God Item Creation/WoE Rebalance - Page 9 - Classic Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

God Item Creation/WoE Rebalance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
238 replies to this topic

#201 Macrocosmus

Macrocosmus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:07 PM

I certainly want to discuss it, can we continue this discussion from my Xellie account? I hope I've made a point about how we should all listen to each other now. <3

I'm asking you for your idea for a compromise, I have presented you with the problem and I'd like to hear your idea on a solution whilst I think of one. I might be excitable and overbearing sometimes and this is me trying to prove that I do listen.

Because the idea has merit. It's just a kind of bad "moving of the goalposts" at this stage.

Edited by Macrocosmus, 02 March 2015 - 05:16 PM.

#202 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:53 PM

Well I guess that goes to show when people aren't distracted by a name, civility can happen.

Maybe it's Xellie's fault that her name inspires such great hatred towards her, but this should be an example that Valk and VH both can work together and hopefully move towards the common goal of making Classic a better place.

#203 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:23 AM

So thoughts.

(Assuming Themes will read this since we've been civil up to now)

God item components could be used for various other things to reduce their total on the server

examples:

Pieces could be used to trade up for other parts at a large rate (e.g: 3 cat treads for 1 moustache).

Now this may sound like a competition killer or castle devaluation, it would actually be taking away potential future sets to finish a current set, thereby reducing the total number of components.

Also it could make econning one castle more viable since you're getting a 2 for 1 value from it. That is, you could get your cat treads, continue to econ brit 3, get massive OCAs, pay allies with treads that they need and work on your moustache. Rather than taking multiple single forts being ~teh best~

Pieces could be used to create an uncompeted attempt at creation.

What if you could pay god parts to make your item in your own time? The cost of this would have to be huge as it's not excluding the ability to take part in normal seal based creation. I'm thinking something along the lines of 1 of each piece for the item being created as the cost, to open an exclusive Okolnir like creation quest for that guild.

Pieces could be used for other items.

Things like Hat of Sun God using the payon 4 god drop. This could be a PVM gear that requires a god component. This would help in market stimulation too. Giving small guilds with random captures pieces that they can actually sell to establish themselves.

God Pieces could be used to buff Sleipnir.

Pay parts, do a new quest, get leap or a speed buff. It had to be said. I would pay many a wheel of unknown to make some heelies, even if they were pvm only.

Edited by Xellie, 03 March 2015 - 07:25 AM.

#204 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:29 AM

Well I guess that goes to show when people aren't distracted by a name, civility can happen.

Maybe it's Xellie's fault that her name inspires such great hatred towards her, but this should be an example that Valk and VH both can work together and hopefully move towards the common goal of making Classic a better place.

The irony is I have all of her "guildmembers" blocked because all they do is parrot the things she refuses to say on her account for whatever reason. Funny that probably more than a few of them actually are just her lmao

Oda: C'mon Viri. Posts like this are just going to piss off the natives...

#205 etansit

etansit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Server:Classical Conditioning

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:30 PM

The irony is I have all of her "guildmembers" blocked because all they do is parrot the things she refuses to say on her account for whatever reason. Funny that probably more than a few of them actually are just her lmao

Why is this ok? CM's? Anybody? I'm tired of this. I am listening and I lurk a lot to get a general feel for the situation in whatever thread. I'm still trying to learn everything i have forgotten about in RO but again are people allowed to say certain things? As for civility, Valk/VH did a no reflect Sealed Shrine together it was pretty fun. And still waiting on Tolrin's PM back. If i recall Rory said he is always available to talk and it's been a few days jus sayin.

#206 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

Oda: C'mon Viri. Posts like this are just going to piss off the natives...

May I ask what this is or what it's meant to accomplish?

All I see from this is a Community Manager, someone whose job is to objectively mediate and remove obvious flamebait like this, publicly taking sides and being selective about what needs attention without considering the interests of people who are affected, doing absolutely nothing to discipline the poster (on the contrary you seem to be jokingly encouraging him), and insinuating that certain members of our community are, in your own words, "natives", and you know the connotations of that term Oda; that's not a pretty thing to say.

