Classic 2015 Q1 Roadmap - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic 2015 Q1 Roadmap

• Please log in to reply
483 replies to this topic

#26 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

From what I've seen in the multiple threads concerning Classic server health, half of the population is pushing for these changes while the other will not (and thus the conservative half's silence makes it look like most of the server is on board with the changes).

It seems absurd to pull the card of 'server health' when dealing with WoE, as it is what makes RO unique compared to many other games; it is a potentially unfair competition (by that I mean factors such as numbers, class makeup, god items, mvp cards, and strategy), and thus 'evening the playing field' is not ideal for this game.

The real problem is part of the community attitude and inability to adapt to the current situation of WoE, instead pushing for changes that make the situation more favorable to them. 

Focus more on PVM stuff if you want to deal with 'server health.'

edit: I really like the WoE Watch Ticket idea, that'll be most appreciated.

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 12:22 PM.

#27 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

The WOE scene will, regardless of your own personal feelings, make or break this server as it has every other server. It's always been that way and it will always be that way, and it's foolish to think otherwise -- especially in 2015. There has never been a successful server that was pure PVE/MVP. At some point, the grind becomes pointless after you've killed the same mob on the same map for the nth time. Whether you enjoy questing, sitting and talking in town, exploring maps, doing roleplay, or whatever -- there's never been a server that has survive with a focus on only those aspects. Sooner or later it gets stale, you get bored, and either you leave on your own or the server dies and you're forced to move on. If the contrary were true, you guys would still be playing on your original servers instead of ending up here.

WOE brings competition, and that competition inspires players to keep playing and getting better. It makes them want to theorycraft new builds and strategies, create new meta, and pursue the game from new perspectives. However, like with the other features, no server can survive it focuses only on WOE, which is why those pservers fail

I'll use this forever, since its well written and sums it up better then I can.

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:07 PM

From what I've seen in the multiple threads concerning Classic server health, half of the population is pushing for these changes while the other will not (and thus the conservative half's silence makes it look like most of the server is on board with the changes).

See: Seals and God item Creation Quests.

It seems absurd to pull the card of 'server health' when dealing with WoE, as it is what makes RO unique compared to many other games; it is a potentially unfair competition (by that I mean factors such as numbers, class makeup, god items, mvp cards, and strategy), and thus 'evening the playing field' is not ideal for this game.

The real problem is part of the community attitude and inability to adapt to the current situation of WoE, instead pushing for changes that make the situation more favorable to them.

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#29 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:12 PM

From what I've seen in the multiple threads concerning Classic server health, half of the population is pushing for these changes while the other will not (and thus the conservative half's silence makes it look like most of the server is on board with the changes)

It's 2015. People don't have to put up with this "Pull yourself up by your bootstraps" bull-_- anymore because there are games out there that will do things better now and at least try and be fair so that players of all skill levels are able to participate. Even WP staff realize that this is the case, so they try and stop us from talking about them. Do you really think a 2003-era game with outdated graphics and gameplay will stand a chance against newer games without having to change itself? lol

(I will admit that last one was lazy)

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 12:40 PM.

#30 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:15 PM

It stands a chance against newer games because no other game has anything remotely similar to WoE. Nothing compares to WoE for any game, especially if comparing it to "when woe's were good" from years ago. That is why 10's of thousands of people play this old game (and pre renewal mechanics). Unfortunately the huge majority does not play here.

Bottom line, this game is the best game ever made simply because nothing else can reproduce what WoE is.

#31 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:19 PM

i don't agree with all of this but i think you make some good points that people are failing to take into account.

if you guys REALLY think pushing for these woe changes is going to help revitalize the server, i'm fine with the changes going through. but i feel that the lack of a population and the fact that this server can't attract or keep players is the bigger issue. some of the woe changes are good but i don't see them really helping the fact that this server cannot keep players. i've given probably about 50-75 new players here basic starting gears and zeny in my year here only to never see them again. i'm not saying that to make myself seem like a better person or anything like that, but starting on RO on official servers is seriously brutal. had i not joined a guild immediately after i joined i would have quit probably within the first week. pvm is pretty dead here and the only time people party is when AL3 or ID3 turn ins are in. not sure what the CM's are planning to do to attract players. how are they going to advertise? how do they advertise now? janeway is good and this list is good, but this should have been done a long time ago...

