[Archived]International Ragnarok Online welcomes the Philippines! *Update 4/23* - Page 7 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived]International Ragnarok Online welcomes the Philippines! *Update 4/23*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3727 replies to this topic

#151 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:15 AM

Teehee~

#152 BouncingPapaya

BouncingPapaya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:04 AM

iRO is allowing pRO players to xfer their leveled characters to the new servers, just no gods/mvps/mini bosses right? I wouldn't mind it if they allowed us to transfer there too from chaos, just with no gods/mvps/mini bosses too.

iRO meets pRO on a server with no pre existing gods/mvps/mini bosses.

This is a very good idea indeed.

#153 kazukimatsumoto

kazukimatsumoto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth ~
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

Hopefully the overupgraded items won't be included in the migration. PRO has lots of +11s or even higher equips because of the "Refine Deed" item. That item can turn an unrefined equipment into an overupgraded one instantly -- 100% success rate (for example, if you have a +11 armor refine deed and you use it to upgrade an unrefined HBP [called Bravery Bag in pRO], then you'll instantly have a +11 HBP without going from +1 - +10 and without using eluniums, safes, or whatsoever.) I'm not sure if someone has already mentioned this in the pages prior to this post, since I haven't read the whole thread yet. So kindly forgive me if you've already read this.

One more thing, the supply of items required for making bombs, runes, etc, are overflowing in pRO. Try checking pRO while it's still kicking, and you'll see lots of bots farming those stuffs. I know it sounds so bad, but botting is almost, "almost" legal in pRO; nobody cares. You can even see, at times, bots with one name, gathered in one place doing something such as popping fireworks all at once, and then yelling, "Happy New Year." There are also bots that offer free warp service, and I have to admit that I use that service since it's very convenient. Bots are part of life there, almost accepted, almost loved. Again, nobody cares, so I think it's not the players fault to fall into botting, since it's the "normal" thing to do. By the way, not all players in pRO have bots. [Note: iRO's GM team is so great, and I'm already loving them all, seriously haha. With GMs and CMs like them, I think some players of pRO who have fallen into botting will be disciplined.]

Good thing that MVP cards won't be transferred to iRO. Since MVP cards in pRO are really common. Almost everyone, if not everyone, has more than one MVP card. We simply get those free, as a reward from purchasing a certain amount of Cash Shop points.

I do have a pRO account, and I would really love to see my beloved characters there here in iRO (specially my pretty hard-to-level-up brewer). I also like the idea of migrating pRO characters to Chaos, but iRO's GM team really have to check which items can be migrated and which cannot be, so it won't be unfair for iRO players.

-- THE END

Edited by kazukimatsumoto, 14 February 2015 - 11:12 AM.

#154 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

Despite my posts regarding the bad side of pRO, I would actually like to see the server rehabilitated by WP management.

Please WP, don't let pRO down. And thank you for taking our server in. :) I'd like to see a changed pRO. Maybe someday, I'll play with my character on that new server again.

#155 kazukimatsumoto

kazukimatsumoto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth ~

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:10 AM

Done reading the whole thread. Phew!!! :heh:

CHORVAAAA

I hope you know what that word means. :gg:  But don't worry it isn't a bad word. :heh:

Oda, can I have my characters in pRO be merged in my main Ragnarok Account. I understand it would be on a different server, I just want it to be merged with my main so whenever I subscribe to VIP service, then my pRO characters will have that service too. Also, I already have the max number of Ragnarok accounts in my WP account, creating a new WP account will be so inconvenient.

---------

Hey Oda, can you bring this feature to iRO? Seems neat.

ew8Kcfk.jpg

It's just like the new online games where you can view your current equipment when hovering over another piece of equipment on your inventory.

I really miss this feature. I really hope this would be implemented in iRO too.
Side Question: Do we have Boitata's Armor here in iRO? I only started playing here in the Janeway era so I'm pretty new. :p_idea:  :p_idea: 

#156 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:10 AM

Honestly you shouldent fragment the servers, just let them merge into Chaos, with apropriate item limits. It will save alot of hassle down the line and then iro and pro players can play, together. This avoids player fragmentation.

The asian friendly woe time sounds nice but why dont you just make another woe time at times asians are awake. This used to happen during ymir server, woe 1.0 and 2.0 happened twice weekly. You could possibly make an additional woe time for asian players thats not intended for americans ie. when iro players are all asleep or at work.