But hey at least you're not straight up deleting posts so they can't be used as evidence. I'll be speaking Heim about this, and I just want you to know that your recent actions and post mods on the forums will be a very prominent topic of conversation.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 04 March 2015 - 05:32 PM.

#207 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:45 PM

All I see from this is a Community Manager, someone whose job is to objectively mediate and remove obvious flamebait like this, publicly taking sides and being selective what needs attention without considering the interests of people who are affected, doing absolutely nothing to discipline the poster (on the contrary you seem to be jokingly encouraging him), and insinuating that certain members of our community are, in your own words, "natives", and you know the connotations of that term Oda; that's not a pretty thing to say.

But hey at least you're not straight up deleting posts so they can't be used as evidence. I'll be speaking Heim about this, and I just want you to know that your recent actions and post mods on the forums will be a very prominent topic of conversation.

is this how valhalla people are going to address differences now? threatening people? super cute now that it's directed at oda, let's see if he does anything now

don't get me wrong, it's a pretty dumb thing of oda to say, but i certainly would not go as far to say that he's encouraging viri

Edited by Ecclesio, 04 March 2015 - 01:46 PM.

#208 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:47 PM

is this how valhalla people are going to address differences now? threatening people? super cute now that it's directed at oda, let's see if he does anything now

don't get me wrong, it's a pretty dumb thing of oda to say, but i certainly would not go as far to say that he's encouraging viri

:p_swt:

Edited by Xellie, 04 March 2015 - 01:54 PM.

#209 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

He's a moderator. That -_- is not okay.

#210 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:04 PM

i think everyones getting there panties in a bunch here  lets not forget they were on vacation and campitor is still on one.  quoting myself here how can we make it more alluring for new woe guilds to join here and help with the high start up costs of making a small compitive guild.

EDIT:  option 1.maybe guild pack with account bound meta gear?

option 2  Rental meta gear maybe 1-2 months till they get a foot hold into the server and can supply there own meta gear.

naturally there would have to be rules / the gm team would have to moniter thigns closely so there not getting taken advantage of and 

the guild will remain active for atleast a few months in woe/pvm,

well i understand the lack of parts to maintain the items but not to bring up the past but i will before they actually placed the gr/dr/mp back into card albums we had over 1500 oca,s and the other guilds were vending them while we stock piled. a lot was lost and we have yet to get 1 of those 3 cards out of the many batches of acas opened since the conversion happend.  in all honesty i dont see any other workable solutions. beside gaining more players  starting and gearing a new guild costs money and alot of it

these prices reflect per chars / includes them hunting for some gear.

stun proof bio with mid level gear+cards=283m

Scholars  if they use bg set+ck +2xnimble gloves =255m

sac palidin  with full bg set/Fb +2x nimbles 174m

stun proof hw bg set +dark bac +2xnimbles 217m

mid tier champ gear =alice doll/slotmid+ Drobe+varients/2x nimbles  529m

these 5 players cost 1.5bil in zeny  to gear to  be a somewhat small competive guild you would need atleast 10-14 players  now the current game structure doesent allow these new players to generate that kinda income in a timely fashion  to attend woes let alone even

what we should be looking at is how can we promote new guild start ups /player migration from the privateservers another thing they look at is our base rate thats on the website, they just see it as super grindy  but we constantly have drop/vip events that raise the modifers for items.  

[leveling is not the problem now that there is ways to get there in a respectable time to trans class having them stay motivated as a guild and cutting the cost down on entry fees to compete/join woe is the issues here]

Edited by zerowon, 04 March 2015 - 02:11 PM.

#211 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:16 PM

All I see from this is a Community Manager, someone whose job is to objectively mediate and remove obvious flamebait like this, publicly taking sides and being selective what needs attention without considering the interests of people who are affected, doing absolutely nothing to discipline the poster (on the contrary you seem to be jokingly encouraging him), and insinuating that certain members of our community are, in your own words, "natives", and you know the connotations of that term Oda; that's not a pretty thing to say.

