? It used to be so much fun in the past and even people without a lot of uber gear could participate in a Hocus Pocus party, considering that they have a HP Sage. Maybe increase the Spawn chance for MVP's or at least make it so you can remove the gem costs again.

#34 CAPP

CAPP

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:04 AM

Any chance for a Nameless TI?

#35 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:28 AM

One thing of we are talking about today is the New World. What is it that you guys want to see out of it? Is it just the monsters, the maps or the items? We're weighing the relative unpopularity of the new world on Renewal (too difficult to get to, not the most efficient place to level) with what limits we have on monsters on Classic? Would the monsters IDs spent towards Splendide go better towards a Challenge dungeon we design with your feedback? 

#36 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:43 AM

Personally I don't give a crap so long as we can obtain the equips dropped in new world.

The quest chain can go to hell. Others probably feel different. In my opinion its just another large set of maps that will be used by a max of 5 people. The exp there.... I dont recall people actually ever going there for exp.

edit : I do like the new world camp tho. It's a pretty map.

Edited by Xellie, 22 January 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#37 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

Pinchulas is a good monster for leveling low level non trans and trans people. If they can be available somewhere would be cool.

Cornus is a good mob to get soft feather from

Tendrilion drop death guidance, eraser and leather of tendrilion. Im definely interested in the leather. not sure how the other 2 are good but seem good to me.

lot of items help out into reducing after cast delay, and players can be interested getting those. (Sprint Set)

Lunakaligo is one of the best mace in the game.

Bradium Shield is a very good shield also.

Black Cat and Cold Heart.

I believe there is some cool acessory I don't remember also

The fishing quest can help out a bit for seals getting some fish items but meh.

All other quests is crap especially those that give manuk coins and splendide coins. Im not even sure they are even done on renewal.

Edited by HansLowell, 22 January 2015 - 01:06 PM.

#38 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:10 AM

Personally I don't give a crap so long as we can obtain the equips dropped in new world.

The quest chain can go to hell. Others probably feel different. In my opinion its just another large set of maps that will be used by a max of 5 people. The exp there.... I dont recall people actually ever going there for exp.

edit : I do like the new world camp tho. It's a pretty map.

New world, only because the drop. Like HansLowell related.

#39 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:12 AM

We're weighing the relative unpopularity of the new world on Renewal (too difficult to get to, not the most efficient place to level)

since the actual quest to get there was never properly implemented, you can literally talk to two npcs and you're in the alliance camp.

The only critical quest that you need done in order to access places like el dicastes, eclage and scaraba hall is the ring of the wise ancient king (account bound so you can swap it between chars too)

scarabas, bifrost fields and towers are the only places 150+ have to level on outside of bio4 turn ins.

the new world is far from unpopular on renewal.

#40 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:59 AM

One thing of we are talking about today is the New World. What is it that you guys want to see out of it? Is it just the monsters, the maps or the items? We're weighing the relative unpopularity of the new world on Renewal (too difficult to get to, not the most efficient place to level) with what limits we have on monsters on Classic? Would the monsters IDs spent towards Splendide go better towards a Challenge dungeon we design with your feedback? 

Honestly I'd like to see the whole shebang. I never really went there previously because the quest seemed like a big barrier, but this server has been a big do all the stuff you never did for me, so I'd really like to see it all.

How hard up are you for monster IDs right now? How many do you need for the monsters and how many do you have spare right now?

At the very least the gear should be attainable somewhere.

It's a valid point though, the challenge dungeon was active and used a lot, whereas New World could be entirely ignored except for the people who want a few specific pieces of gear. Not really sure what the best way to implement it will be. 

#41 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

"Lore" wise since we've kept Morroc undestroyed our original plan was to avoid the new world (Nidhoggur is an exception due to necessity) and focus on giving more of a reason for people to explore and use Rune Midgard. Whether this means putting the drops in different monsters or adding more quests to replace what people would be doing in the New World. 

#42 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:10 PM

I agree with challenge dungeons including new world monsters that cycle through. New world field maps aren't really important.

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:00 PM

"Are you new to the game, or below level 70 and not transcended? Visit Janeway by the old Izlude Arena for help leveling!"

probs nobody knows what izlude arena is/was, especially if new. Recommend "Visit Janeway in the far west of Izlude for help!" instead.

#44 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

Sick warning on the restart boys. 15 minutes really?

#45 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

Maybe you should consider restoring the econ lost due to that exploit too.

#46 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:26 PM

lulz to the max. Graphical glitches are pretty terrible.

Spoiler

Walking into the abyss.

#47 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:06 AM

Oda, camp, pls have a look at this ticket -snip-. U ban me and all my alt, and almost all my guildsmate. Wtf?

Greetings, avoid posting your ticket numbers publicly in forums. A note was left for the CMs to look into your situation, for now I ask you to be patient.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 26 January 2015 - 06:19 AM.
Removing ticket number

#48 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

Oda, camp, pls have a look at this ticket -snip-. U ban me and all my alt, and almost all my guildsmate. Wtf?

Greetings, avoid posting your ticket numbers publicly in forums. A note was left for the CMs to look into your situation, for now I ask you to be patient.

The GM Team will be responding to your ticket soon, be ready to provide more information when they request it. 

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:08 AM

Good Luck Pie!

#50 lelay

lelay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

The GM Team will be responding to your ticket soon, be ready to provide more information when they request it.

thats what happen when u guys buy items to darkrune,eremex,maruo.they u cry here. wahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users