2-4-2015 Classic Maintenance Thread - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

2-4-2015 Classic Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#26 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:39 AM

so in a tuber war, does one go to the ground as opposed to going to the mattresses?

#27 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:37 AM

Gangster scarf in lucky box cause we need it /no1

#28 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axomamma 

Take that rutabagas! 

#29 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

Here is the rest of my things (its getting shorter woo):

• Bio3 - just give us the default spawns with wizards and all
  • BGs - do something to make Tierra worth playing, equalise the badge gain, its far more interesting and will help get more people interested regularly
  • Gemstones - just put yellow/reds in the mail annex please, you take an annoying semi-time consuming step out of getting them
  • MVP variance - i'd like to see some rebalancing of it slightly, having a 60 minute MVP with the same variance as a 12 hour seems really weird. It's annoying killing a bunch of short spawn MVPs and the long spawns are impossible to find because its the same group/person just killing it all week
  • Remove stuff from the boxes - can we stop getting the unbound boxes? It's annoying having to explain it to people and seems like a fairly simple fix, just replace them on the drop table
  • Short term VIP - I dont always have an account VIP'd and someone mentioned trying short VIPs in a suggestion thread months ago, I'm sure lots of people play in short bursts (especially around exp/drops events) and I'm sure more people would be willing to regularly VIP if they had more control over it even at a higher cost than 30/90 days etc
  • Blue Twin - please consider adding 10 atk to the Blue Twin, the Red Twins are in super high demand and they're same drop rate from the same boss.

• Bio - sure
  • BGs - This is a great idea that has been proposed many times and I don't know why it hasn't been implemented yet..
  • Gemstones - Sure it'd make life a little easier. Feels like you gotta have some things in-game to make sure your life isn't too easy though, right? I'd be fine with this being implemented.
  • MVP variance - If you're serious about competing for a certain mvp then this shouldn't be that big of a deal. Changes to a system that isn't broken usually just pisses people off. (It happened on a pserver and nobody liked it)
  • Remove stuff from boxes - I like that these equips weigh 1 because of this lol. If this is implemented though make sure the equipment can be dropped again. Actually just make the equipment droppable regardless of the box removal.
  • Short term VIP - I'd really appreciate this.

• Blue Twin - +x blue sword > +(x - 1) red sword. I think it should just be accepted that this is the worse, but still useful sword when it comes to attack. drop rate doesn't have much to do with it or you could argue that all of his other drops should be buffed.

edit: If blue twin is given matk, it should not be better than bazerald or elemental sword.

Edited by squirreI, 03 February 2015 - 06:24 PM.

#30 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:02 PM

Blue twins having 10 less attack makes making Pvm weps affordable for more people. First sword I uses to hunt gsb (for a long time) was blue twin because of how much cheaper it was vs red. Difference wasn't big enough to notice. Think people want reds for pvp/woe since any edge helps.

They should put in a yellow (wind) twinblade at same atk as the blue and give use to level 3 LoV. Green (earth) twinblade at 10 less atk then blues (20 less then reds) and enable use of earth spike 5. Could be new MVP drops. The variety would help so people could make specific swords for Pvm (or super novice/other classes could use magic property). Reds should stay highest damage based on fire element being most aggressive and earth being the weakest (mostly due to how easy it is to get decent reductions for other eles).

^that type of new gear would be cool because it doesn't -_- with balance and doesn't make past gear that people have worked hard for totally obsolete.

#31 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:25 AM

personally speaking i prefer the water twin over the red and would much rather use it for woe for the more obvious reasons

#32 Ozm05

Ozm05

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:08 AM

I still wish for that pront CD :) ... I miss the ghouls who bite like pacman...

#33 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:01 AM

Monsters

Clock Tower 2: Spawn of 40 Owl Dukes properly removed and replaced with 40 instantly respawning Clocks

Clock Tower 4: Replaced spawn of Clocks with 40 instantly respawning Owl Dukes

Added Owl Baron with a ~5 minute respawn

#34 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

That's funny how the wounded morroc Memo never got fixed <until now>.

