Introducing KVM Armors to the Classic Server - Classic Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Introducing KVM Armors to the Classic Server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:47 AM

Since the Launch of the Classic Server there has been a call for us to release KVM and its related gear to the classic server.

Unfortunately due to ill-mannered activity witnessed on the renewal servers we have been very hesitant to release these gears via the traditional battlegrounds method.

Current Proposal:

Introduction of KVM Armors and Accessories through a token based system.

For a certain number of points (individual prices to be determined) all armors and accessories could be purchased through an exchange npc found in the upcoming Asgard Village (old payon) map.

There will be three ways to earn these points.

• WoE - We would replace some of the more junkish WoE drops with the chance for tokens that are worth points. These WoE tokens can be freely traded so that members CAN get their gear as desired.
  • MVP - A chance on the MVP drops to get tokens with points. These MVP tokens can be freely traded so that parties can group up without concern on being able to share the loot. The tokens would be worth about 3/4th as much as a WoE Token
  • Events - Participating in High Level Turn Ins, Challenge Dungeons, Seasonal Quests, and other events will also reward Event Tokens. These tokens would be account bound to prevent botting and other abuse. The token value will be worth about 1/10th of a WoE Token.

The gear itself will maintain it's account bound status as it did in previous versions of the server.

KVM Armor is important as it provides very good defensive bonuses against other players.

Any thoughts or concerns? In mid February we can start pointing the proposed price list for these items.

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:51 AM

So long as KvM weapons are never added, I'm happy. Can we get an idea of the (numerical) costs/value of tokens?

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 27 January 2015 - 11:07 AM.

#3 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:04 AM

This owns.

The thing I'm most interested in is the amount of time you sort of expect a player to spend to gather a set. KVM itself was a fairly time consuming task and a set of gear would take an average player a few months to acquire. I'm a little worried about how fast and freely available they could be, especially with tokens from treasure (not that it's a bad idea, better than more chainmail). This is your true ~*end game gear*~ and a lot of people will be using it, it should be something they have the opportunity to work towards eventually not have the tradable tokens so cheap that they can make a new character/account then spend a hundred mil for the set and be ready to go.

Also please do this before you even look at making any specific changes to woe balance (MVP cards) because these items help balance everything out a lot.

I'm glad you're not putting the weapons in on the system right now, but I'd definitely like for you to consider a way to get them ingame eventually that keeps them at the rarity they were designed and first implemented at. It wouldnt be on the token system and you could possibly just remove the +9 bonuses (or modify them) if people have a problem with someone being the luckiest person alive.

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:10 AM

You just said you're gonna give the ability to sell kvm gear

nope

edit: also how about skipping the accessories and just doing armors? Accessories could be a later thing but they're kind of a big deal.

Edited by Xellie, 27 January 2015 - 11:11 AM.

#5 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:14 AM

I wouldn't be against taking some of the slaughter or damage % bonus out of the katars and maces the Insta cast effect I like hi for specialized. Champ builds. I'm concerned about the rate at which coins drop and are they at all forts or can we make like 1 fort in each realms drop a specific box making it more contested these are just random thoughts.
Price am thinking in tiers 25/100/175for the various grades of kvm gear sets. The ring am not sure where to price as its a really good if you don't need that spot EDIT: the notion of selling the token is to stimulate the economy though micro transactions atm anything higher then 35m is. A 1 time purchase and even if a specific person is trying to make a high upgrade that's only short term sales ppl will still have a market for the tokens in two or three years the market will crash on em

Edited by zerowon, 27 January 2015 - 11:17 AM.

#6 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:16 AM

DO NOT add Weapons and Accessories. Please, do not make it worse.

EDIT (Important Stuff): If you are gonna add Glorious Rings make an npc for holy waters, so we can convert them to something like endow. 20% reduction from accessories is OP, don't suggest Cursed Waters coz iRO players are using default deadly armor. lol

Edited by Misos, 27 January 2015 - 11:55 AM.

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:17 AM

Also: kvm rewards shouldn't come from WoE. all this preaching about it being a way for newbies to catch up when they have to GODDAMN WIN TO CATCH UP MAKES NO SENSE.

Same with supplies. Stop beefing up the victors and look at alternatives. Stuff like trading in for ashes of darkness. But selling kvm equip isn't cool.

Edited by Xellie, 27 January 2015 - 11:17 AM.

#8 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:29 AM

Well the coin system on jRO works quite well, and one of the ways to gain coins is via castle loots. I'd like to see more PvM methods of token collection here though.

Given how god bits and other loots are being farmed on our server atm, it may be wise to address that issue before implementing this.

#9 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:07 PM

But what If I want to do KVM? I won't get KVM gear for it?

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:18 PM

They were talking about putting in the kvm arena with battlegrounds gears I guess.

To clarify for those who don't know. KVM equipment is supposed to take months to earn a single piece. Exploits and bugs led to people farming this stuff on a massive scale.

#11 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

Am pretty sure we're not getting new players because it takes months to gear for woe rng God is fickle

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

so you propose they get easy access to op end game gear to compete with those who have op end game gear and op god items and op mvp cards?

Edited by VModCoffee, 25 March 2015 - 06:48 PM.

