2-4-2015 Classic Maintenance Thread - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

2-4-2015 Classic Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:57 PM

Has anyone tried a Rutabaga?

A cross between the cabbage and turnip the Rutabaga is a root vegetable widely in many old Norse regional countries; Roasted, boiled, baked, or mashed serve it with a little butter or cream and you will have quite the meal.

On the docket for update today is the following:

Classic ROadmap Projects

-Asgard Village MK 1 - This is an expansion of the training grounds, a place for low level and high level players to hang out, it provides warps to early dungeons and various NPC convenience services. 

Quests

-Juperos Turn In

-Update Mage Job Change Quest

• Zeny Reward for Job Changing changed from 50 -> 5,000 zeny. This is so the new player can buy some npc gear and potions.

-Removed Memo from Wounded Morroc's Map

-Deleted all memos to Wounded Morroc's Map

-Next week will create a token that can be purchased for small amount of zeny by characters who have completed the access quest. This token will allow users to invite others to join them for 24 hours on Wounded Morrocs Map.

Invisible Token with no Zeny Clost.

User A: Completed Access Quest and is grouped with User B, and User C

User B and C cannot normally access the map.
While everyone is in Morroc on the same map
User A accesses the map doing so flags User B and User C with access since they are in the same party

When User B and C talk to the NPC they gain access  for 24 hours.

Monsters

Clock Tower 2: Spawn of 40 Owl Dukes properly removed and replaced with 40 instantly respawning Clocks

Clock Tower 4: Replaced spawn of Clocks with 40 instantly respawning Owl Dukes

Added Owl Baron with a ~5 minute respawn

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:58 PM

JUPEROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#3 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:59 PM

A+ 

#4 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

Potato Memorial Maintenance

#5 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:06 PM

Awesome update @_@

#6 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Classic - Loki

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

What is Asgard Village MK 1 ?

#7 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:11 PM

What is Asgard Village MK 1 ?

It's our new Classic new player hub after the training grounds!

http://forums.warppo...g-village-mk-i/

#8 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:21 PM

Classic just updated something?

#9 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:05 PM

Does this mean we're going to be losing Dragons this week? Also how is your challenge dungeon prep going, can you give us any more details about the drops or theme of the dungeon?

Really looking forward to the Asgard Village and think it could be a very useful tool for us to grow the community.

Thing of the week:

So I'm gonna take one of my things every week and just write some stuff about it to see if we can talk through it and see if we can justify getting it implemented. This week I'd like to talk about the Guild Dungeon spawns. I think right now they're a little uneven, it's an important part of the game right now with GSBs being the only real way a guild supplies itself. Here's how things look right now, the total number of regularly killable monsters in each dungeon is as follows:

Luina (http://db.irowiki.or...info/gld_dun02/) - 60 total box dropping monsters

gld_dun02.png

Valk (http://db.irowiki.or...info/gld_dun03/) - 120 total box dropping monsters

gld_dun03.png

Baldur (http://db.irowiki.or...info/gld_dun01/) - 60 total box dropping monsters

gld_dun01.png

Brit (http://db.irowiki.or...info/gld_dun04/) - 57 total box dropping monsters

gld_dun04.png

I wanted to get the number of walkable tiles for each but Doddler isnt around right now and I'm not really too sure how else I'd get that information. Of the four dungeons only Luina/Valk right now are really worth the time/effort to spend down there hunting. Baldur is pretty close I think, but it needs a small boost to bring it up, it has a pretty large amount of open space meaning a bit of extra walking around to gather everything together before killing it. Changing Gajomart speed was big and I feel that Baldur only needs 5-7 more of each three types to make it usable. Brit is also quite large but not to the extent of Valk or Baldur but still has the lowest overall total number of monsters. I'm not entirely sure how much you need to boost this to make it worth visiting, possibly as much as 50% more monsters (so ~25 of each or 75 total).

It would be really nice for some smaller guilds to have the option to focus on a single fort instead of getting <fort they want> and <fort in valk/luina they want to hunt boxes from>. Also with the two dungeons we have right now they're pretty LK favoured. Baldur could be an option for Wizards and Brit an option for ME/TU Priests or GC Saders.

Here is the rest of my things (its getting shorter woo):

• Bio3 - just give us the default spawns with wizards and all
  • BGs - do something to make Tierra worth playing, equalise the badge gain, its far more interesting and will help get more people interested regularly
  • Gemstones - just put yellow/reds in the mail annex please, you take an annoying semi-time consuming step out of getting them
  • MVP variance - i'd like to see some rebalancing of it slightly, having a 60 minute MVP with the same variance as a 12 hour seems really weird. It's annoying killing a bunch of short spawn MVPs and the long spawns are impossible to find because its the same group/person just killing it all week
  • Remove stuff from the boxes - can we stop getting the unbound boxes? It's annoying having to explain it to people and seems like a fairly simple fix, just replace them on the drop table
  • Short term VIP - I dont always have an account VIP'd and someone mentioned trying short VIPs in a suggestion thread months ago, I'm sure lots of people play in short bursts (especially around exp/drops events) and I'm sure more people would be willing to regularly VIP if they had more control over it even at a higher cost than 30/90 days etc
  • Blue Twin - please consider adding 10 atk to the Blue Twin, the Red Twins are in super high demand and they're same drop rate from the same boss.

#10 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

Nobody's really using Dragons anymore. It'll be nice to see something new.

Also, I think instead of adding ATK to the Blue Twin, they should add MATK. One sword represents physical, the other magical. It'd synergise with Frost Driver (the skill attached to the Blue Twin) quite well too.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 02 February 2015 - 09:40 PM.

#11 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:13 PM

Awesome. Been waiting for old payon looooong time. Will this replace payon? I mean when I go to the exit, is it pay_fild01?

