God Item Creation/WoE Rebalance - Page 6 - Classic Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

God Item Creation/WoE Rebalance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
238 replies to this topic

#126 UlrichStern

UlrichStern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationBeyond where the sun touches
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:The good one wink wink

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:13 AM

If I could I would, sadly can't, requires server/client source and lots of documentation.

in other words needs kRO. kRO don't know there's a classic server. Oh wait...

#127 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:49 PM

in other words needs kRO. kRO don't know there's a classic server. Oh wait...

They know it exists; We are trying to get more development support for it from their end.

#128 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:05 PM

in other words kRO doesn't give a -_-? :/

#129 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

Basically, they don't seem interested in it afaik but that might change if it shows to be profitable which I think it has tbh and beyond that if the community shows enough interest so this can be reported, kinda like a signed petition I guess.  Not saying thats the case, but it wouldn't hurt to try, that was like a year ago and this is now.

Edited by Inubashiri, 26 February 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#130 UlrichStern

UlrichStern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:48 PM

They know it exists; We are trying to get more development support for it from their end.

I know they know it exists, it was sarcasm? that's the word I guess.

How can we -actually- show to kRO that classic is profitable? I mean, the investments come from them, we need to sell classic to it's owner (?) how the hell do we do that?

Sign petitions isn't the best idea, it's an idea tho.

Edited by UlrichStern, 26 February 2015 - 05:52 PM.

#131 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:39 PM

How can we -actually- show to kRO that classic is profitable?

Players have to stop leaving. Players have to actually spend money. Players have to actually play the game rather than logging on for the weekend and then -_- off for 5 days in a row. Of course, this hinges on WP's ability to entice players to stay. Now many players have, in fact, spoken about what it would take to get them to stay. Unfortunately, many of these things are either impossible or long past the point where they would have any meaningful effect; for instance, reducing castles from 5 to 3 in each realm of WoE 2, while good, doesn't matter much when there's still enough castles for everyone left to have at least 1. What makes this kind of system work is there not being enough forts to go around, so people naturally fight each other to see who gets to have one, and then fight to hold it until they accomplish their goals.

Beyond that, watching the different sides yell back-and-forth at each other like it's the other guy's fault that the server is the way it is gives off an impression that the community surrounding the server (or at least WoE) is toxic and should be avoided. When you see that, and then pile on the -_- that gets posted on the rant forum over on iROWiki, not to mention the general atmosphere of that one server that everyone left to go play on, it paints a rather nasty picture. And yet, the GMs are bending over backwards to try and appease these chuckle-_-s rather than cutting them loose and focusing on the people who aren't at each other's throats. At the very least, it'd help if these threads on the official forums didn't degenerate into the same us-vs-them -_- that other forums have to deal with, but Camp and Oda don't seem keen to send the parties involved on a forums vacation for whatever reason.

Anyways, let's talk about God Item creation. I got to participate in this event last night, and I have to say that it was a lot of fun...or it could've been, if there had been competition to at least try and block us from finishing our item. Which brings me to the problem: triggering the final stretch immediately after all the seals have been released seems questionable to me, due in large part to us triggering the event around 10PM server time. Who the hell is going to be able to stop us at that hour? Are rival guild leaders supposed to call their guildmates and be all "Hey Chuck, yeah, I know you're sleeping and you've got a big meeting early tomorrow morning, but could you maybe log onto iRO so that we can block god item creation and maybe even steal it for ourselves?" or do they just have to accept the fact that there's nothing they can do about it due to the time of day? It seems like it'd be more sensible to have the final leg of the quest open automatically a week or so after the final seal is released, and have the event take place after WoE1, to give guilds opportunities to thwart their rivals' efforts in a creation attempt, either by denying them castles (thereby keeping them out of the guild dungeon for the final stretch) or denying them a creation by sneaking your own guild leader in at the final moment. But that's just my impression of things.

