[Call in an Airstrike!] Bot Patrol targeting coordinates requested [Read 1st post] - Page 4 - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Call in an Airstrike!] Bot Patrol targeting coordinates requested [Read 1st post]

2744 replies to this topic

#76 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:12 AM

Could you please explain why you believe they should receive an airstrike? Why do you believe they are hurting the game exactly?

This thread was made to target bots. Not hurting the game in any way shouldnt exempt them.

#77 Chelsea2k10

Chelsea2k10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1746 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:14 AM

Server: Renewal Chaos / Classic

Time: Everyday 24/7/365

Map: Louyang Dungeons, Amatsu Dungeons, Clock Tower Dungeons, Orc Dungeons, Orc Village, Amatsu Field

Prontera City, Payon City, Morroc City, Pyramid Dungeons, Sphinx Dungeon, Juno City, Juno Fields. Lighthalzen Field, Rachel City, Rachel Fields, Comodo City, Comodo Dungeons and Comodo Fields.

#78 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:16 AM

This thread was made to target bots. Not hurting the game in any way shouldnt exempt them.

actually those are specifically exempted. feel free to make a topic in general chat where I am sure many would be more than happy to discuss at length. there's a reason why one of your previous "reports" involving the ragial bot is no longer in this thread.

#79 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:16 AM

Please read the OP

==Please keep the maps being reported to ~1-3 per report so the GMs will be spending an equivalent amount of time on each request ===

#80 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

actually those are specifically exempted. feel free to make a topic in general chat where I am sure many would be more than happy to discuss at length. there's a reason why one of your previous "reports" involving the ragial bot is no longer in this thread.

It still is on page 1.

I dont think people would mind if it were the GMs themselves who run those bots.

But exempting ordinary players from getting checked just because they have bots that "do good" for most people is a problem. Because if they can run good bots, what makes you think they arent running bad bots?

#81 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

I can run bots, , what makes you think I'm not? Should probably check all my IPs constantly.

#82 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:33 AM

Server: Chaos/Classic... you name it

Time: Every hour of every day

Map: Prontera, Eden 2F, Payon (not sure about the last 2 maps for Classic)

Profile: Vend bots... well, makes sense right? Here we manual players are getting our shops closed when we are disconnected and theirs don't.

P.S. Please stop this discussion on Ragial. It's an overrated topic. <_<

Edited by Exuro, 02 February 2015 - 10:34 AM.

#83 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:02 PM

But exempting ordinary players from getting checked just because they have bots that "do good" for most people is a problem. Because if they can run good bots, what makes you think they arent running bad bots?

where is anyone saying that people are automatically "exempted" from bot checks? if someone is running a bad bot, it is reportable and will be investigated. ragial wouldn't fall under that category, so reporting something like that is pointless and a waste of time. if you can find a "bad bot" being operated by these people then feel free to report them, but just to point you in the right direction, it wouldn't be in a town.

also, I guess proxies are a foreign concept to the masses but if someone were truly trying to hide their activities, just screening based on IP wouldn't do a single thing. otherwise gold farmers would have been eliminated from the game ages ago.

#84 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:24 PM

Server: Renewal Chaos / Classic

Time: Everyday 24/7/365

Map: Louyang Dungeons, Amatsu Dungeons, Clock Tower Dungeons, Orc Dungeons, Orc Village, Amatsu Field

Prontera City, Payon City, Morroc City, Pyramid Dungeons, Sphinx Dungeon, Juno City, Juno Fields. Lighthalzen Field, Rachel City, Rachel Fields, Comodo City, Comodo Dungeons and Comodo Fields.

While I can understand your frustration, as I too share it, this isn't a very useful post. We have a chance to give direct influence to bots being removed, so why don't we actually give specific locations and see them be done? 

Same thing with the Ragial discussion or buffer bots -- those have their own threads for discussion, please don't derail and gunk up this one. Let's try to be productive, yeah?

On that topic:

Server: Chaos

Time: Only been there in evenings (7pm+ Pacific time) but I assume always

Profile: Multiple assassin bots and a priest that I saw, they exhibited typical bot things like walking into walls or two classes moving/acting simultaneously in completely opposite directions (priest walking by and buffing).

Same thing in Glast Heim Churchyard, tho I'm sure that one's been reported already. 

