Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

No.

I jk, let me take a look first

If you are pve Im not sure why you dont take swift arm.
1 point in doomguard only

you can shave 4 points off of lct, 1 off of rage of bugs (only increase dmg after 5) or just drop it, drop strengthened skinned or take lvl 1. Now you have more for max wave of heal max passive defense umm..

Most definitely take armor mastery DNA to 6. You get almost double of lvl 5 If you are pve it is nice to max promis of trust dna.

If pvp then you are kinda lacking some spam skills there.. hehe

Edited by Syre, 17 November 2010 - 02:02 PM.

#3 youngflo1123

youngflo1123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

yea i was looking for a hybrid build one that will work both good in pvp and pve

#4 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:10 PM

Well drop another 5 points from double slash and take absorbing energy, raging strike, revenge telekenesis. If pvp then you definitely needed stuns man.

This except it is outdated and made by a nab(jaja) http://www.requiendium.com/?bid=6985
Keep points in your defensive skills. The trans points his build shows are still relevant. lvl 1 in lct now.

#5 youngflo1123

youngflo1123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:17 PM

yea theres just so many skills with a druid compared to my defiler and rad that idk what do with them all lol

#6 avikin

avikin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:54 PM

I was thinking of getting a skill reset at level 65 (hoping to be there tomorrow or within a couple of days). What do you think of this build idea? (nice build calculator site, btw)

http://kruxena.com/s...0,6,0,1,0,0,0,0

The extra 8 DNA I'll save for Cry of Will and Robbing Willingness (4 more in each). I want to go for the same method as the OP, hybrid for PvP and PvE (this is my main character and I use it almost exclusively so it needs to be decent for both). This new build will have almost no effect on my current pvp style because almost everything I use now is still there (except Bleeding and Double Slash, but I rarely use those and I'm replacing them with swift arm). However, I think it will make me more effective in PvE because I also get a tank form (my current build has no doomguard).

Edited by avikin, 04 December 2010 - 09:54 PM.

#7 frykas

frykas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:05 AM

skill-calculator: Druid
i'm borrowing the topic :P

any comments on this :) up build?

Edited by frykas, 05 December 2010 - 04:06 AM.

#8 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

I was thinking of getting a skill reset at level 65 (hoping to be there tomorrow or within a couple of days). What do you think of this build idea? (nice build calculator site, btw)

http://kruxena.com/s...0,6,0,1,0,0,0,0

The extra 8 DNA I'll save for Cry of Will and Robbing Willingness (4 more in each). I want to go for the same method as the OP, hybrid for PvP and PvE (this is my main character and I use it almost exclusively so it needs to be decent for both). This new build will have almost no effect on my current pvp style because almost everything I use now is still there (except Bleeding and Double Slash, but I rarely use those and I'm replacing them with swift arm). However, I think it will make me more effective in PvE because I also get a tank form (my current build has no doomguard).

Drop Strengthened Skin and max Giantizing. I hope you realize with your current build you only have one physical skill to use which is Robbing Willingness. You have invested much into lct, you will use magic jewels? Swift arm isnt the most effective thing in pvp. I know hybrid build must be fun if you get the right items to be able to tank. However if you are a serious pvp'er or pk'er I don't recommend it. Points can be better used in other areas.

Storm Slash will need more points and so will inferno.

#9 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:02 PM

i'm borrowing the topic :D

any comments on this :D up build?

Either go full DoT or not. I just typed up a lot on it and messed it up so hereis the short. Figure out what you are trying to do and put first things first. You did notice you've no stuns? If you are DoT you are missing wastewater. If you are melee you are still missing stuns which I now recommend to people to max. Absorbing needs to be level 1! To take stuns you need to drop both DoTs or part way with small cuts in points elsewhere.

Small Cuts you can possibly make:
1 off bugs
1 off PoT
2 Absorbing Strike
1 off Inferno Dash
1-2 off DoT Heal
2 off Wave Heal(more if you like. no lower than 4 cut off I recommend)
If you drop a whole Dot and these things you have 19 points for Stuns. At 65 you can 10 FCS and 9 IA.

Make Physical skill crit enchanted jewels. I recommend A +15 Charm set and TB shield/bludgen combo. Resis enchant a FOC Mirona set.