Edited by VModCoffee, 04 February 2015 - 12:39 PM.
Pointing fingers.

#35 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:15 AM

Please post the new map data for c_tower2 and c_tower4 in your monster change thread!

Also lol at removing memos from DG. Can you please fix the random spawn location thing Campitor was supposed to set up then? It has never worked properly and you get put to one location 90% of the time and a second 10%. The only thing removing memos will do means people will just train Morroc to that one spawn location and portal fist him (the way they did before people realised you could memo there). Or enable Ice Wall I guess. Do like the token thing though!

Dont forget to update your server wide announcements if you're moving Janeway and stuff.

#36 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

Can you guys please fix the Kafra Stacker in Eden? We are not able to stack the Battle Manual 3x from this month's groove pack, it is taking up a lot of our storage space and vending slot as well.

Yes PLEASE.

#37 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:39 AM

That's funny how the wounded morroc Memo never got fixed <until now>.

GMs only change it now that <more people are complaining>.

Edited by VModCoffee, 04 February 2015 - 12:43 PM.
Pointing fingers.

#38 Godless

Godless

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationFt Wainwright, Alaska

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:43 AM

Regardless of what my opinion is, I believe a guild member sent a gm a pm for the random spawn portal was broken and you would come in roughly 2 places and that you could portal fist is. Not only that, there has been a small group of people that have known about it for quite some time, they have had literally no competition for the last 9 months that SM has been up. The whole thread for Satan Morroc was to bring about competitive MVPing and wasn't implemented correctly, now that there is some actual competition, you want to change it to make it harder for those who just recently started trying to do this MVP? Not only that, you didn't discuss it with the community, nor have you brought this up before changing how things are now.

Edited by Godless, 04 February 2015 - 11:38 AM.

#39 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:00 AM

That's funny how the wounded morroc Memo never got fixed <until now>.

let people memo the field again it's not really a big deal imo

Edited by VModCoffee, 04 February 2015 - 12:45 PM.

#40 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:16 AM

let people memo the field again it's not really a big deal imo

Removing the memo would be fine, but the GMs should give more notice before changing things instead of doing it right before a maintenance.

A message was sent to Campitor in June of 2014 stating that the implementation of the random warping was not functioning properly and that people were portal fisting Satan Morroc. The message was read, but never responded to / addressed since then. Now that the same group who has farmed it for the 8-9 months is having competition, the GMs are suddenly changing things (benefiting this same group). Who are the GMs really listening to?

Edited by Divine, 04 February 2015 - 11:51 AM.

#41 Jayalphy

Jayalphy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:33 AM

-Removed Memo from Wounded Morroc's Map

-Deleted all memos to Wounded Morroc's Map

-Next week will create a token that can be purchased for small amount of zeny by characters who have completed the access quest. This token will allow users to invite others to join them for 24 hours on Wounded Morrocs Map.

So you guys are making leeching obviously Painful in the map! The player has to teleport to the safespot to be leeched and its gonna take one week to add the tokens? Then you should have removed the memo next week too! -_- That's a potential Leveling spot, move satan morroc to another map make it no Memo! Sigh

#42 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:04 PM

Removing the memo would be fine, but the GMs should give more notice before changing things instead of doing it right before a maintenance.

A message was sent to Campitor in June of 2014 stating that the implementation of the random warping was not functioning properly and that people were portal fisting Satan Morroc. The message was read, but never responded to / addressed since then. Now that the same group who has farmed it for the 8-9 months is having competition, the GMs are suddenly changing things (benefiting this same group). Who are the GMs really listening to?

That is on me for not following up on that report at the time. The Random Warping will now properly work. If you would like feel free to pm me and I will give you my skype info so that i can be properly harassed about such things.

#43 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:13 PM

That is on me for not following up on that report at the time. The Random Warping will now properly work. If you would like feel free to pm me and I will give you my skype info so that i can be properly harassed about such things.

