02/18 Classic Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

02/18 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:11 PM

Events

Exp and Drops boost on VIP accounts increases 50% for two weeks!

Select Rental items opened during the next two weeks will last three days longer

Rune-Midgard dungeon spotlight switches to Geffen Spotlight. During the spotlight period (generally a month) monsters that spawn in the geffen area will have double the exp, (exp for all monsters are already doubled) increased drops and some increased spawns. For the list of monsters that will be affected check this page

We're still looking for unused monsters for the Challenge dungeon, I'm pushing hard for it but if we can't find the monsters it wouldn't be able to go in this week. 

Asgard Village

Jumping Janeway-looking for suggestions on monsters to replace Gargoyles and monsters for a possible expansion to 70-95 hunt quests coming soon. Monsters that have decent spawn rates, and solo-friendly preferred.

Next week we will be migrating the eden group room and NPCs to be inside of the asgard training village (will be connected by portal)

I think we will be able to add a vendor for guns and the other items suggested in our Asgard thread here this week

#2 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:42 PM

Looks like some good stuff.

#3 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

We're still looking for unused monsters for the Challenge dungeon, I'm pushing hard for it but if we can't find the monsters it wouldn't be able to go in this week. 

I cant believe you guys are still having trouble with this.

I did a once over on your drops spreadsheet and here are some options (I have no idea how many of them are already being used for things, but these seem to all be event based monsters no longer in use): 

Spoiler

If these are all in use you can modify the mob spawns for the following monsters and either use a single ghost or just put the actual monsters in and just increase their mob summon time, I doubt anyone would care enough to farm these:

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1299/

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1296/

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1388/

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1312/

Not sure about anything else, but I wanted to get this posted earliest so that we dont miss out on the challenge dungeon. There is a LOT of people who really want it to go in, dont -_- it up. I'll post my list and any other comments later when I have more time.

Also if you guys need help testing these things, fix access to Classic Sakray and I'm sure a bunch of people will be able to help you test this stuff. 

Edited by Themes, 17 February 2015 - 09:12 PM.

#4 kijudoav

kijudoav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • Server:both.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:17 PM

Asgard Village

Jumping Janeway-looking for suggestions on monsters to replace Gargoyles and monsters for a possible expansion to 70-95 hunt quests coming soon. Monsters that have decent spawn rates, and solo-friendly preferred.

This...

This is AWESOME!

#5 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:32 PM

Cool. With this, 100% exp rate for VIP, + 2x exp event. Gonna make some new char

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:35 PM

1395 Crystal CRYSTAL_1
1396 Crystal CRYSTAL_2
1397 Crystal CRYSTAL_3
1398 Crystal CRYSTAL_4
1951 Crystal CRYSTAL_6
1952 Crystal CRYSTAL_7
1953 Crystal CRYSTAL_8
1954 Crystal CRYSTAL_9

Are used for the Valkyrie's gift event.

1664 Photon Cannon POTON_CANON
1665 Photon Cannon POTON_CANON_1
1666 Photon Cannon POTON_CANON_2
1667 Photon Cannon POTON_CANON_3

Juperos Quest

1875 Tristan III TRISTAN_3RD

Nameless Island quest O_o

2380 Gift Stealing Raccoon XMAS_SMOKEY_GIFT
2379 Socks Stealing Raccoon XMAS_SMOKEY_SOCK

These appear when we do the juno/rachel summoning too.

#7 Einsatzgruppen

Einsatzgruppen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:29 AM

-

-

-

-

-

edited...

Edited by Einsatzgruppen, 18 February 2015 - 02:44 PM.

#8 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:51 AM

yaaaaay replacing gargoyles! 

things i could see replacing it: isis, petites, cramps (if say, you bumped up the spawn on the culvert 4 map), disguises

as for expansion, i'd start splitting it up into 5 level increments just so i could expose people to more unused places /gg 70 could be alarms maybe, 75 ninetails, 80 harpies, 85 dullahans/something in niff 2?, 90 anolians? i'm just spitballing ideas here, haven't finished my first cup of coffee.

unrelated, i wish there was just a random idea thread in the foundry :c i feel like through discussion that happens on my stream, we come up with some neat little idea that might be worth something, even if it has to be tweaked. i also try to convince my viewers to post on the forums, so maybe they'd have input on things as well. i understand if this is a bit too open ended though, i just don't feel like the things we end up with are really relevant to most of the threads in there.