#10 avikin

avikin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

Drop Strengthened Skin and max Giantizing. I hope you realize with your current build you only have one physical skill to use which is Robbing Willingness. You have invested much into lct, you will use magic jewels? Swift arm isnt the most effective thing in pvp. I know hybrid build must be fun if you get the right items to be able to tank. However if you are a serious pvp'er or pk'er I don't recommend it. Points can be better used in other areas.

Storm Slash will need more points and so will inferno.

I was looking at Strengthened Skin, and it doesn't really make much sense for me to have it, at least not five ranks. At rank 2, I get an additional 23 defense. At rank 2 of Armor Mastery, I get an additional 23 defense, but it's always active whether I'm Doomguard or not and I don't need to activate it (However, I can actually get MORE defense with more ranks of Doomguard). So, yes, I agree with that. For one skill point, though, why is the extra 889 hp a bad thing?

I didn't realize that Robbing Willingness was my only physical attack, but I actually have a mix of jewels, some are SL ID stuff (no extra damage at all), some are physical and some are magical. It wasn't designed that way, it's just what I ended up with. I was actually planning on making a set for physical and a set of magical to see which set benefits me most.

I'm not a serious PKer but I do enjoy TB and SvS. In PvP, though, I rarely use Double Slash and Bleeding. I generally paralyze with Invisible Arrow, throw LCT, Robbing Willingness, or LCS while I'm moving in, paralyze with Flame Curse Strike, throw LCT again, transform to Inferno, paralyze with Storm Slash, transform back to normal form, throw LCT again, by then the CD on Invisible Arrow is generally down so I can throw that again. If by then my opponent still has a lot of health, I use my superior speed to run away. :D

As for Storm Slash and Inferno, I intend to put as many points into those as I can while I level.

If I wanted to keep one point in each Strengthened Skin and Giaintizing, would you recommend that I spend the remaining four points in Flame Curse Strike (2) and maybe Double Slash (2)?

Thank you for your input. It is more appreciated than you realize. -_-

Either go full DoT or not. I just typed up a lot on it and messed it up so hereis the short. Figure out what you are trying to do and put first things first. You did notice you've no stuns? If you are DoT you are missing wastewater. If you are melee you are still missing stuns which I now recommend to people to max. Absorbing needs to be level 1! To take stuns you need to drop both DoTs or part way with small cuts in points elsewhere.

Small Cuts you can possibly make:
1 off bugs
1 off PoT
2 Absorbing Strike
1 off Inferno Dash
1-2 off DoT Heal
2 off Wave Heal(more if you like. no lower than 4 cut off I recommend)
If you drop a whole Dot and these things you have 19 points for Stuns. At 65 you can 10 FCS and 9 IA.

Make Physical skill crit enchanted jewels. I recommend A +15 Charm set and TB shield/bludgen combo. Resis enchant a FOC Mirona set.

I agree with some points here. You absolutely need paralyzes. Also, three points in Absorbing Energy? That's just weird.

It doesn't really look like a straight DoT build, but an AoE DoT build (trying to max cont in battlefields? :D). I personally don't like Wastewater and wouldn't take it. I'm also not a huge fan of Rage of Bugs because it's a ground attack and when I did have it, the spell was often wasted because few people moved through it. A lot of people claim it's nice to de-stealth rogues, but if you can't see them, how do you know where to throw that ground attack that only lasts 10 seconds? It has always proven nearly useless to me.

As for the AoE DoTs, they absolutely will help you max in battlefields (especially Strongest), but you won't really get many kills and you'll be mostly useless to your team. If you're interesting in the AoE DoTs for cont, you really only need a handful of ranks in Hydrochloric Acid Throw. I used to have a few ranks and I always maxed cont. I've never really used it, but I've been a target of Thrown Vine and it's mostly just annoying, but I don't think it has often caused my death.

I also recommend removing some points to add to paralyzes. I'd do it a bit differently, though:
6 points from Rage of Bugs
2 points from Absorbing Energy
5 points from Hydrochloric Acid Throw (I think I had 4 when I always maxed cont and I didn't have Thrown Vine)
5 points from Thrown Vine
1 point from Wave of Purification

That will eliminate the useless RoB and 2 points from the useless AE. You'll really never need to have more than one rank in WoP. Also, by removing 5 points from each of the AoE DoTs, they'll still be useful in maxing your cont, slowing your enemies, and you'll still get to throw both. However, this will allow you to max one paralyze and put nine ranks into the other. Those will be massively useful to you and to your allies in battlefields.