#132 Macrocosmus

Macrocosmus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:11 PM

Europeans OP

#133 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:23 PM

Beyond that, watching the different sides yell back-and-forth at each other like it's the other guy's fault that the server is the way it is gives off an impression that the community surrounding the server (or at least WoE) is toxic and should be avoided. When you see that, and then pile on the  -_- that gets posted on the rant forum over on iROWiki, not to mention the general atmosphere of that one server that everyone left to go play on, it paints a rather nasty picture. And yet, the GMs are bending over backwards to try and appease these chuckle-_-s rather than cutting them loose and focusing on the people who aren't at each other's throats. At the very least, it'd help if these threads on the official forums didn't degenerate into the same us-vs-them -_- that other forums have to deal with, but Camp and Oda don't seem keen to send the parties involved on a forums vacation for whatever reason.

Anyways, let's talk about God Item creation. I got to participate in this event last night, and I have to say that it was a lot of fun...or it could've been, if there had been competition to at least try and block us from finishing our item. Which brings me to the problem: triggering the final stretch immediately after all the seals have been released seems questionable to me, due in large part to us triggering the event around 10PM server time. Who the hell is going to be able to stop us at that hour? Are rival guild leaders supposed to call their guildmates and be all "Hey Chuck, yeah, I know you're sleeping and you've got a big meeting early tomorrow morning, but could you maybe log onto iRO so that we can block god item creation and maybe even steal it for ourselves?" or do they just have to accept the fact that there's nothing they can do about it due to the time of day? It seems like it'd be more sensible to have the final leg of the quest open automatically a week or so after the final seal is released, and have the event take place after WoE1, to give guilds opportunities to thwart their rivals' efforts in a creation attempt, either by denying them castles (thereby keeping them out of the guild dungeon for the final stretch) or denying them a creation by sneaking your own guild leader in at the final moment. But that's just my impression of things.

Yeah the forum bickering is pretty miserable, I know a lot of people who just dont bother checking in here because it's mostly all they end up reading and really dont want to get dragged into any arguments about this side vs that side. Including my guild leader who really just doesnt have an interest in getting involved in the pointless arguments while the moderators sometimes notice it and occasionally silence everyone. Not that anyone's really innocent by this point, there's a bunch of people who treat people how they've been treated in the past and new groups of players come in to get involved and just accept it as the norm.

As for item creation, honestly I dont see anyone but VH getting down in there to stop another guild from making an item. Most of the other guilds either dont care or cannot actually stop other guilds from doing anything. We definitely fall into the dont care category, we had a handful of people online last night but nobody even entertained the idea of going down and stopping anything. It's no longer 2005 and most of us have been there and done that with the late night phone calls and waking up to make items or stop other people. We actually had a 36-48h standoff with WC (or net or tth or 2ez whatever they were at that point) and Classic, let me tell you that was not fun at all. Honestly even if you changed the time so that it happened instead of siege one week, we'd probably all just take the day off, there just isnt the kind of competition anymore. Which has actually been a problem for most of the server, it was pretty competitive in the early months, with the return of a lot of named guilds and people were pushing hard to get this or that done. But due to various GM decisions, server problems and bans almost all those players are gone. There's four guilds participating in siege and only one of them is playing the game like it's 2005.

The changes to the system were actually implemented to give players a way to achieve what you wanted, with the quest involving more than just the luck of the draw at running down the hall. It would be clear to everyone when it started and give a reasonable timeframe for it to be completed, each group would have to complete both steps (quests + mvp) in order to progress. While doing it in a pvp environment. While it was a good idea the execution was less than great and there just isnt enough people interested in competing for the right to make items anymore. It's far easier to guarantee yourself a creation by doing it on your own terms in your own time (if you can manage to get it together at all).

It all really comes down to the two things I mention pretty regularly. Player numbers and the player commitment. Getting more players would obviously increase the likelyhood of guilds willing to go the extra mile and compete on the same level as each of the guilds we currently have, giving them reasonable opposition for their level of commitment. Also deciding which tier of players you focus your game around, if you make things more casual the hardcore groups will pull ahead but the casual groups will actually be able to participate in stuff like god item creation and consider competing against each other for that.