#9 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:27 AM

yaaaaay replacing gargoyles! 

things i could see replacing it: isis, petites, cramps (if say, you bumped up the spawn on the culvert 4 map), disguises

as for expansion, i'd start splitting it up into 5 level increments just so i could expose people to more unused places /gg 70 could be alarms maybe, 75 ninetails, 80 harpies, 85 dullahans/something in niff 2?, 90 anolians? i'm just spitballing ideas here, haven't finished my first cup of coffee.

unrelated, i wish there was just a random idea thread in the foundry :c i feel like through discussion that happens on my stream, we come up with some neat little idea that might be worth something, even if it has to be tweaked. i also try to convince my viewers to post on the forums, so maybe they'd have input on things as well. i understand if this is a bit too open ended though, i just don't feel like the things we end up with are really relevant to most of the threads in there.

Is there a general idea to what the suggestions are for, quality of life, new items, quests? 

#10 Tunichi

Tunichi

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Loki

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

How long is the maintenance? just asking. Sorry off topic. I am new here in iRO. Thanks!

#11 FatDrunknSTUPlD

FatDrunknSTUPlD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • LocationBurbank Buy More
  • Server:iRO Beta Server

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:39 AM

finished the gargoyle quest yesterday and cramp was always killing me :3 but i do hope janaway would offer quest for 80 and 90 and 99 tho it helps newbies(like myself) a lot haha

#12 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:43 AM

How long is the maintenance? just asking. Sorry off topic. I am new here in iRO. Thanks!

We are down from 9am to 1pm Pacific Standard Time

#13 Tunichi

Tunichi

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Loki

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

We are down from 9am to 1pm Pacific Standard Time

Thank you!

#14 Blazenkai

Blazenkai

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:09 AM

double exp is staying ?

#15 Sushi

Sushi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:12 AM

Replacing Gargoyles, good decision. Maybe Clocks, Isis?

Monsters for the last quests could be Raydrics, Anubis, Khalitzburgs?

#16 UlrichStern

UlrichStern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationBeyond where the sun touches
  • Server:The good one wink wink

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:36 AM

I don't know what monsters are there so, I guess for the 70+ it could have like byalan 4, High Orcs, Isis, Clocks... And I think that if it would have monsters spawn events they should be included -during the event- in janeways according to their level.

#17 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:39 AM

double exp is staying ?

Yes, it's in for a long while.

#18 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:50 AM

Make the dungeon teleporter in Asgard Village available for low level players only please.

Or they will be abused by farmer bots.

#19 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:53 AM

1395 Crystal CRYSTAL_1
1396 Crystal CRYSTAL_2
1397 Crystal CRYSTAL_3
1398 Crystal CRYSTAL_4
1951 Crystal CRYSTAL_6
1952 Crystal CRYSTAL_7
1953 Crystal CRYSTAL_8
1954 Crystal CRYSTAL_9

Crystals are used in the Valkyries Gift Events

1664 Photon Cannon POTON_CANON

1665 Photon Cannon POTON_CANON_1
1666 Photon Cannon POTON_CANON_2
1667 Photon Cannon POTON_CANON_3
Used by Juperoes

1171 Soldier Andre SOLDIER_ANDRE
1172 Soldier Deniro SOLDIER_DENIRO
1173 Soldier Piere SOLDIER_PIERE

These do not work they even have unique cards that do nothing. I think at one time kRO was working on a lv3 to Ant Hell

1496 Stone Bomb STONE_SHOOTER_BULLET
I think this is linked to a monster skill some how. The sprite looks like an attack

1875 Tristan III TRISTAN_3RD
2380 Gift Stealing Raccoon XMAS_SMOKEY_GIFT
2379 Socks Stealing Raccoon XMAS_SMOKEY_SOCK

Currently in Use

1841 Rocky balBOA G_SNAKE_

1690 Lunar Rabbit G_SPRING_RABBIT
1732 New Year Treasure Box G_TREASURE_BOX

1890 Koshei, the Immortal GOPINICH_R

1989 Havlock HILLSRION
1284 Hugeling HUGELING
1926 Jakk JAKK_H
1994 Great Gabor LUCIOLA_VESPA
1993 Great Havlock NAGA
1963 New Year Doll PANZER_GOBLIN

1792 Organic Jakk SOCCER_BALL

1986 Amadreus TATACHO

1991 Oda Frog TENDRILRION

These are possible; After maintenance I will check alot of scripts and see whats going on with these monsters.

Lets talk AI about the challenge dungeon for a moment.

Since RO1's AI is at best confusing in the past we have copied the AI characteristics of other monsters. However to provide a real challenge we want to expand on this. What kind of AI do you think would make a monster more difficult to face?

Monsters that Heal/Buff Each other?
Glass Cannons? (GFist)
Kidnapping Monsters? (Snatch)

#20 UlrichStern

UlrichStern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationBeyond where the sun touches
  • Server:The good one wink wink

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:02 AM

Excuse me, but, when you say geffen is in a spotlight, what does it mean? What happens in the game for us?

