Please suggest CC damage as Gen lv100 - Page 2 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Please suggest CC damage as Gen lv100

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#26 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:58 AM

I would never share those stats lol. I'll upload a full ET run of my friends and I wearing only Eden / Town Weapon-Armor NPC gears. You can see my damage there.

#27 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

Kali, considering the content of the first page of the thread, there is a lot of interest from new and semi-new players in genetic builds that are effective with low cost gear. 

Since you're clearly the expert on this, perhaps you could give new players without good gear some advice on stats to get good CC damage with eden gear? Or are you just going to brag about your damage?

Edited by DrAzzy, 12 February 2015 - 12:07 PM.

#28 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Iro - Chaos

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:11 PM

Kali, considering the content of the first page of the thread, there is a lot of interest from new and semi-new players in genetic builds that are effective with low cost gear. 

Since you're clearly the expert on this, perhaps you could give new players without good gear some advice on stats to get good CC damage with eden gear? Or are you just going to brag about your damage?

^this. I loved your duo gen + RG ET video. But, why keep it a secret when you can help others? no one is comping you in ET. Ive seen the comments with 120 STR 120 DEX 80 INT comment. might it be similar? you strictly mentioned it was for ET and comping other gens. show gears when you do this ET video with eden/low tear gears. You know what they say, pics or it didn't happen.

Edited by Zelnite, 12 February 2015 - 12:11 PM.

#29 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:15 PM

They're level 100, stats should be oriented to str/dex/int and bits of vit as you go obviously. It's not a rocket scientist to figure out. But I'm not gonna give away any info on particular stats for different genes because you know that I spend copius amounts of time brainstorming and calculating each point to maximize the damage.

if you want good damage at a low level invest money in foods like takoyaki, int/dex/str/luk foods, that should give you at least a 5k-7k increase. Gears are irrelevant especially if you're not as well funded to get something actually worthwhile. Should just stick with the usual what Azzy has in his threads in terms of gears. Although IMO % variable cast time gears are a waste of money. Should always gear towards max damageand instant cast via stats (It's doable w/o hammer), otherwise you're losing out on tons (10-20k+) of damage.

edit: I'm not giving out my stats because people don't deserve being handfed information. If it was Havenn asking on the other hand, I'd probably share.

Edited by KamiKali, 12 February 2015 - 12:17 PM.

#30 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:45 PM

Im 152 im not 100. i too have spent many many hours doing the stats, switch gears, researching etc to get the best dmg i can. resetting time and time again. Dont wanna give exact stats? give estamates so ppl still have to test. But these forums are here to help people. you cant just come in here saying you do this dmg when someone is clearly asking for help and just blow it off cause "they dont deserve it" these forums are here to help people. As far as havenn goes, he helps the players tons. sharing gears, stats, and strategies alike. i wouldnt compare you to him at all.

/rant

rant over i guess. bring on the flaming

#31 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

Why do you have to reset so many times when you can just use this? http://drazzy.com/ro...encompare.shtml

I'm not Havenn, he's a nice guy, and I'm not P=

#32 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

let me clarify, i meant when the free reset stuff was in. i dont pay for resets out the ass or anything lol i can justify having certain stats. im just stating that others that put numerous amounts of hours into research still browse this forum for information to further improve knowledge on a specific class. as i said earlier, this forum is here to help people.

#33 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

why do you need to browse forums when you can just calulate it yourself?

#34 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:02 PM

i find that calcs are never actually correct. given things are never updated or updated to the current. or leave out something. anytime ive used them, most ofthem are just wrong. and i dont mean wrong marginally, but wrong exponentially. 

#35 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:18 PM

So you expect people to give you stats they (or I at least) got based on their own calculations, calculated on the most correct damage calc, aka Azzy's Damage calc that I just linked. Now you say they're almost almost inaccurate? Interesting...

This is why I don't share : ) Because if you weren't too lazy to perhaps experiment, or if you wanted to experiment and was doubtful of his calc you can just ASK HIM how close to accuracy it is, you would know how accurate his calculator is.

#36 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:20 PM

If there are any inaccuracies in my calculator, please notify me of them - mine should be accurate, and to my knowledge it is (soft def on AB damage isn't accounted for, but the impact is so tiny it doesn't matter); I made it in response to exactly that problem with existing calcs. 

#37 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:27 PM

I'm not sure why some of you are so worried about messing up builds or not getting your full "potential". As many threads have discussed already, you get so many available stat points with the 175 update you really can't mess it up unless you try REALLY hard, like 130 AGI and 130 LUK and nothing else. Most people will probably opt for 90~100 of the main stats and your damage won't be much different than other people. After that, stats-wise, you can increase STR a bit more if you want higher bomb damage (or for megs bonuses), or increase INT more for higher CC damage. Stats really are super easy and it really is more of a personal preference for all the last points you have.

What really makes the difference is gears and buffs. But pretty much every gear has been covered to death on these forums so it's just a matter of how rich you are or what to use for certain situations. Buffs starts to depend on how many friends you can get to help out with support classes, along with the basic self-consumable foods.

Damage isn't everything either and you should worry about surviving, strategies, and teamwork/coordination too. Damage numbers also aren't everything when you have to worry about cast time / cast delay reductions too.