#134 UlrichStern

UlrichStern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:49 AM

Players have to stop leaving. Players have to actually spend money. Players have to actually play the game rather than logging on for the weekend and then -_- off for 5 days in a row. Of course, this hinges on WP's ability to entice players to stay. Now many players have, in fact, spoken about what it would take to get them to stay. Unfortunately, many of these things are either impossible or long past the point where they would have any meaningful effect; for instance, reducing castles from 5 to 3 in each realm of WoE 2, while good, doesn't matter much when there's still enough castles for everyone left to have at least 1. What makes this kind of system work is there not being enough forts to go around, so people naturally fight each other to see who gets to have one, and then fight to hold it until they accomplish their goals.

You do see the problem there, right? There's a big piece of everything that is missing in there. You're missing the "why".

Why would people play a server that has a lot of bots, why would people spend money doing that? I spent some money already. Today I was thinking why did I spent money on it? I could have used it for capirinhas. I'm not regreting it, but I've been thinking of a why and I can't find it.

#135 Macrocosmus

Macrocosmus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:11 AM

Yeah the forum bickering is pretty miserable, I know a lot of people who just dont bother checking in here because it's mostly all they end up reading and really dont want to get dragged into any arguments about this side vs that side. Including my guild leader who really just doesnt have an interest in getting involved in the pointless arguments while the moderators sometimes notice it and occasionally silence everyone. Not that anyone's really innocent by this point, there's a bunch of people who treat people how they've been treated in the past and new groups of players come in to get involved and just accept it as the norm.

As for item creation, honestly I dont see anyone but VH getting down in there to stop another guild from making an item. Most of the other guilds either dont care or cannot actually stop other guilds from doing anything. We definitely fall into the dont care category, we had a handful of people online last night but nobody even entertained the idea of going down and stopping anything. It's no longer 2005 and most of us have been there and done that with the late night phone calls and waking up to make items or stop other people. We actually had a 36-48h standoff with WC (or net or tth or 2ez whatever they were at that point) and Classic, let me tell you that was not fun at all. Honestly even if you changed the time so that it happened instead of siege one week, we'd probably all just take the day off, there just isnt the kind of competition anymore. Which has actually been a problem for most of the server, it was pretty competitive in the early months, with the return of a lot of named guilds and people were pushing hard to get this or that done. But due to various GM decisions, server problems and bans almost all those players are gone. There's four guilds participating in siege and only one of them is playing the game like it's 2005.

The changes to the system were actually implemented to give players a way to achieve what you wanted, with the quest involving more than just the luck of the draw at running down the hall. It would be clear to everyone when it started and give a reasonable timeframe for it to be completed, each group would have to complete both steps (quests + mvp) in order to progress. While doing it in a pvp environment. While it was a good idea the execution was less than great and there just isnt enough people interested in competing for the right to make items anymore. It's far easier to guarantee yourself a creation by doing it on your own terms in your own time (if you can manage to get it together at all).

It all really comes down to the two things I mention pretty regularly. Player numbers and the player commitment. Getting more players would obviously increase the likelyhood of guilds willing to go the extra mile and compete on the same level as each of the guilds we currently have, giving them reasonable opposition for their level of commitment. Also deciding which tier of players you focus your game around, if you make things more casual the hardcore groups will pull ahead but the casual groups will actually be able to participate in stuff like god item creation and consider competing against each other for that.

The forum behavior issue is pretty miserable. I've been a lurker for a long time now and I notice that there is a big disconnect between the two "sides." Perhaps they should talk to each other instead of this "no we don't want that -  so shut up!" mentality that goes on.

Both sides claim the moderators/game masters favor the other side. Most of it seems to be aimed at VH, their counter claims are that because nothing is done about it, the moderators are against them.

Regarding creation, so that I don't misunderstand, are you inferring that VH are the supposed "bad guys" in this situation for wanting to stop others? Is their desire to stop other guilds a jab at the guild in particular or is their participation born from just seeking competition? Is your belief in that guilds should not have to fight another to create their items?

My next question is are you saying that god item creation is too hard? It seems much easier than it was in the past if two groups are allied. Otherwise if I understand the quest correctly one group does significantly more work than the second.

And lastly for you, would casual creations of god items not cause a balance issue and problems for incoming players? How would you achieve this without taking the achievements away from the hard-nosed players that have already worked for their items? Can you compromise with them? Can you actually discuss it with them to find a middle ground?