The reports are that he was commenting on a thread in a server he doesn't play on. Hence why I told him that his posting would be making the "natives" of Classic upset. Poor choice of words, I do apologize for that. 

Every day I see reports (from both sides) pop up sniping at each other. Some are examples of clear harassment, some are borderline, and some are criticism or passive aggressive swipes but not enough to warrant a warningless removal. We remove the ones that insinuate GM bias, accusations of cheating, or foul language. 

Honestly the problem in the Classic community has become difficult to deal with. The volunteers don't like to deal with the Classic community people because they get screamed at by guilds full of people when any post or poster gets touched (or not touched)  and it's frustrating on my end to see day after day, week after week of bias accusations, complaints and demands. I don't want to be the hall monitor and as I've said before you are adults. I need your feedback, I need your help without all of the drama that keeps getting brought in here.

Just...help me out here and we can work on what we're supposed to: getting people playing on Classic. New players see the stuff that gets posted up here and it can't be making them want to play here.

I know we've made mistakes and a part of the blame for the current situation is on me but we have to work together on this. I personally really don't care whose guild you are in, I really don't care about WoE metagame drama. I care if people are having fun, I care if the WoE/PVP/BG is a fun and fair experience for you guys and I care what you have to say about where you want the game to go. 

#212 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:34 PM

Honestly the problem in the Classic community has become difficult to deal with. The volunteers don't like to deal with the Classic community people because they get screamed at by guilds full of people when any post or poster gets touched (or not touched)  and it's frustrating on my end to see day after day, week after week of bias accusations, complaints and demands. I don't want to be the hall monitor and as I've said before you are adults.

I can't imagine why...

You should just do the right thing and make me a moderator for just the classic sections and ignore all outside complaints about it.

#213 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:52 PM

I can't imagine why...

You should just do the right thing and make me a moderator for just the classic sections and ignore all outside complaints about it.

Don't post in classic threads anymore Viri. 

#214 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:59 PM

The reports are that he was commenting on a thread in a server he doesn't play on. Hence why I told him that his posting would be making the "natives" of Classic upset. Poor choice of words, I do apologize for that. 

Every day I see reports (from both sides) pop up sniping at each other. Some are examples of clear harassment, some are borderline, and some are criticism or passive aggressive swipes but not enough to warrant a warningless removal. We remove the ones that insinuate GM bias, accusations of cheating, or foul language. 

Honestly the problem in the Classic community has become difficult to deal with. The volunteers don't like to deal with the Classic community people because they get screamed at by guilds full of people when any post or poster gets touched (or not touched)  and it's frustrating on my end to see day after day, week after week of bias accusations, complaints and demands. I don't want to be the hall monitor and as I've said before you are adults. I need your feedback, I need your help without all of the drama that keeps getting brought in here.

Just...help me out here and we can work on what we're supposed to: getting people playing on Classic. New players see the stuff that gets posted up here and it can't be making them want to play here.

I know we've made mistakes and a part of the blame for the current situation is on me but we have to work together on this. I personally really don't care whose guild you are in, I really don't care about WoE metagame drama. I care if people are having fun, I care if the WoE/PVP/BG is a fun and fair experience for you guys and I care what you have to say about where you want the game to go. 

Viri's post is a perfect example of the kind of toxicity you stated is hurting the server's reputation, and from which new players can derive a negative opinion of the community.

For all the words, excuses and apologies you just strung together, I'm seeing no action.

You were pretty quick to pin me down for that RA2 video whose effect was entirely based on context, but you seem to be ignoring posts made by people here, seemingly benign but contextually insulting (Alex). Claiming bias, ridiculing a player and their guild, and then telling people "relax a little bit and stop with the personal stuff". I mean dayum son. Your inability to take action for fear of bias is enabling the very thing you claim to look for and protect against.

Edit: Damn it you did something while I was typing. Post still stands though.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 04 March 2015 - 03:01 PM.

#215 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:38 PM

Well that didnt take long.

#216 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:45 PM

Viri's post is a perfect example of the kind of toxicity you stated is hurting the server's reputation, and from which new players can derive a negative opinion of the community.

