Renewal Maintenance for 2/4 - Page 7 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal Maintenance for 2/4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
157 replies to this topic

#151 Trance3D2Y

Trance3D2Y

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:18 PM

The GM Team DOES NOT use teamviewer. Using this program allows others to take control of your computer. Do not download and install it.

Haven't really logged on and stayed at Eden since the New Years but when I saw this in game announcement today I was shocked. I hope you can phrase it better cause seriously, 'Do not download and install it' is ridiculous since TeamViewer is a really useful software.

#152 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:51 PM

I don't know if anyone else already noticed this, but I just recently noticed it.  Sp recovery 1 for the mid costume headgear does not apply the 1sp return on kill with ranged attacks it seems, or at least not for Cart cannon...

#153 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:41 PM

Haven't really logged on and stayed at Eden since the New Years but when I saw this in game announcement today I was shocked. I hope you can phrase it better cause seriously, 'Do not download and install it' is ridiculous since TeamViewer is a really useful software.

As someone who's knowledgable with computers, I would love to see TeamViewer just simply die and vanish from existence.

It's definitely a very useful piece of software, especially for remotely helping friends and family and whatnot, but it's too useful and the potential for abuse is so massive I just can't come around to defending it.

#154 Trance3D2Y

Trance3D2Y

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:52 AM

^Don't like Nuclear Energy eh?

Anyway, what I'm asking is to rephrase it since we all know that the software isn't the problem but rather the user/abuser/victim. But whatever, maybe I'm just being stingy since I use it and it helps me a lot.

#155 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:03 AM

^Don't like Nuclear Energy eh?

Anyway, what I'm asking is to rephrase it since we all know that the software isn't the problem but rather the user/abuser/victim. But whatever, maybe I'm just being stingy since I use it and it helps me a lot.

I'm actually a proponent of nuclear energy. We don't have anything else that rivals it in sheer power generated, the clean-ness, and the utter efficiency of it all.

#156 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:11 AM

The GM anouncement should be: "Game Masters will never ask you to download any programs, ask personal info or contact you on skype, beware of scammers"

#157 Trance3D2Y

Trance3D2Y

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:05 AM

I'm actually a proponent of nuclear energy. We don't have anything else that rivals it in sheer power generated, the clean-ness, and the utter efficiency of it all.

But the potential for abuse and danger is also so massive I just can't come around to defending it. :heh:  JK!

Anyway, I know you get my point! Just imagine if TeamViewer website says something along the lines of:

The TeamViewer GM Team DOES NOT use teamviewer play Ragnarok Online. Playing this game is a waste to the high specs Using this program allows others to take control of your computer. Do not download and install it.

But yeah, maybe I'm just making a mountain out of a molehill don't mind me.

#158 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

anyone knowledgeable enough to know TeamViewer's usefulness would not be dumb enough to fall for the ingame scams. this announcement is aimed to that demographic, and is fine as is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users