{Feb} Back to the Drawing Board~Crescentia Month! - Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

{Feb} Back to the Drawing Board~Crescentia Month!

33 replies to this topic

#1 PeachMilkTea

PeachMilkTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:04 PM

Hiya!

I'll be taking this event over from morningrose since she isn't doing any VEP events anymore :3 but I tweaked it a bit so it's a bit new, heheh. *0*

I hope you guys participate (:

Rules:

This month you will be designing an armor set for the Crescentia class. You may use any method of design whether it be pencil, crayons,photoshop clay, cosplay, whatever. Since it's Valentines Day and Mardi Gras this month, it should follow those themes. Be creative and go crazy!  :p_love:  You must include the following in your design:

• Your IGN
  • Your character's gender (prize may be gender-specific)
  • A full armor set including helmet, chest piece, gloves, pants, boots, and weapon (off-hand if applicable)
  • The name of your armor set
  • Your vote for what class and theme should be chosen for March

Prizes:  subject to change

Grand Prize: There will be 1 grand prize winner.  The grand prize winner will receive a current Munil's Costume Random Box.

Semi-Grand Prize: 2 winners will be selected by having the most votes. They will receive a Fox and Wolf Costume (30 day) [1].

Participation Prize: To anyone who submits a fully colored entry, you will receive RO1 Dancer Style (14 day) or RO1 Bard Style (14 day).

Date: This event will run from February 1st- March 31st. The next BTTDB event will start on April 1st.

Re-designs of previous armor sets, sets from RO1 are allowed.

Your design must not take 5 seconds to make. You have to actually make an effort or it will not be counted. Prizes and dates are subject to change.

Good Luck everybody ! 

Edited by PeachMilkTea, 13 March 2015 - 08:05 PM.

#2 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:12 AM

Aww grand prize nerfed again? Is this because you have to provide it yourself now?

#3 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:10 AM

Aww grand prize nerfed again? Is this because you have to provide it yourself now?

Aye, that's right. We still hope that limitations on the given prizes won't be a reason for players to stop enjoying some of these events that have been running for a while  :p_smile: so please don't let that discourage you and share the art!  :p_idea:

Good luck to everyone! I really admire some of the drawings i've seen on past BTTDB  :p_laugh:

Edited by faku1810, 28 January 2015 - 04:11 AM.

#4 PeachMilkTea

PeachMilkTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:54 AM

In the future I'll try to give out better prizes and such :3

But yeah, I hope this doesn't affect the participation @v@

Edited by PeachMilkTea, 28 January 2015 - 10:59 AM.

#5 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

In the future I'll try to give out better prizes and such :3

But yeah, I hope this doesn't affect the participation @v@

Not to worry, I can understand :) Things are hard for all event planners nowadays. I was also checking to make sure it wasn't a typo too (the wording last month was slightly confusing until it was explained). I hope it doesn't affect participation either, though if it does, I sincerely hope WP will consider changing its policy on events.

#6 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

*^* do my class proud!!!!! i reeeeeally wanna see what people do for cres!!!! the theme sounds sooooo cool!!!!!

#7 PeachMilkTea

PeachMilkTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

2 weeks into February and no entires~ come on peeps :3!

#8 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:28 PM

^I have my idea already! Wait for me XD

#9 Kekzi

Kekzi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:27 PM

I might enter : 3

#10 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

Community Management Bunny

• Retired
  • 715 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

Do you want to extend this through to the end of March? We can provide ERPBs to qualifying entries and the upcoming March Plat box costume to the winner.

#11 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

Procrastination at its best~ Apologies for the lazy quality this time around, was a busy month so I used my quick method instead of my high-quality method. This design definitely came out of an epiphany moment. It made so much sense at the time haha. PAPER CUT. Because they hurt like hell. Then everything clicked together for me. Crescentias cut people, paper cuts people. Brilliant.  :ic: 

I was going to abandon it when I realized that this month requires a themed drawing because I'm lonely and we don't celebrate Mardi Gras over here. But suddenly remembered, hey wait, when I was younger and poorer, I couldn't afford to buy roses, but I made them myself instead! That's right, I made origami roses! Everything was clicking into place, it brings tears to my eyes.  :sob:  Suggestion: if we ever get a chance to do more of these events, no more themed challenges please. Turns out they were way more restrictive than I'd imagine. I abandoned a few ideas because they didn't fit the criteria and it took two weeks to come up with an idea that finally worked.