#85 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:56 PM

Attention! Reports radio'd in from the GM air wing indicates that the bot bodycount on Renewal is in the hundreds and climbing! Many thanks for those reports!

tumblr_mtumz9CCHG1s5oxc0o1_500.gif

tumblr_n6w1heGUI51tdfalbo1_400.gif

#86 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

where is anyone saying that people are automatically "exempted" from bot checks? if someone is running a bad bot, it is reportable and will be investigated. ragial wouldn't fall under that category, so reporting something like that is pointless and a waste of time. if you can find a "bad bot" being operated by these people then feel free to report them, but just to point you in the right direction, it wouldn't be in a town.

also, I guess proxies are a foreign concept to the masses but if someone were truly trying to hide their activities, just screening based on IP wouldn't do a single thing. otherwise gold farmers would have been eliminated from the game ages ago.

AND, gold farmers or even those spam botters are still in the game because they are only suspended when caught, not IP banned.

Most crimes are committed for some people's benefit, but that doesnt remove the fact that those are crimes. And botting, here, is a crime which NO ONE should be exempted.

PS I really have nothing against ragial, I used it a lot before. I just wish it wasnt run by a bot.

#87 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:46 PM

Soo... Healing bots are legal or not ?

#88 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:58 PM

if the GMs say the SELECT FEW in town are okay, then they are okay.  why do you people still argue about this?  there ARE rule exceptions everywhere in life.

#89 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:23 PM

if the GMs say the SELECT FEW in town are okay, then they are okay.  why do you people still argue about this?  there ARE rule exceptions everywhere in life.

Problem is I've read all of Oda's posts in this thread and there was no mention of anyone getting exempted from being reported.

#90 HMP0824

HMP0824

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:43 PM

Soo... Healing bots are legal or not ?

i agree and disagree with you.

buff bots are bots yes, and bot user needs to be banned. but the thing is. the man who run those buff bots doesn't get any benefit from it, in fact those buff bots are very useful specially when you die and when you're leveling. imagine when you die, you don't need to waste pots to fill your HP bar. all you need to do is go to izlude and say "heal please" thats all..

so banning those buff bots is NON-SENSE! Specially you get benefits from them.

Server: Chaos (renewal)

Time: right now ( PDT 5:40 pm)

Map: Zenhai Marsh (Cmd_fild03)

Profile: level 99 rogues (farming ygg seeds)

#91 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

We're developing NPCs that will cover some of the basic in-town buff/heal services that are currently being offered by automated characters so those character's services will not longer be needed. If characters like those run by ragnastats or Ragial are operating outside of specifically defined purposes please ticket in to report them. This thread is for posting high priority targets. 

#92 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

Thank you for the clarification.

#93 Rukia00

Rukia00

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:38 PM

Time: Daytime
Map: Undersea Tunnel(iz_dun01)
Profile: In a group of 3 - one AB,one wiz and one tanker

#94 WhiteSpiritYuki

WhiteSpiritYuki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:48 PM

Time: Now

Map: ve_fild07

Profile: Male Geneticist wearing the New Year Baphomet hat. LOL it's so funny. I was watching him attacking a Mysterious Bug for 5 minutes and he couldn't kill it because the Droseras and Muscipulars kept healing it and he just kept hacking at it. That's gotta be a bot right??? 

#95 yrdaq

yrdaq

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:19 PM

Time: 24/7

Map: yuno_fild02

Profile: Sura bots with same name pattern wearing Eden Group Hat II

#96 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:44 PM

Actually I'm wondering if we could list out popular botted maps, that might makes things easier for GM to mass ban them. Because as I've seen on this post, there are quite some maps that are being repeatedly speaking of. For example payon_fild08, gef_gild06, gh_kgt01 and so (there are of course many more, these are just for example ). Also, a routine banning would be favored.

Time: pretty much 24/7

Map: pay_fild08 , gef_fild06, gh_kgt01

Profile: many kind of bots could be found here

#97 Ryuuzan

Ryuuzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:25 AM

there's actually nothing inherently wrong with chars with three letter names, nor is there anything inherently wrong with a shadow chaser possessing the raging trifecta blow ability.

is it wrong for me to say theres a crusader with 3 letters running around the map and another knight with the exact same letter format running around and automatically turning away from a monster i hit? im talking about bots, mind you

#98 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:54 AM

kcPKh9z.gif

#99 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:18 AM

is it wrong for me to say theres a crusader with 3 letters running around the map and another knight with the exact same letter format running around and automatically turning away from a monster i hit? im talking about bots, mind you

if it's exhibiting bot-like behavior feel free to report, but just because a character has a certain name format or is using a certain ability doesn't mean that it's a bot. just wanted to make that distinction.

#100 Ryuuzan

Ryuuzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:47 AM

if it's exhibiting bot-like behavior feel free to report, but just because a character has a certain name format or is using a certain ability doesn't mean that it's a bot. just wanted to make that distinction.

thats what im trying to do. im profiling the bots in that specific map.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users