Of course, everyone plays differently and everyone will make their builds in different ways, but I think I see what you're trying to do, and this is how I'd do it. :P

#11 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:41 PM

I was looking at Strengthened Skin, and it doesn't really make much sense for me to have it, at least not five ranks. At rank 2, I get an additional 23 defense. At rank 2 of Armor Mastery, I get an additional 23 defense, but it's always active whether I'm Doomguard or not and I don't need to activate it (However, I can actually get MORE defense with more ranks of Doomguard). So, yes, I agree with that. For one skill point, though, why is the extra 889 hp a bad thing?

I didn't realize that Robbing Willingness was my only physical attack, but I actually have a mix of jewels, some are SL ID stuff (no extra damage at all), some are physical and some are magical. It wasn't designed that way, it's just what I ended up with. I was actually planning on making a set for physical and a set of magical to see which set benefits me most.

I'm not a serious PKer but I do enjoy TB and SvS. In PvP, though, I rarely use Double Slash and Bleeding. I generally paralyze with Invisible Arrow, throw LCT, Robbing Willingness, or LCS while I'm moving in, paralyze with Flame Curse Strike, throw LCT again, transform to Inferno, paralyze with Storm Slash, transform back to normal form, throw LCT again, by then the CD on Invisible Arrow is generally down so I can throw that again. If by then my opponent still has a lot of health, I use my superior speed to run away. :D

As for Storm Slash and Inferno, I intend to put as many points into those as I can while I level.

If I wanted to keep one point in each Strengthened Skin and Giaintizing, would you recommend that I spend the remaining four points in Flame Curse Strike (2) and maybe Double Slash (2)?

Thank you for your input. It is more appreciated than you realize. :D

Well what you need then is Raging Strike, Absorbing energy, Revenge Telekenesis, Double Strike, and Bleeding. Five physical skills. Physi jewels with skill crit. Not to mention you have Robbing which is my fav. You don't need strenghtened skin If you level up or get s1 set(or defense buff). Max hp buff is a must for tanking. Think on that -_-

Also on Raging Bugs, you just have to place it in crowded area or where you saw sin restealth. Can use as safeguard against your back. Place it on yourself and use doomguard as bait is nice too. ofc that is mid bracket

Edited by Syre, 06 December 2010 - 10:42 PM.

#12 avikin

avikin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:56 AM

Well what you need then is Raging Strike, Absorbing energy, Revenge Telekenesis, Double Strike, and Bleeding. Five physical skills. Physi jewels with skill crit. Not to mention you have Robbing which is my fav. You don't need strenghtened skin If you level up or get s1 set(or defense buff). Max hp buff is a must for tanking. Think on that :D

Also on Raging Bugs, you just have to place it in crowded area or where you saw sin restealth. Can use as safeguard against your back. Place it on yourself and use doomguard as bait is nice too. ofc that is mid bracket

That's a lot of skills to take. So if I'm going for the physical attacks, how successful do you think I'd be to completely drop LCT? It's my main spell because the cooldown is only 1 second, but if I use those 10 points in Absorbing Energy (1), Raging Strike (1), Revenge Telekineses (1), Double Slash (6), Bleeding (1), do you think I'll often run into situations where I won't have a spell to throw for a couple of seconds? Also, would you put a different number of points into those skills? Or would you recommend that I take one rank of LCT for the sake of the spam skill?

edit: this is how the build could look with certain changes. http://kruxena.com/s...0,6,0,1,0,0,0,0
I removed 9 ranks from LCT and 4 ranks from Strengthened Skin. Somehow my previous build had -1 points remaining (i used 79 of 78 skill points), so I get 9 + 4 - 1 = 12 points. I used 2 in Flame Curse Strike, 6 is Double Slash, 1 in Bleeding, 1 in Absorbing Energy, 1 in Raging Strike, 1 in Revenge Telekineses. How do you think this build would hold up?

