[Archived]International Ragnarok Online welcomes the Philippines! *Update 4/23* - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived]International Ragnarok Online welcomes the Philippines! *Update 4/23*

• Please log in to reply
3727 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10260 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:51 AM

POPULAR

Mabuhay!
Isang paalala para sa lahat upang maprotektahan ang inyong mga Accounts Data. Ang pag-po-post ng Game Account ID, WarpPortal Account ID, Email Addresses at Ticket Numbers sa ating forums o mga larong may kaugnayan sa social media ay nakakapagpapataas ng tsansang maaring makumprumiso ito ng mga mapagsamantalang tao/manlalaro o masasamang loob. Kung kaya't HUWAG ITONG I-POST hangga't maari sa publiko.

Maraming salamat po.

Update 4/24/2015Due to corrupted data from what we had received from the migration process, it was necessary to clear inventory, storage or both from some ~500 affected characters in order to get the server to run. We greatly apologize for this and will be preparing to distribute starter gear packages to those characters as soon as we can.

Update 4/23/2015: Final Stretch!

We're working closely with the development team to test and insure that the pRO migration goes as smoothly as possible. You can see Thor in the server select menu but it is not open yet! We're in process of extensive testing of items, characters and making sure that the items on the exclusion list are properly removed. 

Newsletter! We recommend that you log into your warpportal account to sign up for the newsletter. We'll be giving away something fun in the next newsletter in May so make sure you're signed up before then. Check out this guide on our support page to see how to sign up!

Update 4/07/2015: Latency assistance!

There are a number of suggestions that can assist with lag. Many players have reported that the leatrix latency fix actually does help so you may encounter the same improvement. 

April 1st

-Jumping Janeway Quick Leveling Event (Renewal and Classic) Quickly advances characters to lower middle tier in levels. To get them into the game faster. Very basic items and consumables are awarded.

-From March 1st to April 23rd if an account creates a character on both the renewal and classic servers and reaches lvl 30 on both servers when the Thor server launches the account will receive a quick leveling pack

(5x Account Bound Battle Manuals) in the Code the Redeemer Storage on the Thor Server.

April 8th,

-Complete the Easter Quest on the Renewal Server and receive the Easter Quest Headgear on the Thor server through Code the Redeemer.

-Complete the St. Patricks Day Quest on the Renewal Server and receive the St. Patricks Quest Headgear on the Thor server through Code the Redeemer.

April 15th

-Sign Up for the Newsletter. Accounts that have signed up for the newsletter will receive a free gift on Code the Redeemer when we sent out the May RO Newsletter.

-Please tell your friends about these events. Get them in game and playing!

April (after opening of server)

Jumping Janeway Event: Talk to the NPC Janeway to get lots of exp! She will provide starter gear and get you leveled quickly to 99!

Skill reset: The Mesmerist NPC will be giving free stat/skill resets in the Paradise/Eden Group. 

Port Malaya spotlight! During these events, monsters found in the fields and dungeons of this town will have double the exp, increased drops and more spawns!

Update 3/31/2015: Guilds will no longer be preserved in the server merger. 

Starting this week we will be having a series of events where participation will earn you items that can be claimed on the Thor server. As well as a quick leveling event for users wanting to get a head start on the Chaos Server.

Update 3/26/2015: We're getting a better confirmation on the timetable for when we can open the new server from the development team. We had hoped to open very close to the pRO close date, but the late posting of the Level Up Opt-In page has resulted pushed the schedule back for the opening to late April. Not exactly the date that we wanted to give to you guys, but we're working to make the transition as smooth as we can, and thank all of you who have already been acting as ambassadors between the communities. 

In the meantime we will be starting up a number of fun April events on Classic and Renewal (as well as on the forums) to take the sting out of waiting! 

Update 3/9/2015: Migration Page is Live! Login to confirm your information to opt-in for the server transfer!

pRO players will have until April 15th to opt-in! The migration will take place after the new server is opened, but you will be able to create new characters play on Chaos Renewal and Classic Loki while you wait. 

Here is the FAQ

welcome-to-RAGNAROK.png

Just a few hours ago, the staff of pRO have announced that their service will be ceasing operation on March 31st 2015. The RO journey is not over for their players however and working together we will be offering a new home for pRO players here.

-Players from the Philippines can now register new Warpportal and Ragnarok accounts (officially) and can begin playing on Classic and Renewal right away. We encourage new players to try out Classic while they wait for their renewal characters to be transferred to our new server since they have not had a chance to play on a Classic server since they launched Renewal!

-In April we will be opening up a new Renewal server and migrating accounts/characters/items* from pRO there. This server will have WoE times that are convenient for the Philippines and all the updates we have on Chaos. This means that they will have access to level 175 and WoE TE right from the start! 

-In order for them to have their accounts moved over, they will need to sign up on an Opt In page. Only accounts that have signed up will be able to be transferred! That page will be live soon. 

For the iRO community: I will need your help in welcoming our new friends, potential guildmates, PVP and WOE Rivals to our community and to our new players: Welcome and enjoy your stay. 

*God Items, God Item Pieces, unopened random boxes, and MVP cards will not be transferred over to the new server. We will have details on which items will not be transferred and what compensation will be offered for these soon.  