Also, why is VH so big? How do they do it?

Edited by Macrocosmus, 27 February 2015 - 04:16 AM.

#136 terence1

terence1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationINDIA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:17 AM

I Would just like to say 1 thing Stop the Ally Helping Thing That would make Woe Interesting and at the same time competitive. No more large Guild with like 3 branches supporting main tree. Think about it put it into trial once all the density goes for a toss. GM's kindly go into Woe's to check if they are still helping each other staying away from each other through portal rooms.

#137 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:54 AM

The forum behavior issue is pretty miserable. I've been a lurker for a long time now and I notice that there is a big disconnect between the two "sides." Perhaps they should talk to each other instead of this "no we don't want that -  so shut up!" mentality that goes on.

Both sides claim the moderators/game masters favor the other side. Most of it seems to be aimed at VH, their counter claims are that because nothing is done about it, the moderators are against them.

Regarding creation, so that I don't misunderstand, are you inferring that VH are the supposed "bad guys" in this situation for wanting to stop others? Is their desire to stop other guilds a jab at the guild in particular or is their participation born from just seeking competition? Is your belief in that guilds should not have to fight another to create their items?

My next question is are you saying that god item creation is too hard? It seems much easier than it was in the past if two groups are allied. Otherwise if I understand the quest correctly one group does significantly more work than the second.

And lastly for you, would casual creations of god items not cause a balance issue and problems for incoming players?

We're big because we're active outside of WoE. People see the guild emblem attached to active players and want to join that guild.

It's getting a bit silly though, because the more people join and go around doing stuff the more players are wearing the emblem and the more it looks like we're the only active guild on the server because our numbers dwarf that of any other guild... and the cycle repeats.

Otherwise:

• People seem to blame whoever got their opinion actioned, regardless of if there were any alternatives available, sometimes even if what occurred was an indirect benefit to a person or guild that NO ONE asked for.
  • VH are the bad guys in terms of creations because they have the most god items. Any attempt to be competitive against other guilds' creations is seen as "stifling progress" and "maintaining superiority" where the differences only are in effort.
  • Creations are stupid right now because sets are incredibly easy (and cheap) to put together, the seals can be spammed, nobody except guilds edging at creation even push them so you can time it down to the minute, even if you fail the kill counts are retained, anyone can ninja off the back of anyone else if they're fast enough and meet the prereqs, and Seal Power 2 is literally the dumbest idea for a small server in the history of ever because MORE gods on a server with newbie integration issues is just killing us.

#138 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:37 AM

Most of changes asked and done just don't fix anything. Thats why im literaly saying its stupid. And I know im right.

Less token used for a guild trying again -> A guild already prepare the quest to roll it on a period of time they can avoid the comp. So if they don't have token thats quite silly.

Reducing the god item to 1 made. will just slow down thing, it doesnt fix anything. The more the server get older the more making god item become the only way to do business as people already have everything else they want. So people will start spamming the quest more often and god item saturation will come like any other items in the game. If you don't want item saturation. You need to give to player something else to do than god items.

Otherwise at some point the only thing left to do will be god item. And even if VH spam the quest more than other. I believe the quest will be spammed so much later on. That, there will be no more set on the server. And at this point its going to be completely saturated. If there is a fix to search, its a permanent fix. And all the bull-_- change talk on forum and bull-_- temporary fix will never satisfy me.

Your saying every server is doing the same mistake but what you ask doesn't even fix that mistake, so whats even the point of asking?

#139 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:01 AM

Most of changes asked and done just don't fix anything. Thats why im literaly saying its stupid. And I know im right.

Less token used for a guild trying again -> A guild already prepare the quest to roll it on a period of time they can avoid the comp. So if they don't have token thats quite silly.

Reducing the god item to 1 made. will just slow down thing, it doesnt fix anything. The more the server get older the more making god item become the only way to do business as people already have everything else they want. So people will start spamming the quest more often and god item saturation will come like any other items in the game. If you don't want item saturation. You need to give to player something else to do than god items.