Cool.

The other point still stands though, people have been portal fisting it for nine months (literally the week it went in people were killing it with no comp at the one entrance warp that worked). Why change it now?

You've had people farming it for nine months and now have a large stockpile of extra items, it's now more difficult to kill, prices going up etc. It's really awkward and I'd like to have a proper discussion about it in another place before you actually make any changes. Making unannounced changes on the day of a maintenance is so "you guys" that it just gets an eyeroll from me these days, please stop doing that.

Edited by Themes, 04 February 2015 - 12:17 PM.

#44 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

Cool.

The other point still stands though, people have been portal fisting it for nine months (literally the week it went in people were killing it with no comp at the one entrance warp that worked). Why change it now?

You've had people farming it for nine months and now have a large stockpile of extra items, it's now more difficult to kill, prices going up etc. It's really awkward and I'd like to have a proper discussion about it in another place before you actually make any changes. Making unannounced changes on the day of a maintenance is so "you guys" that it just gets an eyeroll from me these days, please stop doing that.

We changed it because a user reported it wasn't working correctly.

Instead of making the tokens cost zeny; it will now allow party members to follow another member into the map.

Example:

User A: Completed Access Quest and is grouped with User B, and User C
User B and C cannot normally access the map.
While everyone is in Morroc 
User A accesses the map doing so flags User B and User C with access since they are in the same party

When User B and C talk to the NPC they gain access  for 24 hours.

#45 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

We will be open by 2 on classic, last minute testing and adjustments 

Janeway isn't moving into her new digs just yet. 

#46 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

We changed it because a user reported it wasn't working correctly.

Ok well, for some context as to why we're a bit annoyed right now about it.

One or two groups of players have been killing it for the nine months or so since it went in. Recently (this week) a couple of friends noticed it was up and went to kill it as some of the people who were killing it have been pservering it up. There has been actual comp between the one remaining group and the people posting above. I feel that this report/change has been directly made because of the competition and that it's unfair for one or two groups of players to use the warp/portal fist issues for months then when competition finally happens that it gets changed/removed. Especially after I'd already sent a message about it not even a month after DG went in.

I understand that it's a bug or exploit, but dont feel that it's fair to anyone following those groups of players who have had those nine months of uninterrupted farming.

I dont want this to be a drama post or start anything, just give Campitor some more details about what's actually happening and why we're a little disappointed in this change.

#47 Yenko24

Yenko24

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

We will be open by 2 on classic, last minute testing and adjustments 

Janeway isn't moving into her new digs just yet. 

Sweet! Can't wait, it's Day 2 for me on this server. Finally took the jump from Renewal. Love Classic!!

#48 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:55 PM

Ok well, for some context as to why we're a bit annoyed right now about it.

One or two groups of players have been killing it for the nine months or so since it went in. Recently (this week) a couple of friends noticed it was up and went to kill it as some of the people who were killing it have been pservering it up. There has been actual comp between the one remaining group and the people posting above. I feel that this report/change has been directly made because of the competition and that it's unfair for one or two groups of players to use the warp/portal fist issues for months then when competition finally happens that it gets changed/removed. Especially after I'd already sent a message about it not even a month after DG went in.

I understand that it's a bug or exploit, but dont feel that it's fair to anyone following those groups of players who have had those nine months of uninterrupted farming.

I dont want this to be a drama post or start anything, just give Campitor some more details about what's actually happening and why we're a little disappointed in this change.

Lets be fair here, me and my friends have only done like 3 moroccs and this change suddenly happened.

Kinda messed us up but we're not throwing conspiracy theories.

#49 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:05 PM

Classic is now open! To access the Asgard beta testing area, please speak to the wizard NPC just to the north of the Prontera spawn point. 

#50 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

Might want to remove sm map from morroc map server. I forget if I mentioned this a while ago, but durring the second sm kill of the server I realized people could just bc before going to the map. Not that it's a hard MVP anyways, but it makes it even easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users