For all the words, excuses and apologies you just strung together, I'm seeing no action.

You were pretty quick to pin me down for that RA2 video whose effect was entirely based on context, but you seem to be ignoring posts made by people here, seemingly benign but contextually insulting (Alex). Claiming bias, ridiculing a player and their guild, and then telling people "relax a little bit and stop with the personal stuff". I mean dayum son. Your inability to take action for fear of bias is enabling the very thing you claim to look for and protect against.

Edit: Damn it you did something while I was typing. Post still stands though.

Only recently I've gotten some classic people to ask me for help to make some stuff better.  Before that it was the toxic gtfo our server, you don't play it, blah blah blah....so basically I said fine and left it to its own devices why help those who don't appreciate.  I have to speak to the attitude though of the newer mods they feel like they can't do any kind of their job without some pitch fork mob coming after them.  This is kinda a failing on both sides really and for the mod side, better guidelines and rules are being worked out and put into place.

If you have suggestions for some thing renewal has that classic might could use for QOL or some enhancement you might like, ask me.  

#217 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:08 PM

Perma rcx bb lines grf edit pls

#218 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

I can easily understand you guys (and the mods) quickly growing frustrated with us.

Let me talk to you a little bit about why this keeps happening (especially the bias). There's no real guidelines for what constitutes what, there's an obvious common sense area where attacks and accusations are off limits, but there's also lots of grey areas and they're being inconsistently enforced. There's no real punishments for starting drama, people are able to keep posting regardless of what they have to say and will keep repeating the same stuff. Editing or hiding a post is not a real solution, it just hides the evidence. People should have to think carefully about what they post here, it's an official board and people should be treating each other at least somewhat civilly. Right now (and for the past two years) they really arent, it causes problems like what Quanta was talking about earlier. It has honestly just become a reflection of how people act in game, there's very little punishments on iRO for your actions. Griefing someone at an MVP or anywhere else may constitute a days worth of time out, on the one account that was causing the problem. What if you decided you wanted to actually stop that person from playing the game and took away all their accounts or all the accounts that IP had connected to? If there were actually punishments that mattered for breaking the rules you'd see a lot less rule breakers.

It's the same for the forums, if you punish someone for taking things wildly offtopic in a thread in the foundry for the express purpose by attacking/accusing/belittling a guild it's likely that this behaviour will decrease. There's a lot of extra hostility around but while the only actions that get taken are post edits/hides you're not addressing the problem. When you posted a few months ago in one of the patch notes threads talking about how you didnt want any guild drama I asked you for some guidelines or examples, it got ignored and nothing actually changed. Same people saying the same things dragging the same other side into the same arguments. If you start to punish people when they break rules the ones with no self control will get themselves banned and everyone else can break the habit of sniping each other consistently while contributing to make this a better place/server.

I have no problem with you (the GM/CM/mods) asking people to be the bigger man and try brush off comments. But if you start taking some action with aggressive probations. I'd much rather get a probation for a slip of the tongue than have anything I say hidden/removed.

I know this is pretty offtopic but its pretty important to keeping people willing to contribute here on the forums.

Edited by Themes, 04 March 2015 - 07:27 PM.

#219 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:23 PM

@oda /camp good luck am done posting here giving advice I feel this is a waste of my time and will no longer participate in these discussion due to this being a epic derailing of 3 pages wish you the best with the server but seams like i will look at taking my dollars/time elsewhere. Good day

#220 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:50 PM

So thoughts.

(Assuming Themes will read this since we've been civil up to now)

God item components could be used for various other things to reduce their total on the server

examples:

Pieces could be used to trade up for other parts at a large rate (e.g: 3 cat treads for 1 moustache).

Now this may sound like a competition killer or castle devaluation, it would actually be taking away potential future sets to finish a current set, thereby reducing the total number of components.

Also it could make econning one castle more viable since you're getting a 2 for 1 value from it. That is, you could get your cat treads, continue to econ brit 3, get massive OCAs, pay allies with treads that they need and work on your moustache. Rather than taking multiple single forts being ~teh best~

Pieces could be used to create an uncompeted attempt at creation.