Otherwise at some point the only thing left to do will be god item. And even if VH spam the quest more than other. I believe the quest will be spammed so much later on. That, there will be no more set on the server. And at this point its going to be completely saturated. If there is a fix to search, its a permanent fix. And all the bull-_- change talk on forum and bull-_- temporary fix will never satisfy me.

Your saying every server is doing the same mistake but what you ask doesn't even fix that mistake, so whats even the point of asking?

Those are a series of deterrents to stem the tide of god item creation. On their own they have little effect but compounded they pretty much triple the time required to make n gods compared to how creations work now.

Kill count resets are fantastic because they stop people from creating passively. They will always have to sink the initial stones to get the quests and, should one of their quests not be 100% complete, it will count as a failure, be wiped and they will have to pay the stones again on their next attempt. The system as proposed will only offer a stone discount to competed counts, and those counts will be reset anyway so they'll have to do them all again. It will be impossible for prospective ninjas to slowly build up their counts, never rolling the seals themselves or paying stones to the NPC, and steal a creation when they've passively built up what they need. This assumes the quests would be wiped by the NPC and more stones would need to be paid to get them back, which is how I understand the proposition.

Reducing max creations per event to 1 will halve the god item influx. No more excess power for additional creations, less gods coming into play per event. Simple as that.

Honestly I'm not even going to address that last part because creating items over time is just a common sense thing. It's theoretically possible that another 5 GTBs will drop and come into play given enough time as well. There's no "permanent fix" to server uptime :v

Now would you be so kind as to propose a solution instead of just shooting down what we've currently got?

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 27 February 2015 - 06:08 AM.

#140 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:08 AM

I've already said so much fix about this. lol and the response I got was like weird post like. Well the problem is the item. just like ignoring the whole stuff I said lol

#141 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:09 AM

So if the problems are the items themselves, you'd rather them be removed altogether? Or...

#142 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:15 AM

Your good at twisting my word.

http://forums.warppo...-2#entry2038085

http://forums.warppo...-3#entry2054248

The amount of thread about this is insane I don't see why I would repeat myself billion of time

#143 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:29 AM

I'd rather a full fledged WoE and a God/MVP-less "protected" WoE than scripting shenanigans about gods in play per-guild. There's too much potential for abuse and subversion.

#144 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:05 AM

just wipe all gods and pieces disable dr in woe and reset kill counts after a creation is made and youll be good 2 go

#145 lyriell84

lyriell84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

just wipe all gods and pieces disable dr in woe and reset kill counts after a creation is made and youll be good 2 go

Have fun playing on an empty server then.

You can't just remove everything people worked for on this server and expect no backlash from it.

I've said it several times already. A lot of opportunities were missed from the very start and at this point in time it's too late to repair the damage that has been done.

I also think that the God Item creation itself isn't a problem but the retardedly high droprates with HE Gum and VIP.

Combine that with a less competitive WoE scene due to other bad decisions causing a lot of the big guilds to quit and you get what's called the current classic server.

Stop trying to fix problems about the game which aren't really connected to the game but the bad server management.

Only fair solution to me would be a complete server wipe. Wipe the slate clean and start anew. And this time don't -_- things up so badly.

Edited by lyriell84, 27 February 2015 - 08:51 AM.

#146 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

Only fair solution to me would be a complete server wipe. Wipe the slate clean and start anew. And this time don't -_- things up so badly.

You do realize that, if the current Classic server shuts down, that's it, right? There won't be a do-over. It'll be the final nail in the coffin for pre-Renewal Ragnarok. Ergo, this isn't an actual solution, and you should stop suggesting it.

#147 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:06 AM

And lastly for you, would casual creations of god items not cause a balance issue and problems for incoming players? How would you achieve this without taking the achievements away from the hard-nosed players that have already worked for their items? Can you compromise with them? Can you actually discuss it with them to find a middle ground?

I dont think there's that much that can be said at this point, the GMs just need to find a way to stop it happening here on the forums. I think they're worried about any potential backlash from handing out extended holidays to people as it'll greatly reduce their likelyhood of returning to post.