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10841 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:52 AM

Looking forward to seeing new strong and powerful players from pRO. This is gonna be fun :p_hi: :p_idea:

Welcome to iRO ^_^

Edited by ChakriGuard, 14 February 2015 - 08:12 AM.

#3 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1096 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:53 AM

ayy

I guess I could take a peek again ...

[edit]

wait it means i can transfer my RG from pRO 

tfw no 3rd job yet in iRO

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 13 February 2015 - 07:09 AM.

#4 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10260 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:55 AM

CHORVAAAA

#5 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1096 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:59 AM

ODAAAAAAAAAAAAA

#6 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:59 AM

what is the server transfer policy? will you be allowing xfers between the renewal servers?

if so, you need to also establish zeny limits, since it looks like people will be able to move over with almost all of their wealth intact.

#7 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1096 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:01 AM

back in pRO, we have these vouchers thing

vouchers that are worth a billion zeny each

so yeah, having a billion in pRO is a joke

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 13 February 2015 - 07:07 AM.

#8 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:02 AM

I welcome our new Phillipines RO players, and hope they enjoy their stay.
However, any transfer between the iRO Philippines server and the iRO Chaos should be forever prohibited, and they should never be merged.

#9 HeavenlyBaka

HeavenlyBaka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOn top of this cat's head

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:02 AM

YAS! Thanks! really looking forward for this.

#10 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10260 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:07 AM

what is the server transfer policy? will you be allowing xfers between the renewal servers?

if so, you need to also establish zeny limits, since it looks like people will be able to move over with almost all of their wealth intact.

It would not be advantageous to either server to potentially have very powerful characters and gear being transferred between them for a long time.

There will be restriction on zeny transferred when the migration happens. 

#11 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:07 AM

I hope that pRO RG joins who I watch on youtube. 

Han'ei Zotaru

#12 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:09 AM

i welcome pRO players. since more people means more fun. btw i also looking forward about transfer policy, make sure items which are unavailable here but available in pRO dont got in.
btw, why you should make seperate server for pRO? that defeats the purpose of iRO where everyone from around the world gather together besides we already have pinoy playee here in the first place like Exuro and Lyrage, and i think they have no problem with iRO time of woe.

Edited by fuyukikun, 13 February 2015 - 07:10 AM.

#13 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:10 AM

It would not be advantageous to either server to potentially have very powerful characters and gear being transferred between them for a long time.

the fact remains however that this hasn't been ruled out as a possibility sometime in the future. hopefully the GMs will be closely monitoring the economies of both servers ahead of ever enabling this feature.

#14 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:10 AM

I think them having their own server for their own characters on pRO is great, they still have a place to play their invested characters. iRO chaos is always welcoming of new players, nothing will prevent them from making alt's there - who knows, maybe they will enjoy the change?

#15 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:12 AM

additionally the new server will have woe times specifically catering to that population. I'm sure the current renewal times aren't all that great for them even if it is playable.

#16 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:21 AM

me as indonesian and maybe other asian players will envy too. maybe i should transfer my char there since they will hve their own woe time which is asian friendly woe time. means, less competition and gthering gods will become easier.
oh and maybe we should call it asian server then

Edited by fuyukikun, 13 February 2015 - 07:23 AM.

#17 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10260 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:22 AM

It's very likely we will have a Janeway event on the new server so Chaos players would be able to get on that server and play more easily. 

#18 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:23 AM

thinking about this a bit more...isn't a zeny limit pretty easy to get around? you would need a check built in to check things like account creation date just to make sure people aren't transferring dummy accounts that are just cash mules.

#19 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:30 AM

Question. If this new server stablishes, and since you're not denying transfers might be possible at some point, would you freely allow god items, god pieces and items to be carried over?

Example: X guild from chaos brings up a huge group to new server to monopolize woe (because why not?) X guild then transfers pieces from new server to chaos, or viceversa.

#20 Saralen

Saralen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Location...
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:32 AM

Please allow me to assist. As they are my countrymen and I know that the welcome would be mixed at best, I want to welcome them with open arms to the international community. By the by, what is the name of the new server?

#21 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:34 AM

Don't forget to check the cart and mail if pRO still enable users to keep items in the mailing system.

#22 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:37 AM

What about their over upgraded items that are +20 and over? Those flat out do not exist on our server.

#23 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:38 AM

Woot. Please guarantee a 0% possibility that this new server will be merged with iRO Chaos Renewal in the future. :D

#24 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:39 AM

...for a long time.

I foresee very bad things happening in the future...

I understand that Level Up is the first company that's going to be sharing character data, which no other server had in the past. But opening a new server and allowing them to bring their characters and everything? I understand that gods/MVP cards/etc aren't going to be transferred, but seriously, a new server? Sorry, but I only see bad things coming from this. I mean, when all other servers closed, they were forced to start fresh. They couldn't bring anything. That, IMO, should be the norm. I feel for the pRO players, but players from mRO and other defunct servers that came here were the ones who really got the stick.

Also, I think it'd be wise for WP staff to encourage the LU staff to put out an announcement at least in their forums about how RMT and botting aren't allowed here.

Just my opinions, but either way, welcome to (a temporarily segregated) iRO, pRO players! :)

#25 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:40 AM

Should not enable WoE until there is a stable population. If you guys do, the server is already dead before it even started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users