#157 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:14 AM

iRO is allowing pRO players to xfer their leveled characters to the new servers, just no gods/mvps/mini bosses right? I wouldn't mind it if they allowed us to transfer there too from chaos, just with no gods/mvps/mini bosses too.

iRO meets pRO on a server with no pre existing gods/mvps/mini bosses.

Oda mentioned that it might be possible in the future to transfer from Chaos to the new server.

Oda, can I have my characters in pRO be merged in my main Ragnarok Account. I understand it would be on a different server, I just want it to be merged with my main so whenever I subscribe to VIP service, then my pRO characters will have that service too. Also, I already have the max number of Ragnarok accounts in my WP account, creating a new WP account will be so inconvenient.

According to Oda on the livestream, pRO accounts cannot be merged to WP accounts. They will be completely different accounts.

The asian friendly woe time sounds nice but why dont you just make another woe time at times asians are awake. This used to happen during ymir server, woe 1.0 and 2.0 happened twice weekly. You could possibly make an additional woe time for asian players thats not intended for americans ie. when iro players are all asleep or at work.

The problem with this is that guilds will have to have day & night shifts just to guard their castles.

Edited by Exuro, 14 February 2015 - 11:19 AM.

#158 kazukimatsumoto

kazukimatsumoto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth ~

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:19 AM

According to Oda on the livestream, pRO accounts cannot be merged to WP accounts. They will be completely different accounts.

That would be sad then. Well anyway, I'm starting to love my present RG here in iRO. :heh:

#159 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:24 AM

I love that a couple of pRO players have already started mingling here on the forums (or at least in this thread). Welcome to all. :ho:

#160 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

Welcome to iRO philippines! I hope you guys enjoy your stay here.

I'm really glad we're getting more people to our international server. Although I don't mind if a new server pops up, I'd love to see pRO merging directly to Chaos server. But I'm not sure if the GMs can/want to transfer the items (the ones described in the OP are going to be a big "no", of course) over Chaos (characters should be fine though)..

If this cannot happen right now, maybe in a near future, who knows..

Anyway, welcome guys!! Hope we can have awesome times meeting each other / chatting / ETing / MvPing / PvPing and of course WoEing (in either, the new server or in Chaos).

See you around.

#161 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:45 AM

I want to properly say hello to our new players from pRO!

Hope you have a nice experience in the new servers or if you decide to play with us in Chaos and Loki, that all of us have a great time together.

I don't know how was forum life in pRO, but here it can become pretty active. I recommend you check out some features like:

The Ralis Conundrum - a weekly contest for all servers, while the prizes are limited you can get points to exchange later for prizes of the current week's contest.

Bahooka Tiki Lounge - every week on Tuesday, CM Oda and Campitor do a livestream on twitch.tv where they answer you doubts or any question you might have, They usually visit one of the servers and even summon monsters for you to fight! You can ask your questions live or write them down in the corresponding Tiki Tuesday thread, where they have a chance to be answered too.

Login screen contests - We have 2 threads, one for normal loading screens and other for Holiday specific ones. Want to unleash your inner artist? This is the place. (Just don't step into PG18+ stuff)

We also have player held contests in a somewhat regular basis.  :p_idea:

#162 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:57 AM

I don't know how was forum life in pRO, but here it can become pretty active.

Forum life was pretty much like this before, until it gradually degraded. I think the peak would be around 2007-ish, and then the forum activity started to die down after that.

The time came when almost everyone who's active in the forums were from the anti-bot pRO server, Valhalla (yes, it was the only anti-bot server in pRO and was pretty much like iRO in terms of culture). Eventually, the management decided to kill Valhalla (probably because the anti-bot was outnumbered by the pro-bot), and it got merged with an existing server, New Loki, which at that time was full of bots.

Come to think of it, the reaction from the players of pRO Valhalla towards the merge is similar to the reaction of many iRO players towards this migration. :heh: However, most players from Valhalla just decided to quit rather than see the once peaceful leveling maps become bot-infested, and they can't even do anything about it.

There you go, folks -- the untold story of pRO Valhalla.

Edited by Exuro, 14 February 2015 - 11:57 AM.

#163 Saralen

Saralen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Location...
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

So history has a sad fate of repeating itself. Anyway I'd also join the welcome wagon and wish these guys a very warm and happy welcome.