I dont think that many people who actually know whats going on are regularly claiming bias, a lot of them are just trolls or people who dislike one side or the other and the other side claiming bias when the GMs listen to them about a heated point. Not going to say any more about bias but both groups have direct access to the CMs at this point and the CMs will keep picking and choosing the issues they want to fix for the server as they notice them or feel that its important enough to solve.

There was never any intention to label VH the bad guys with that post, they're playing the game old school. Which is absolutely fine but not everyone wants to play like that anymore. In fact I dont think any other guild currently playing wants to play like that. Which is why there's so many divides in what people feel is best for the server lately and why people may think its us vs them. In a perfect world there would be 20-30 guilds active on our server, some in each tier of commitment. There would be a few guilds on VHs level fighting each other for top position on the server making items, econning forts and fighting regularly. A few on our level, hasbeens and people who are more laid back, enjoying the game at their own pace. A whole bunch at Auroras level where there's just a handful of friends who are doing their best to get involved but dont want to take the steps to hardcore it up. Dont really know where ID fit there so I cant really comment but not ignoring you!

As for fighting to make items it's something that probably should be happening, but it takes so long for non-VH guilds to prepare to make an item that they dont actually *want* to fight other guilds for the opportunity, because if they lose that's quite a large amount of time and effort. Especially when you're going to be coming up against VH most likely who have a player/item advantage right now (which they probably always will at this point).

I dont think anyone's really saying that god item creation is too "hard" but it's much more time consuming than it should be for a server this size. In fact we've been saying reduce the number of seals required since they were first implemented and there was even guilds around back then. Here's my take on god item creation. It should be a guild effort, it was designed with 56 player guilds in mind in a time where MMOs were all about being grindy and time consuming. The effort was supposed to be split amongst them fairly evenly, each player would have to do 8 quests or so a piece to get the total 400. Here that's not what's happening at all. Some guilds have more players than others willing to do the mindless questing and that's where the difference lies here. VH have what 2-4 people doing all the quests? We had one for our last item (other people pitched in but mostly one person). We still want to spread responsibility for making an item around most of our guild, we probably have 10-15 people who could contribute varying amounts of quests over a period of time to get an item made, but at 100 quests it's at best case ~6-7 quests per seal. This may not seem like a lot, but we'd also like to play the game too, running around doing quests for 3-4 hours a week is not fun. We'd much rather go to Dragons, Biolabs, Thors or level -_-ty alts.

Casual creation would absolutely start to cause random power concerns because the more dedicated guilds would probably start making items all over the place. The issue with this server and god items really comes down to the fact that there were a lot of drop steroids added at varying times (VIP, gum, then HE gum and semi-regular drop events) which combined with an increase in the base rate means god items are very common. There's many more sets than there should be. The best thing would be to attack that, figure out a plan of action and say "In four-six months we're going to be doing <thing> make your items before that guys!" then do whatever <thing> is. Could be removing existing parts, forcing a trade of parts 2:1 3:1 or something. While also lowering the drop chance of gods from treasure (no idea how you could make this work properly) either immediately or at that cutoff point.

VH is active, their leaders care about the game and regularly do stuff. They're also the big name in woe right now, people like to flock to the winners especially when if you hang around you'll get access to an active guild of experienced players with lots of items. I dont mean any of that in a negative way, it's just how I view it from the outside.

#148 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:17 AM

The best thing would be to attack that, figure out a plan of action and say "In four-six months we're going to be doing <thing> make your items before that guys!" then do whatever <thing> is. Could be removing existing parts, forcing a trade of parts 2:1 3:1 or something. While also lowering the drop chance of gods from treasure (no idea how you could make this work properly) either immediately or at that cutoff point.

I was thinking about this, actually; make it takes 3x the number of pieces to make a god item while simultaneously lowering the droprate of pieces to or below card rate, then encourage those with large stockpiles to create their items, and have this last for 3 months or something like that. However, I'm not sure what action you could take afterwards to address leftover components short of just removing them from everybody, which seems unfair, though perhaps necessary.

#149 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

3x is a lot of pieces honestly, I cant imagine anyone besides you guys having 3 complete 1.0 sets of anything right now. But it's probably going to be a better long term solution than doing nothing. I really dont have a huge concern with people who have quit missing out, but you can always remove their god pieces and leave them a note to contact the GMs when they return.