edit: btw, you guys should increase the healing effectiveness of fruits. i have always thought it was massively unfair that veteran players on this server have access to ridiculously cheap and effective healing methods (witch pumpkin hat + alarm mask) and new players get 300 novice potions, which are absolutely useless after you have more than like 1k hp. maybe make fruits heal as much as a orange or yellow potion? they shouldn't be as good as the pumpkin hat combo, but i feel very strongly that new players need something that they can use, too. gears here are expensive and potions can easily eat the income of a new player unless they get lucky and score a rare card. you guys made a lot of monsters drop meat so that would be another alternative to increase the effectiveness.

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 12:31 PM.

#32 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:34 PM

I love this. Hope it can cure sick classic to a better happening classic

#33 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

I like some of the list but I have doubts on what mvp cards you even plan on looking at, as a avid mvper my card collection is mainly used to improve my guild an normally I don't use em. If it's because FBH is so overpowered there's a game skill that counters that called Magnetic Earth and rival guilds can build there roster to counter FBH.

If any mvp cards are up to be disabled then take them all off along with mini-boss cards. & woe 1.0 items this is iro there's a reason I stood here to develop my chars/guild for woe as it has been bring what you can and if lose try again next week. If I wanted restrictions on every item am sure our guild [wouldn't play here].

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#34 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:51 PM

u just notice FBH is OP.why not think another way to handle it?have u try plat shield + unfrozen fire armor on a LK?FBH wiz will die like dog.

#35 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:58 PM

I like some of the list but I have doubts on what mvp cards you even plan on looking at, as a avid mvper my card collection is mainly used to improve my guild an normally I don't use em. If it's because FBH is so overpowered there's a game skill that counters that called Magnetic Earth and rival guilds can build there roster to counter FBH.

If any mvp cards are up to be disabled then take them all off along with mini-boss cards. & woe 1.0 items this is iro there's a reason I stood here to develop my chars/guild for woe as it has been bring what you can and if lose try again next week. If I wanted restrictions on every item am sure our guild [wouldn't play here].

CP precast.

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 12:43 PM.

#36 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:58 PM

If any mvp cards are up to be disabled then take them all off along with mini-boss cards. & woe 1.0 items this is iro there's a reason I stood here to develop my chars/guild for woe as it has been bring what you can and if lose try again next week. If I wanted restrictions on every item am sure our guild [wouldn't play here].

Classical pluck.  :p_err:

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 12:44 PM.

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

Plat reflect can be neutralized (I'm not telling you how, but I know you have the capability) and ME doesn't work on target skills.

What table has turned?

Edited by Xellie, 22 January 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#38 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:19 PM

it cant be denied that equipments magic refect is a way can be considered.even GTB+FBH wiz + TAO sac can be overcome.fighting against mvp soldiers is an interesting thing. there should be something OP(gears/players/guilds) active in WOE so we have motivation to catch up with them and defeat them. we can play [something else] if we are looking for fairness.

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 12:44 PM.

#39 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:20 PM

it cant be denied that equipments magic refect is a way can be considered.even GTB+FBH wiz + TAO sac can be overcome.

facepalm.gif

You probably shouldn't have access to equipment if you don't know how it works.

#40 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:20 PM

we can play RO2 if we are looking for fairness.

l5De52A.gif

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 22 January 2015 - 08:24 PM.

#41 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:27 PM

I like the changes but I also agree that I wouldn't hinge the entire WoE fairness situation on one MvP card. I just find it hard to believe that FBH is THE reason that thousands of people have quit WoEing.

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 12:46 PM.

#42 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

I like the changes but I also agree that I wouldn't hinge the entire WoE fairness situation on one MvP card.

What if [there is] enough of those mvp cards to account for 1/5~1/3 [of WoE] attendance?

I think the number of items per capita is a very, very legitimate reason to look at them.

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 12:47 PM.

#43 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

Wake up!we are in low population,dont attack each others. the OPest thing for classic is a sever like classic but absorb lots of classic players. u know what i said lol.

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

Wake up!we are in low population,dont attack each others. the OPest thing for classic is a sever like classic but absorb lots of classic players. u know what i said lol.

As I said, you can nullify all forms of magic reflect.

