#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

To go along with my RO UI Revamp, I've decided to mock up a friendlist revamp. (Since the Party UI in my revamp is separated from the friendlist.)

anvBrIS.png

Pretty much just copied RO2's friendlist layout with a map column replacing the channel column. For offline characters, the map column would show the map that the character logged out on. But also I'm fine with it showing no maps for offline characters as well. Either one's fine. :3

With this, the friendlist should be easily expanded to at least 60 characters. (Although I'm sure most would like it to be an even 100.)

The Block list would just show Names, Levels, and Job Class.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 17 February 2015 - 06:22 PM.

#2 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:55 PM

Can't say a UI revamp for friends list matters too much to me yet, I would first like to see account-wide friends implemented. And I don't just mean like account123 and account124 kind of stuff, I mean the warp portal level that houses the individual user accounts much compared to how Battle.net works it's magic. The days of trying to contact 12+ characters to try and talk with a single person would be a thing of the past :D

But if I was going to be critical with your UI, I would say less space between data, nameley status and name.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 17 February 2015 - 01:56 PM.

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:20 PM

Can't say a UI revamp for friends list matters too much to me yet, I would first like to see account-wide friends implemented. And I don't just mean like account123 and account124 kind of stuff, I mean the warp portal level that houses the individual user accounts much compared to how Battle.net works it's magic. The days of trying to contact 12+ characters to try and talk with a single person would be a thing of the past :D

Well, that would involve giving away account names and I'm not sure if RO players would be willing to do that. There's also people who would prefer that their friends don't know what other games they play on WarpPortal (or follow them to other games).

But if I was going to be critical with your UI, I would say less space between data, nameley status and name.

How's this? (Would need some sort of name that hits the 16-character limit to do proper spacing.)

PjO2cal.png

And for those of you who don't realize it, a scrollbar would appear if names are added past the window's limits.

#4 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

The map thing probably not possible unless there is a new relay service or server in addition to what kRO has.

#5 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

How's this? (Would need some sort of name that hits the 16-character limit to do proper spacing.)

PjO2cal.png

And for those of you who don't realize it, a scrollbar would appear if names are added past the window's limits.

A little more needs to be removed, because you gotta look at it from a user perspective (like you do with web forms), the more space a person has to skip to match a to b, the less focused it is and the less useful it is when looking at a rather large list.

I suppose line breaks between users would solve this, but could just as easily be done by basically removing the space, since you don't need the title "Status" to know what "On" refers to in the list. The green colour alone triggers an assumption of "Good".

:D

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:39 PM

The map thing probably not possible unless there is a new relay service or server in addition to what kRO has.

And suddenly all stalker friends go "awww...." in sadness.

A little more needs to be removed, because you gotta look at it from a user perspective (like you do with web forms), the more space a person has to skip to match a to b, the less focused it is and the less useful it is when looking at a rather large list.

I suppose line breaks between users would solve this, but could just as easily be done by basically removing the space, since you don't need the title "Status" to know what "On" refers to in the list. The green colour alone triggers an assumption of "Good".

:D

I suppose you're right. How's this?

rYYnzUm.png

#7 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

I'm honestly trying to get approval for an external landing pad type thing that is a partner to RO that would minimize to the sys tray for like bot reporting, global chat maybe, friends listing and some extra stuff that is kinda like a portal that would hopefully house the future patcher.

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:36 PM

Well then. :U

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

Friends list needs to work off accounts, not characters. People who hop around characters a lot are hard to contact in game.

#10 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:38 PM

Friends list needs to work off accounts, not characters. People who hop around characters a lot are hard to contact in game.

Not as easy as it sounds given the nature of how things are.

#11 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:42 PM

mudderland kRO needs to act like they know how to code fer once and do eet. Other well-selling games have this feature. You'd think Gravity would wanna be one of them, huh!

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:46 PM

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, didn't WarpPortal try to do what Inubashiri's doing with WarpPortal Gateway? Whatever happened to that project? It was a decent idea, but the beta test didn't go very well (and forcing Dragon Saga players to launch their game through that didn't really help).

mudderland kRO needs to act like they know how to code fer once and do eet. Other well-selling games have this feature. You'd think Gravity would wanna be one of them, huh!

They always prefer to try than actually do. Just look at RO2.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 17 February 2015 - 05:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users