#12 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:18 PM

[*]Blue Twin - please consider adding 10 atk to the Blue Twin, the Red Twins are in super high demand and they're same drop rate from the same boss.

Fire element is more useful than Ice in both WoE and PVM.but i like the color of blue twin lol

Edited by kruim21, 02 February 2015 - 10:19 PM.

#13 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:35 PM

It seems that some of the graphical issues I was having in 2.0 forts are resolved. May or may not be a coincidence!

Also, I think instead of adding ATK to the Blue Twin, they should add MATK. One sword represents physical, the other magical. It'd synergise with Frost Driver (the skill attached to the Blue Twin) quite well too.

I dont think this is a good idea.

Awesome. Been waiting for old payon looooong time. Will this replace payon? I mean when I go to the exit, is it pay_fild01?

I'm pretty sure new Payon would still remain as there's too much stuff there and not really enough room for it all. Not sure if we really want it linked to the other maps, what if someone leaves and winds up in the wrong Payon and gets confused/lost.

Fire element is more useful than Ice in both WoE and PVM.but i like the color of blue twin lol

The element of the weapon is largely irrelevant, I just feel that the weapons should be of equal value. It'd let people pick which colour they liked and convert/endow the element they wanted while also lowering the price of Red Swords and boosting the price of the Blues which are much less desired.

Also we were just talking about this and instead of editing my other post I'm going to write it out here.

Fix. Your. Patcher.

Not everyone knows how to bypass and not everyone will come here looking for solution. I'm not sure what's causing the problem, but you should start looking for a solution because it's pretty important. People should be able to open up the game and start playing. If you cannot fix it, provide everyone with the knowledge or bypass shortcut. There hasnt been any huge issues with people not patching lately (we still have a couple of people who refuse to patch until required due to how bad it was in the first 6-8 months of the server) so providing people with the ability to skip it may be a worthwhile option.

#14 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:54 PM

I also don't think your idea is a good idea. At least a small amount of MATK on the Blue Twin maintains a difference instead of making the swords functionally identical like you propose :P

#15 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:28 AM

I also don't think your idea is a good idea. At least a small amount of MATK on the Blue Twin maintains a difference instead of making the swords functionally identical like you propose :P

You don't need MATK to make Frost Diver more effective, doing that won't help making the blue sword more useful.

#16 Kusua

Kusua

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:46 AM

Can you guys please fix the Kafra Stacker in Eden? We are not able to stack the Battle Manual 3x from this month's groove pack, it is taking up a lot of our storage space and vending slot as well.

#17 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:07 AM

You don't need MATK to make Frost Diver more effective, doing that won't help making the blue sword more useful.

MATK on classes with no INT in order to use FD on other classes with enough INT-based MDEF to nullify it. It would provide great utility to the sword, in contrast to the Red Twin's higher ATK.

#18 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:52 AM

MATK on classes with no INT in order to use FD on other classes with enough INT-based MDEF to nullify it. It would provide great utility to the sword, in contrast to the Red Twin's higher ATK.

If you're on a class with no INT even getting 20% more MATK won't help you hit anyone like that, using a ranged physical attack with status (4x marinas) weapon would get you better results.

Making the sword into a gadgetish freezing or a pseudo-elemental sword for grand cross weapon won't help to make it more appealing. Giving it that missing 10 ATK will give us the choice between two more or less equivalent weapons which would be similar to pick one of the two BG maces for a champ.

note: maybe that'd be more effective on that person wearing unfrozen fire armor

Edited by darkabe, 03 February 2015 - 01:53 AM.

#19 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:19 AM

I don't know about this new date format. I am afraid of change.

#20 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:24 AM

I don't know about this new date format. I am afraid of change.

I agree. Please make it 2014 again kthx.

#21 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:00 AM

It was the valfreyja glitch fix. If people missed it, they should download it here

This would allow melee chars to use it and is a great idea.

note: maybe that'd be more effective on that person wearing unfrozen fire armor

Lol. Unfrozen Fire armor hahaha Frost diver doing damage lololol. Amusing. Also creepy. But funny regardless. I may be wrong but if someone was to use fire unfro  I'd assume they're using a gtb or something.

Are you REALLY asking for a weapon to be buffed to help take down one person? Damn.

Actually, it will make it SO much more useful for int classes. Being able to pop an FD and freeze someone on sinx? yespls.

edit: I am quite fond of SD sinx in PVP and you really don't want me having that extra physical atk AND frost diver. I had to make my weapon based on accepting the lower atk so I could freeze people. And it was a compromise I had to accept. The red sword was carded to switch to if I really need it, so that would be wasted with this change to. Forced choices on items are important.

It would be better to create an earth and wind sword from a new mvp, imo.

There's nothing wrong with blue twins.

Edited by Xellie, 03 February 2015 - 07:06 AM.

#22 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:06 AM

remove prontera benches, replace with rutabegas, server vitality increases 1000%

but yeah i wanna see the deets on that juperos turn in eeeeeee

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:08 AM

remove prontera benches, replace with rutabegas, server vitality increases 1000%

but yeah i wanna see the deets on that juperos turn in eeeeeee

I'm not rebirthing him, back down.

You don't wanna start a root vegetable war with me son.

#24 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:12 AM

I'm not rebirthing him, back down.

You don't wanna start a root vegetable war with me son.

camp's already on the rutabega side, what are you gonna do? potato about it? lol.

to stay on topic yeah a confirmation/denial of dragons coming in would probably be useful, just in case. i imagine it'll show up post-maint, i hope? 

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:32 AM

They're called Swedes here and are quite delicious in stew. Not as delicious as the potatoes which go all soft and melty, but still good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users