#45 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:42 PM

What if [there is] enough of those mvp cards to account for 1/5~1/3 [of WoE] attendance?

I think the number of items per capita is a very, very legitimate reason to look at them.

the same could be said about any number of items God or mvp in any active woe guild in every variation of servers iro has had. noone should not be punished because of their hard work

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 12:50 PM.

#46 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:45 PM

the same could be said about any number of items God or mvp in any active woe guild in every variation of servers iro has had. noone should not be punished because of their hard work

^This

How can people only be upset with FBH? GTBs are OP and allow people to solo castles (see sinx/tkm). Megs are OP because any class can get 200+ str and 1 shot people regardless of opponents gear (see champs, sinx, tkm). GR/DR are OP because it makes people "hard to kill" lol. Bryns are OP because it gives champs such a huge bonus. Asprikas are Op because it shuts down LKs, unless they have megs, see "meg OP".

Not to mention how people have spent thousands of hours to camp a specific card entirely based on the cards "official" effects for use during WoE. Compensation for time wasted would be nice if the change goes in. 

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 12:50 PM.

#47 Flack

Flack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:46 PM

You sum it up perfectly.  It took 22 unique posters on a WoE thread made earlier this week to demand change and a third of which didn't want the changes proposed.  

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#48 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:48 PM

I think they should investigate all MVP cards, of course. I do not think that any changes should be made to legit MVP cards after people have dedicated thousands of hours to earning them for the sole purpose of their "official" effects being used in WoE.

I have successfully fought against FBH and with it and even use FBH when I play magic classes in WoE. It is not as game breaking as its being made out to be. Everybody of importance knows how to counter plat shields, but it doesn't happen because there are better uses for the item. Magic is already nerfed enough currently. The sheer amount of % reduction and "free" mdef makes "normal" HW unimportant. For example, a group of "normal" HW wont kill anything of importance on iRO because of how ME works here and the large amount of gears that reduce magic to pathetically low levels. FBH allows magic to finally be useful again. It is not the only reason why a guild wins fights, it is just adding consistent moderate damage. Not to mention the amount of players and gears required just to make a HW viable on this server. You need FBH, OH, god items, along with "rare" kafra shop gear at high upgrades and high end in game items at high upgrades. Then it requires a group effort of players to make it work. You must have an active player playing MBK Scholar, proper pally support, requires a linker, strings ect ect. The whole team has to be built around protecting this character. It is not as simple as "get this card and win woe".

^for above I am not talking WoE 1 I am more or less talking about WoE 2 with no CP teams and precasts.

Summary, magic is useless in this game at the current point in time. It will get worse once glorious rings are out. FBH with a "team" supporting the HW is the only way for magic to have any damage worth while. 

#49 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

I think you'd be surprised. I don't think the meta mindset has done a lot of good for classic so far, and people don't find enjoyment in the chaotic form of WoE anymore. But what I described is exactly what Impact did to the Valkyrie / Warrior Nation alliance on ygg server. Those two guilds held & econned every 2.0 fort for months until we showed up. We knew they couldnt defend everything and once we proved it they immediately started losing all their econs. Show up in force and attack your opponent where they are weak and you will win. http://choobs.org/yg.../index/20120111

Keep in mind that server had Thanatos Rangers, Hibram Hwizes, Tao / Kiel DB + double megged +12 KVM spear stormblast. Every renewal equivalent to OP gears that exist on classic. I'm just saying I don't think losing to a big guild with big items in WoE is the sole reason nobody is on classic atm.

#50 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:54 PM

^This

How can people only be upset with FBH? GTBs are OP and allow people to solo castles (see sinx/tkm). Megs are OP because any class can get 200+ str and 1 shot people regardless of opponents gear (see champs, sinx, tkm). GR/DR are OP because it makes people "hard to kill" lol. Bryns are OP because it gives champs such a huge bonus. Asprikas are Op because it shuts down LKs, unless they have megs, see "meg OP".

"OP" is all about counterplay. FBH is OP because the user can apply its advantages very safely to a large group of people and there's really not all that much the target(s) can do about it. GTB means no redux and no buffs, Megs mean you're way overweight and reflect hurts like a bitch, GR means you can get frozen or stoned and it can be avoided with elements anyway, DR means elements hurt way more, Bryns same as GR without the ele factor, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users