What if you could pay god parts to make your item in your own time? The cost of this would have to be huge as it's not excluding the ability to take part in normal seal based creation. I'm thinking something along the lines of 1 of each piece for the item being created as the cost, to open an exclusive Okolnir like creation quest for that guild.

Pieces could be used for other items.

Things like Hat of Sun God using the payon 4 god drop. This could be a PVM gear that requires a god component. This would help in market stimulation too. Giving small guilds with random captures pieces that they can actually sell to establish themselves.

God Pieces could be used to buff Sleipnir.

Pay parts, do a new quest, get leap or a speed buff. It had to be said. I would pay many a wheel of unknown to make some heelies, even if they were pvm only.

#221 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:05 PM

Everyone so desperately needs to check their ego at the door here and discuss something that works from both sides. I'm going to tell last nights story from my side. I can't speak for any other guild, so if you want to be heard talk. If you're ok with Valhalla leading the suggestions and discussions, then stay silent.

I am NOT going to sit around and watch this happen tho. It's hurting my guild, it's hurting our "enemies", for lack of a better term, it's hurting the server's future prospects.

Last week, Valhalla sat out of WoE 2. We had our reasons. I want to lay down a few facts here about why. We have discussed doing so for a very, very, long time. Recent forum (in)activity was the main prompting for this.

What was the result? Soloists. Maybe like 5 of my guildies logged on to some stupid alt guild at the end to take castles. I waited in one solo on a sinx for about 5 mins then broke the emp uncontested.

That is not WoE.

And with those 5 people we got 2 castles. The one I solo'd had 30 economy. Remind me why I run a guild again? Clearly efficiency lays in not fighting, going to an empty for with just 3 edps a cursed water and a crit katar.

This week we came back with our usual crew + a few non trans and new recruits to the server so they can experience WoE. I'd say new recruits, observers and non-transes account for 20% of our attendance.

We took back the 100/70 econ fort which we don't even need or want with ease. That castle we abandoned last week I mean. That is how little it means and how little value econ has in the entire WoE scene. You can pick up and put down a 100 econ fort without a care in the world. You can come back to it knowing it won't break more times than will damage it beyond opening okolnir.

That is the week before we left it empty knowing it could break 7 times (and wouldn't) before we lost the ability to create asprikas. I shouldn't feel that safe.

We created something in the number of 18 Asprikas before getting bored. I have 4~5 sets still kicking around on various accounts. The problem is we already own 9 guild asprikas. I had so many pieces from random castle takes I just created them and gave them away to guildies for free. I needed vf4 to complete those sets for them.

After that what could the plan be? I don't know. We have just been sitting there because people come to us because it's fun. We don't want or need the castle. I'm getting ~20 OCAs a day, I'm sure my GR collection will continue to grow at an astonishing rate. Not that I can ever hand out all of GRs btw.

Point is, none of the castles give any reward worth taking because they have all grown in econ over the past year for inactivity.

don't need the gods

don't really need okolnir

don't need the random other drops

don't need the OCAs

Valhalla plays because we enjoy actually having to fight to win our items. I don't like to be handed things for free, I don't like meaningless battles.

But the server made WoE meaningless ultra fast. But I wanna WoE. I'm confused.

Also all of juno was 50+ econ last night no wonder nothing sells. So bad.

And because of the way econ was left alone, even 100 econ forts are kinda worthless due to item flooding.

My proposal is this : Give us a way to break our gods (either enhancement, combining them) or close WoE 2 for a while to allow asprikas/bryns to regain value.

Oda: just for you - tldr;

It isn't fun anymore in WoE 2 because nobody plays.

And there's no reward.

Edited by Xellie, 09 March 2015 - 12:07 PM.

#222 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

Everyone so desperately needs to check their ego at the door here and discuss something that works from both sides. I'm going to tell last nights story from my side. I can't speak for any other guild, so if you want to be heard talk. If you're ok with Valhalla leading the suggestions and discussions, then stay silent.