Edited by Saralen, 14 February 2015 - 12:10 PM.

#164 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:13 PM

Well, that was Level-Up! I have high hopes for WP in handling this. I'm browsing through some pRO pages on Facebook and I'm already seeing some people talking about how easy it will be to farm again in iRO even if their items get wiped.

I actually saw someone say that in a matter of weeks, the cost of a MVP card will be equivalent to 1 week VIP.

Edited by Exuro, 14 February 2015 - 12:16 PM.

#165 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:17 PM

Forum life was pretty much like this before, until it gradually degraded. I think the peak would be around 2007-ish, and then the forum activity started to die down after that.

Ohhh! I see...

Just wanted to showcase some of our forum features to the new players. Sadly, in most MMORPG I've play there are players who never, ever use the forums unless they have a realy big doubt or a really big complain...also, if I remember correctly, Chorvaqueen mentioned that pRO forums were full of automated messages, and I just wanted to let the pRO players know that the forums here offer nice and interesting  stuff for everyone. :3

#166 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:17 PM

EDIT: Oh...our forums derp sometimes too!

(Like this) :heh:

Edited by Erydanos, 14 February 2015 - 12:22 PM.

#167 Saralen

Saralen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Location...
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:21 PM

Well, that was Level-Up! I have high hopes for WP in handling this. I'm browsing through some pRO pages on Facebook and I'm already seeing some people talking about how easy it will be to farm again in iRO even if their items get wiped.

I actually saw someone say that in a matter of weeks, the cost of a MVP card will be equivalent to 1 week VIP.

I really, really hope that's just the overenthusiasm talking and not anything questionable that you stumbled on. Also, it's late, go back to bed. I will too. *yawns*

#168 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

lol @ "farm"

#169 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

Etc items should probably be restricted too due to botting mentioned above, and also because people can convert mass amounts of etc items into zeny easily.

#170 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:26 PM

Ohhh! I see...

Just wanted to showcase some of our forum features to the new players. Sadly, in most MMORPG I've play there are players who never, ever use the forums unless they have a realy big doubt or a really big complain...also, if I remember correctly, Chorvaqueen mentioned that pRO forums were full of automated messages, and I just wanted to let the pRO players know that the forums here offer nice and interesting  stuff for everyone. :3

Oh yes, that's the status of the forums now -- full of bot crawlers that post advertisements on crap. But a long time ago, it was really very much like this, and I was pretty active in it too. It had active moderators (and one of them was really anti-bot), and I remember having some kind of an airstrike thread as well. :lol:

There were really a lot of similarities between the good side of pRO and iRO, but sadly, they just got outnumbered by bot & RMT advocates. A lot quit not only because of how crappy the management was, but also because of some people acting really high and mighty towards everyone, trash-talking here and there; and of course, cheaters.

So yes, whoever said that I was discriminating pRO players in that other thread is wrong. Well, he never really read my posts well to begin with. :heh: All communities have their own junk, and it's that junk that we really just don't want to get into iRO.

Edited by Exuro, 14 February 2015 - 12:28 PM.

#171 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:30 PM

I don't think you have to worry Exuro, they might be talking like that because they're used to a very lax GM/CM management and think they can do exactly the same here. As you have stated, some pRO players were very spoilt and got attitudes to match ( this must be the really, really bad apples some of our Phillipine players have mentioned)

While iRO's not perfect, they do a great deal to reduce this practices so those persons are bound for a very harsh awakening.

#172 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:30 PM

EDIT: 2nd duplicated post?! 

Please WarpPortal forums, behave! D:<

Edited by Erydanos, 14 February 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#173 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

that's part of the reason why i think separate servers to start is a good idea; it allows the pRO playerbase to get used to the new culture here on iRO.  moving all their chars directly to chaos renewal to start would likely result in a lot of headaches for both management and both playerbases.

#174 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:35 PM

that's part of the reason why i think separate servers to start is a good idea; it allows the pRO playerbase to get used to the new culture here on iRO.  moving all their chars directly to chaos renewal to start would likely result in a lot of headaches for both management and both playerbases.

Yup, exactly.

#175 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:33 PM

welcome! u guys lucky getting so much love from iRO, we X-mRO only getting 2x exp/drop with novice lvl 1 during iRO welcoming event hehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users