The raffler is a fraud. - Page 2 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The raffler is a fraud.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:21 PM

How about this: We change the NPC to a vending machine, give it a slot machine style name, like "Aces N' 8's" or "Bloody Cherries" and be done with it. I mean, really? It isn't obvious that it isn't a true raffle? Isn't there something better to complain about, like the price of renting god items, or something?

#27 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:54 AM

You people are adorable, defending false advertising with, "Well it's obvious isn't it?"

To those of us who have playing forever, yes, it's obvious. It would be more weird if an event or npc actually was functioning correctly, that's how screwed up this game is.

But to a newbie, it's confusing and misleading, and that's why they don't stick around.

#28 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:51 AM

You've solved it. New people don't stick around because of the raffler. Now that we know, we can get rid of it and iRO will become popular again. Good on you for solving the mystery!  :no1:

#29 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:11 AM

You people are adorable, defending false advertising with, "Well it's obvious isn't it?"

To those of us who have playing forever, yes, it's obvious. It would be more weird if an event or npc actually was functioning correctly, that's how screwed up this game is.

But to a newbie, it's confusing and misleading, and that's why they don't stick around.

And your adorable thing your sticking up for newbies. Last I checked, newer players wouldn't normally have the funds to purchase tickets. Nor would they know where to go since the Izlude Academy, Eden Group, and Gramps has them running around every where else. What is there in this game that isn't misleading? I mean, look at some of the items we have in the game. In Classic, I was surprised when I put my sheeps hat on my crusader. Why? Because it says it's for aco class only.

Point is, instead of splitting hairs, why not direct your energy towards something worth bringing up? We have so many permanent things in this game that needs fixed, like the Comminty Created hats in Renewal. Why not bring those up instead of something that's going to be leaving the game again in what? A week? Two?

Edited by belld1711, 08 February 2015 - 10:12 AM.

#30 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:32 AM

You've solved it. New people don't stick around because of the raffler. Now that we know, we can get rid of it and iRO will become popular again. Good on you for solving the mystery!  :no1:

You really should think before you reply next time. 

And your adorable thing your sticking up for newbies. Last I checked, newer players wouldn't normally have the funds to purchase tickets. Nor would they know where to go since the Izlude Academy, Eden Group, and Gramps has them running around every where else. What is there in this game that isn't misleading? I mean, look at some of the items we have in the game. In Classic, I was surprised when I put my sheeps hat on my crusader. Why? Because it says it's for aco class only.

Point is, instead of splitting hairs, why not direct your energy towards something worth bringing up? We have so many permanent things in this game that needs fixed, like the Comminty Created hats in Renewal. Why not bring those up instead of something that's going to be leaving the game again in what? A week? Two?

If you are so concerned about what topics are being brought up, then why have you not brought up anything important yourself? You have over a thousand posts, and seems like you are more concerned with nitpicking others than saying anything of value, ever.

#31 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:21 PM

Last I checked, newer players wouldn't normally have the funds to purchase tickets. Nor would they know where to go since the Izlude Academy, Eden Group, and Gramps has them running around every where else.

Just for the sake clarification, what do you define as a "newer" player? I started here on iRO back in late-December of last year and I burned 30mil+ on the Raffler easily.

#32 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, thanks to the cash shop, even the newest of players can easily get rich quick. for $10 you can buy enough kafra points to make 200m zeny in a day.

#33 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

I think it's unfair to accuse someone of money laundering via cash shop when they have been playing for 3 months. You can easily earn 30 mil in game in 3 months having never touched the cash shop if you are given some advice on how to farm items. Or hell, if you just use common sense and take a blacksmith to the low TI for half an hour. 

Anyway, before this thread gets swords fully drawn and people start going at each others' throats...

Yeah, the raffler is a bit misleading... but if you read the bulletin board description, it's actually accurate since it changes the values per play. I think just warning people "hey guys, reminder that the raffler isn't a true raffle but more of a slot machine" is a better way of going about things than starting to argue over some really trivial stuff.

Having said that, I believe your thread's warning works fine enough. 

#34 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:29 PM

I think it's unfair to accuse someone of money laundering via cash shop when they have been playing for 3 months. You can easily earn 30 mil in game in 3 months having never touched the cash shop if you are given some advice on how to farm items. Or hell, if you just use common sense and take a blacksmith to the low TI for half an hour. 

Anyway, before this thread gets swords fully drawn and people start going at each others' throats...

Yeah, the raffler is a bit misleading... but if you read the bulletin board description, it's actually accurate since it changes the values per play. I think just warning people "hey guys, reminder that the raffler isn't a true raffle but more of a slot machine" is a better way of going about things than starting to argue over some really trivial stuff.

Having said that, I believe your thread's warning works fine enough. 

Nobody is accusing anyone of anything, I'm just saying it's possible for anyone to use the raffler.

#35 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:08 PM

Then I misunderstood that part. My apologies. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users