#13 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

KVM equipment is supposed to take months to earn a single piece.

Watch.  KVM badges will be in one of those "lucky" boxes in a few months.

Of course, I'm just joking.  Not like that ever happened before, right?

#14 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:28 PM

Watch.  KVM badges will be in one of those "lucky" boxes in a few months.

Of course, I'm just joking.  Not like that ever happened before, right?

We have zero plans to put KVM tokens in lucky boxes on the classic server.

#15 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

You missed something with jro config, it take many different tokens to make a KVM gear, And the amount is different for things. Glorious Ring is the one that take the biggest amount. its ok to need woe badge, but it shouldn't only be woe stuff.  The only thing on jro is doing MVP give random badges so someone doing a lot of mvping can get his KVM gear done.

http://ro.doddlercon...e/?p=32#more-32

#16 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

No to kvm Weapons or Glorious Rings please. Armor and the other two rings are fine.

#17 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

Everything but weps is fine. Just add them to bg as badge rewards, same rates as KVM exchange. Fix tg and make KVM purchasable only through tg medals to avoid too easy farming.

#18 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

Everything but weps is fine. Just add them to bg as badge rewards, same rates as KVM exchange. Fix tg and make KVM purchasable only through tg medals to avoid too easy farming.

No.

No no no no no no no. No.

People need to work for these things, not afk for them. BG allows players to farm several alts at once with very little effort involved. That goes for both Flavius and Tierra. Despite Tierra being more combat-friendly, it's still farmable.

It might seem counter-intuitive, but the worst place for KvMs to be obtainable is Battlegrounds.

#19 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

No.

No no no no no no no. No.

People need to work for these things, not afk for them. BG allows players to farm several alts at once with very little effort involved. That goes for both Flavius and Tierra. Despite Tierra being more combat-friendly, it's still farmable.

It might seem counter-intuitive, but the worst place for KvMs to be obtainable is Battlegrounds.

Woe and MVPs are farmable too. People would just run alts through et and there been lots of complaints about people getting "free econ" or woe just being a "farm fest". Having them via woe would just encourage soloists, unless they made a rotating special castle.

It was origenally put in via bg and would have been perfect there besides easy exploits and putting them in kafra boxes.

If it does go in for woe why not replace some crap drops and put it in as a 0.1% drop rate for a random gear (armor/accessory) in a box and account bound upon opening. Or make an ultra hard MVP with a 24 hour spawn and a 1% drop rate for dropping each of the gears in the box as described above. There are some cool possibilities, but bg (tg mode) would be closest to the original, which you could afk in as well.

#20 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:38 PM

Sure everything on RO is farmable to some degree, but would you not want to avoid the obvious pitfalls when you can?

The degree of difficulty in farming also matters. BG is one of the easiest things to farm in the game, since one or two players can just fill up all the slots repeatedly and never have to deal with outside interference. It's just asking for what went on in Renewal all over again, which the CMs have stated they would like to avoid.

#21 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

I would love to see the KVM gear (all of it including weapons) go in, in one form or another that is consistant with the original intended aquisition rate.  All of the KVM equipment (including the weapons) was effectively the last major pre-renewal balance patch, and similar to other powerful equipment, the weapons can be fun and interesting in their intended limited supply.

I like the idea of a token system, but I think instead of just putting the tokens into one group of points, the gears should require tokens from many areas of game play, to encourage diversification of activity.  If, for instance, the items could be purchased entirely by only woe drops, people would invariably continue to not participate outside of woe and expect to earn gears.

I also think that there should be a requirement for tokens from some sort of bg area, as these were originally pvp rewards.

#22 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:29 PM

dont add kvm armors to the server all it does is push people from joining and turn woe into a tarot rng war

#23 5416131108035252313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:22 AM

KVM is major game spoiler

#24 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:56 AM

I would love to see the KVM gear (all of it including weapons) go in, in one form or another that is consistant with the original intended aquisition rate.  All of the KVM equipment (including the weapons) was effectively the last major pre-renewal balance patch, and similar to other powerful equipment, the weapons can be fun and interesting in their intended limited supply.

I like the idea of a token system, but I think instead of just putting the tokens into one group of points, the gears should require tokens from many areas of game play, to encourage diversification of activity.  If, for instance, the items could be purchased entirely by only woe drops, people would invariably continue to not participate outside of woe and expect to earn gears.

I also think that there should be a requirement for tokens from some sort of bg area, as these were originally pvp rewards.

I'd like to know how the KVM gear will improve the situation and help new players. Maybe you could explain it to my uneducated and bad at RO self please? I really am interested in your math behind these mechanics.

also just posting so my guildies, friends and people who "have no intention to ever play again" can upvote my post.

• Armors yes
  • Accessories no

Edited by Xellie, 28 January 2015 - 04:00 AM.

#25 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:07 AM

[...] with the original intended aquisition rate

As long as that's assured I see no problem with the introduction of KVM gears. People seem to dislike the weapons despite the ridiculous effort it takes just to make a KVM weapon notably stronger than a Valorous/Brave weapon but I still don't understand the hate for Glorious Rings especially when they are a decent counter to those Hibram users that seem to be a big deal lately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users