Can we remove the DB fixed after-cast delay now? - Page 3 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can we remove the DB fixed after-cast delay now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#51 UrekMazino

UrekMazino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 480 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Retired

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

Dragon breath ~

#52 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:39 PM

Requiring SP items shouldn't mean the skill should be able to dish out over 100k unreducable damage in under a second under any circumstances. The key issue is unreducable, 100k burst damage reduced by cranial/etc is fine.

#53 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

well, im having fun reading all coments that wont do anything tehee~   :p_smile:

#54 JuggernautJones

JuggernautJones

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

u're fun :heh: 

u have problems with SP :heh:  :heh:

----//----

WoE Blue Potion

The freshest blue organic herbs are used to make this potion.

•Status during WoE & PvP:◦Restores 10% of Max SP

Weight : 8

10%+10%+10%= 30% = GOH SP COST

Enjoy :

150 video,now with the new gears and lvl 175 u can have a 150 character TAO HP without TAO.

Lets focus on DB,not on GOH.

You`re posting a video showcasing the capabilities of 1 class in PVP, of the 3 we were talking about. It does not give any details about what buffs he has, gear he is wearing or what supplies he is using. That aside, phen does not work in woe, you can't just sit there and lay waste to people the way he does in that video. Rising Dragon also has a large cooldown on it, so it can only be used so often.

I have a problem with SP? Let me wrap your petty mind around some factors that come along with needing to carry massive amounts of SP pots, WoE Blues, or whatever else you want to throw out there.

More weight = Higher chance to be masq'd.

More weight = No HP/ SP Regen.

More SP pots = Less room for other supplies (Slims, Panacea, Holy waters, Blue gems, etc.)

More SP pots = More zeny spent on supplies.

RKs and Rangers do not need to refill their SP after 3 casts, unlike a Sura. After those three casts, they have to Zen or Rising Dragon.

So, 10%? Basically the same cost as a Yggberry.

Yeah, we can get back to the original discussion.

#55 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:38 PM

If you're good at swapping you can, with KVM mace on GOH GOH => swap to kvm fist, fury which auto zens => swap to KVM mace GOH GOH => repeat forever, tap sp item occasionally. You can probably GOH 100+ times in a minute if you have strings available.

#56 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

Manlied

#57 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:00 PM

The only thing I did die to in WoE was GoH when I was on my RK or Warlock.  Low to midtier HP classes get 1 shotted by GoH in a WoE environment, and you don't even need god items or MVP cards to carry your damage.  RK's dragon breath needs quite a bit of ammo to pack a moderate punch nowadays.   1-2k dragon breath is laughable.  You might be better off re-rolling Warlock or Sorc if you want sub-par AoE spamming Comet or Earth strain to divest baddies. 

Sure you can say DB in strings is pretty good, but that is immediately nulled by pneuma.  The only thing that nulls magic practically is GTB, and not everyone has one ( i think ). 

Edited by cory, 03 February 2015 - 03:02 PM.

#58 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

thread has been banished.  thanks for playing

#59 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

I'll give you my reasons:

1. DB is not dominating in woe anymore, a well-geared tao RK can only do 10k dmg on avg. on woe set targets in pvp so it means 5k or so in woe.

2. Believe or not, GMs have already done something to the client we're using and the nodelay thingy shouldn't be functioning anymore. Don't ask me why, just go ask your old nodelay friends and see what they say. And don't get me wrong, I'm not pointing at anyone/ any guild here.

3. If you agree with my 2nd point, with 2 kiels, 1 +9 taegoo, and 2 expert ring(90% CD reduction) a DB RK with 193 ASPD cannot chain db well enough because of the forced 0.2 second delay. Or without those gears, just proper DB gears, on a int 155 string the rk cannot pull off the best job either. Therefore it's pointless to play this class because it's limited factitiously. Take a look at ROPD, 39/246 which is 15.8% of the 175's are RKs, and it used to be way more than that before level 175 hit.

4. Don't you wanna level better with good RK's in Bio 4 parties? It harms the party and the RK players by having the RK nerf'd by some not-working cheats.

And btw, chaining DB "by hand" has nothing to do with nodelay. If it's automatic then we're talking about openkore or something else but definitely not nodelay.

It makes me giggle that why every time people bring up some changes, someone has to mention about the Sura class lolz. If you really wanna work on some "class balance" in the woe scene, why don't u take a look at the Shadow Chaser class. It was OP enough to not to get rekt'd by DB before level 175, now it's getting worse because DB dmg is reduced by demi/range reduction. And how do you kill a decent geared Chaser, I will let you answer the question. If you wanna do something about GoH, why don't you add a delay on masq? Then people would probably bring up the suicidal mechs and probably RT in pvp or the Kagerou class. So in my opinion, it's pointless to discuss about the class balance here. We're focusing on DB here, and this class is called RK. If you wanna QQ about your sob stories of getting rekt'd by some "unbalanced" classes, go play that class and wreck others. 

this^, so after reading 3 pages, finally a post that made sense.

IMO [WOE], the new reduction formulas are already decent enough to prevent DB from dominating, and re: NDL, since 175 update [and will you still seriously spam deaths because of it?], I havent seen any or even if I did, ticket reports still works.
Perfect strings/after-cast delay reduction gears and ASPD are meant to make skills to be efficiently spammed, which is really unfair to DB [this is the "only" skill that suffers from that "after-cast 0.2 delay" and only server that has this], like somebody said here, they are now pointless for DB.
On the other hand, my observations in WOE:
*Pre-175/Original Fire DB - Switching Pasana, taking cover under Pneumas, get Sac-ed DA but ppl die & QQ because they dont.
*Post-175/New Formula/Reduceable Water/Fire DB - Switching to proper demi reductions gears [Tao DB does close to 2k] and most of the ppl who like defaulting/breaking their WOE sets, taking cover under Pneumas, get Sac-ed DA but "again" ppl still die & QQ because they dont.

*Anyways, I've received already the most reasonable answers not just only from this thread but from a GM, requesting temporary [Might ask to re-open again] threadlock because I didnt mention GoH/Suras and get derailed. /thx

Edit: Oda "No plans on reverting back DB". (There ya go)

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 03 February 2015 - 03:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users