Edited by avikin, 07 December 2010 - 09:08 AM.

#13 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:42 AM

That's a lot of skills to take. So if I'm going for the physical attacks, how successful do you think I'd be to completely drop LCT? It's my main spell because the cooldown is only 1 second, but if I use those 10 points in Absorbing Energy (1), Raging Strike (1), Revenge Telekineses (1), Double Slash (6), Bleeding (1), do you think I'll often run into situations where I won't have a spell to throw for a couple of seconds? Also, would you put a different number of points into those skills? Or would you recommend that I take one rank of LCT for the sake of the spam skill?

edit: this is how the build could look with certain changes. http://kruxena.com/s...0,6,0,1,0,0,0,0
I removed 9 ranks from LCT and 4 ranks from Strengthened Skin. Somehow my previous build had -1 points remaining (i used 79 of 78 skill points), so I get 9 + 4 - 1 = 12 points. I used 2 in Flame Curse Strike, 6 is Double Slash, 1 in Bleeding, 1 in Absorbing Energy, 1 in Raging Strike, 1 in Revenge Telekineses. How do you think this build would hold up?

My 79 Build: http://www.requiendium.com/?bid=10805
My FOC Build: http://www.requiendium.com/?bid=10804

You have too many points in Double Slash..
Still max HP Buff, drop strengthened skin, and rest can go into defense.

#14 frykas

frykas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:44 PM

avikin, you got my point ^^
the point of my build is to be able to do pve, and have some skills to help me get contr in FoC and gather points for TB gear..
the only skills i rly need for pve are inferno form + inferno skills, some heals, and some deff buffs =]
the AoE DoT's are for contri in batlegrounds.. =] the problem is, i'm not rly good at handling my druid.. i cant get notmal contri or lots of kills even with stuns.. so i thought-_- the kills.. i'll get my points even if i have to be annoying and hated by other team.. so here comes the dots =D
the other stupid skills like 3 points in absorbing.. well i did have 4 points left, and a stun with 4 point would not help that much.. so i droped them randomly.. gave absorbing 2 points to get some extra healing % =D

#15 avikin

avikin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

My 79 Build: http://www.requiendium.com/?bid=10805
My FOC Build: http://www.requiendium.com/?bid=10804

You have too many points in Double Slash..
Still max HP Buff, drop strengthened skin, and rest can go into defense.

I see what you're doing and I think we play slightly different styles. Although, your 79 build looks to be very close to the direction I'm headed. I've done my skill reset today and I'm only putting one point into Double Slash and maxing Doomguard's HP buff, but I still like having one single rank of Strengthened Skin. It's not a bad tanky def increase for only a single point.

Again, I really appreciate your input and help, though. I feel my build is much better than it would have been without you. :P

avikin, you got my point ^^
the point of my build is to be able to do pve, and have some skills to help me get contr in FoC and gather points for TB gear..
the only skills i rly need for pve are inferno form + inferno skills, some heals, and some deff buffs =]
the AoE DoT's are for contri in batlegrounds.. =] the problem is, i'm not rly good at handling my druid.. i cant get notmal contri or lots of kills even with stuns.. so i thought-_- the kills.. i'll get my points even if i have to be annoying and hated by other team.. so here comes the dots =D
the other stupid skills like 3 points in absorbing.. well i did have 4 points left, and a stun with 4 point would not help that much.. so i droped them randomly.. gave absorbing 2 points to get some extra healing % =D

The problem isn't being annoying to the other team, but being annoying to your team. There is nothing more annoying to me than people on my team that are only concerned about their own cont. It seems that many, many people fail to realize that cont is worth way more (five times as much, I believe) in TB if you win. So that 50 points on a loss would be 250 points if you win. If you want to look at it another way, by winning the match you only need 1/5 the cont to get the same number of points so building your cont isn't as important. Winning is more important than your own cont. I just wish everyone would play with that in mind.

As for the inability to kill people... I know, I'm a druid too. Paralyzes are the only thing that are going to even give you a chance, though. You must have them if you want any kills. Also, with 2 dashes you should be able to get away from just about anyone which should keep your death count low, so if you keep them in a paralysis lock as long as you can and do as much damage as possible and they're still not going down, run away. As for your use on a TB team, I've found that in Union, the best thing for me to do is find someone strong on my team and follow them around. Buff them, heal them, paralyze for them. Help them kill and you'll get cont and still stay alive in order to help your team.

