ML Grinding Guide(from a noob, to fellow noobs) - Ragnarok 2 Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

ML Grinding Guide(from a noob, to fellow noobs)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ShinShan

ShinShan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMagnolia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:00 AM

Hey guys, I know there are already guides in there for RO2, but most of them seem to be outdated, or to be precise, they don't include Master Level(ML) guides for newbies.

And so we decided to make a thread, and videos for newbies to read and watch; and hopefully, to enlighten and answer some of your questions and curiosity.

This project is a work in progress. If you have questions or concerns about the topic, don't be shy to post them here, we will try to answer them to the best of our knowledge.

We hope that these guides won't make any confusion;

to make it clear, these are just our own ways of doing the grinds, if some people claims that they have better ways of grinding,

then don't hold yourself back, who knows, their procedure might be better than ours.

And also you guys are welcome to post your own guides and tips here, even feedback and criticism. It can help us improve our craft. Thanks, and GL~

RO2 ML Grinding Guide for ML1-7 or 8, Condor Grind

RO2 ML Grinding Guide for ML8-11 or 16, Muka/Wolves/Magicians Grind

i'm still trying to work on the other videos..

I also suggest to please watch them in 480p resolution or above.

As I promised in the Condor Grind Guide, here is the Element Table for RO2

Spoiler

when you use the right element against monsters, you will deal x2 damage; on the other hand, if you used an element to it's weakness(back of the arrow), you will only deal 50% damage.
but ofcourse, that excludes the neutral or no-element, which deals 100% damage regardless of the element you are attacking,

same as using any element against a neutral-element monster, will only deal 100% damage.

Question: "How would i know what element a specific monster is?"

Answer:

Spoiler

Question: "How can I put element on my weapon?"

Answer:

Spoiler

Question: "How can I verify if I am using the right element?"

Answer:

Spoiler

I'll try to add more info about ML grinding when I get more free time..

Edited by ShinShan, 08 February 2015 - 06:40 PM.

#2 Eischia

Eischia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Server:♥Odin♥

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:03 AM

What a N00b Liss you aren't even wearing contra element omg!!

Just kidding, nice video, keep up the good work *^* da sessy palmu<3

#3 ShinShan

ShinShan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMagnolia

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

What a N00b Liss you aren't even wearing contra element omg!!

Just kidding, nice video, keep up the good work *^* da sessy palmu<3

coz i'm poor >.>  i can't afford to use elemental weapon, coz i can't get atleast another one for the other elements >.>
 and yesu!! palma is love, palma is lyfu *^* thanks!

#4 ShinShan

ShinShan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMagnolia

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:36 PM

The thread has been updated.

Please do notify me if i missed anything, or if i did something wrong.
 You can also post questions, and/or requests of which guides you wanted to see next. ^O^

#5 Warrantless

Warrantless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:15 AM

Thumbs up.. nice work..

#6 ShinShan

ShinShan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMagnolia

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:26 AM

Bump! Thread is updated again.  :p_smile:  

I added the Muka/Wolves/Magicians Grinding Guide video.

Thumbs up.. nice work..

thanks ^O^

#7 Kynoxis

Kynoxis

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:34 AM

Very nice. It'll help a lot the new players.

My only suggestion is that you make the chat font bigger in your next videos, because it's really hard to read what you are typing with the default font size.

Keep up the good work  :no1:

#8 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:23 PM

thanks for providing this helpful guide. you can also tell if you're doing 2x more dmg to the mob if there is an arrow pointing up to the left of the monster's element and vice versa if you're going to do 1/2 dmg

#9 Emilizzard

Emilizzard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Server:Odin ofc <3

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:38 AM

Awesome! I was thinking of doing a bunch of ML guides, but now I don't need to do grinding tutorials :3

I'm still thinking of making tutorial videos for specific classes/roles though, maybe help eliminate some of the problems people have been having with bad tanks/healers.

As for having multiple weapons for elements, I typically put my most-used element on my nice weapon, then grab some of those green drops for the other elements I need. (I'm poor too). This way the element I need most also had the highest stats from the weapon, but I get that nice x2 damage. For example, a ML20 will have an Osiris weapon as Sinister (I prefer to skip DWL, so I don't need Firmament for that), then a bunch of Desert Scorpion for other elements. If I was to go in DWL, I'd probably put Firmament on my Osiris weapon, and use a Desert Storm for Sinister and Earth/Life. Also at 21+ you can get blue gear (Witch) as a drop; I just used that for my SM because of laziness, and it worked just fine.

I'm curious to see which type of Osiris run you'll video though :3

#10 ShinShan

ShinShan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMagnolia

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:17 AM

Very nice. It'll help a lot the new players.

My only suggestion is that you make the chat font bigger in your next videos, because it's really hard to read what you are typing with the default font size.

Keep up the good work  :no1:

thanks! and yes, i totally forgot about that,that's the reason i said "watch it in 480p reso or above" . (>_<)

i'll try to use larger font next time..

thanks for providing this helpful guide. you can also tell if you're doing 2x more dmg to the mob if there is an arrow pointing up to the left of the monster's element and vice versa if you're going to do 1/2 dmg

Thanks for sharing that valuable info.. i'll try to post some screenshots regarding those upward and downward arrows..