I am NOT going to sit around and watch this happen tho. It's hurting my guild, it's hurting our "enemies", for lack of a better term, it's hurting the server's future prospects.

Last week, Valhalla sat out of WoE 2. We had our reasons. I want to lay down a few facts here about why. We have discussed doing so for a very, very, long time. Recent forum (in)activity was the main prompting for this.

What was the result? Soloists. Maybe like 5 of my guildies logged on to some stupid alt guild at the end to take castles. I waited in one solo on a sinx for about 5 mins then broke the emp uncontested.

That is not WoE.

And with those 5 people we got 2 castles. The one I solo'd had 30 economy. Remind me why I run a guild again? Clearly efficiency lays in not fighting, going to an empty for with just 3 edps a cursed water and a crit katar.

This week we came back with our usual crew + a few non trans and new recruits to the server so they can experience WoE. I'd say new recruits, observers and non-transes account for 20% of our attendance.

We took back the 100/70 econ fort which we don't even need or want with ease. That castle we abandoned last week I mean. That is how little it means and how little value econ has in the entire WoE scene. You can pick up and put down a 100 econ fort without a care in the world. You can come back to it knowing it won't break more times than will damage it beyond opening okolnir.

That is the week before we left it empty knowing it could break 7 times (and wouldn't) before we lost the ability to create asprikas. I shouldn't feel that safe.

We created something in the number of 18 Asprikas before getting bored. I have 4~5 sets still kicking around on various accounts. The problem is we already own 9 guild asprikas. I had so many pieces from random castle takes I just created them and gave them away to guildies for free. I needed vf4 to complete those sets for them.

After that what could the plan be? I don't know. We have just been sitting there because people come to us because it's fun. We don't want or need the castle. I'm getting ~20 OCAs a day, I'm sure my GR collection will continue to grow at an astonishing rate. Not that I can ever hand out all of GRs btw.

Point is, none of the castles give any reward worth taking because they have all grown in econ over the past year for inactivity.

don't need the gods

don't really need okolnir

don't need the random other drops

don't need the OCAs

Valhalla plays because we enjoy actually having to fight to win our items. I don't like to be handed things for free, I don't like meaningless battles.

But the server made WoE meaningless ultra fast. But I wanna WoE. I'm confused.

Also all of juno was 50+ econ last night no wonder nothing sells. So bad.

And because of the way econ was left alone, even 100 econ forts are kinda worthless due to item flooding.

My proposal is this : Give us a way to break our gods (either enhancement, combining them) or close WoE 2 for a while to allow asprikas/bryns to regain value.

Oda: just for you - tldr;

It isn't fun anymore in WoE 2 because nobody plays.

And there's no reward.

just because you and your guild find woe 2 to be of no value to you, that does not mean other guilds feel the same. honestly, if i had god items and mvp cards out the ass, i'd probably feel the same as you do. but i don't. that being said i don't like how dead woe 2 is. but on the other hand i'm also not thrilled that the only options for fighting other guilds are VH, because we both know how those fights are going to turn out. we joked last woe 2 that if VH are our only opponents, we might as well not woe and just do al3 during woe time or something lol. i love fighting, but not battles that i have zero chance of winning.

the woe inactivity is a side effect of having a server that no one wants to play. i feel like the CM's have gotten a lot thoughtful feedback and suggestions on the forums on improving the server. granted, they're scattered throughout various threads, but still. this server is brutal to new players. it's super easy to level, but brutal to get the necessary gears to stand a chance in woe.

#223 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

just because you and your guild find woe 2 to be of no value to you, that does not mean other guilds feel the same. honestly, if i had god items and mvp cards out the ass, i'd probably feel the same as you do. but i don't. that being said i don't like how dead woe 2 is. but on the other hand i'm also not thrilled that the only options for fighting other guilds are VH, because we both know how those fights are going to turn out. we joked last woe 2 that if VH are our only opponents, we might as well not woe and just do al3 during woe time or something lol. i love fighting, but not battles that i have zero chance of winning.

the woe inactivity is a side effect of having a server that no one wants to play. i feel like the CM's have gotten a lot thoughtful feedback and suggestions on the forums on improving the server. granted, they're scattered throughout various threads, but still. this server is brutal to new players. it's super easy to level, but brutal to get the necessary gears to stand a chance in woe.