As for the build, like I said before - you don't need all of those ranks in those AoE DoTs. With all those ranks, you'll max way early and the rest of the time, you'll be running around completely useless to your team. You can surely find a better skill than AE to drop extra points into. The healing ability of that skill isn't even worth mentioning.

Edited by avikin, 08 December 2010 - 10:05 PM.

#16 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:00 PM

Okay this is to Mr. Frykas

I totally understand your point but I believe you are going at this in the wrong way. DoT only make capping contrib faster. I will use my build and play experience as an example. With my build defense is still very high and I have what is needed for grind. However there are also stuns and attack skills to kill with. As druid you have at lvl 65 a 12 second stun window if everything is done perfectly. If you want to kill you have to work on gears. Physical jewels, I recommend a +15 charm set ion mine skill crit enchanted. Get a TB bludgeon and put a skill crit up 15% in it. On my druid I've only about 40% skill crit with 10 broken slots in charm set. With +10 Mirona set an avg crit is 1k-1.3k. With inferno and a few buffs crits will hit 2k+.

If you need some help with keyboard set up then pm me.

#17 avikin

avikin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

If you need some help with keyboard set up then pm me.

I know you said it was for Mr. Frykas, but I've been trying different keyboard layouts and I've been curious as to how other druids do it. Do you mind if I pm you?

#18 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:06 PM

sure

#19 frykas

frykas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:42 AM

Thnx for the advises, avikin and Syre ;]
i fully understand that stuns are rly helpful, and i'll get them then the time is right =]
but for now they do not help me that much, simply because i dont have good gear or lots of lant..
i'm planing to use this skill set to help me get better gears =]
TB wpn and shield in particular.. i can get FoC points with my avenger.. but have not played him since traps started to do insane dmg.. don't wanna be hated by others.. =]
i'll pm you for keyboard set some day, then i'll get stuns, for now, i'm good.. ;] Thnx for being nice ;]
p.s. i'm still using lvl 35 FoC +15/+20 fighter set, have +11 fighter supernus jewels with +40 hp in each, and +15 lvl 60 blud with +15% AA crit enchant.. :]

#20 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:31 AM

Thnx for the advises, avikin and Syre ;]
i fully understand that stuns are rly helpful, and i'll get them then the time is right =]
but for now they do not help me that much, simply because i dont have good gear or lots of lant..
i'm planing to use this skill set to help me get better gears =]
TB wpn and shield in particular.. i can get FoC points with my avenger.. but have not played him since traps started to do insane dmg.. don't wanna be hated by others.. =]
i'll pm you for keyboard set some day, then i'll get stuns, for now, i'm good.. ;] Thnx for being nice ;]
p.s. i'm still using lvl 35 FoC +15/+20 fighter set, have +11 fighter supernus jewels with +40 hp in each, and +15 lvl 60 blud with +15% AA crit enchant.. :]

good luck

#21 frykas

frykas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:08 PM

well i have to say.. avikin and Syre where right.. =] we apsolutely need stuns! in STRONGEST using dots are simply stupid.. and without stuns wee just can spam low dmg nukes till we get targeted by some normal dmg class.. =/ stuns are the only hope to do normal.. =]
just some of my experience so far..

#22 avikin

avikin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:31 PM

well i have to say.. avikin and Syre where right.. =] we apsolutely need stuns! in STRONGEST using dots are simply stupid.. and without stuns wee just can spam low dmg nukes till we get targeted by some normal dmg class.. =/ stuns are the only hope to do normal.. =]
just some of my experience so far..

Well, http://forums.warppo...n-of-santa-npc/

Find the Son of Santa and get a skill reset.

#23 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

I reset, not much to test out with druid. Although I hadn't thought of playing with a DoT build for few mins.

#24 frykas

frykas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:03 AM

my build now looks like this =]

Edited by frykas, 22 December 2010 - 01:03 AM.

#25 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 December 2010 - 07:24 AM

Dot build failed on mystic.

Take the point out of strengthened skin put 1 into lightning chill throw. rage of bugs 5 is good for pvp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users