Awesome! I was thinking of doing a bunch of ML guides, but now I don't need to do grinding tutorials :3

I'm still thinking of making tutorial videos for specific classes/roles though, maybe help eliminate some of the problems people have been having with bad tanks/healers.

As for having multiple weapons for elements, I typically put my most-used element on my nice weapon, then grab some of those green drops for the other elements I need. (I'm poor too). This way the element I need most also had the highest stats from the weapon, but I get that nice x2 damage. For example, a ML20 will have an Osiris weapon as Sinister (I prefer to skip DWL, so I don't need Firmament for that), then a bunch of Desert Scorpion for other elements. If I was to go in DWL, I'd probably put Firmament on my Osiris weapon, and use a Desert Storm for Sinister and Earth/Life. Also at 21+ you can get blue gear (Witch) as a drop; I just used that for my SM because of laziness, and it worked just fine.

I'm curious to see which type of Osiris run you'll video though :3

Thanks! I saw some of your helpful guides too, hooray for us Game Tour Guides!! Including ArBEAR, and EmiLIZZARD ..  :p_love: 

Regarding osi run, we actually made one already, but i'm hesitating on uploading it..

I'm thinking of a re-make, would you guys care to share some suggestions about the osi guide?
And what do you mean which "type" ?
  :hmm:

#11 Emilizzard

Emilizzard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:14 AM

Regarding osi run, we actually made one already, but i'm hesitating on uploading it..

I'm thinking of a re-make, would you guys care to share some suggestions about the osi guide?
And what do you mean which "type" ?
  :hmm:

When I started playing last spring, there was one specific way to run Osi (where you stopped etc.), that everybody seemed to agree on. Recently, if/when I party with randoms, they stop in different spots than I'm used to, and it gets confusing x-x I'm just curious about which one you're going to do  :rice: One of them ignores the snakes, the other stops next to (some of) them so they can be killed too.

It'd be nice if we could all agree again, it's really hard when the tank is trying to do one version and the sorc uses LoR on the other version's next spot...  :sob: Then the sorc is blamed and called mean names....

But I digress. That's gonna be part of my class/role tutorials~  :ok:  

#12 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:25 AM

I made a step by step guide on Osiris before, maybe it'll save you some work. I'll have to dig around to find it though :)

EDIT: Found it. Up to you whether or not you want to include it ^ ^
http://forums.warppo...iris/?p=1850489

Edited by Arbalist, 05 February 2015 - 11:32 AM.

#13 ShinShan

ShinShan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMagnolia

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:00 PM

I made a step by step guide on Osiris before, maybe it'll save you some work. I'll have to dig around to find it though :)

EDIT: Found it. Up to you whether or not you want to include it ^ ^
http://forums.warppo...iris/?p=1850489

Was that a video? Or written guide? You can just add it here, 'coz i'll be uploading the osi dungeon video soon.. ^O^

EDIT: I happen to mentioned those spots in our video, but still, thanks for sharing it, it helps.
And it has a detailed guide too.
:no1:

When I started playing last spring, there was one specific way to run Osi (where you stopped etc.), that everybody seemed to agree on. Recently, if/when I party with randoms, they stop in different spots than I'm used to, and it gets confusing x-x I'm just curious about which one you're going to do  :rice: One of them ignores the snakes, the other stops next to (some of) them so they can be killed too.

It'd be nice if we could all agree again, it's really hard when the tank is trying to do one version and the sorc uses LoR on the other version's next spot...  :sob: Then the sorc is blamed and called mean names....

But I digress. That's gonna be part of my class/role tutorials~  :ok:  

Oh, if that's your concern, we have shown the "common stops"  and the "better stops" in osi dungeon, we even showed the difference between a "full run" and "fast run". 
Welp, hope our video is clear enough for the viewers to understand and to learn from. Though I haven't fixed the font issue there yet, 'coz we made the three videos all in the same day. :p_sick: 

Ok, before I upload the osiris dungeon video, can you guys confirm if you can read my messages in the chatbox? Or was I just talking to myself all this time?
If can't, then we might have to remake the video, if yes, then i'll upload the one we have made.

Edited by ShinShan, 05 February 2015 - 12:12 PM.

#14 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

I can read it clearly in 1080p HD.

#15 ShinShan

ShinShan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMagnolia

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

How about in 480p? 720p? full screen? and restored window?

And i'm thinking small monitors, and low resolution PC won't be able to view them properly.
Sorry, I can't seem to preview them in youtube, I can only preview them thru the original file, and i'm using 1920x1080 resolution here.

Edited by ShinShan, 05 February 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#16 Emilizzard

Emilizzard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

Ooh okay :3

It'd be nice though if people could make it a habit to agree on the run type before just running off and assuming everybody would be doing the same thing >_<

#17 ShinShan

ShinShan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMagnolia

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:29 PM

Bump-u.. Thread Updated!

Changes: Added tips on how to verify if you are using the right element or not.

Added subtitle to Condor Grinding Video.

Edited by ShinShan, 08 February 2015 - 06:38 PM.

#18 ShinShan

ShinShan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMagnolia

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:37 PM

Hello everyone!
I'm sorry I haven't updated this thread yet, i'm currently busy irl. 
I don't know if when will I get the chance to, but i'll update it asap..

Everyone can post suggestions/questions/feedback here, you can even share your own guide(s)..
I'll visit whenever I can, see ya! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users