The items would be of more value to you if econ flooding hadn't happened. I'd be buying parts tbh.

But yeah, you get it. Our problem is we feel obligated to log out? (see last week)

Not to be rude I don't want to attack Aurora for those reasons, and with ID gone.... eh. 

Honestly I thought the ideal solution would have been au vs ID and vh vs valk (no alliances)

I PMed your recaller last night asking numbers so I could split forces one vs valk and 1 vs aurora but nobody seemed interested. (valk included) - I'm not interested in pointless gvgs, I'm interested in getting the server active and keeping guildmembers amused whilst we all work on goals.

Edited by Xellie, 09 March 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#224 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

1. God Item Quest Change

Currently the God Item quest kill counts don't reset on failure. This allowed users who have failed creation to be very passive about the next attempt and does not encourage competition in any way.

The Change:

Going forward any new kill counts will be flagged for reset. This would stop rewarding on going failure. For a time there would be guild leaders hanging around who won't be reset until they successfully create. This would cause the creation to really be competitive.

2. Restructuring of WoE

The future domination of WoE by God Items is both a bad and good thing. Players should be able to reap rewards from their efforts. However they should not be able to use those rewards to completely lock out any contenders future participation in WoE.

The Change:

The Current WoE 1 and WoE 2 get merged into the same rules set.

WoE 1 then gets sub divided into a two part WoE that happen at different times.

1. Part 1 is the continued full power WoE: God Items and MVP cards fully allowed

2. Part 2 is a more protected WoE; God Items and MVP cards are disallowed/nerfed 

The realms that are assigned to Part 1 / Part 2 of WoE 1 would then start rotating on a quarterly basis. Treasure boxes would also be rebalanced. By making each WoE event smaller this would encourage competition. New guilds would also be able to participate as they would have the protected WoE to find in.

Im not so sure about the changes to the God Item quests, you've already made several adjustments and its kinda clear that there aren't many different guilds creating Gods at all. In fact with the server population the way it is, its near impossible for a new guild or current guild (with the exception of 1) to create God Items. Why are you trying to make it even more difficult if guilds arent constantly creating Gods?

In regards towards the disabled WoE, I think its a great idea it'd be nice to have more of an even playing field. If we get more positive feedback when this is implemented this might be where are discussion should be focused because it definitely allows for newer guilds to emerge and not have to spend billions of zeny to be on a competitive level.

#225 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:17 PM

Just because VH is done making their items and only want to fight it doesnt mean the other guilds are in a similar situation. Any new guilds will set their own goals and have aspirations to achieve them. But if they're confronted by a guild with all the stuff they want and get endlessly worn down with constant fights by superiorly organised/geared players it's going to get old fast.

There's just zero balance between the guilds right now. There's no guilds of equal strength, which would be fine if we had a bunch of guilds because then they could ally/merge like we've been doing to get strong enough to fight the larger guilds. It's just not fun, changing the number of forts or the way god items are made wont actually change this. The only proposed change that is actually going to have a positive effect on peoples experiences would be a woe lite with no gods/mvps but it's still going to suffer from size/organisation differences.

The GMs should be focusing on finding ways to get more players on this server and then interesting them in sieging, in that order. If there's some guilds you can actually convince to return (or start) I'm sure the GMs would be willing to help them out, I believe Campitor has said they'd be willing to help. But making changes to existing game systems without any promise of new players is only going to disrupt the current playerbase which is not a good idea.

I'd also like to see a GM response to my last post, I've already seen a couple of random snipes containing the type of stuff we should be stopping and I really dont like seeing people able to get away with some really loaded comments regardless who they are. Hell the fighting directly after my post which has now been hidden is a perfect example of the kind of stuff we should be encouraging people to not post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users