Ban these AFK PvP botters - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ban these AFK PvP botters

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:15 AM

All they do is AFK with no equipments on and have some sort of macro automatically press F1 to start the match for them in case someone comes in and readies. Not only do they waste space, it's annoying to see that any open rooms are filled with idiots such as these:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
These rooms are obviously aimed at an easy way out (by botting) in order to gain the PvP medals for achievement points towards job advancement. Surely there's something in the Terms of Service against botting?

Edited by Yurai, 17 November 2010 - 08:41 AM.

#2 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:36 AM

GMs don't read the forum, you'll need to send a ticket to support. http://support.warpportal.com

Edited by Loyalty1, 17 November 2010 - 08:36 AM.

#3 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:36 AM

=( yea it sucks! especially for the people who actually pvp and earned it.

#4 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:03 AM

Fancy that! It's not against the Terms of Service. Because:

1) Who's to say they're there or not?
2) You need proof it's not someone who's holding down F1 when someone enters the room
3) PvPing to lose is not against the rules
4) Anyone can do as they please in PvP as long as it's not hacking or harassing - "spamming F1 and going AFK" is totally fair game
5) It's not abusing any glitches or exploiting loop holes

I think what's worse is people who go in and AFK to block these people from getting losses. I mean, think about it.

"It's not hurting anyone, nor is it against the rules, so Imma just get free losses and let people get easy wins"
versus
"It's not hurting anyone, nor is it against the rules, but Imma be a jerk and AFK here so they can't start the match and get free losses"

I like to troll in a classy fashion. However, I am not a fan of rooster blocking in a children's video game. Then again, that's not really trolling, though some may see it as such(IE: the people who think everything everyone says is LAWL 1337 KAWAII DESU PRO TRAWLIN). It's more of a thing done by people who want to be super-special-awesome. In a terrible children's video game.

#5 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:23 AM

If you could somehow prove nobody was there hitting any keys, and it was some sort of macro then they could be banned.

#6 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:55 AM

2) You need proof it's not someone who's holding down F1 when someone enters the room
4) Anyone can do as they please in PvP as long as it's not hacking or harassing - "spamming F1 and going AFK" is totally fair game

I think what's worse is people who go in and AFK to block these people from getting losses. I mean, think about it.

"It's not hurting anyone, nor is it against the rules, so Imma just get free losses and let people get easy wins"
versus
"It's not hurting anyone, nor is it against the rules, but Imma be a jerk and AFK here so they can't start the match and get free losses"

I like to troll in a classy fashion. However, I am not a fan of rooster blocking in a children's video game. Then again, that's not really trolling, though some may see it as such(IE: the people who think everything everyone says is LAWL 1337 KAWAII DESU PRO TRAWLIN). It's more of a thing done by people who want to be super-special-awesome. In a terrible children's video game.

If you could somehow prove nobody was there hitting any keys, and it was some sort of macro then they could be banned.

Kind of obvious when there's multiple people in the room and I sit there unreadied and they don't bother to kick me. What else do you need to prove that they're afk? Not kicking me defeats the purpose of the room; one can only conclude they're afk.

Also, how is botting not against the Terms of Service? Being afk in their room prevents their bot from being effective. If they were sitting there, then they would've kicked me and started the match. Obviously, you just admitted that they were botting since you can clearly afk there and they won't do anything about it.

Edited by Yurai, 17 November 2010 - 09:57 AM.

#7 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:59 AM

versus

Are you one of those people? Honestly I see way too much of those rooms nowadays. All they do is spam F1 and doesn't even talk.

Also, they are exploiting the game. They are trying to get the medal through botting which makes it against the rules.

I should just open 4 dragonica on my semi broken computer and sit in their room not readying.

Edited by iKnowMyABCs, 17 November 2010 - 11:15 AM.

#8 Panties

Panties

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

All they do is AFK with no equipments on and have some sort of macro automatically press F1 to start the match for them in case someone comes in and readies.
These rooms are obviously aimed at an easy way out (by botting) in order to gain the PvP medals for achievement points towards job advancement. Surely there's something in the Terms of Service against botting?

This is pretty hilarious coming from Dragonica's biggest exploiter.

#9 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:14 AM

Why do you care

#10 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:27 AM

TL;DR
Being technically correct is great. But you also refuse to use your brain if you aim to be technically correct in this case. Well, FOR NOW, anyway - until the problem escalates to the point where's it's actually worth mentioning. Assuming it even gets that bad - since most hackers/botters have better things to do then AFK F1 Spam for a useless medal.

But reporting idiots is so not worth the effort to find them let alone take a screen shot(when using your brain, you should arrive at the same conclusion as me: DON'T CARE I GOT SOMETHING BETTER TO DO OK BYE BYE F1 SPAMMER - meaning it's not worth it). You'd be better off just AFKing in their rooms than reporting them. You know, since they won't get banned anytime soon (WP employees got better things to do too).

Also, no, I do not spam F1. I have better things to do. Like posting on this lovely forum talking nonsensical nonsense about nonsense that is nonsensical~<3

Edited by Tundra, 17 November 2010 - 11:32 AM.

#11 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:30 AM

TL;DR
Being technically correct is great. But you also refuse to use your brain if you aim to be technically correct in this case. Well, FOR NOW, anyway - until the problem escalates to the point where's it's actually worth mentioning. Assuming it even gets that bad - since most hackers/botters have better things to do then AFK F1 Spam for a useless medal.