The item gathering should always be more difficult than the creating, we should probably do what we can to change that around with what we've still got. Right now it's not how things are. I'm not even sure there's a way for us to make the item gathering difficult on such a small server but I'm sure people have some possible ideas.

#150 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

so yeah i am gonna post once in here and be done with this u can do whatever u want after that .

anyway about god item saturation that is purely from item droprates not the quest itself the main problem is from ymir to here is guilds quit and the items never vanished they were inherited or sold of though rmt/shady deals. same can be said with classic as there is maybe around 8 or so woe1.0 made items from dead guilds that players who still woe have access to now am not saying there being used or not but its a demotivator perhaps to smaller guilds. the renewal god item box system was a great idear and should of been put in place as it  would of helped wash away items from dead guilds/ inheritors who leached off that now defunct guilds work but too many players cried about the system the way it should be is after the year the item gets broken and it returns to guild leader and they would need to ithere remake it or pay a hefty zeny fee or half the required seal stones as it is in classic. this promotes activity from guilds to keep in the woe/pvm scene since if they made a few 1.0 items they would constantly need to refresh them each year. atm if players are not greedy u can piece together a meg/ hammer set but making it is another thing all together  the new guilds suffer from zeny infrastructure atm even if they did aquire a castle and went purely on gsb it would still cost them quit a bit and the rare pieces have no value. now if there was say a easier way to produce the sets that are acumleted prices woudl skyrocket no longer would u see hammer/sliepnir /bris parts in vends but they would climb 3x-5x there prices you can go about pure speculation but its called supply and demand the supply is more then the current demand for the items.

player populatiion lets face it ur  demographic age is 25-35 optimal they would be like myself who can do what they want with there free time but even then i have social obligations a wife/kids to tend to so juggling that and managing game time is hard. now go with your avrage player managing 45 hour work week/school  add in social obligations gf/bf/ family ur time to actually game dwindels real fast then ur put with a choice how productive can i be if i can squeeze in maybe 5 hours a week to game do i attend 1 woe /hunt for my supples try to level , hunt for rares. casual hunt mvps if there around? these are all very common choices working players have to make

here is some refence from last year about supplying guilds  1 is from the now defunct wrecking crew/2ez

note these are not made to bring up drama more as refernce any way tooken other wise
http://forums.warppo...oxes/?p=1787970
http://forums.warppo...date/?p=1760404
http://forums.warppo...date/?p=1760396

2nd though my time of competing in online gaming leagues such as the defunct CAL / CEVO/ AND TWL  most players always flocked to the strongest teams very few even attempted to play with the underdog teams or start there own and if they did play with the underdog ones it was temporay to use em as a steping stone to get to the top teams. as  most human psyche cannot take losing/ learning from mistakes so they would rather join the most powerful and be a background suppoorter to a star instead of trying to rise up to star player caliber.

3rd there is very few reasons to play/do thigns inside the game anymore  even certain items lost there zeny making ability nydhogger while still profitable will not be in a month or two as most players will have obtained all they need and the purchases will stop. u need to put in a infrastucture that benifits activity and micro transactions anything past 25m is a 1 time purchase  the kvm/token system was a way to promote activity and give new players a chance to build wealth and its also a steping stone for new guilds to obtain tier 2 gear that can compete with the stacked gods/mvp /teir 1 gear that most remaining players have.

so in retrospec a way needs to be done to lean out the excess parts/ made items

promote guild /player activity and perhaps implement the 1 year rental system that was proposed during the renewal server merges of 2013/14 not sure on those exact dates its been awhile. have the active guilds pay a 500m/1b few to remake each item or half the seal stones after the 1 year rental.

promote ways for daily player activity /zeny infrastucture.

guilds in general should take a pentely  for overpowering smaller guilds/ though over numbers ithere though woe econs/drops or though zeny fines this of course would need someone every weekend monitoring woes. naturaly 5 players more then the smaller guild wont matter but over that a fine should be made.

anti cheat client every major gaming orginization  had one or a way to promote fair and equal play there is none as private 3pp can  lesson a players human error factor by a huge degree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users