#38 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:33 PM

What part of ive done this testing dont you understand? ive spent the hours looking and adjusting stats IN GAME and testing on creatures with various gears. I dont EXPECT anything. except help when i come into a forum post. not some player saying they did all this work and "i do this dmg but you dont deserve it" cause you think players are lazy. you dont know what I nor any other player on these forums have done in terms of testing.

In terms of accurate, ill take my calcs with CC for example. using the gears i have and the % and stats i have at 150 when i did the calcs says i should be doing almost 40k dmg with cc. i do half that. how is that close?

Azzy i mean no disrespect in terms of cals in your way or anyone elses. but, and i say this as an example, your CC calc says it does it before defense. this is what im talking about. and i know nothing is perfect. but this is why if someone has concrete dmg they are doing in person instead of based on numbers, ive asked. just like many others have asked. whats the point of not sharing jsut because you think someone is lazy? so what help a brother out. and if not me then ah well might as well say everyone on this forum is lazy cause they are asking for help.

#39 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:42 PM

You're approaching the problem wrong then. You should instead list out all your calculator inputs and gears, and ask Azzy why the damage you got isn't the same number as the damage the calculator says.

What it usually ends up being is elemental weakness / cannonball used, or monster size, or something you didn't take into account...

Basically you're playing the game right but most likely using the calculator wrong. It really is super hard to screw up your character these days...

#40 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:47 PM

That's not how you should test damage, damage testing should always be relative to one another, which is what is so great about his calc. It shows % difference immediately and allows you to adjust stats to keep altering the difference in damage to continuously increase. Blocks of numbers don't matter, which is why you're probably having so much trouble. Should really only reset if you already have something concrete. Not like "oh if i put 10 int maybe i'll do 2k more CC" and then reset.

You should try to get something out of this and see how people such as Azzy, Havenn, and I, etc have gotten x stats by doing what you didn't do instead of continually saying what you've done (and is still seeking help).

#41 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

What part of ive done this testing dont you understand? ive spent the hours looking and adjusting stats IN GAME and testing on creatures with various gears. I dont EXPECT anything. except help when i come into a forum post. not some player saying they did all this work and "i do this dmg but you dont deserve it" cause you think players are lazy. you dont know what I nor any other player on these forums have done in terms of testing.

In terms of accurate, ill take my calcs with CC for example. using the gears i have and the % and stats i have at 150 when i did the calcs says i should be doing almost 40k dmg with cc. i do half that. how is that close?

Azzy i mean no disrespect in terms of cals in your way or anyone elses. but, and i say this as an example, your CC calc says it does it before defense. this is what im talking about. and i know nothing is perfect. but this is why if someone has concrete dmg they are doing in person instead of based on numbers, ive asked. just like many others have asked. whats the point of not sharing jsut because you think someone is lazy? so what help a brother out. and if not me then ah well might as well say everyone on this forum is lazy cause they are asking for help.

Please list the stats you entered that produced the incorrect damage, plus full gear + stats you had in the tests (ideally, screenshots) - if there are inaccuracies on that scale, that's a serious issue that I need to fix ASAP. 

The defense part does not matter for planing builds; if the damage of one build is higher than another before accounting for defense, it will still do more damage if def is accounted for. So when you optimize your build, calculating the defense reduction to CC damage doesn't change how you distribute stats. If you want to go write the JS to account for that, and provide tests that demonstrate it's accuracy, I'm happy to add it to the calc and give you credit, but I don't think it's worth doing. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 12 February 2015 - 02:10 PM.

#42 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:58 PM

For all intense and purposes ill concede and say im wrong on everything. i probably just put numbers in wrong or didnt take something into account.

#43 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:27 AM

come and read :ok:

For KamiKali, I love your signature about animated short story. I am not interest stat build you not provide but very interest if you can make new one like your signature for me :rice:.

:heh: :heh: :heh:

#44 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

For all intense and porpoises

fixed that for you

#45 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:00 PM

fixed that for you

Oh God thank you! i just cant do anything right today :P

#46 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:13 PM

Oh God thank you! i just cant do anything right today :P

I got your back dog, np np ;D

#47 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:43 AM

I'm not Havenn, he's a nice guy, and I'm not P=

Lies you are such a nice guy Kami

:p_laugh:

#48 GringoStarr

GringoStarr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSEA (MY/SG)

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:40 PM

I would never share those stats lol. I'll upload a full ET run of my friends and I wearing only Eden / Town Weapon-Armor NPC gears. You can see my damage there.

You're totally off topic,IMO if you do not intend to shre any information,dont post anything altogether. This post is  clearly asking for help/ opinions. You should be posting in another thread entitled "POST YOUR MAX CC DMG! (but dont include stats)"

This is why I don't share : ) Because if you weren't too lazy to perhaps experiment, or if you wanted to experiment and was doubtful of his calc you can just ASK HIM how close to accuracy it is, you would know how accurate his calculator is.

Some people cant afford to do experiments (changing eqs, resetting stats etc).Not everyone has millions of zenies at their disposal, esp if this is their first char.

#49 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

Wowww... What happen here? Fighting??? For???

#50 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:39 PM

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users