But reporting idiots is so not worth it. You'd be better off just AFKing in their rooms than reporting them. You know, since they won't get banned anytime soon (WP employees got better things to do too).

Useless Medal being the one that gives around 5k AP and 20 to all stats right?

Edited by iKnowMyABCs, 17 November 2010 - 11:33 AM.

#12 Bhreemon

Bhreemon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Else
  • Server:that other one :D

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

i would like to point out that gravity games added macros to the game for purchase and are free to use until lvl 20 or so. the game company added macros, you're complaining about ppl using macros...see where i'm going with this?

if not please allow me...it's pretty clear that gravity games is ok with the use of macros as they are in fact encouraging players to use and eventually purchase them...

so...why are you whining again?

also how do you know these ppl are using a macro anyway?
thqice gave us the keypad config...they could be taping down a button key'd to f1. should we be against tape now too?!
BAD TAPE!! BAD!!

Edited by Bhreemon, 17 November 2010 - 11:52 AM.

#13 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:37 AM

Useless Medal being the one that gives around 5k AP and 20 to all stats right?

All medals are useless. As it is just a game.

:3c

#14 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

All medals are useless. As it is just a game.

:3c

Living is useless. As it is just gonna end one day.

i would like to point out that gravity games added macros to the game for purchase and are free to use until lvl 20 or so. the game company added macros, you're complaining about ppl using macros...see where i'm going with this?

if not please allow me...it's pretty clear that gravity games is ok with the use of macros as they are in fact encouraging players to use and eventually purchase them...

I don't think you got the purpose of the macro in this game. It was to help you with executing series of skills without having to press 5 buttons whereas in this case, people go on with their business while the bot just spams F1 so they can get one of the best medals.

Edited by iKnowMyABCs, 17 November 2010 - 11:54 AM.

#15 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:07 PM

also how do you know these ppl are using a macro anyway?
thqice gave us the keypad config...they could be taping down a button key'd to f1. should we be against tape now too?!
BAD TAPE!! BAD!!

Taping down buttons is considered botting in any MMO you play. Anyway, taping down the f1 key does not allow the button to be pressed multiple times; it will only register once if you hold down f1. Come on Bhree, I expected better from you.

Edited by Yurai, 17 November 2010 - 12:21 PM.

#16 Panties

Panties

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

Taping down buttons is considered botting in any MMO you play. Anyway, taping down the f1 key does not allow the button to be pressed multiple times; it will only register once if you hold down f1. Come on Bhree, I expected better from you.

So Yurai, how're all those gada capsules you exploited on THQ doing? Or is it all moot now that there's a hint of competition?

#17 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:29 PM

So Yurai, how're all those gada capsules you exploited on THQ doing? Or is it all moot now that there's a hint of competition?

I don't see any exploit there. Competition? More trash is still trash. What's a gada capsule, anyway?

Edited by Yurai, 17 November 2010 - 12:30 PM.

#18 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

I don't see any exploit in these pictures. Mind frapsing it for me?

#19 GaryOak

GaryOak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSlapchop
  • Server:Mighty Putty

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:53 PM

Man Yurai, you just like to complain about every exploit that you don't do/ heard of. Seriously, you are the last person that should be complaining. I mean, as someone has already mentioned. You've only been to this site http://www.gameitems.com/ ,oh a thousand times or so. Just so you can exploit and get free items. But I guess when you sink your whole credit card into a game to be e-cool you don't have to worry about being banned yourself. If anything, you should be happy though, you're getting free wins. God knows that's the only way you broke 1 win.

Edited by GaryOak, 17 November 2010 - 12:55 PM.

#20 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:28 PM

Man Yurai, you just like to complain about every exploit that you don't do/ heard of. Seriously, you are the last person that should be complaining. I mean, as someone has already mentioned. You've only been to this site http://www.gameitems.com/ ,oh a thousand times or so. Just so you can exploit and get free items. But I guess when you sink your whole credit card into a game to be e-cool you don't have to worry about being banned yourself. If anything, you should be happy though, you're getting free wins. God knows that's the only way you broke 1 win.

More groundless claims. Oh, and just because other people haven't made their complaints public doesn't mean that other people don't complain about this issue.

Edited by Yurai, 17 November 2010 - 01:29 PM.

#21 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

Even if he did do that (I'm not saying he did.) Its not like he's going to get in trouble for something he did while THQ was in control.

However, in all honestly this thread is pointless. I suggest you report it via the ticket system if you truly care.

#22 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:05 PM

Even if he did do that (I'm not saying he did.) Its not like he's going to get in trouble for something he did while THQ was in control.

However, in all honestly this thread is pointless. I suggest you report it via the ticket system if you truly care.

Already did before I created this. I'm just pointing something out.

#23 CHiSEEN

CHiSEEN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

lol this thread should just be locked before the flame wars begin.

but on a side note... wasting space? lol pvp is so empty to begin with that its not wasting space at all. Also the rooms are clearly labeled with thier intent. Don't want free wins? Don't join.

#24 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:05 PM

I have noticed this too. At night, a lot of rooms are just these "Free Wins" rooms when I am trying to look for a fight. And yes, I have actually stayed in one and remained unreadied and was never kicked only to see "all players must be ready" or w/e message spammed every second.

#25 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

lol this thread should just be locked before the flame wars begin.

but on a side note... wasting space? lol pvp is so empty to begin with that its not wasting space at all. Also the rooms are clearly labeled with thier intent. Don't want free wins? Don't join.

You deserve a medal for being one of the very few who actually gets it.

Also, their*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users