Spoiler

Explanation:
I really didn't want to make a 100% Valentines theme, so I only left enough in there to meet the minimum requirements: Origami winged heart details on the shoes. Okay fine, I made the tail into a heart too. The rest is pretty straight forward: Dress and shoe are meant to imitate folded paper, I wanted to keep it a simple and elegant design and not too over the top. The texture is obligatory flower pattern, because why not. Sadly I used a modular flower instead of a rose in the hair because 1) I couldn't be bothered to draw a rose :P and 2) such an accessory already exists. Bracelet or "gloves" are just a crane. Yep, pretty much the most recognized model when speaking of origami. Did you notice that the scythe was also the neck of the crane? 10 points if you did. She had a normal face, but upon adding the cheeks, I discovered how damn cute she would be with derpface. So there you have it, derpfaced Crescentias <3

Vote for next month: Beastmaster! (I especially think that Grizzly form entries should be accepted, people are always suggesting Grizzly formed costumes!)

Prize: I don't know what will be in the March box, or even if I'd want it, but I am definitely in favour for the delay if Warpportal supplies the prizes. Events should be fun for the players AND the event planner. There is no logical reason why the burden of awarding a prize goes to the event planner when WP can generate it for free. Even though events should be fun in-and-of itself, the event-participating community has died off significantly since Rose left, it's a necessary time to provide incentives once again. 

Forgot to say IGN: Arbalist, female.

Edited by Arbalist, 28 February 2015 - 11:58 PM.

#12 PeachMilkTea

PeachMilkTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

I think this will go on till the end of March...

Unless Arbalist, you want the prize o3o

Also, probably not going to do this again (._.)

#13 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:43 PM

It might not be worth extending it anymore since the Costume/Mount design contests running until Mid March and ApriI respectively might be an issue ):. It's unfortunate that there aren't more entries, because I do enjoy seeing how other artists interpret the same topic. Well it doesn't matter too much to me, but I wouldn't mind getting a Fox and Wolf, since I never got the starter pack one to extend xD 

I'd be able to keep Drawing Boards open if you aren't able to, since the VEP program is cancelled and no one is obligated to host it anymore. Though I'll likely wait until after WP events are over.

(I really do want to see at least one cycle of every class, especially those bear-in-a-tutu entries for Beastmaster month haha).

#14 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:09 PM

I might pop in an entry later, if the event is still open?

#15 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:28 AM

Probably i'm wrong but i think the lack of active players in game ( the exp event on weekends focused all the players attention only on 2 days per week so the other days they simply do something else), the fact that Crescentia was done before (or it was sm?) while other classes went ignored, we lost a good bunch of nice designers in the previous monts. At all this add the fact that wp officially stopped to provide prizes and that everything has to be provided by the event planner. A lot of players just don't feel right to partecipate to events that are good for wp wallet because keep ppl in game but that force the event planner to use their own money (kp or zenny).
To conclude i'm sorry to say that you can close this event with a few days of preadvice and stop brothering about it since in the end you are the one that will feel the worst and the more you make it go on the worst it will be.
I'm really sorry to say this all and i wish it wasn't like this maybe in the future it will be better.

PS I hope that what happened here will force to think at a certain GM on the future of the game :(

#16 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:34 AM

IGN: Akelos (male)
Server: Odin
Set Name: Adulation
Next Round: Beastmaster

16llglj.png

Edited by Axtar, 08 March 2015 - 01:54 AM.

#17 YamamotoKatsuya

YamamotoKatsuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

ah...i think i can manage on making armors for cres... hue hue hue  (RIP costume design)

hope i wont get an "art-block" again   :wah: 

#18 jcTOFU

jcTOFU

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:16 AM

Also, probably not going to do this again (._.)

don't stop making events, some people looking forward from this kind of event just wait until deadline  :no1:

#19 Vokial

Vokial

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:48 AM

I thought event already ended. Give me a few days, maybe I'll draw something.

Edited by Vokial, 10 March 2015 - 02:54 AM.

#20 YamamotoKatsuya

YamamotoKatsuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:07 AM

Date: This event will run from February 1st- February 28th. 

mygahd.. i forgot how to read.................  :sob:

#21 jcTOFU

jcTOFU

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:52 AM

mygahd.. i forgot how to read.................  :sob:

but they say, end of march,  :questionmark:

#22 YamamotoKatsuya

YamamotoKatsuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:57 PM

but they say, end of march,  :questionmark:

err... it says the nxt btdb is on march 1st?? im not really sure when is the deadline, or it already ended ???  :Emo_17:

#23 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

Community Management Bunny

• Retired
  • 715 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:43 AM

If Peach for some reason decides to leave the event, I will take it over so that you can continue to send entries until the end of march either way.

#24 YamamotoKatsuya

YamamotoKatsuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:50 PM

If Peach for some reason decides to leave the event, I will take it over so that you can continue to send entries until the end of march either way.

only "If"  :Emo_22:

well if possible. i'll make one after i finish the costume design ....(it's been 4weeks i think and it's not yet done)  :Emo_21:

#25 Vokial

Vokial

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:30 AM

IGN: Ytiel (male)
Server: Odin
Set Name: HellWind
Next Round: Beastmaster

Noel_zpssqbfy6m9.jpg

Edited by Vokial, 14 March 2015 - 02:32 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users