#rip pRO [iRO Migration] -thoughts and welcomes- - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

#rip pRO [iRO Migration] -thoughts and welcomes-

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
305 replies to this topic

#51 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:28 AM

pRO player migration to iRO = additional iRO players from Asia = a bit more consideration for WoE to be set in times that're a bit more friendly for Asian/Oceanic players.

If pRO players do migrate to Chaos in the end anyway. I dunno.

#52 VModCoffee

VModCoffee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:28 AM

Coffee is a stimulant tho :o

That is true. It always cheers me up though. Nothing takes care of grumpy morning faces quite like a hot cuppa.

#53 Hopscotches

Hopscotches

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationRainbowfields
  • Server:Both

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:30 AM

What did they do to mRO?

Anyway, there are plenty of level 150 characters right now. When some of LU's games closed like Flyff, Eligium, and Rohan,they offered players instant lvl 150 chars of choice with glorious set +11. It did not affect our population at all. We just saw a bunch of new chars played by the same people. Some accounts from those games are still being processed -- that is, they are still not in pRO to date.

For me, the level is not that much of a question but the items are. They should be true to what they said about excluding gods, mvp cards, etc. to make our new home comfortable and competitive to live in.

#54 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:32 AM

actually its the bossnia dungeon that did make level 150/50 in just 4 hours

aside from having lots of bots in the server

Ah yea, almost forgot about the Bossnia. :heh:

#55 VModCoffee

VModCoffee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:32 AM

What did they do to mRO?

http://forums.warppo...player-request/

#56 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:33 AM

If pRO migrates their virtual char's in the U.S., make sure they bring their coffee.  Man, philipino coffee is mighty delicious.  That american junk coffee @ wally world is crap.  Starbucks is too niche and burns their beans (literally, but still good).  

#57 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:37 AM

To all the ladies of pRO:

I'm 6 foot tall, 200 pounds, tan, athletic build, a Virgo.

I enjoy dancing, cracking jokes, working out, and long walks on the beach. I like sunrises.

I am a naturalized citizen of the US, so you will get a green card for marrying me. I have lots of Pesos for I am a doctor.

Doctor Bronx.

I have the cure for your sickness.

#58 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:42 AM

The real question is: will WarpPortal open a new server for pRO players or will they just merge pRO into iRO Chaos? If it's the first option, they can transfer chars, items and zeny, because it won't even affect us. But if the latter option is the one that'll be handled, they should only transfer chars.

#59 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:48 AM

This all smells like a prelude to a very terribad crapstorm. I sincerely hope that pRO will remain completely quarantined and walled off from Chaos Renewal and Loki Classic.

#60 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:51 AM

This all smells like a prelude to a very terribad crapstorm. 

Then you must lack warpportal faith.   

#61 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:53 AM

I've lacked WarpPortal faith ever since that firestorm with RO2 back in 2013. Good god that was terrible.

#62 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

A new server catered to their own timezone would make the most sense! iRO could become truly international like that

#63 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

http://forums.warppo...player-request/

from the thread:

http://forums.warppo...uest/?p=1554925

part of the reason why mRO did not get character data xferred over is because it wasn't provided to iRO in the first place, and there were some other technical details that made it unviable apparently.

not sure what the case will be here but like a previous poster said, if gears/zeny are allowed over, there should be no possibility of ever xferring over to either server.

one benefit to having a separate server is that you could have a woe schedule that caters to Asian players.

#64 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

What's wrong with just characters though? I'd like to hear the reasons. Gear/MVP/Gods is completely obvious to me, but I don't understand why anyone would be against just characters. It's easy enough to make one these days, and it would provide a bit of an incentive for these players to stick around instead of just quitting after losing everything.

#65 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:54 AM

I've lacked WarpPortal faith ever since that firestorm with RO2 back in 2013. Good god that was terrible.

Can't blame the publisher if the problem lays in the game itself.  :P

#66 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:58 AM

Can't blame the publisher if the problem lays in the game itself.   :P

Actually the firestorm was something that WP completely bungled on their own terms, wasn't anything to do with RO2 as a game. I won't get into the details, but I'm sure you can easily find it if you go digging around the forums.

#67 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:58 AM

What's wrong with just characters though? I'd like to hear the reasons. Gear/MVP/Gods is completely obvious to me, but I don't understand why anyone would be against just characters. It's easy enough to make one these days, and it would provide a bit of an incentive for these players to stick around instead of just quitting after losing everything.

My understanding is that pRO is/has been very cash shop driven, and mvps etc are rampant. Stepping down to play without those things after being used to it for X years is hard.

#68 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:00 AM

My understanding is that pRO is/has been very cash shop driven, and mvps etc are rampant. Stepping down to play without those things after being used to it for X years is hard.

It would have to be a choice, of course. If they're going to have a new server anyway, why not offer them the choice to move to Chaos/Classic as long as it's only characters and not gear if they don't want to play on the new server?

#69 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:01 AM

i feel no matter how many announcements are made, a large portion of chars (if indeed chars are moved over) will end up being banned for botting, making the whole exercise a complete waste of time and resources.

#70 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:01 AM

Only characters would be OK. If they brought along EVERYTHING with them, then it would have to be a new server, there's no way you can bring all those cashed in god items and mvps to Chaos... Ymir merge was already bad enough.

#71 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:06 AM

then it would have to be a new server

iRO is opening a new server for pRO migrants, this much at least has already been confirmed information.

#72 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:07 AM

I think some of them would prefer separate server because for those ppl interested in WOE times [recent iRO times are @ early mornings Sunday/Monday/Thursday for their timezones].
^ from someone whom I had quick convo earlier today, but since this is international and ppl take votes for time changes~, kinda sounds unfair too.

For their migration, I agree there should be item/zeny limits for what they could bring -if ever they're really allowing it since this is the first "migration" thing that I've red from all these years.

Their population too is somewhat divided to ppl whom still want to continue in official servers [and move here in iRO], but theres also alot of new pservers advertised/featured in social media/reddit, and ppl who had enough of officials/disappointed, so that wont be really 100% of them,

*Good to hear some are interested in joining our current servers (starting from scratch), we just need to let em know what are allowed and not allowed here. iRO vs pRO differences and browse read our forums.

#73 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:11 AM

Only characters would be OK. If they brought along EVERYTHING with them, then it would have to be a new server, there's no way you can bring all those cashed in god items and mvps to Chaos... Ymir merge was already bad enough.

This.

I would like to see both options available, personally.

#74 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:12 AM

It would have to be a choice, of course. If they're going to have a new server anyway, why not offer them the choice to move to Chaos/Classic as long as it's only characters and not gear if they don't want to play on the new server?

Having forced to choose a choice because of the circumstances is hard. Besides, it wasn't the pRO players who wanted the server to close. I agree to just having a new server for them.

And no, please do not let them move to Chaos/Classic, even with just their characters. If they want to move there, then that's when they have to create new characters.

#75 RenatoKolokoy

RenatoKolokoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:20 AM

Oh, WP and Asiasoft again (LU, pRO publisher, is already under AS)   :heh:

Hint: Look on how they handle the RO2 SEA migration lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users