02/11 Classic Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

02/11 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:52 PM

Hello there folks! Our Roadmap projects continue on schedule as we introduce a new Challenge dungeon with monsters based on the Faceworms from the RO Manhwa! We are also expanding and improving the Asgard Village Newbie Zone project!

Events

New Challenge Dungeon-these custom PVE dungeons are designed for high level players

Asgard Village-we are moving the dungeon teleport NPCs to the stairs and placing town warp NPCs where the red dots are on the mini-map

Asgard Village-Adding a warper to the end of the Training Grounds

You can currently warp there by speaking with this NPC: 

AsgardVillageWarper.jpg

Janeway is being moved from her modest digs in Izlude to the fabulous new Asgard Village! 

Asgard Village-Misc. Convenience fixes

Guild

We will be removing deleted characters from guild rosters each week 

Kafra Shop

-New February Lucky Box

The box contents: 

Gives one of the following at random:

30x Fencer Mercenary Scroll

8x Battle Manual X3

10x HE Bubble Gum

Promethean Crown

Drooping Kafra Telling Doll Hat

Hat of Fortune[1]

Observer

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:02 PM

lol

#3 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:23 PM

What's in the box

#4 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:39 PM

Pumped for the challenge dungeon, any hints about the theme/drops this time around?

Are you moving the Juperos Turnin NPCs around a little too?

Oda can you please post the updated spawn changes for those two Clock Tower maps in your monster change tracking thread?

Also Oda is there any update on the monster drop data with itemids? I know its probably not easy to prepare just curious!

Thing of the week:

I think Undying brought up an interesting point about the elemental swords, it'd be cool to see the introduction of Earth/Wind ones as long as they were available year round and not a one off thing. I still feel that you should bring the Blue Sword up to equal with the Red and then implement identical swords of the other two elements with appropriate skills. There's plenty of other multi element combos for the other weapon types (books, katars, fists, whips, guitars) all with identical attack values. It's much simpler for people to see "Oh hey these are identical I can just get the one with the element I want". Right now everyone's interested in the Reds because of the extra attack, it'd probably be the same for the others if they were not on the same level.

Here is the rest of my things:

• Guild dungeons - balance the spawns (see my post in last weeks thread http://forums.warppo...read/?p=2040181 )
  • Bio3 - just give us the default spawns with wizards and all
  • BGs - do something to make Tierra worth playing, equalise the badge gain, its far more interesting and will help get more people interested regularly
  • Gemstones - just put yellow/reds in the mail annex please, you take an annoying semi-time consuming step out of getting them
  • MVP variance - i'd like to see some rebalancing of it slightly, having a 60 minute MVP with the same variance as a 12 hour seems really weird. It's annoying killing a bunch of short spawn MVPs and the long spawns are impossible to find because its the same group/person just killing it all week
  • Remove stuff from the boxes - can we stop getting the unbound boxes? It's annoying having to explain it to people and seems like a fairly simple fix, just replace them on the drop table
  • Short term VIP - I dont always have an account VIP'd and someone mentioned trying short VIPs in a suggestion thread months ago, I'm sure lots of people play in short bursts (especially around exp/drops events) and I'm sure more people would be willing to regularly VIP if they had more control over it even at a higher cost than 30/90 days etc
  • Old hats - can we find a good way to reimplement old hats that were once available in boxes, there's so many things that are not available and havent been for a while that people want
  • Patcher - I saw Oda suggesting that deleting the stuff in your AI folder would work, so I tried it and it worked for a day before I started getting the clientinfo error again, with nothing in my AI folder. I feel this is probably one of the largest issues preventing people from starting to play the game, if they have to fight the game to play it they just wont bother, its more important than woe balance or exp events or Janeway or anything else because they have to get through the patcher to experience these things.

Edited by Themes, 09 February 2015 - 05:55 PM.

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:57 PM

Time to do dumb crap like remove deleted chars from guild

• won't acknowledge yellow gems
  • won't fix bio
  • won't do job exp conversion for dragons
  • won't acknowledge guild treasure loot problems
  • won't acknowledge autopotion issues
  • won't review god item creation process despite incoming s***storm (that is not sandstorm)
  • won't fix battle manual stacking

Also on a list of reasonable demands:

• 900 storage because of the large amount of different equips on classic and non stacking consumables
  • buff sleipnir
  • crappy card turn in for OCA/ACA

for every day these issues are ignored I am going to mail 10 chainmails to a victim of my choice.

Edited by Xellie, 09 February 2015 - 03:48 PM.

#6 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:29 PM

• buff sleipnir

never do this ever ever until the character Neko Xellie is at least a high novice

also AAAAAAA challenge dungeon C: i'm also really excited to hear about the asgard village changes, took a spin around there during my stream and it looks promising! i definitely look forward to this being finished. i'm hoping it has some informational npcs that teach you about endows or other things, maybe with small exp rewards or novice pots or w/e. 

also remove prontera benches, more people will stand and therefore calves nationwide will become stronger. 

#7 kijudoav

kijudoav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • Server:both.

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

What about the aforementioned guns to be sold at the arms dealer?

even Gunslingers could use a helping hand!

#8 Sushi

Sushi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:58 PM

We don't get Valentine's day new quest? =o

#9 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:53 PM

Thing of the week:

I think Undying brought up an interesting point about the elemental swords, it'd be cool to see the introduction of Earth/Wind ones as long as they were available year round and not a one off thing. I still feel that you should bring the Blue Sword up to equal with the Red and then implement identical swords of the other two elements with appropriate skills. There's plenty of other multi element combos for the other weapon types (books, katars, fists, whips, guitars) all with identical attack values. It's much simpler for people to see "Oh hey these are identical I can just get the one with the element I want". Right now everyone's interested in the Reds because of the extra attack, it'd probably be the same for the others if they were not on the same level.

