#rip pRO [iRO Migration] -thoughts and welcomes- - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

#rip pRO [iRO Migration] -thoughts and welcomes-

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
305 replies to this topic

#1 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:38 AM

Edit: Changed title as requested and to post quick thoughts for our new players coming in iRO.

http://ragnarok.leve...-to-a-new-home/

10h4rbt.png

WP official blog post:
http://blog.warpportal.com/?p=7275

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 13 February 2015 - 07:41 AM.

#2 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:48 AM

pRO will be migrating to iRO in a "new" server. Soooo... What are your thoughts about this?

#3 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:56 AM

I knew this was coming. :heh:

CMs, good luck. ;)

Edited by Exuro, 13 February 2015 - 12:56 AM.

#4 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:00 AM

I am curious on what will be the reaction of the community since there is a possibility that pRO players will be merged to our population.

#5 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:04 AM

If it's anything like RO2's new server designed to cater to an immigrant population, it will be a cluster-_- dupefest and everyone is going to lag so hard they'll ba - *disconnected from server*

#6 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:10 AM

seeing how spoiled and pay to win pRO is, we will have to educate them into our culture and way of playing. oh, dont forget those bots, dupes and RMT used to live peacefully there.

Edited by fuyukikun, 13 February 2015 - 01:17 AM.

#7 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:12 AM

"Coming soon in April 2015, iRO will open a new server where accounts of PH gamers who opt-in to the program will be transferred." 

for real?

#8 JetStar1993

JetStar1993

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:14 AM

i'm from that server and all i could say is i am not surprised. They milk players so much. You have to spend x amount of cssh to get an instant +11 item was horrible. Sad to see the sever go but its management was subpar to say the least.

#9 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:15 AM

"Coming soon in April 2015, iRO will open a new server where accounts of PH gamers who opt-in to the program will be transferred" - Taken from the webiste.

Does this mean only their characters will be transferred here, or all their RMT'd, duped, and sealed crap comes here? I'm worried.

#10 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:16 AM

"Coming soon in April 2015, iRO will open a new server where accounts of PH gamers who opt-in to the program will be transferred." 

Whew.

#11 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:20 AM

Whew.

Chances are they won't spring for new hardware and Chaos/Loki will suffer for it :x

#12 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:24 AM

Chances are they won't spring for new hardware and Chaos/Loki will suffer for it :x

I am pretty sure that they will be using the same hardware for this new server. Less resources for the Chaos/Loki, more lag for us players. Q_Q

#13 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:24 AM

i'm from that server and all i could say is i am not surprised. They milk players so much. You have to spend x amount of cssh to get an instant +11 item was horrible. Sad to see the sever go but its management was subpar to say the least.

To fair, it had its golden moments. However, it seems like LU! all around the world suddenly went nuts. :heh:

#14 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:28 AM

idealy, iRO will just remotely maintain the original pRO hardware and keep the hardware in the philipines.  Worst case scenario, they ship the hardware over here and maintain it here.  Apocalypse scenario(and most likely), they cannibalize their own servers to support the pRO server. 

#RIP iRO.

#15 THBronx

THBronx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:53 AM

Level Up! bRO coming next.

#16 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:00 AM

that and the pro server will end up merging into chaos

pro openly allows botting hacks are left unpatched every god item has been duped 300 times corrupt gms have given out stacks of mvp cards and were sold in there kafra shop altered character stats

if this is a thing there should be harsh rules NO god items/mvps transferred and all characters will be recreated to stock stats and reset.

harsh yes, but necessary.

#17 Spooky34

Spooky34

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationIn front of you

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:01 AM

pRo EPisode 28?  :hmm:

do they have rebellion class? 

Edited by Spooky34, 13 February 2015 - 02:07 AM.

#18 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:02 AM

On the bright side, Warpportal will be having a lucrative source of income (assuming that it'll continue LU!'s legacy of dishing out MVP cards, +11 upgrades, etc. via the cash shop). If this is going to be on a different server, then the additional funds can be used to improve the existing ones. ;) #onecandream

Edited by Exuro, 13 February 2015 - 02:03 AM.

#19 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:15 AM

On the bright side, Warpportal will be having a lucrative source of income (assuming that it'll continue LU!'s legacy of dishing out MVP cards, +11 upgrades, etc. via the cash shop). If this is going to be on a different server, then the additional funds can be used to improve the existing ones. ;) #onecandream

I admire your optimism... should sprinkle some of that to other people man.

#20 FatDrunknSTUPlD

FatDrunknSTUPlD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • LocationBurbank Buy More
  • Server:iRO Beta Server

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:36 AM

1st. players arnt totally at fault since the company was the one implementing pay to win stuff and what not so most of the players had their easy way in but more or less they still enjoyed playing the game, well sort of, but i do have to agree that the pay to win system is a decease that has contaminated a lot of pRO players @__@

2nd. just because pRO was somewhat pay to play, there are a bunch of us(most likely those who actually started playing when it was first released) playing the game who arnt really spending money, just time and effort, tho not as geared as those who really spend money but more knowledgeable than them w/c makes us still stronger than them but there are a few who are really passionate about the game that in order to ride with the flow they also spend money

(i didnt, didnt have the funds :)) also one of the reasons why i quit p2p before)

3rd. i do hope when the new server would be different from our current server where rich people gets the better of the game, i dont really mind cash shop as long as things there doesnt really make rich people OP :3

4th. i love the game and i dont really care what other people think and im still gonna play the game

#21 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:40 AM

^ It did spoil everyone up to the point that everyone complains when they take out something from the cash shop.
Plus I wonder how most will react to Oda's bot airstrikes and the lack of daily ridiculously high EXP quests that can make you reach 175 in less than a month effortlessly?

I'm mostly worried about people like this:
MadV3tE.png

Translation: GMs (game masters) must be sad that pRO is closing and we're not even sure if the migration will pull through because it's still under discussion, plus no guarantees whether our items will be transferred if ever. How about the sealed MVP cards? They don't exist in iRO, right? So items that don't exist here will be deleted in iRO? That is IF we are transferring. GMs should've just sold everything, even the boss cards & godly items for real money so that the server wouldn't have needed to close. You should've thought that we'll buy it anyway as long as the server remains open. Pfft. Another vice bites the dust.

Get ready for demands for additional cash shop items. It'll take a lot of adjusting for pRO players. :heh:

Edited by Exuro, 13 February 2015 - 03:28 AM.

#22 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:50 AM

I will build...an army...

#23 Rarog

Rarog

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationRussia
  • Server:RT

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:07 AM

Is it true new iRO-pRO server will be available for Philippine players only?
Or for others too? O_o

/summon Oda

#24 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:10 AM

Or for others too? O_o

/summon Oda

i wont join the special server if (in case) idRO is closing and moved to iRo and they given a special server to accomodate Indonesian people. what is the point of iRO then? the international community.

#25 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:24 AM

Or for others too? O_o

/summon Oda

It's /summon "CM Oda" :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users