Edited by UlrichStern, 18 February 2015 - 10:02 AM.

#21 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

Spotlights are an increase in exp/drops from the monsters in a particular region. In the past they've been specific about which monsters/dungeons are affected by it (Oda actually included a link in his post). It's just a way to encourage people to go check out different areas of the world.

Also thanks for following up on that Camp, I only did a quick once over on the list and didnt go check to see if anything was being used elsewhere.

As for monster AI, I think one thing that makes things challenging for me is getting past the pneuma/sw barrier. Some monsters can just be endlessly tanked in either of these rendering them boring. Some things to get around that are stuff like a Bio3 LKs clashing which pierces SW or a Salamanders very fast attackspeed which requires you to refresh SW regularly especially after a 2hq. There's also area abilities/debuffs which upset any party members or support players, stuff like area stone curse/silence/stun/freeze maybe even chaos/dragon fear, also something like pulse strike is good as it requires reasonable positioning to avoid (or pneuma) and has a knockback as punishment for getting hit. Elemental attacks have always been a pretty big part of monster AI too, generally they'll have a specific flavour and you'd wear an elemental armor to negate it, but if you had some things with opposite attacks it requires more effective armor switching etc. You can also look at many vs moderate vs few, you can either have a whole pile of weak things (which can be pretty fun) or a few stronger ones, think dragons vs biolabs. I dont think you need to make them hit excessively hard, getting 1shot regularly (even by skills) is really not a fun way to play unless you're planning specifically around people bringing an MS tank and/or Sac to the dungeon.

I dont really know how to combine it together for actual challenging monsters, I'll be okay with whatever you put in honestly it doesnt need to be super tuned. I'm sure the people who are regularly asking for more difficult content (undying comes to mind) will have better ideas of how to make things challenging.

Edited by Themes, 18 February 2015 - 10:22 AM.

#22 Presti

Presti

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:21 AM

Replacing Gargoyles with Undead monsters (Mummies...etc) could be more "solo-friendly" for acolytes (at least the ones who don't intend to become monks :3). Also, I don't know if the community agrees, but I think there should be a challenge dungeon for non trans only. It will allow them to level, make some money but also get involved with other players in order to survive there. 

Edited by Presti, 18 February 2015 - 10:25 AM.

#23 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

Janeway

60-70 "Kill 70" Mummies 

70-80 "Kill 80" Evil Druid *Increase Evil druid amount and remove bugs in gl_church, (Glast Heim St. Abbey)."

80-95 "Kill 250" Loli Ruri or Teddy Bears with enhanced spawns.  

#24 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:52 AM

I still think an instanced dungeon to go through as a group of level 20-30 players that you spend an hour or so clearing through and coming out job 50 and level 55-60 would be a really neat way to go about it.

Doing a second challenge dungeon with level appropriate monsters is really hard for them as they're currently scraping the bottom of the barrel for monsters to use, the game only has a limited number of monsters available and they cannot add new ones, so they've been repurposing old ones for use in their content. This has lead to the current difficulty with getting this challenge dungeon in, between the last dungeon they did and this one they added the Nidhogg instance which required probably all the spare monsterids they had been using.

Do like the idea of undead stuff. Firelocks seem a much friendlier option to Gargoyles, but they're locked behind entrance to Amatsu etc. You could also try something like Alligators for 60-70. No idea about harder stuff.

#25 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:02 AM

Is there a general idea to what the suggestions are for, quality of life, new items, quests? 

not generally. for example, yesterday, someone in my chat asked me what i'd talk about to get pserver players to iRO. the discussion later went onto what functions or quests/etc would we implement that could make iRO more desirable than pservers. i think one of the ideas that came up yesterday had to do with the idea that castle drops are undesirable, and what they could be used for. as a whole, we figured that maybe copying the empty bottle npc could lead to something, like where you trade in slotted gear from castles for siege supplies or maybe points towards gsbs, and then new players could talk to the npc to get a free set of basic slotted gear once per account (if possible), even once per character probably wouldn't hurt. 

generally, i try to ramble about something in ragnarok, and discussion gets us something or other. also, we also talked about the idea of shorter vip purchases, because having a 3-day vip for the weekend would totally be A Cool Thing. snowed in? i'm lookin' at you, northeast US. grab a 3 day vip and ignore the white nonsense covering the ground for a bit, and don't worry because you won't be wasting that vip time when you go back to work. i'd love to narrow this down, but the ideas do end up all over the place. sorry :(

also good lord please no teddy bears those are jerks!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users