This would magically make all of the blue swords that people couldn't sell equal in value to red swords. More value actually because frost diver is a little bit more useful than meteor storm.

Just use the blue swords. +X blue sword > +(X - 1) red sword.

I think earth/wind swords are a good idea because many people would be interested in hunting them. They just have to be as difficult to obtain as the red and blue swords. Maybe make a choice to obtain 2 of the 4 swords after defeating naght sieger. Or obtain only 2 of the 4 at random.

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:57 PM

or make a new ET

#11 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:09 AM

or make a new ET

How about...

005 : Eddga
010 : Lady Tanee
015 : Hatii
020 : Dracula
025 : Gopinch
030 : Lord Of the Dead
035 : Vesper
040 : RSX-0806
045 : quest Kiel
050 : Detard
055 : Boitata
060 : Kiel-D-01
065 : Gloom Under Night
070 : Tendrillion
075 : Hardrock Mammoth
080 : Ktullanux
085 : Unsealed Baphomet
090 : Nidhoggur's Shadow
095 : Thanatos & Wounded Morroc
100 : Yellow/Green Naght Seiger

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:36 AM

x_x not quite. I have ideas but not time to type them. Rather not see some of those mvps be highly farmable.

#13 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:50 AM

Are you concerned about lower floors MvPs? If it's Tanee that's bothering you, you can just switch it with another one higher. As for higher floors it shouldn't be a problem with a week delay on the instance.

#14 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:51 AM

Disable all forms of reflect in ET before you go making a new one.

That includes the Shield Reflect skill, reflect damage items such as Valkyrian Manteau and the High Orc/Orc Lord cards, and other reflecting skills like Counter Instinct.

Half the reason ET is so heavily farmed is due to the ease at which a player can reflect kill the MVPs and progress through the instance.

#15 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:04 AM

How about...

005 : Eddga
010 : Lady Tanee
015 : Hatii
020 : Dracula
025 : Gopinch
030 : Lord Of the Dead
035 : Vesper
040 : RSX-0806
045 : quest Kiel
050 : Detard
055 : Boitata
060 : Kiel-D-01
065 : Gloom Under Night
070 : Tendrillion
075 : Hardrock Mammoth
080 : Ktullanux
085 : Unsealed Baphomet
090 : Nidhoggur's Shadow
095 : Thanatos & Wounded Morroc
100 : Yellow/Green Naght Seiger

I probably wouldnt do a bunch of these bosses, but it's definitely something I've mentioned more than once in the last year or so. You could also put a random Bio3 MVP or double up some of the MVPs on one floor to make it ~*harder*~. IMO though a 50 floor with a more limited list would be better. Putting already instanced content (sealed baph/nid) in another instance seems silly, but for the most part outside of Eddga and Morroc most of those MVPs dont seem super camped here so an extra spawn a week for 8-12 people isnt so bad.

Of course there's always the option of just putting something genuinely hard on the first floors so that one person just cant get in and farm the easy -_-, but it'd be at the cost of potentially limiting a more casual or less prepared group from climbing the difficulties so I'm not really sure about that approach.

Speaking of Gopinch can you please implement him?

Edit: Yeah definitely disable most of the reflect gear and the two main skils. There's still genuine uses for having a little on a tank to stop stuff from target swapping, but so much that you can still reflect stuff is silly.

Edited by Themes, 10 February 2015 - 01:05 AM.

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:19 AM

Disable reflect, eske, BG set, CI, tokens

And we have ourselves somewhat of a challenge :p_idea:

So bored of watching people cheese MVPs

Tanee, vesper, kiel, ktull, Morocc, gloom, nid, thanatos.... all no nos I think.

Edited by Xellie, 10 February 2015 - 01:26 AM.

#17 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:20 AM

Don't think we have boitata or any brasilis stuff. Would be cool tho.

And yeah Gopinich is not in and it should be in

#18 Ithica

Ithica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:32 AM

should these still be account bound? (there's probably more to add to list)

star-spangled bandana

air pirate bandana

alice doll

red glasses

evolved pipe

robo eyes

black devil's mask

mini propeller

chick hat

Edited by Ithica, 11 February 2015 - 07:02 PM.

#19 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

Those bandanas are still bound? Cmon guys it's been MONTHS since those were added.

#20 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:56 AM

Which monsters are spotlighted?

#21 iROLee

iROLee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location...

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:48 AM

You had better not go disabling all kinds of reflect anywhere, especially in ET, if you're still trying to attract new guilds to the server.
That would be a huge step backwards.

#22 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

You had better not go disabling all kinds of reflect anywhere, especially in ET, if you're still trying to attract new guilds to the server.
That would be a huge step backwards.

I only see the veteran players that abuse it possibly complaining or quitting because they lost their easy way to farm mvp drops in ET. It's not like they wouldn't have the resources to find another way to go about killing said mvp instead of reflect cheesing. 

So reflect skills/items can go byebye in Et as it was likely something overlooked when they added bg and eske.

Kro renewal disabled it in ET for that very reason.

Edited by HikariYari, 10 February 2015 - 12:17 PM.

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:30 PM

We were talking about a theoretical new ET - something challenging.

Anyway, ET is doable without reflect. Reflect just gives greedy players reason to refuse to bring others to their party. Encouraging the need for more people rather than "we can dual that", "no I can solo that" is much more healthy for guilds and the server alike.

Yup, that's aimed at the people who cry about me taking 5~6 people to hibram instead of duoing it and excluding my guild. They don't even care for the drops (we pool everything) - people just like to DO STUFF.

#24 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Classic - Loki

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

Disable buffs and pots in ET, that will be more challenging. Yeh.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

Honestly, doing ET w/o reflect is really fun

0 user(s) are reading this topic